21 replies to this topic

#1 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

This is pretty ridiculous in my opinion and it seems a large portion of the community agrees. What Google claims as "users’ benefit" is actually making this very complicated and now no one can even make a comment on Youtube without going through red tape.

http://www.techhive....rom-google.html

Even the founders of youtube are up in arms
http://news.yahoo.co...-000555679.html

I can understand what they are trying to do, but they are not doing it for the sake of convenience and it has become a huge mess. I can't even reply to some of my followers in the comments cause it won't let me anymore.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

I hate Google+. It's boring as hell despite of having a Gmail account. I can't even post a comment on Youtube anymore because my name will reveal to the public.

hbNJ6C0.png

Edited by sakutonaru, 09 November 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#3 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

I cant even see any form of commentary on any Youtube video despite being logged.

Youtube is now dead.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 09 November 2013 - 11:55 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#4 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

I cant even see any form of commentary on any Youtube video despite being logged.

Youtube is now dead.

It didn't die. It committed suicide.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#5 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

If google was smart they would keep Youtube as independant website.

If google keeps this policy then I'll never type out another comment. It's a real shame more people arent outraged by this. if we get enough people to speak out against this it will go away.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

I was on youtube last night when I saw the message on the comment section... I was like, "What...?" Oh and I don't like Google+ either. I hate it on my phone.

They need to get rid of that feature or like Branden said, make the site independent.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Petition to remove this kind of BS. https://www.change.o...-original-form#

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

This is pushing it. I mean I didn't mind too mind, but now, it's getting out of hand. Seriously, we get it.

#9 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

You guys need to understand that's all about the money. They started Google+ I think two years ago I'm not sure, anyway it doesn't matter. They wanted Google+ to be the Facebook killer and they failed miserably. So they looked at something else they owned YouTube and decided to force the users of that website to use G+ because Youtube has the largest user-base of any video-sharing website out there. The sad truth is there is nothing we can do about it. Unless we stop using all the google products then they will listen but there is a problem with that. How many people do you think are able to stop using google products?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

You guys need to understand that's all about the money. They started Google+ I think two years ago I'm not sure, anyway it doesn't matter. They wanted Google+ to be the Facebook killer and they failed miserably. So they looked at something else they owned YouTube and decided to force the users of that website to use G+ because Youtube has the largest user-base of any video-sharing website out there. The sad truth is there is nothing we can do about it. Unless we stop using all the google products then they will listen but there is a problem with that. How many people do you think are able to stop using google products?

We know it is all about money, but if we the people can get Microsoft to change the XboxOne, maybe this can be done too. Unfortunately, Google has a hand in alot of pies that it is really hard to get rid of them when they buy websites that a lot of people use unknowingly.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

Anything short of rioting/protesting outside Google or the homes of the people who own Google will not do, unfortunately; these people think they're gods because no one is willing to challenge them, or at least remind them they're human and that they aren't invincible. It's a God Complex, and by law there's nothing anyone can do from stopping them from taking their aggressions over their failure at stopping FaceBook and so on out on YouTube and the rest of us

#12 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

Yeah, there is. Using something else. If not enough people do that it would seem to suggest that not enough people care about this to work up outrage to shift their business elsewhere.

Of course it's about the money. That is what Google is in business to do.

Watching you guys treat it as some evil deed is hilarious. When Microsoft changed XboxOne I suspect part of their motivation was not wanting PO'd customers to take their business to Sony.

Besides, aren't Youtube comment sections supposed to be intellectual wastelands? Seems like they are doing people a favor.

#13 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

The belief that there is nothing we can do is what makes the belief true. If you take action the world changes, even if only slightly. It is those changes that cause a butterfly effect that changes everything. Think what you can do to change things, and then do it. If it doesn't work do something else. If there are no options left try seeking out help. If nobody can help  then try again from the start.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#14 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Call me crazy, but I thought it's a good move. It educates people to be responsible with their comments/opinions and it enforces the idea of internet etiquette. Freedom doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want publicly while hiding your identity.

Probably because I came from the older generation, that's why I find this useful.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#15 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Call me crazy, but I thought it's a good move. It educates people to be responsible with their comments/opinions and it enforces the idea of internet etiquette. Freedom doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want publicly while hiding your identity.

Probably because I came from the older generation, that's why I find this useful.

Gladly. You are crazy.

Privacy is what allows people to act freely. When people feel like they are being watched they don't act naturally. They fear whatever they do and become submissive. Morals aside google is trying to force us to use their service with everything we do on the internet. They are trying to create a monopoly, and if they do that then they will have no competition. Competition is what makes a service or product good. If there's no competition then the quality of the product can be garbage and people would put up with it because there are no alternatives.

If you want to educate people then put more funding into the schools, take the fluoride out of the water, stop producing gmo foods, stop giving people crippling vaccines, stop lying to people, and support parents.

There are certain websites that are built from the ground up to require a name and hold you accountable for your actions, but Youtube is not one of those websites.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#16 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

Yes James it can be done, we the people can actually make Google listen to us just like we did with the Microsoft and their Xbox. But here is the difference between Google and Microsoft.

Microsoft decided to change their Xbox ridiculous requirements (Always on Kinect, Internet connection, secondhand games, etc.) because of the preorders. The consumers weren’t happy and they showed with their money. The thing with Google is well it’s free. And this is where the problem occurs we can’t just say we’re not going to buy their new product because we are not directly paying for the product. We are the consumers but we are also the product, something that most people don’t really know. The only way to make Google listen to us is to stop using their products and good luck trying to convince people to stop using YouTube or the Google search engine or Gmail or Picasa or anything else. Personally I’m only using YouTube and technically speaking that’s not a Google product, they just bought it. And I’m thinking about deleting my YouTube/Google account because I had enough with this nonsense.

Again it can be done but it’s almost impossible.

Besides, aren't Youtube comment sections supposed to be intellectual wastelands? Seems like they are doing people a favor.

That depends on the video, the subject of the video, the channel, the community just like any other social media website. Sometimes you're going to have a nice conversation with someone other times not so much.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#17 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

Yeah, there is. Using something else. If not enough people do that it would seem to suggest that not enough people care about this to work up outrage to shift their business elsewhere.

Of course it's about the money. That is what Google is in business to do.

Watching you guys treat it as some evil deed is hilarious. When Microsoft changed XboxOne I suspect part of their motivation was not wanting PO'd customers to take their business to Sony.

Ever since the new comment system the comment section has been 10x worse.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#18 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

Gladly. You are crazy.

Privacy is what allows people to act freely. When people feel like they are being watched they don't act naturally. They fear whatever they do and become submissive. Morals aside google is trying to force us to use their service with everything we do on the internet. They are trying to create a monopoly, and if they do that then they will have no competition. Competition is what makes a service or product good. If there's no competition then the quality of the product can be garbage and people would put up with it because there are no alternatives.

If you want to educate people then put more funding into the schools, take the fluoride out of the water, stop producing gmo foods, stop giving people crippling vaccines, stop lying to people, and support parents.

There are certain websites that are built from the ground up to require a name and hold you accountable for your actions, but Youtube is not one of those websites.

Hmm, I disagree. Privacy/anonymity is what allows people to act differently than they normally do and if you ask me it brings out the worst in people.

*Doesn't see the big deal in all of this*

#19 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

Hmm, I disagree. Privacy/anonymity is what allows people to act differently than they normally do and if you ask me it brings out the worst in people.

*Doesn't see the big deal in all of this*

Would you like to be arbitrarily judged for what you do in your free time? The Internet is not my public-life, it's my down-time and my free-time; it's not illegal (yet) to be a harsh troll on YouTube videos and games, but I don't want anyone to know it because people are judgmental little wankers. If you bully someone in real-life, that's bad, but somehow when you do it over an anonymous glow-y box that's as if you blew up the world's collectively-owned cars. And then took a wee on the charred remains. If I want to troll in my spare-time, that's what I'll do in my spare-time. I don't want people to know about it because people jump to conclusions or are overly "sensitive" about those types of things because people have opinions, and those opinions are shaped by common opinion, and currently common opinion says that all trolls are bad and that they should be thrown into jail to rot because some of us are more sadistic than the rest of us, and that in some heated situations (or in most cases, mentally-ill situations in terms of the status of the trolled) there is pain and death. I have never caused anyone to die, nor should I be treated as such by my peers; therefore, they should not know what I do on the Internet, because frankly the last place for the truest freedom of speech is on the Internet. Any opinion that is not of the socio-cultural norm is quashed and mangled under the protesting boots of the Venerable Public who see it fit that there be only their opinions and no others. If the Internet were to be censored (which Google is steadily approaching not de jure but through forcing the  sharing of private information and names) then I guarentee the world will see a steady stagnation and decline in intellectual reasoning and freedom of expression (even more than now).

#20 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

Would you like to be arbitrarily judged for what you do in your free time? The Internet is not my public-life, it's my down-time and my free-time; it's not illegal (yet) to be a harsh troll on YouTube videos and games, but I don't want anyone to know it because people are judgmental little wankers. If you bully someone in real-life, that's bad, but somehow when you do it over an anonymous glow-y box that's as if you blew up the world's collectively-owned cars. And then took a wee on the charred remains. If I want to troll in my spare-time, that's what I'll do in my spare-time. I don't want people to know about it because people jump to conclusions or are overly "sensitive" about those types of things because people have opinions, and those opinions are shaped by common opinion, and currently common opinion says that all trolls are bad and that they should be thrown into jail to rot because some of us are more sadistic than the rest of us, and that in some heated situations (or in most cases, mentally-ill situations in terms of the status of the trolled) there is pain and death. I have never caused anyone to die, nor should I be treated as such by my peers; therefore, they should not know what I do on the Internet, because frankly the last place for the truest freedom of speech is on the Internet. Any opinion that is not of the socio-cultural norm is quashed and mangled under the protesting boots of the Venerable Public who see it fit that there be only their opinions and no others. If the Internet were to be censored (which Google is steadily approaching not de jure but through forcing the  sharing of private information and names) then I guarentee the world will see a steady stagnation and decline in intellectual reasoning and freedom of expression (even more than now).

I guess I don't really care what people judge me for that I do during my free time, I'm already constantly judged by my peers and leadership.

I understand the desire for secrecy, completely, but at the same time I feel like some matters such as this topic are just... insignificant. I don't see the big issue as to having my name appear on Youtube when I choose to express my opinion, but again, that's just me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users