227 replies to this topic

#21 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

I think at some point in the future, and after he finishes from anything Naruto related, he may admit the truth about NS being the one.

I don't think he'll do anything that would damage the Boruto manga. Or, maybe it won't damage it.

Edited by T XD, 31 January 2017 - 09:57 PM.

#22 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

I wonder if it's to try to boost legitimacy and sales for Boruto. And also a deep dislike for Sakura and 'modern' girls. That's why in the end, Naruto went for a traditional girl, gave up all of his 'I'm going usher in a new peaceful era' crap, and Sakura was abandoned at home as a housekeeper. (There is a subtle punishment in Sakura's ending in the manga, while the traditional girl gets a Cinderella-esque ending, despite having virtually no part in the story.)

In Japan right now, there is such deep distress about the state of marriage and family. The population is aging, and the younger generations aren't marrying early and having children to bolster the population. It's a serious issue. And I really think Kishimoto responded to this by making Naruto go for the most traditional Japanese female character of the series. Their marriage is exactly what is being campaigned for right now.

Fifteen panels over fifteen years does NOT make Hinata a third of a love triangle. No matter what Kishimoto says. But I have a feeling that's not the reason why he's still blathering on about her. 

I think him talking about Hinata again, trying to justify their marriage and retcon her importance over Sakura, is his way of pushing not just the Boruto series but also this "don't wait, get married" mindset a little farther.  

#23 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

He's the biggest Sakura hater put there.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#24 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

He's the biggest Sakura hater put there.

No kidding.

#25 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:11 AM

If Hinata was supposed to be the main love interest she should of appeared in chapter 3 instead of Sakura!

I wonder if it's to try to boost legitimacy and sales for Boruto. And also a deep dislike for Sakura and 'modern' girls. That's why in the end, Naruto went for a traditional girl, gave up all of his 'I'm going usher in a new peaceful era' crap, and Sakura was abandoned at home as a housekeeper. (There is a subtle punishment in Sakura's ending in the manga, while the traditional girl gets a Cinderella-esque ending, despite having virtually no part in the story.)

In Japan right now, there is such deep distress about the state of marriage and family. The population is aging, and the younger generations aren't marrying early and having children to bolster the population. It's a serious issue. And I really think Kishimoto responded to this by making Naruto go for the most traditional Japanese female character of the series. Their marriage is exactly what is being campaigned for right now.

Fifteen panels over fifteen years does NOT make Hinata a third of a love triangle. No matter what Kishimoto says. But I have a feeling that's not the reason why he's still blathering on about her. 

I think him talking about Hinata again, trying to justify their marriage and retcon her importance over Sakura, is his way of pushing not just the Boruto series but also this "don't wait, get married" mindset a little farther.  

I hear that Japan is having childbirth and marriageable problems, so yeah I can kind of understand why he might went to try and get young readers to appeal to this type of Marriage.

However given the negative response to not only just the ending and The Last movie it seems like to me ( I recall hearing Japanese fans calling Naruto the ultimate scumbag) this completely backfired and put off young Naruto fans more away from the traditional marriage lifestyle.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 01 February 2017 - 10:24 PM.

#26 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

@Kishi's interview

dee.gif

I don't know if it was sent out to make a message or whatever. But it obviously failed. Kishi isn't even handling well. Naruto is obviously UNHAPPY with his marriage and family life. If anything, it's telling the readers to not get married or aim for the Hinaturd type. If he wanted to promote marriage and kids, then you'd think he'd at least make Naruto HAPPY. But he's not. Heck, it'd be a better message to have him with Sakura (concerning this kind of message of modern girls) to show them that they can be happy. It'd be more relatable to the modern generation. 

So I doubt it was for that reason. Because if it were, then he's doing the opposite. Naruto in an unhappy marriage that is only still existing because of the kids. Sakura was a single mother and gets zero love from Sasuke. And Sasuke don't give a crap. 

I'm pretty sure it's all cuz he sold out. But the fact he keeps addressing them...it's odd, isn't it? Two years and he's still trying to justify the end pairings. I wonder if the fans are still lashing out at him about the pairs. I really hope so!!

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#27 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

A lot of you have done a fantastic job in describing the flaws in his answer regarding the pairing, so I'll just say I agree with all of your posts on that. I wanted to put some attention on another piece of what he said.

Particularly this: "I didn't do it to bring her in as a special female character. She was at the same level as characters like Kiba or Shikamaru."

For a long time I think many of us have wondered why Sakura didn't end up with Naruto and also why she began to regress somewhat in the last third of the series. Many of us on this site were confused because of our belief that Sakura, the person who was side-by-side with Naruto through most of the series, his most loyal friend, and a student of the greatest medical ninja of all time, was the heroine of the story.

But apparently, according to this interview, Sakura wasn't meant to be a special female character? She was on the same level as Kiba? What? Your female protagonist who likely had the most screen/panel time of any of them is on the same level of Kiba. If he's really telling the truth here, then it's apparent why Sakura's character crashed in the final third of the series, because this whole time the writer really didn't care.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#28 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:54 AM

The thing is, who other than Sakura could be the special female character ? A character that he forgot to insert in the manga ?

A special female character has to be shown that she's not like other female characters. Who else could it be beside Sakura ? :P

If Kishimoto really didn't care then Sakura would not have hundreds of panel time and some good development from the first place like the side characters. She went everywhere with the protagonist, had hundreds of panels, good development ( before her character assassination in the last 2 chapters along with other characters ), battled and showed huge strength many times.

It's called heroine. She's the heroine according to Kishimoto in his main characters list, the data books and the manga. 

Sakura did cut out of appearance at some point, but we all know the drag of the war against Pein, the alliances arrival is a big drag, Naruto and Kakashi boys fight with Obito and Madara, etc. In fact, Sakura has more appearances than Sasuke and what she's doing in the story. She comes second after Naruto in these terms.

After all this and what I was reading for years, if Kishimoto meant that Sakura is not a special female character and it's another one, which there's nowhere else in the manga to be seen of such character, then I'm kinda stunned of passing one of grade school's simplest question : " Who are the main characters of this story ? "

Edited by T XD, 01 February 2017 - 01:05 AM.

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:56 AM

REALLY? He said that? I was under the impression that  a love triangle meant that there was neutral development for all parties and that either love interest was validly compatible with the one in the middle. Plus Hinata was shoehorned in last minute because of all the beta males jacking off to her passive, submissive personality and scorned women using her as a self insert for their crushes on nice guy gone wrong. Am I right? :mellow:

Oh Side note* but is it not  SO SEXIST that he's is making excuses as for why these two female characters are with their current husbandos and nothing ELSE? Most prominently why he WASTED Sakura's potential as a character, or if ANY of this BS was true, why didn't he make Hinata more prominent in the story if that was the intention. What? Is he copying the  Bulma, Chichi formula?  THAT IS AN INSULT TO DRGAON BALL

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 February 2017 - 01:15 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:21 AM

Well obviously this is another one of those "interviews" where his masters send their dog on a leash to try to convince once more, that this is really what was planned from day one and we the readers were to stupid to see it.

Thing is it didn't work 3 years ago and it didn't work 2 years ago and not even a year ago and most definitely it won't work this time.

No matter what the muppet is told to say, people won't get fooled. And we saw this with the failure of everything, including the ending and everything that came after.

I hate humans that hold on to their pride so much. Because right now this is really what it's about. They made a business decision which was the wrong one and they know it, and now they can't admit they f'ed up. So instead of swallowing their pride and admit they f'ed up, they prefer to continue on the path of destruction, and blame the readers who were right all along, that they read the story wrong.

And we are the ones that f'ed up. Because we are the ones that didn't get it.

It's one thing to avoid the situation entirely and another to blame the people (us, who let's be honest here made them) for their own screw ups. That to me is disgusting.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#31 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:24 AM

You know I actually wanted to say that. It's been close to 3 years now and this idiot is still trying to convince people that the sudden change in the ending was planned and foreshadowed all along.

I wonder how long will it take for him to realize that no one on this planet believes his bs.

It obvious that the people around him don't believe it or he wouldn't feel the need to bring it up. It not like the pro fan even care what he has to say are far as they are concern either "of course it was always intended to be nH" or "kishi saw the light realize Sakura a kitten and put Naruto with the girl that truly cares about him." But it is clearly haunting him so he brought it up again.

Kishi is really REALLY stupid He REALLY should shut his mouth i mean does he not care  about dragging his bad reputation? Cause it  really could effect his new manga. If people have no faith in you then how are you going to get viewers thats going to read your story?

It sickens me that narutos stupidity comes from kishi himself.   :down:

Im not defending kishi but if hes planning to make another better manga in which he stated before he really should smarten himself.  

I'm not sure if this was SP trying to remind the pro ending fan Kishi is still involved with Boruto. Or the negative reaction and poor sales of it are getting to him so to try and convince himself again he did another interview. 

But no one cares. Pro fan don't care what he is saying because they got with they want. So they are either staying on or not; there is nothing they can say in an interview that can change that. And Anti ending fan think he is a liar. So all this is to them is; that he is lying again and making him look pathetic. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 February 2017 - 02:30 AM.

#32 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:43 AM

To me it seems like he is only saying this stuff to please the pro-ending fans that still buy Naruto merchandise. They figure it's fine to throw us under the bus, because most of us do not buy anything Naruto related anymore.

This doesn't really bother me that much anymore, it's the same crap we've been hearing from him since the manga ended. Nothing is ever going to change and I don't expect it to. There's not really anything we can do about it.

#33 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:49 AM

Exactly Tricksie, it's mind boggling how he treats his readers like morons. His comment about creating Sakura to be nothing more then a side character is beyond laughable because we hardly saw Hinata, "the real heroine of the series" in the manga at all. I mean seriously, you really want us to buy that?! He's lying through his teeth, and it's insulting, especially when he throws in there that he purposefully left "false hints" that Naruto was going to end up with Sakura. No, those aren't false leads, that right there is actual development that had real foundation behind it, but you abandoned it to please others. What upsets me even more is that his insults effects all readers, not just shippers. His whole Hinata Naruto and Sakura love triangle screams... 

"You guys are all gullible idiots, let me just convince you that what you read wasn't real. There was no love triangle involving team 7, just  forget everything you read and instead listen to me now."

Urgh this man is unbelievable, if I was his wife I'd forbid him from talking any further about pairings. Though this does show that interviewers still ask because we all know that the end pairings didn't make sense. Which leads me to my next point. I also agree that Kishi's actions with his N/H marriage are tied to real life events in Japan, especially when you notice that Hinata and Naruto had no courtship aside from the little time they had in the movie. They literally get married right away.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#34 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:55 AM

Yes, it is an attempt to give Boruto a boost by having kishimoto give another interview.

I don't think the final pairings had to do with anything involving Japan's declining population. The ending was entirely about trying to appeal the international market, and from what they could find...from youtube reviewers the international market wanted nH. But that didn't work and they are dealing with is what a dead franchise by this point and are forcing people to keep it alive.

I swear Naruto/Sakura/Hinata is the worst love triangle I've ever seen. One girl is literally barely ever there, and she is the one who won in the end. 

I don't know if it was sent out to make a message or whatever. But it obviously failed. Kishi isn't even handling well. Naruto is obviously UNHAPPY with his marriage and family life. If anything, it's telling the readers to not get married or aim for the Hinaturd type. If he wanted to promote marriage and kids, then you'd think he'd at least make Naruto HAPPY. But he's not. Heck, it'd be a better message to have him with Sakura (concerning this kind of message of modern girls) to show them that they can be happy. It'd be more relatable to the modern generation. 

So I doubt it was for that reason. Because if it were, then he's doing the opposite. Naruto in an unhappy marriage that is only still existing because of the kids. Sakura was a single mother and gets zero love from Sasuke. And Sasuke don't give a crap. 

I'm pretty sure it's all cuz he sold out. But the fact he keeps addressing them...it's odd, isn't it? Two years and he's still trying to justify the end pairings. I wonder if the fans are still lashing out at him about the pairs. I really hope so!!

They probably are, I'm still thinking about writing my own essay to him. If nothing else to get him to stop giving interview and just go to his scifi manga. The thing is he wrote all of this. He wrote Naruto marriage life sucks. He wrote Sasuke is an deadbeat father. He the one that decided to make the main pairings as awful as they are now. Which turned off a large number of pro end and people that were will to give Boruto a try. His own choices after the ending have done nothing but hurt its sequel.

The thing is, who other than Sakura could be the special female character ? A character that he forgot to insert in the manga ?

A special female character has to be shown that she's not like other female characters. Who else could it be beside Sakura ? :P

If Kishimoto really didn't care then Sakura would not have hundreds of panel time and some good development from the first place like the side characters. She went everywhere with the protagonist, had hundreds of panels, good development ( before her character assassination in the last 2 chapters along with other characters ), battled and showed huge strength many times.

It's called heroine. She's the heroine according to Kishimoto in his main characters list, the data books and the manga. 

Sakura did cut out of appearance at some point, but we all know the drag of the war against Pein, the alliances arrival is a big drag, Naruto and Kakashi boys fight with Obito and Madara, etc. In fact, Sakura has more appearances than Sasuke and what she's doing in the story. She comes second after Naruto in these terms.

After all this and what I was reading for years, if Kishimoto meant that Sakura is not a special female character and it's another one, which there's nowhere else in the manga to be seen of such character, then I'm kinda stunned of passing one of grade school's simplest question : " Who are the main characters of this story ? "

At the Start of the manga:

Naruto/Hero

Sakura/Heroine

Sasuke/Rival

Kakashi/Mentor 

By the End of the Manga:

Sasuke/Hero  

Hinata/Heroine

Sasuke's Past/Rival

Orochimaru/Mentor

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 February 2017 - 09:41 AM.

#35 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:15 AM

Ria and I just had a conversation about the interview, and it's so funny cause her friend said "Kishi is essentially Japan's version of Trump."  and I'm just sitting here laughing my aass off in the corner. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#36 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:48 AM

Ria and I just had a conversation about the interview, and it's so funny cause her friend said "Kishi is essentially Japan's version of Trump."  and I'm just sitting here laughing my aass off in the corner. 

No, that analogy doesn't really work.

Trump was able to ride a populist wave into the white house and is fulfilling the promises he made on the campaign. People may not like him but that is true. Kishimoto tried to get on the nH anti-Sakura wave with the ending but it failed so bad that he announced that he would be leaving the franchise to start a scifi manga. Then stayed for one reason or another.

Trump was able to win and succeed at what he was doing. Kishimoto failed and is only continuing to humiliate himself.

Trump is keeping his word good or bad. Kishimoto can't even be honest to his wife.

Trump made people unable to stop talking about him. Especially now since he is the President. Kisimoto made people forget about him and his story for the most part. With only these interview to remind us he still around.

Trump is a celebrity business man turned President. Kishimoto is a mangaka of one SJ most profitable manga turned editor of its sequel. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 February 2017 - 03:48 AM.

#37 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:52 AM

No, that analogy doesn't really work.

Trump was able to ride a populist wave into the white house and is fulfilling the promises he made on the campaign. People may not like him but that is true. Kishimoto tried to get on the nH anti-Sakura wave with the ending but it failed so bad that he announced that he would be leaving the franchise to start a scifi manga. Then stayed for one reason or another.

Trump was able to win and succeed at what he was doing. Kishimoto failed and is only continuing to humiliate himself.

Trump is keeping his word good or bad. Kishimoto can't even be honest to his wife.

Trump made people unable to stop talking about him. Especially now since he is the President. Kisimoto made people forget about him and his story for the most part. With only these interview to remind us he still around.

Trump is a celebrity business man turned President. Kishimoto is a mangaka of one SJ most profitable manga turned editor of its sequel. 

funny enough I kinda mentioned that same thing to her after she told me what her friend said.

I just it was kinda amusing.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#38 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:35 AM

ZuaQOT5.jpg

I would say Bolt is lazy, I have not seen anything that shows me that he is crafty (or refine. even compared to Naruto), and his spoiled nature leads him to want to take shortcuts because he doesn't want to put the effort in as well as his attitude leading him to act like a little kitten.

Dear god. What's with Naruto's left eye?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 February 2017 - 06:14 AM.

#39 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:10 AM

Wow, you know, if he is being honest here, about intending NaruHina from the beginning, then wow, he knows how to make chemistry between Naruto and a not so "special character" better, than the intended shipping from the start. 

One of the main reasons I shipped NaruSaku was because of their chemistry. Their personalities just fit so well together. Naruto's progressing feelings for her throughout part one, and Sakura's slow tolerance, to admiration/care for him was something I think we all found endearing, and why we loved them together so much. 

I don't see why he couldn't do the same for the intended pairing. He relied on (I guess he intended them to be) big flashy moments, without showing their chemistry, IMO. 

Well, either way, this isn't anything new. Even if he did intend the pairing as he says, he did a lousy job of showing it. 

It does however, make me sad that Sakura was not considered a heroine in Kishi's eyes, as she wasn't some "special character." *sigh* I don't understand him at all. 

Edited by Wubbzy, 01 February 2017 - 05:54 AM.

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#40 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

Naruto/Hero

Sakura/Heroine

Sasuke/Rival

Kakashi/Mentor 

By the End of the Manga:

Sasuke/Hero  

Hinata/Heroine

Sasuke's Past/Rival

Orochimaru/Mentor

" By the End of the Manga " part, Sasuke was emphasized much more, but not substituting Naruto. It's more like both of them were the heroes.

Orochimaru : Mentor for him, but he wasn't emphasized as much as Sasuke. Much less.

Hinata :  From what the manga was presenting, no. She wasn't seen or acting as a heroine. She was still been acting as a side character.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interview, kishimoto, 2017, shonen jump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users