• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Well, I'm into sports, fitness, martial arts (I practice Tae Kwan Doe).<br /><br />I like comics, my faves are Nova, Iron Fist, Captain america and anything X-Men. <br /><br />Favorite Manga is Naruto (what else), Bleach and D Greyman.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

I just wanted to say that even though this is a dark day in the NaruSaku fandom, we will always have fanfiction, fan art and doujin's to help weather the storm. And that being said, even though my Chronicles series is on indefinite hiatus, my Seven Sins series is still ongoing. Narusaku forever!

#22 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Well, I'm into sports, fitness, martial arts (I practice Tae Kwan Doe).<br /><br />I like comics, my faves are Nova, Iron Fist, Captain america and anything X-Men. <br /><br />Favorite Manga is Naruto (what else), Bleach and D Greyman.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

Finally got a new chapter of Seven Sins coming. Will be released this Sunday!

#23 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:51 AM

New Chapter is out. :th_yeah:

Thank you to all who are reading my story. :w00t:

#24 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

New Chapter!!

So it's been a while since I posted. I had a lot of unexpected things happen over the holidays that brought my writing to a grinding halt. I'm starting to settle back in and hope to get chapters out again. Sorry for the delay to anyone who have been waiting for updates or believed my work abandoned.

#25 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

Good to see you and it is good one of  NS writer is still alive lol, keep it up with  you fanfics.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#26 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:17 AM

Good to see you and it is good one of  NS writer is still alive lol, keep it up with  you fanfics.

Thank you so much!

:nslove:

#27 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

RamenRenegade is DEAD!!

Long live RamenRenegade!!

Ok so its been a while since I've been on this site and TBH there was a point where I thought I would never return. So for me to be sitting here, typing these words, formulating these thoughts, are suprising to me. Yet here I am.

Years ago, when I first decided to begin writing, for me it was merely an exercise to help me improve my writing skills. I really had no end goal in mind outside of just getting better. It didnt take long, however, for this to become so much more.

From hearing from the fans my stories seemed to garner I felt motivated to continue and quickly this became almost theraputic to ignore all the pressures of daily life and just write and to then read/respond to reviews and use that as fuel and experience. It was an invigorating time for the creative side of me.

So what happened? What changed? I'd like to say it was life. I had just gotten married. The talk of children (I now have a daughter) began to be bounced about. And my career, though promising, was in flux. I simply couldn't give writing the attention needed with all of the change that had suddenly crashed upon me like a wave.

But honestly, that's all kitten. If I wanted to, I could've found the time. It's easy to find the time to do something you loved. But I couldn't. Wouldn't. But why? Because I no longer loved it. So the real question was why? What was it really?

It was Naruto. How it ended. And how Narusaku ended. Look I'm not going to get into how disappointed I was in Kishi and the myriad of issues I had with his decisions pretty much after the Pain arc, but I was disgusted. So much so, to the point I needed to step away from fanfiction writing and abandon my stories which was something I hated to do and swore I would never do because one day I woke up, opened my laptop and realized the motivation to write was no longer there.

Now, I'm sure some if not most of you might consider this laughably pathetic on my part. Trust me, whenever I think about this there isn't a moment that I don't consider it to be. How could a man, finished with college, with a career and fiancé be so affected by something so trivial? Sadly, I was. And so I chose to walk away and focus on other creative pursuits.

Which begs the question; Why am I back? Why now? Well, as they say, time heals all wounds. But truthfully, I don't know why. Just as I woke up one day and knew I was done. I woke up today and felt as though I wanted to return. And so here I am for whatever that's worth.

And though I have no motivation to read Naruto, Boruto or anything Kishi, I am, ready to get back to it. And my focus, my main focus will be Seven Sins and Blade of the Shinigami. Both are the stories I feel need to have closure. So I am officially back to writing those. As to when new chapters will be released I cannot say. I'm still in the process of dipping my toe. And as for Book IV of the Chronicles series. I think I might be done with it. Sorry. But I don't have the heart to continue. Maybe that might change in the future but for now...

Thank you for allowing me to bare just a bit of my soul and I look forward to entertaining you in any little way I can.

#28 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

Nice to see you once again, Ramen. 

It's like everyone is dead since the ending. I have to say a lot on the NS bandwagon went down hill and some or most in time pick themselves in the end either to move on and never look back or to this very day still ranting. I seen witness some people  that  who used be here return because there will something within themselves that is still such an attachment to to old Naruto franchise. Such attachments is what gave birth to such a wonderful community such as NS forums. Sadly, it seems like our backyard on OMF is no longer active.

As for returning back to ff, concrads. I feel like the Chronicles was completed as a trilogy. The 4th book kind of feels empty. I forgot which chapter I left off with Seven Sins. As for me, I've done writing fanfiction of any and I have my web novels to write and complete. And I pretty much drop reading fanfics anyways.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#29 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

Hi Ramen! Good to see you again! Congrats on life, marriage and a daughter! That's wonderful!

I think every NS fan understands where you're coming from. Not pathetic at all. It was incredibly disappointing. And I'm sure lots of people walked away from the series/fandom feeling completely used, if that makes any sense. Like they put in all this time and hope and energy into this story, and it ended so unsatisfactorily for every ship, and for the characters themselves. I mean, it's not like we're all on this site saying 'Yeah, I guess I could see NH happening. And Naruto wanted it too, so I'll go along with it.' Lol - that didn't happen!! So I'm sure there are lots more people who left the fandom the moment they read the last page, and in anger, just never came back. Not to any NS forums, not to finish stories or art, not to anything. They just dropped it. Remember that guy who burned all his Naruto manga? lol Ouch!!

Anyway, it was terribly disappointing. It still is. I just think of it as an unfinished story. Naruto's journey never came full circle, let alone the pairings just turning into a joke. So I think it's completely natural that writers have to wait till they have some distance from the series before they start back on their own stories again. And yeah, life definitely can overwhelm writing time. Especially with a job and a child!! I feel ya!

On the flip side, there are still people coming here, there are still people talking about Naruto, and there are still lots and lots of people reading the ffs. Even creating new ones! So that makes me feel better, that there are a lot of people still around that are like me, thinking of Naruto as an unfinished story. And now it's up to the other creations — ffs, fan comics, and art — to become the ending of the Naruto series for me.

It's so good to finish your stories. It's hard to move on to others when you still have them open. So I whole-heartedly support you finishing the ones you still feel strong about, and doing it for yourself. And you'll probably be surprised how many fans are still lurking around, rooting for you to finish too.

Hang in there! Glad to see you back!

#30 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

Hi Ramen! Good to see you again! Congrats on life, marriage and a daughter! That's wonderful!

I think every NS fan understands where you're coming from. Not pathetic at all. It was incredibly disappointing. And I'm sure lots of people walked away from the series/fandom feeling completely used, if that makes any sense. Like they put in all this time and hope and energy into this story, and it ended so unsatisfactorily for every ship, and for the characters themselves. I mean, it's not like we're all on this site saying 'Yeah, I guess I could see NH happening. And Naruto wanted it too, so I'll go along with it.' Lol - that didn't happen!! So I'm sure there are lots more people who left the fandom the moment they read the last page, and in anger, just never came back. Not to any NS forums, not to finish stories or art, not to anything. They just dropped it. Remember that guy who burned all his Naruto manga? lol Ouch!!

Anyway, it was terribly disappointing. It still is. I just think of it as an unfinished story. Naruto's journey never came full circle, let alone the pairings just turning into a joke. So I think it's completely natural that writers have to wait till they have some distance from the series before they start back on their own stories again. And yeah, life definitely can overwhelm writing time. Especially with a job and a child!! I feel ya!

On the flip side, there are still people coming here, there are still people talking about Naruto, and there are still lots and lots of people reading the ffs. Even creating new ones! So that makes me feel better, that there are a lot of people still around that are like me, thinking of Naruto as an unfinished story. And now it's up to the other creations ffs, fan comics, and art to become the ending of the Naruto series for me.

It's so good to finish your stories. It's hard to move on to others when you still have them open. So I whole-heartedly support you finishing the ones you still feel strong about, and doing it for yourself. And you'll probably be surprised how many fans are still lurking around, rooting for you to finish too.

Hang in there! Glad to see you back!

Thank you for your kind words.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users