137 replies to this topic

#21 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hm, I am pretty depressed, it looks like Naruto dosn't love Sakura anymore and a huge difference is between them now.
AAAAH dump!
Cmon Sakura, show this little dumbass Naruto that you are no longer the child in his mind anymore! >.<
"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#22 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

Personally, I found the Episode making Naruto look like the bad guy of the story, more then in the manga, the anime makes Sakura looks like the one with some enlightment on her head, and trying to put some sense in naruto's head about how reckless his actions are when it regards Sasuke, yeah, Sakura lied to some extent, but was all for a good cause

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#23 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (lupina @ Apr 7 2011, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm, I am pretty depressed, it looks like Naruto dosn't love Sakura anymore and a huge difference is between them now.
AAAAH dump!
Cmon Sakura, show this little dumbass Naruto that you are no longer the child in his mind anymore! >.<

chill out theirs nothing thats shows he dosn't love her anymore. this is the anime dry.gif . he just stuck in the past thinking sakura never have these feelings for him. everything is sudden.

Edited by Living Lavish, 07 April 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#24 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

chill out theirs nothing thats shows he dosn't love her anymore. this is the anime dry.gif . he just stuck in the past thinking sakura never have these feelings for him. everything is sudden.

of course! ._.
Guess the missing blush of Naruto makes me feel like this.
"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#25 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

There's much ado about the blush/no blush on Naruto, but I was surprised when they made Sakura look like she might tear up after he rejected her. That wasn't in the manga, just her looking with big, rather hurt eyes. But in the anime I got the impression that she might be to the point of tears. (Her face looked very "watery" in one scene. Does that make sense?) Anyway, I didn't get the impression of possible tears from the manga (hurt, yes, but no tears). Anyone else notice this?

#26 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 7 2011, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's much ado about the blush/no blush on Naruto, but I was surprised when they made Sakura look like she might tear up after he rejected her. That wasn't in the manga, just her looking with big, rather hurt eyes. But in the anime I got the impression that she might be to the point of tears. (Her face looked very "watery" in one scene. Does that make sense?) Anyway, I didn't get the impression of possible tears from the manga (hurt, yes, but no tears). Anyone else notice this?

I don't know, she didn't really looked like she was about to cry, more like, she was feeling "betrayed" for Naruto not trusting her words.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#27 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 7 2011, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To me I seriously think the anime captured the moment correctly, save for the blush Naruto lacked (his eyes definitely made up for it though). She WAS about to cry, because Naruto is so dense and just OUTRIGHT REJECTED her in front of everyone. She had many intentions in this confession and I think she didn't expect Naruto to be so cold towards her(whether she was about to cry or not, she had the pained expression of a girl who was just rejected, I feel so bad for her and Naruto, their love is so complicated, so much for them to get through before they can finally love eachother). Seeing the anime version of this gives me somewhat new perspectives.

Naruto is too dense to see that she's changing and that he actually has a shot at the "unattainable fangirl of the Uchiha".
Sakura wasn't able to see that Naruto WANTS to, with his own will, save Sasuke. She thinks it was MOSTLY out of Naruto's love for her that he would keep trying and trying, endangering himself in order to save Sasuke. However, she finally gets it that Naruto does it because HE wants to. His persistent attitude fails him to give up... But Sakura doesn't want Naruto to be endangered anymore. She said herself "Worry about yourself for once!" She sees that he's so selfess as to always put others first and forgets himself sometimes. I think Sakura is doing well in the aspect of opening Naruto's eyes to the fact that people want him in this world and it would kill others if he died. That's why he was so shocked to see Sakura worrying about Naruto and how he always chased after Sasuke. She wants Naruto to come back to Konoha with her where they can be safe together. But Naruto, being his stubborn self, refused to believe it, refused to give up on Sasuke. I really cannot say what Kishimoto has planned for team 7 anymore... in the love triangle aspect. It's just been way too confusing... Naruto loves Sakura and Sasuke... Sakura loves Naruto and Sasuke... Sasuke doesn't love anyone but after seeing how much they have cared for him he will eventually right...? Personally, and many others have said so too, that it's too late for Sasuke to have a shot at romantic love, he has too much redemption to make up for. Sigh, idk if Kishimoto is trying to use this chapter as a scene of Sakura's changing feelings and how Naruto is starting to learn and grow up, seeing the different feelings one can have over time. I just don't like that Sakura keeps lieing about how she doesn't about Sasuke anymore. That's so not true.

But yeah the task of getting Naruto safe is in her hand, so she's willing to lie... And her blush in those scenes really spell out that she is TRUELY in love with Naruto. I wish Kakashi finished what he was saying, that wouldve been GREAT insight. However, Naruto DOES know Sakura very well... I have no idea if he's RIGHT this time about her lieing to herself though... This confession can be altered and interpreted in so many darn ways >.< I'm seriously losing it haha. So exasperated.

Edit*
Perhaps, hopefully... Naruto saw how Sakura said "I don't care about Sasuke anymore... *fake smile*" Perhaps this is what brought on Naruto's suspicion. It's not that he believes Sakura is lieing to herself about her feelings, but about how she's lieing that she doesn't care for Sasuke anymore. Naruto just doesn't see why she's lieing about it, but we as the reader do. Sakura has that task of telling Naruto about the disposal of Sasuke and has decided to HIDE it, this brings on Naruto's doubts and suspicions of everything, that's why he ends up not fully believing her. But perhaps it was 100% true despite all the hidden things concerning Sasuke?

Edited by Yoshimoya, 07 April 2011 - 06:20 PM.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#28 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me I seriously think the anime captured the moment correctly, save for the blush Naruto lacked (his eyes definitely made up for it though). She WAS about to cry, because Naruto is so dense and just OUTRIGHT REJECTED her in front of everyone. She had many intentions in this confession and I think she didn't expect Naruto to be so cold towards her(whether she was about to cry or not, she had the pained expression of a girl who was just rejected, I feel so bad for her and Naruto, their love is so complicated, so much for them to get through before they can finally love eachother). Seeing the anime version of this gives me somewhat new perspectives.

Naruto is too dense to see that she's changing and that he actually has a shot at the "unattainable fangirl of the Uchiha".
Sakura wasn't able to see that Naruto WANTS to, with his own will, save Sasuke. She thinks it was MOSTLY out of Naruto's love for her that he would keep trying and trying, endangering himself in order to save Sasuke. However, she finally gets it that Naruto does it because HE wants to. His persistent attitude fails him to give up... But Sakura doesn't want Naruto to be endangered anymore. She said herself "Worry about yourself for once!" She sees that he's so selfess as to always put others first and forgets himself sometimes. I think Sakura is doing well in the aspect of opening Naruto's eyes to the fact that people want him in this world and it would kill others if he died. That's why he was so shocked to see Sakura worrying about Naruto and how he always chased after Sasuke. She wants Naruto to come back to Konoha with her where they can be safe together. But Naruto, being his stubborn self, refused to believe it, refused to give up on Sasuke. I really cannot say what Kishimoto has planned for team 7 anymore... in the love triangle aspect. It's just been way too confusing... Naruto loves Sakura and Sasuke... Sakura loves Naruto and Sasuke... Sasuke doesn't love anyone but after seeing how much they have cared for him he will eventually right...? Personally, and many others have said so too, that it's too late for Sasuke to have a shot at romantic love, he has too much redemption to make up for. Sigh, idk if Kishimoto is trying to use this chapter as a scene of Sakura's changing feelings and how Naruto is starting to learn and grow up, seeing the different feelings one can have over time. I just don't like that Sakura keeps lieing about how she doesn't about Sasuke anymore. That's so not true.

But yeah the task of getting Naruto safe is in her hand, so she's willing to lie... And her blush in those scenes really spell out that she is TRUELY in love with Naruto. I wish Kakashi finished what he was saying, that wouldve been GREAT insight. However, Naruto DOES know Sakura very well... I have no idea if he's RIGHT this time about her lieing to herself though... This confession can be altered and interpreted in so many darn ways >.< I'm seriously losing it haha. So exasperated.

Edit*
Perhaps, hopefully... Naruto saw how Sakura said "I don't care about Sasuke anymore... *fake smile*" Perhaps this is what brought on Naruto's suspicion. It's not that he believes Sakura is lieing to herself about her feelings, but about how she's lieing that she doesn't care for Sasuke anymore. Naruto just doesn't see why she's lieing about it, but we as the reader do. Sakura has that task of telling Naruto about the disposal of Sasuke and has decided to HIDE it, this brings on Naruto's doubts and suspicions of everything, that's why he ends up not fully believing her. But perhaps it was 100% true despite all the hidden things concerning Sasuke?

Great post
but one thing he didn't reject her. He just didn't believe her when she confessed to him and thinks shes hiding something. There's a difference. plus Naruto hasn't seen just how much Sakura cares about him before because he was either unconscious or to stuck in the past to realize it.

Edited by Living Lavish, 07 April 2011 - 06:40 PM.

#29 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Apr 7 2011, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great post but one thing he didn't reject her. He didn't believe her when she confessed to him. There's a difference. plus Naruto hasn't seen just how much Sakura cares about him before because he was either unconscious or to stuck in the past to realize it.

Haha, well Naruto definitely didn't accept her confession... at least not then and there, hopefully they surface this scene again sometime in the future and it gets resolved. Hmm.. that's true! Naruto has always been unconscious or stuck in the past to realize how much she cares for him. Thus, the initial shock he had when Sakura told him to come back to the village with her!

Another thing I saw, right after she tells Naruto she loves him, she brings up Sasuke -.- "I'm saying there's nothing between me and Sasuke anymore" -manga "I said Sasuke doesn't mean anything to me anymore" -anime. I think with Sakura bringing up Sasuke right after her love confession to Naruto was HER attempting to try and relieve Naruto of that PROMISE. Because she still believes it's all done for HER. Then Naruto misunderstands and thinks that hmm something happened PLUS it's not true at all that Sasuke doesn't mean anything to her anymore. That was Sakura's blunder right there for saying that, and Naruto catching that didn't ease the situation. Thus causing him to not believe in her feelings.

It's sad, it's really been the timing, situation, and miscommunication on these two's part.

QUOTE (kim @ Apr 7 2011, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know, I really got the impression that Sakura was more truthful and genuine than in the manga. Also, am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with Naruto not blushing? As someone said before, the eyes as well as his actions made up for it. He seemed more mad in the episode and I think that's a good thing because it shows that he's hurt because she confessed like that. He probably wanted to hear those words for a very long and now Sakura hurt his feelings because he thought she only said it to 'manipulate'(in a lack of a better word') him into giving up on Sasuke.
I agree with the statement that he knows her well, but he sees what he wants to see and refuses to believe her feelings have changed.

There's no problem with her looking more truthful in the anime, because in the end she was being COMPLETELY truthful about it. Manga, anime, Kishi said it all. It was the truth. The only question I have is, In whom does her romantic feelings lay more in? Her love for Naruto or Sasuke?

Edited by Yoshimoya, 07 April 2011 - 06:46 PM.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#30 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, well Naruto definitely didn't accept her confession... at least not then and there, hopefully they surface this scene again sometime in the future and it gets resolved. Hmm.. that's true! Naruto has always been unconscious or stuck in the past to realize how much she cares for him. Thus, the initial shock he had when Sakura told him to come back to the village with her!

Another thing I saw, right after she tells Naruto she loves him, she brings up Sasuke -.- "I'm saying there's nothing between me and Sasuke anymore" -manga "I said Sasuke doesn't mean anything to me anymore" -anime. I think with Sakura bringing up Sasuke right after her love confession to Naruto was HER attempting to try and relieve Naruto of that PROMISE. Because she still believes it's all done for HER. Then Naruto misunderstands and thinks that hmm something happened PLUS it's not true at all that Sasuke doesn't mean anything to her anymore. That was Sakura's blunder right there for saying that, and Naruto catching that didn't ease the situation. Thus causing him to not believe in her feelings.

It's sad, it's really been the timing, situation, and miscommunication on these two's part.

she does believe Naruto is pushing himself because of his promise but Sakura also knows hes doing for himself to save his brother (thats wy she couldn't bare tell him about the rookies decision and her own) that promise (getting him to give up) is hurting him but also Sasuke is hurting him too. so both of them are making him suffer. just like you said before her love and care for naruto is what made her go to such extremes.

poor Naruto and Sakura tho shamefulcry0js.gif i just can't wait tell the next moment.

edit: Yoshimoya its seems during the 2nd reunion her behavior shows her feelings are definitely stronger for Naruto.

Edited by Living Lavish, 07 April 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#31 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Apr 7 2011, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
poor Naruto and Sakura tho shamefulcry0js.gif i just can't wait tell the next moment.

edit: Yoshimoya its seems during the 2nd reunion her behavior shows her feelings are definitely stronger for Naruto.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.. It's probably cause I was just focused on this episode only xP. Seriously, there's not much we can discuss now, Kishi hasn't given us any content to discuss recently...

#32 forfayfen

forfayfen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

In the end, we all know the anime follows the manga. Sure, it looks like Naruto can give a hell for Sakura romantically, but behind that stubborn mind of nine tails chakra and ichiraku ramen is a heart aching for Sakura's heart.
naruto-sakura-shippuuden-psp-wal-1.jpg

#33 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (forfayfen @ Apr 7 2011, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the end, we all know the anime follows the manga. Sure, it looks like Naruto can give a hell for Sakura romantically, but behind that stubborn mind of nine tails chakra and ichiraku ramen is a heart aching for Sakura's heart.

Dang... I almost forgot haha... Thanks dude that really boosted my confidence on all this! I almost forgot about Naruto's love for Sakura xD.

#34 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (forfayfen @ Apr 7 2011, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well he is in truly in love with her all his life.

Edited by Living Lavish, 07 April 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#35 forfayfen

forfayfen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

I hate to burst one's bubble, especially my own, but I remember some opinions I made when I read the manga for this episode way back when. My inner intuition said that Sakura's "confession" was fake. Yes, Sakura does legitimately love Naruto but she confessed to him under the wrong pretenses. She forced herself to pour her heart out to Naruto because of Sasuke and the pain that weighed on Naruto. I believe she wanted to confess to him but in a totally different environment -- away from the ninja drama. Plus, remember what she said about Sasuke? She can not love a man who is a criminal and keeps breaking her heart? Yeah, there is the key. The story would have went in a total 180 degrees if Sasuke never went dark-side. So if Sasuke never went dark-side, Sakura would of had a harder time realizing Naruto in a romantic light. Yes, people do change since childhood and feelings change but I can not help but wonder.
naruto-sakura-shippuuden-psp-wal-1.jpg

#36 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

Opening was pretty much what i thought it would be a team 7 triangle type of thing with Sakura caught in the middle and forced to choose between them. In its own way prefacing whats coming soon.

The rest of the episode was solid and well done. Sakuras confession and emotions were believeable and right on the line with the manga, no extraneous nonsense and only appropriate filler animation to relaly drive home the point.

And at last we come to it. Sakuras confession and subsequent adamant stance that she and only she knows what she feels and that she doesnt love Sasuke =she does Love Naruto, is the first crack in narutos stubborn self image.

Gaaras upcoming speech will be the final hammer to that image.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#37 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hmmm....

I've never thought of her confession as fake, only that she was under duress. She didn't tromp all the way out there with three others in tow, just to say she loved him. She came to persuade him to stop. And ultimately, that love is why she stopped him, and why she was desperate enough to do what she did:

- march to the land of snow
- make a confession in front of everyone that knows her
- shield Naruto from the awful truth of the decision in Konoha
- get the others to help her find Sasuke, then poison them (something that would have had to be made ahead of time, too.), so she alone would bear the burden
- then offer to go with Sasuke
- and when that didn't work, try to kill him outright

It's not "Hey, I love you!" It's "Hey, I'm going to kill the person you've made it your life's goal to save. Because I love you more than him."

To me, it's pretty brave. There are so many ways the whole Sasuke scenario could have gone wrong. Him killing her is just the tip of the iceberg.

Anyway, her feelings about Sasuke are never once mentioned. Only that she's over him. She loves Naruto. She's said it, in front of everyone. You can argue the depths of it, but she's made her choice, and at a time when she believes she will lose his love forever.

***I know, this has been gone over so many times. I'm surprised I still have opinions about it! laugh.gif

Back to the episode, another thing that puzzled me from the manga was Sakura saying "and...." then they cut away. It's hasn't been touched on again (or yet). I don't think it's about her plan, because she never mentioned that to anyone. Anyone have any thoughts, or am I missing something obvious..... sweat.gif heh heh... it happens!

#38 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 7 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm....

I've never thought of her confession as fake, only that she was under duress. She didn't tromp all the way out there with three others in tow, just to say she loved him. She came to persuade him to stop. And ultimately, that love is why she stopped him, and why she was desperate enough to do what she did:

- march to the land of snow
- make a confession in front of everyone that knows her
- shield Naruto from the awful truth of the decision in Konoha
- get the others to help her find Sasuke, then poison them (something that would have had to be made ahead of time, too.), so she alone would bear the burden
- then offer to go with Sasuke
- and when that didn't work, try to kill him outright

It's not "Hey, I love you!" It's "Hey, I'm going to kill the person you've made it your life's goal to save. Because I love you more than him."

To me, it's pretty brave. There are so many ways the whole Sasuke scenario could have gone wrong. Him killing her is just the tip of the iceberg.

Anyway, her feelings about Sasuke are never once mentioned. Only that she's over him. She loves Naruto. She's said it, in front of everyone. You can argue the depths of it, but she's made her choice, and at a time when she believes she will lose his love forever.

***I know, this has been gone over so many times. I'm surprised I still have opinions about it! laugh.gif

Back to the episode, another thing that puzzled me from the manga was Sakura saying "and...." then they cut away. It's hasn't been touched on again (or yet). I don't think it's about her plan, because she never mentioned that to anyone. Anyone have any thoughts, or am I missing something obvious..... sweat.gif heh heh... it happens!

Nice post, and it's fine! Discussing more and more about this confession (since it's so huge) has really helped me learn more. I mean when I first read that chapter like a year ago? Or idk I forgot how long ago, but a long time ago, and I initially thought it was a lie yennow. But now I'm finding more and more depth, truth, and facts to all of this.

#39 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edit*

Yes, and Sakura being hopelessly in love with Sasuke is in the past. Sai even tells you that in 474. It's just not like a light switch, she can't just will any bond she feels to Sasuke to be gone instantly though. Actually it's Kakashi that ends up being most trapped by his emotional bond to his favorite student. Sakura has made the strongest attempt at breaking the bond- which parallels the Hiruzen and the Sanin.

Tsunade makes the break first-once he gets emotionally twisted she stops having any trust in him. Tsunade claims she never liked or trusted Orochimaru, but she, like Sakura is mentally telling herself something that isn't entirely true- Tsunade wouldn't have mourned him and smiled when she was speaking with Jiraiya about when the three of them were kids if she had. Now Sasuke looks to have cut any emotional bonds to any of Team 7 but Naruto who loves but hates-which is further than even Orochimaru went. Hiruzen was able to sense a the reminant of Orochimaru's bond to him, and Orochimaru never lost his bond to Tsunade- it got twisted but it was still there. Strong enough that, despite his threat, he left Konoha alone after Tsunade became Hokage, and even got to the point where in his mind Konoha was sort of allied to him, plus he stopped Sasuke from killing Naruto and Sakura- and Sasuke skoffed at his excuse, he knew it was because Orochimaru was doing it because Naruto and Sakura had strong bonds to Tsunade. In his own sick way you almost say Orochimaru loved and respected Tsunade. Tsunade showed how the team mate bond still influenced her too- Orochimaru killed Hiruzen, she would be well within rights to have made killing Orochimaru a priority, it wasn't even on her list. As long as he wasn't causing problems for Konoha she left him alone, and even the squad she sent in part 2 wasn't meant as a killing squad, but one to retrieve Sasuke.

Now Tsunade was never in love with Orochimaru, and she had years to distance herself from Team mate bonds, but they were still there, it's why she held back on declaring Sasuke a rogue ninja and issuing a death warrent. She, like Jiraiya,
was seeing Orochimaru in Sasuke.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#40 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 7 2011, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, and Sakura being hopelessly in love with Sasuke is in the past. Sai even tells you that in 474. It's just not like a light switch, she can't just will any bond she feels to Sasuke to be gone instantly though. Actually it's Kakashi that ends up being most trapped by his emotional bond to his favorite student. Sakura has made the strongest attempt at breaking the bond- which parallels the Hiruzen and the Sanin.

Tsunade makes the break first-once he gets emotionally twisted she stops having any trust in him. Tsunade claims she never liked or trusted Orochimaru, but she, like Sakura is mentally telling herself something that isn't entirely true- Tsunade wouldn't have mourned him and smiled when she was speaking with Jiraiya about when the three of them were kids if she had. Now Sasuke looks to have cut any emotional bonds to any of Team 7 but Naruto who loves but hates-which is further than even Orochimaru went. Hiruzen was able to sense a the reminant of Orochimaru's bond to him, and Orochimaru never lost his bond to Tsunade- it got twisted but it was still there. Strong enough that, despite his threat, he left Konoha alone after Tsunade became Hokage, and even got to the point where in his mind Konoha was sort of allied to him, plus he stopped Sasuke from killing Naruto and Sakura- and Sasuke skoffed at his excuse, he knew it was because Orochimaru was doing it because Naruto and Sakura had strong bonds to Tsunade. In his own sick way you almost say Orochimaru loved and respected Tsunade. Tsunade showed how the team mate bond still influenced her too- Orochimaru killed Hiruzen, she would be well within rights to have made killing Orochimaru a priority, it wasn't even on her list. As long as he wasn't causing problems for Konoha she left him alone, and even the squad she sent in part 2 wasn't meant as a killing squad, but one to retrieve Sasuke.

Now Tsunade was never in love with Orochimaru, and she had years to distance herself from Team mate bonds, but they were still there, it's why she held back on declaring Sasuke a rogue ninja and issuing a death warrent. She, like Jiraiya,
was seeing Orochimaru in Sasuke.

I agree, but what do you think that the flashbacks Sakura had before trying to kill Sasuke were all about? Why did Kishimoto put those flashbacks in there? What held Sakura back from killing Sasuke? The romantic bond? Or the teammate bond? Because the flashback was of her always trying to get Sasuke to love and notice her...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users