145 replies to this topic

#141 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:57 AM

Finally got around to watching it since I've been busy for the past few days. I won't say much, but as an Asuka and Asuka/Shinji fan I was pretty dissapointed on that front (seems like they're going the Rei/Shinji route). Otherwise it was pretty good.

Really like the changes they made to the characters personalities.

Edited by Unknown Entity, 03 June 2010 - 04:59 AM.

Pretty bored.

#142 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

I actually like the second movie. Asuka is a far cry from the b*tch that she was in the original film to actually just arrogant but... well... cool. Beast 02 and Mari is just plain incredible. but Rei tops them all imo, never in my whole life (and I assure you, its pretty reliable since I watched the original season I-lot-count-how-many-times-but-pretty-sure-its-at-least-two-digit-number times) did I ever think that Rei can be that determined, and better yet? its for Shinji 8D

And who can forget Unit 01's godly power, I mean... I know berserker mode in the original series kick ass but this takes the cake, if I don't know any better, I'd say Unit 01 is copying the previous angels ability... and magnifying it ten-fold. Anyone who says that Gundam can kick Eva's ass to kingdom come will never think the same again.

Edited by BlackLightning, 10 June 2010 - 02:30 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#143 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:47 AM

The interesting thing about the characters in the rebuild series is that they are less... crazy. I mean when you see the characters from the original series they had a number of psychological and personality disorders. In the rebuild series they're just... moody, depending on who you are looking at and at what point in the movies. For those of you who think that the movie was possibly a Rei/Shinji thing. You have to look at it this way. 2.22 was a movie that covered generally episodes 7-19, thats 12 episodes, 6 more then the previous movie. So the advancement of the relationships between characters might have seemed a bit fast. But its Rei and Shinji that needed to get to that point at the end of the movie so that when Shinji eventually learns the truth about Rei, the relationship should be at the same level as it was in the anime.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#144 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

Probably because Hideaki Anno's not undergoing through severe psychological hardships this time around?

#145 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:46 AM

Ok, where can the new movies be watched? I don't understand torrents and YouTube has failed. I've seen some of the original stuff and was happy to hear there is a new re-imagining of the series with more explanation. That said, I don't want to find out they suck, so anywhere free and preferably nontorrent is cool. Also

Asuka is hot... 'Nuff said!

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#146 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

I would not recommend a streaming site for this movie. If anything you need to get yourself a hold of a DVD version. In all honesty one of the reasons why I loved this movie was because of the supreme quality of it that put it at the top of a line in terms of animation. If you don't understand torrents you can message me and I will be happy to help a fellow Eva fan.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users