31567 replies to this topic

#28381 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:48 PM

Bolded: It would've happened IF he had one of those incompetent editors, aka "wanting to put their 2 cents". Remember, we found out he went through different editors after the Pain arc. And honestly, he already add BS stuff anyway. And the one that got me off the roof was the Uzumaki masks!

I said it before, that's their fault. It was too much on Sasuke's side that double amount of issues about the Uchiha clan that it was not even funny. There wasn't any balance. It's a reason why many fans "relied" on the anime fillers, but we know what SP was doing too (whom also added their 2 cents in the worse way possible, they're not getting away scot-free.)

Which, in itself, is one reason why I am glad he didn't do it. A writer that can easily be persuaded by outside forces is not a writer I will trust to stay consistent. Especially when you have established characters. There is a reason why they called Kushina "hot-headed" and if they changed that to make her more like Hinata, then....you are essentially changing a character for shallow reasons.

The job of an editor is to make the writing better...not the write the story for them, but Kishimoto seemed so incompetent and out of touch with how the anime/manga world works that Yahagi was the real one writing the story. Yahagi basically GAVE Kishimoto the keys to the city on this one...and Kishimoto gave the key away to someone else saying "Yeah, just take what you want."

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28382 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:17 PM

Which, in itself, is one reason why I am glad he didn't do it. A writer that can easily be persuaded by outside forces is not a writer I will trust to stay consistent. Especially when you have established characters. There is a reason why they called Kushina "hot-headed" and if they changed that to make her more like Hinata, then....you are essentially changing a character for shallow reasons.

The job of an editor is to make the writing better...not the write the story for them, but Kishimoto seemed so incompetent and out of touch with how the anime/manga world works that Yahagi was the real one writing the story. Yahagi basically GAVE Kishimoto the keys to the city on this one...and Kishimoto gave the key away to someone else saying "Yeah, just take what you want."

You have to wonder if Kishi would have put his foot down about anything at all. If he had people whispering in his ear about how everything would be so much more popular if he just started kittening all over Sasuke, would he have done that? It really can't be said that he was at all conscientious about not damaging his manga/vision.

What I can't stand about Naruto is the mental gymnastics that everyone seems to try to do to make sense of, justify or even APPROACH it (f.ex. with fanworks). Like, it's not that it's REALLY that confusing, offensive, shallow, appalling or whatever criticism someone like me would levy. It just SUCKS. And it's NOT worth this much effort. Sounds absurd coming from me, I know. But it really does. It needs to be interacted with like a buffet table. If you don't like something there then just let it rot. Because it was nasty to begin with.

Edited by DrK, 12 January 2020 - 07:19 PM.

#28383 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:59 PM

Oh are we doing, "what was Hinata's purpose in the story before the editors got involved," again?

It is  like I said, she was just a nice girl that Naruto befriended who got beat up by Neji so we would be rooting for Naruto during that Chunin exam match. That's it. Under Yahagi going by everything else at best he may have thought of using her as Neji wife so he can be adopted into the Main Branch so he could end the family cage bird seal practice; which was why Neji was in love with Hinata in that Rock Lee SD. Afterwards, we got hinata fans and people convince by SP they needed to push Hinata as editors.

#28384 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:04 PM

Oh are we doing, "what was Hinata's purpose in the story before the editors got involved," again?

It is  like I said, she was just a nice girl that Naruto befriended who got beat up by Neji so we would be rooting for Naruto during that Chunin exam match. That's it. Under Yahagi going by everything else at best he may have thought of using her as Neji wife so he can be adopted into the Main Branch so he could end the family cage bird seal practice; which was why Neji was in love with Hinata in that Rock Lee SD. Afterwards, we got hinata fans and people convince by SP they needed to push Hinata as editors.

No dude. It was all about Naruto and Hinata getting married from an early stage. Have you not read the manga? Or Kishi's interviews that are so firmly consistent and affixed in the same genius direction that you could steer a kittening ship using them?

BTW are you still writing those Boruto summaries? Or is your sanity intact?

#28385 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:47 PM

Which can be a real pain in the ass for sure. =/ Plus they try to claim we're salty, when they show that they're the ones who tend to be salty.

I know cause I even wrote out a post on da of the context of the pic they got taken down and I said something that proves my point they whined and got it taken down, plus it's not like you see other Naruto fans doing what they do mocking others that don't ship NH.

#28386 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:05 AM

Which can be a real pain in the ass for sure. =/ Plus they try to claim we're salty, when they show that they're the ones who tend to be salty.

They won and THEY ARE STILL SALTY. That's at least high blood pressure levels of salt :lmao:  :th_yeah:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28387 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:49 AM

They won and THEY ARE STILL SALTY. That's at least high blood pressure levels of salt :lmao:  :th_yeah:

Of course they are. In what way does Boruto (the series, but goes for the character as well) even try to create a NH atmosphere of any kind? Hinata doesn't do anything.

Being told that you won isn't enough. There needs to be an actual payoff. Satisfaction of some kind that can be had. There isn't.

#28388 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:07 AM

https://www-cbr-com....ilarious-quote/

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#28389 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:18 AM

Number 8 can kitten RIGHT OFF!!! But #4 is such a classic line from the dub as well as #1 XD

#28390 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:15 AM

Number 8 can kitten RIGHT OFF!!! But #4 is such a classic line from the dub as well as #1 XD

I honestly couldn't even get that far. The article says that it's about the humorous side to Naruto characters... As in, people being funny? Like on purpose? Yet it all reads like "Haha look how funny it is that this line was so STUPID given other aspects of the story/observations that I make because I, the author am also funny (even though I am not)".

I FAIL to understand how anyone would ever characterize the pain of childbirth as being insignificant (to say nothing of LAUGHABLY insignificant) compared to the general idea of a "ninja mission" that may or may not involve combat/danger. How do you write something so idiotic without being immediately FIRED?

#28391 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:26 AM

I honestly couldn't even get that far. The article says that it's about the humorous side to Naruto characters... As in, people being funny? Like on purpose? Yet it all reads like "Haha look how funny it is that this line was so STUPID given other aspects of the story/observations that I make because I, the author am also funny (even though I am not)".

I FAIL to understand how anyone would ever characterize the pain of childbirth as being insignificant (to say nothing of LAUGHABLY insignificant) compared to the general idea of a "ninja mission" that may or may not involve combat/danger. How do you write something so idiotic without being immediately FIRED?

Yeah, tell me about it. =/ And Kushina had some funnier lines than that really...

#28392 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:14 PM

You have to wonder if Kishi would have put his foot down about anything at all. If he had people whispering in his ear about how everything would be so much more popular if he just started kittening all over Sasuke, would he have done that? It really can't be said that he was at all conscientious about not damaging his manga/vision.

Looking back at some of his interviews, he seemed like a chicken with his head cut off. One interview had him literally saying he has no idea how Hinata became popular when she does absolutely nothing.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28393 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:44 PM

Looking back at some of his interviews, he seemed like a chicken with his head cut off. One interview had him literally saying he has no idea how Hinata became popular when she does absolutely nothing.

"I don't know why you guys like her when she's so boring and does nothing... So boring that I had her do nothing because I find her boring."

"It was all about Naruto and Hinata getting married from an early stage."

#28394 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:51 PM

Really he actually said that I need to know if that's true.

#28395 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:46 PM

Of course they are. In what way does Boruto (the series, but goes for the character as well) even try to create a NH atmosphere of any kind? Hinata doesn't do anything.

Being told that you won isn't enough. There needs to be an actual payoff. Satisfaction of some kind that can be had. There isn't.

What do you THINK I'm relishing in? :hehehe:  :th_yeah:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28396 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:32 AM

What do you THINK I'm relishing in? :hehehe:  :th_yeah:

Not that I can blame you :D  :th_yeah:  :th_yeah:  :th_yeah:  :th_yeah:

#28397 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:41 AM

Sakura saying that she loved Naruto was such a lie that its funny...That was number 9...How dull was Naruto!? I swear their were better lines!

...You don't find jokes about child birth funny? In fact they piss you off? Good to know.

Then again that list is so bland, are they that desperate for clicks?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 15 January 2020 - 07:41 AM.

#28398 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:47 AM

Sakura saying that she loved Naruto was such a lie that its funny...That was number 9...How dull was Naruto!? I swear their were better lines!

...You don't find jokes about child birth funny? In fact they piss you off? Good to know.

Most likely. XD

#28399 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:39 PM

So question did kishi have any involvement in the last production like did he help work on it at all.

#28400 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 15 January 2020 - 03:47 PM

Literally none of these lines are funny.

Naruto calling zestu "Aloe vera" was funny.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users