• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

Yep I don't trust Lotor at all. He's always being a villain just like his father. Guess we'll have to wait for season 6 to find out.

I also hope to see if Allura may actually create a Sixth Lion of Voltron to house the guardian spirit of the White Lion.  She has both the knowledge and the resources (assuming that Lotor is still cooperating with her and doesn't hoard the comet) to do so, and it would be interesting to see how this would affect the dynamics of Voltron team and how this will affect the abilities of Voltron itself.  There's also the possibility that Haggar herself may create her own variation of Voltron or at least enhance the quality and capacity of her Robeasts should she attain the secrets of Altean alchemy on Oriande.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#62 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

The season finale was simply epic and I look forward to the upcoming developments such as: the Paladins returning to Earth and visiting their families(and I look forward to the sheer volume of culture shock that Allura and Coran are going to experience while on Earth), rebuilding the Castle of Lions, Shiro potentially stepping down as the leader of Team Voltron and reinstating Keith since he's going to be recuperating for quite some time.  Haggar is probably going to make plans to create more powerful Robeasts with her newfound knowledge of Altean alchemy as well as make use of her son's schematics for his Voltron prototype to begin development of her series for the Galra Empire. Lotor, I imagine, is likely going to emerge from the quintessence field (whether he escapes through his own methods or with help from his mother) as some form of demi-god after absorbing so much of it.

#63 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

Soooooooo gooooooooooddddd!!!!!!

#64 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:42 PM

Soooooooo gooooooooooddddd!!!!!!

And we still have 26 more episodes to go before it ends, and it's only going to continue to get better. :hehehe:

#65 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

I know! I'm so glad. I love that they're going to continue to develop it. Sooo gooood.

#66 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:31 AM

Man, it's hard to believe that Voltron:TLD will ending this year, with the second-to-final season just 13 days away. And we're apparently getting 13 episodes each for the two remaining seasons. 

#67 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:57 PM

I feel they should do a bit more though.....

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#68 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:29 AM

Well, the showrunners of Voltron have revealed that Shiro is gay and he was formerly engaged to a man named Adam, whom he broke up with prior to the mission that led to his abduction by the Galra Empire. I'm kinda disappointed by this revelation since I was hoping to see if/how they could build upon a relationship between he and Romelle like in the original series in the remaining 26 episodes, but whatevs.

Edited by Kagomaru, 01 August 2018 - 07:35 AM.

#69 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:48 PM

Well, the showrunners of Voltron have revealed that Shiro is gay and he was formerly engaged to a man named Adam, whom he broke up with prior to the mission that led to his abduction by the Galra Empire. I'm kinda disappointed by this revelation since I was hoping to see if/how they could build upon a relationship between he and Romelle like in the original series in the remaining 26 episodes, but whatevs.

I know, I was curious to see how they handled that too. But yeah, whatevs. In the original, it was like Romelle was the consolation prize for him being basically the plot device/damsel-in-distress for the first half of the series. But in this version, Shiro is so much more well-rounded and developed, has so much more agency. I can't imagine him being paired up and shuffled off to some far edge of the galaxy  just because it suited the plot like Sven was. Shiro is so much more integral to the story than Sven, so it will be interesting to see what they do with his story. (I'm actually glad he's still around. I thought they were going to kill him off!)

#70 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:13 PM

Just watched season 7 and by far it's the BEST season. I can't believed they hinted Lance/Allura I already know who Keith will end up with (it was so obvious from the start lol). I love how they handle the story for this season, amazing. And damn it ended with a cliffhanger curses. Now we have to wait next year for season 8.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#71 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:51 PM

Just watched season 7 and by far it's the BEST season. I can't believed they hinted Lance/Allura I already know who Keith will end up with (it was so obvious from the start lol). I love how they handle the story for this season, amazing. And damn it ended with a cliffhanger curses. Now we have to wait next year for season 8.

They also tried very light ship-baiting with Keith x Acxa, but we all saw through that (and I am so freaking glad to see Plance flourishing on a romantic note in this season).

#72 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:52 AM

They also tried very light ship-baiting with Keith x Acxa, but we all saw through that (and I am so freaking glad to see Plance flourishing on a romantic note in this season).

I'm pretty sure Keith will end up with Acxa. :yes:

Edited by Gravenimage, 11 August 2018 - 12:52 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#73 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:56 PM

How so? Don't get me wrong, I'm a plance shipper as well. But I don't think there was any particular moment that would've opened up a strong possibility for them to end up together. Unless you were actually talking about Lance/Allura....

As for Keith/Acxa, I'm still iffy on that even though I'd be onboard with it. The thing that gets me is their last scene in the current season, where Keith and Krolia visits Keith's father's grave. Instead of seeing it through shipping goggles, I'm still suspicious that Acxa might be Keith's half-sister that Krolia never knew or something. Or maybe even a cousin.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#74 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:13 PM

How so? Don't get me wrong, I'm a plance shipper as well. But I don't think there was any particular moment that would've opened up a strong possibility for them to end up together. Unless you were actually talking about Lance/Allura....

As for Keith/Acxa, I'm still iffy on that even though I'd be onboard with it. The thing that gets me is their last scene in the current season, where Keith and Krolia visits Keith's father's grave. Instead of seeing it through shipping goggles, I'm still suspicious that Acxa might be Keith's half-sister that Krolia never knew or something. Or maybe even a cousin.

Mostly the part with Pidge acknowledging that Lance is attractive to her and Lance getting pissed when she was captured.  I watching those scenes with mostly shipping goggles, but it made me happy and bit hopeful. But yeah, I was not fully expecting the possibility of Lance and Allura to advance. I had my suspicions in the last season with their budding friendship, but I thought it would lead to a close and platonic relationship(Lance becoming her 'best guy friend'). Now, it could legitimately happen.

As for Acxa, I don't know. I don't think the staff is going to pull a Luke and Leia on us, given the viewer demographic, but I won't completely dismiss it either. We'll see.

Edited by Kagomaru, 11 August 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#75 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:04 PM

Just finished it. Such a good season. Even a the return of a robeast! But I totally think Lotor and/or Hagar must somehow be behind it. We can't have seen the last of them.

As for the shipping stuff...I'm bummed, tbh. Im such a KxA shipper from way way back. So it's hard not to be bummed. Like when the Allura/Lance interaction happened, I was like What??? It makes no sense to me. Lance likes every girl, and there's been nothing between A and L to make her like him more. No emotional development. No arc where they depend on each other. It came out of nowhere to me. Not like Allura and Lotor, who seemed tailor made for each other. 

As for Keith and Acxa, that's another pairing that seems to good to be true. They do seem tailor made for each other, yes. And she seems to be on their side. But, it could turn out that they're siblings. 

Could this really just be a set up to have a tidy last season, without shipping wars? I don't know. 

There has been absolutely zero to support keithxallura, so maybe they're not going that way at all. And maybe the big development between Acxza and Keith has been to establish that as his love interest, so they bypass having the characters consumed by shipping plots... 

Still... It seems too nice and easy. Like it might be a red herring...?

However, I have a knack for misidentifying red herrings, as can been seen in Exhibit A: NaruSaku.

Am I the only one who thinks AlluraxLance is kinda weird? I could more easily see KeithxLance.

#76 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

I saw someone on tvtropes claiming Joshua Hamilton stated that Keith and Acxa are definitely not blood-related on the Let's Voltron podcast. So, if anyone can confirm this, please come forward.

Also, just a thought: I predict we're getting a 2-year timeskip in the next season, and I'm really hoping Katie grows her hair out again.

As for Allurance, I definitely agree it felt rushed. Last season, I did feel that they were growing closer as good friends, but the leap from that to what we have now is a bit...jarring to say the least. I don't really support it, but I'm not gonna deny they do have some development. I just think it was too rushed. But most of all, I don't think the writers properly developed the chemistry between them. Whereas plance's chemistry was being subtly developed from the beginning imo.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#77 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:08 AM

I saw someone on tvtropes claiming Joshua Hamilton stated that Keith and Acxa are definitely not blood-related on the Let's Voltron podcast. So, if anyone can confirm this, please come forward.

Also, just a thought: I predict we're getting a 2-year timeskip in the next season, and I'm really hoping Katie grows her hair out again.

As for Allurance, I definitely agree it felt rushed. Last season, I did feel that they were growing closer as good friends, but the leap from that to what we have now is a bit...jarring to say the least. I don't really support it, but I'm not gonna deny they do have some development. I just think it was too rushed. But most of all, I don't think the writers properly developed the chemistry between them. Whereas plance's chemistry was being subtly developed from the beginning imo.

I'm more confused, I want Keith and Allura, so its awkward for me when it came to Axca and Lance as I don't care about Axca...but Lance has been like a best friend to Allura in every version. I honestly feel they messed up around the time they brought Shiro back too early as it took Keith off from developing more with the team. The season felt lacklaster to me as Allura took a backseat this season since she is a HUGE focus to the show, I feel for her because in an interview, they said Allura isn't part of the family anymore as they have their own family which might be a focus in S8. I still feel if they had more episodes, they could have expanded it more and wouldn't feel as rushed

Joui Four

#78 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:27 AM

I've always ran into this series whenever I scrolled through netflix to find something to watch. Why has it taken me this long to actually check out the series? Tell you the truth  I was never a really big Voltron fan even with the older series, but my friend convinced me to check it out  by mentioning The guys who did Avatar The Last Airbender are behind this, and because of how much I hold that series to heart, I said sure I'll check out. 

After finishing The Dragon Prince, I finally decided to binge the series watching 1 season a day with the exception of Seasons 3-6 because they were only 6-7 episodes.  Today, I just finished watching Season 7 and wow It was beautiful. The vibes I got from Avatar are definitely present, but more importantly I need the final season right now especially after that cliff hanger. 

My favorite character has got to be Keith  and Shiro at like #2.  Pidge would be #3. 

Ships: At first I was very reserved when it came to the ships, but at this point I'd say Keith x Axca, and Lance x Allura (I kinda caught on during Season 4)   fyi, I'm not really that big on the ships for this series. 

I also loved Zarkkon as a villain truly menacing, and (not sure if anyone knew this), but the guy who voices him was also The English VA for Madara Uchiha which really elevated the menacing factor.  Haggor is an interesting case given her role in the series especially since she is MIA.  I also really enjoyed Lotor as well especially when "he was good" for a time, and I'm sure we're gonna see him again in the final season.  

I can say  without doubt that Voltron: Legendary Defender  is one of the best animated series next to Avatar, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it's all gonna go down in the final season which I think will come either October or November. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#79 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:39 AM

Just finished it. Such a good season. Even a the return of a robeast! But I totally think Lotor and/or Hagar must somehow be behind it. We can't have seen the last of them.

As for the shipping stuff...I'm bummed, tbh. Im such a KxA shipper from way way back. So it's hard not to be bummed. Like when the Allura/Lance interaction happened, I was like What??? It makes no sense to me. Lance likes every girl, and there's been nothing between A and L to make her like him more. No emotional development. No arc where they depend on each other. It came out of nowhere to me. Not like Allura and Lotor, who seemed tailor made for each other. 

As for Keith and Acxa, that's another pairing that seems to good to be true. They do seem tailor made for each other, yes. And she seems to be on their side. But, it could turn out that they're siblings. 

Could this really just be a set up to have a tidy last season, without shipping wars? I don't know. 

There has been absolutely zero to support keithxallura, so maybe they're not going that way at all. And maybe the big development between Acxza and Keith has been to establish that as his love interest, so they bypass having the characters consumed by shipping plots... 

Still... It seems too nice and easy. Like it might be a red herring...?

However, I have a knack for misidentifying red herrings, as can been seen in Exhibit A: NaruSaku.

Am I the only one who thinks AlluraxLance is kinda weird? I could more easily see KeithxLance.

Agreed I was so creep out when I saw that AxL scene I was like" WTF" are they trying to pull this ship from their asses? Because it doesn't make any sense to me. True Lance has like Allura since the first season but it has always been one sided because she has NEVER shown any signs of returning his feelings. And all of the sudden the producers do this??? I'm shocked tbh. I see PxL making more sense though. 

Also I hope Acxza isn't Keith's half sister or something like that. I really like them as a pair they also make a pretty good team ever since they first met (Keith not knowing her back then). Besides I'm sure the writers and producers aren't incompetent and greedy as Kishimoto to make a ship canon for the sake of the fandom. 

Edited by Gravenimage, 14 October 2018 - 01:41 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#80 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:44 AM

Agreed I was so creep out when I saw that AxL scene I was like" WTF" are they trying to pull this ship from their asses? Because it doesn't make any sense to me. True Lance has like Allura since the first season but it has always been one sided because she has NEVER shown any signs of returning his feelings. And all of the sudden the producers do this??? I'm shocked tbh. I see PxL making more sense though. 

Also I hope Acxza isn't Keith's half sister or something like that. I really like them as a pair they also make a pretty good team ever since they first met (Keith not knowing her back then). Besides I'm sure the writers and producers aren't incompetent and greedy as Kishimoto to make a ship canon for the sake of the fandom. 

Keith and Axca are confirmed not a thing by Bex.

I wanted Allura in the new trailer but got nothing...this happens alot to me...

Joui Four

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users