10121 replies to this topic

#21 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

I've only read the synopsis, but it kinda reminds me of Bleach?

Nope. You might think first so b/c you have a main character who involuntarily gets pulled to the other side, but that is pretty much is. Tokyo Ghoul is a lot darker and more complex. Our main antagonist suffers more in a shorter amount of time that Ichigo ever did.

Tbh, I think you have to give it a try to see the greatness of Tokyo Ghoul :sweat:  But the first chapter should be enough to let you know the overall atmosphere of this manga.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#22 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

Those spoilers! No Touka-chan though :/

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#23 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

Those spoilers! No Touka-chan though :/

I know, I was a little bit disappointed about that :(

:re

Edited by trang95, 22 December 2014 - 08:18 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#24 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:22 PM

I know, I was a little bit disappointed about that :(

:re

re

Btw, did it ever say what RE meant? I know it's the name of the shop, but what does it stand for?

Edited by AHK, 22 December 2014 - 11:24 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#25 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:27 AM

Ah! I totally forgot that we had a follow option! Thanks! I really hope that more people join this thread U_U Thankfully this is a weekly manga, I don't think I would have been able to bear the wait for a monthly manga XD oh god, not the link or the spoilers, im never gonna be able to resist now :lmao:

theories

Touka is beautiful for sure. Although, I kinda liked her more with black hair, I thought it gave her this mystique that I really found cool. I don't mind either way though. I hope something happens between her and Sasaki as well, I thought the scene where he cried from drinking her coffee was really sweet.  

RE

Omg, I'm finally done and caught up with both Tokyo Ghoul and :RE! I never thought it would take so long to read 50 chapters...

Despite having spoilered myself a lot already, there were a lot of things I did not know yet and was surprised to find out.

Tokyo Ghoul

RE

Btw, there's no chapter next week T_T

EDIT:

Mistranslations in Ch.10 of :RE?

Edited by trang95, 23 December 2014 - 07:41 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#26 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:40 AM

re

Btw, did it ever say what RE meant? I know it's the name of the shop, but what does it stand for?

:RE

Btw, here are some interesting videos ^_^

1. Trailer to Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 that will come out January:

http://www.animenews...ot-aired/.82325

Translation:

Ken: I'll find the one-eyed king...
Ken: I'll kill him... I don't want my precious people to be taken from me...! That's why I have to become strong...!
Text: A different Tokyo Ghoul made by original creator Sui Ishida and director Shuhei Morita.

Also, some promotional videos for :RE (nothing special, but I thought I could share this)

2. Trailer to :RE (spoiler for those who haven't finished Tokyo Ghoul yet)

3. Trailer to :RE volume 1 (spoiler for those who haven't finished Tokyo Ghoul yet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeIeqH30sE0

One more thing, I'd like to show you. I found these on tumblr:

short :RE omakes

Edited by trang95, 23 December 2014 - 07:20 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#27 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

Omg, I'm finally done and caught up with both Tokyo Ghoul and :RE! I never thought it would take so long to read 50 chapters...
Despite having spoilered myself a lot already, there were a lot of things I did not know yet and was surprised to find out.

Tokyo Ghoul

RE

Btw, there's no chapter next week T_T

EDIT:
Mistranslations in Ch.10 of :RE?

Yeah, it took me a while too, but it was totally worth it lol 
Tokyo Ghoul

RE

mistranslation

Btw, here are some interesting videos ^_^
1. Trailer to Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 that will come out January:

http://www.animenews...ot-aired/.82325

Also, some promotional videos for :RE (nothing special, but I thought I could share this)
2. Trailer to :RE (spoiler for those who haven't finished Tokyo Ghoul yet)

3. Trailer to :RE volume 1 (spoiler for those who haven't finished Tokyo Ghoul yet)
https://www.youtube....h?v=SeIeqH30sE0

One more thing, I'd like to show you. I found these on tumblr:
short :RE omakes

re

Ooh! Those trailers look good! I need to watch the anime and catch up! Are those Omake's based off of the manga, or are those things that are going to be touched upon in the second season. Actually, I guess it's the manga, I'm not even sure where the second season will go. I doubt it would even follow the manga up to RE. 

I wish there would be a chapter next week :'( I'm still waiting on this week's chapter though! >:{

Edit: Also, we were talking about seeing characters return, well I mentioned that I'm rereading RE because I blazed through it the first time due to anxiety, well I noticed that I chapter 3 Tsukiyama returned!!!!! :D did you notice? And Hinami too, in chapter 4! Christ I missed a lot!!

Edited by AHK, 23 December 2014 - 07:37 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#28 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

Yeah, it took me a while too, but it was totally worth it lol 

Tokyo Ghoul

RE

mistranslation
re

Ooh! Those trailers look good! I need to watch the anime and catch up! Are those Omake's based off of the manga, or are those things that are going to be touched upon in the second season. Actually, I guess it's the manga, I'm not even sure where the second season will go. I doubt it would even follow the manga up to RE. 

I wish there would be a chapter next week :'( I'm still waiting on this week's chapter though! >:{

Edit: Also, we were talking about seeing characters return, well I mentioned that I'm rereading RE because I blazed through it the first time due to anxiety, well I noticed that I chapter 3 Tsukiyama returned!!!!! :D did you notice?

Tokyo Ghoul

RE

Season 2 will be 12 episodes only T_T It will most likely not cover anything from :RE. I read somewhere that it might cover the six month timeskip after Ch.79. Might be true, who knows. I honestly hope that someday another studio will pick up Tokyo Ghoul and do a thorough and spot on adaptation of this manga like they did with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, HunterxHunter 2011, and Fate/Stay Night- UBW.

As for the omakes: The first omake is actually rather an epilogue to the last volume of Tokyo Ghoul. So Sasaki is already introduced in Tokyo Ghoul! Ishida also is spoilering us with that olive branch :th_yeah:

As for the other omake- it is found inside the first volume of :RE that got released a few days ago. I laughed hard at Saiko's part:" So she's an Otaku." :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This tumblt user is a very good translator for the :RE chapters. He has translated more omakes that came out with Volume 1 of :RE : http://tgre-news.tumblr.com/

EDIT: Rushing through :RE was understandable ;)

Reappearing Characters

Edited by trang95, 24 December 2014 - 01:26 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#29 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

I'm sure most of you are wondering about my slight disappearance and the reason is because I've been reading Tokyo Ghoul, and I've officially finished the manga, and caught up with the recent chapter with RE. I guess in a way you can say I did what Ria did when she read the entire series of Naruto in a month. Although this one was pretty easy considering that it was only 143 chapters and only 10 chapters of Tokyo Ghoul: re. So I think it took me a span of 3-4 days to read and catch up with Tokyo Ghoul which again sounds pretty crazy, but hey when you get into a series like this it's hard to stop reading. Plus I don't have to deal with college for a couple weeks so I needed something to do  :happy:  Now I'll watch the anime and see the stuff people complain about, and who knows I might do an anime and manga comparisons video for Tokyo Ghoul later this week.  

Now as far as RE goes I've got a lot of questions going through my mind based on how Tokyo Ghoul ended.  

RE theories

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#30 applesauceful

applesauceful

I've Heard It Both Ways

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting, Novel Writing

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

I'll be joining this thread from now on :) So nice to see fellow TG fans.

Not Sure If It's Only Me But...

giphy.gif

#31 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:18 AM

Omg, I HATE it when I accidentally delete everything T_T

Wow, I didn't think you would catch up this quickly. Oh well, it's Christmas break, there's not a lot to do. I already suspected what you were doing the last couple of days ;) As for the anime, I'm catching up on it right now. Quite frankly, as soon as college started, I stopped watching the anime every week. I stopped at episode 9, which stopped before the Aogiri Arc. Oh oh, Kaneki's torture scenes are already haunting me with his screams... Little headsup: There's a lot of censoring going on in the anime.

RE

I'm glad I heard of this manga and picked it up, I really am. After Naruto's sh*tty ending, I needed something else to get into, and I think next to Boku no Hero Academia, I found this one.

Edited by trang95, 24 December 2014 - 02:21 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#32 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

Yay, another Tokyo Ghoul fan :D

RE

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#33 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:32 AM

Tokyo Ghoul

RE

Season 2 will be 12 episodes only T_T It will most likely not cover anything from :RE. I read somewhere that it might cover the six month timeskip after Ch.79. Might be true, who knows. I honestly hope that someday another studio will pick up Tokyo Ghoul and do a thorough and spot on adaptation of this manga like they did with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, HunterxHunter 2011, and Fate/Stay Night- UBW.

As for the omakes: The first omake is actually rather an epilogue to the last volume of Tokyo Ghoul. So Sasaki is already introduced in Tokyo Ghoul! Ishida also is spoilering us with that olive branch :th_yeah:

As for the other omake- it is found inside the first volume of :RE that got released a few days ago. I laughed hard at Saiko's part:" So she's an Otaku." :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This tumblt user is a very good translator for the :RE chapters. He has translated more omakes that came out with Volume 1 of :RE : http://tgre-news.tumblr.com/

EDIT: Rushing through :RE was understandable ;)

Reappearing Characters
TG

RE

Reappearing characters

I'm sure most of you are wondering about my slight disappearance and the reason is because I've been reading Tokyo Ghoul, and I've officially finished the manga, and caught up with the recent chapter with RE. I guess in a way you can say I did what Ria did when she read the entire series of Naruto in a month. Although this one was pretty easy considering that it was only 143 chapters and only 10 chapters of Tokyo Ghoul: re. So I think it took me a span of 3-4 days to read and catch up with Tokyo Ghoul which again sounds pretty crazy, but hey when you get into a series like this it's hard to stop reading. Plus I don't have to deal with college for a couple weeks so I needed something to do   :happy:  Now I'll watch the anime and see the stuff people complain about, and who knows I might do an anime and manga comparisons video for Tokyo Ghoul later this week.  

Now as far as RE goes I've got a lot of questions going through my mind based on how Tokyo Ghoul ended.  

RE theories

I tanked Tokyo Ghoul in two days lol I have no life I'm on break from school lol 

RE

Welcome!!!

spoiler

Edited by AHK, 24 December 2014 - 02:42 AM.

EXL5X4B.png

#34 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:00 AM

Omg, I HATE it when I accidentally delete everything T_T

Wow, I didn't think you would catch up this quickly. Oh well, it's Christmas break, there's not a lot to do. I already suspected what you were doing the last couple of days ;) As for the anime, I'm catching up on it right now. Quite frankly, as soon as college started, I stopped watching the anime every week. I stopped at episode 9, which stopped before the Aogiri Arc. Oh oh, Kaneki's torture scenes are already haunting me with his screams... Little headsup: There's a lot of censoring going on in the anime.

RE

I'm glad I heard of this manga and picked it up, I really am. After Naruto's sh*tty ending, I needed something else to get into, and I think next to Boku no Hero Academia, I found this one.

About suspecting me finishing the manga:  Trang you're such a stalker lol  :lol: 

When it comes to the anime alright that makes sense I'm about to check out episode 1 in a few minutes. 

RE:

#35 applesauceful

applesauceful

I've Heard It Both Ways

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:38 AM

TG

RE

Reappearing characters

I tanked Tokyo Ghoul in two days lol I have no life I'm on break from school lol 

RE

Welcome!!!

spoiler

Yeah, problem is though my faith in mangakas was pretty shaky before the Naruto ending, after that I don't trust any mangaka.

Furthermore...

giphy.gif

#36 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:49 AM

TG

RE

Reappearing characters

Tokyo Ghoul

reappearance

About suspecting me finishing the manga:  Trang you're such a stalker lol  :lol: 

When it comes to the anime alright that makes sense I'm about to check out episode 1 in a few minutes. 

RE:

What? Me, Stalker? Of course, I am :D No, honestly, I just kind of noticed how you became more hyped with each post you posted about Tokyo Ghoul- when you got to Ch. 71, I knew:"Yup, he has the Tokyo Ghoul fever."

I just finished the anime... I'm gonna keep my thoughts to myself for now b/c I don't want to influence your overall impression of the anime. Honestly, why 12 episodes, only?!

Tokyo Ghoul

Edited by trang95, 24 December 2014 - 04:52 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#37 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:21 AM

The new chapter should be out soon, guys^_^ Here's the progress work of Imperial Scans (Tokyo Ghoul is at the very top).

https://docs.google....3MyBrVw/pubhtml

Edited by trang95, 24 December 2014 - 05:21 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#38 applesauceful

applesauceful

I've Heard It Both Ways

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:33 AM

The new chapter should be out soon, guys^_^ Here's the progress work of Imperial Scans (Tokyo Ghoul is at the very top).

Looking forward to it :)

giphy.gif

#39 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

What? Me, Stalker? Of course, I am :D No, honestly, I just kind of noticed how you became more hyped with each post you posted about Tokyo Ghoul- when you got to Ch. 71, I knew:"Yup, he has the Tokyo Ghoul fever."

I just finished the anime... I'm gonna keep my thoughts to myself for now b/c I don't want to influence your overall impression of the anime. Honestly, why 12 episodes, only?!

Tokyo Ghoul

Tokyo Ghoul fever lol I guess that's one way you could put the state I was/am in  :sweat:

As far as the anime goes from your slight interpretation it's all good. I'm not really the type of guy to accept something right off the bat, I  Usually just go in with an open mind. At the moment I stopped the anime for tonight at episode 4 since I need to catch up with the final 5 episodes of SAO II due a little catch up reviews I'm gonna do on my channel since I kinda got caught up with life and college of course.

RE

Sweet, looking forward to finding out what's going to happen ^_^

#40 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:33 AM

Tokyo Ghoul

reappearance

TG

Yeah, problem is though my faith in mangakas was pretty shaky before the Naruto ending, after that I don't trust any mangaka.

Furthermore...

The only mangaka's I trust are Oda, Ishida, and Mashima. Once I heard that he got pissed at SP for kittening up his anime and he personally took over, I trusted Ishida. It shows he actually cares. I know what you mean, but I doubt many other people are gonna pull a kishi, 

EXL5X4B.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users