• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#21 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:44 AM

Well, the way I see it, both him learning to control Kyuubi AND getting captured is crucial to the development for Naruto's character.

First off, if Naruto is captured, there's not a doubt in my mind that his closest friends will go to find him. Sakura no doubt will go to find him, seeing as she's come to understand Naruto's position as a Jinchuuriki and has seen the effects of removing a bijuu first hand: the character dies. I'm pretty sure she'd do everything in her power to prevent one of her dearest friends from dying. If Naruto found out that people were indeed trying to save him, despite the serious risks, he'd probably come to realize just how much he means to others. He's lived a good portion of his life alone, so with his friends trying to save him, perhaps he'll learn that it's okay to rely on others to help with his troubles every now and then. From what I've seen in Naruto, he's often trying to do things on his own, or protect others even if it costs him his safety. No matter what, he'll definitely experience some development in his character with these recent events.

Also, yes, if Naruto learned how to control the Kyuubi, that'd be awesome. Still, even with the Kyuubi's power controlled, I fear that Naruto will be captured. Pain (or Nagato, however you prefer) has a plan in mind it seems. He's far enough away where he'd be able to probably successfully capture Naruto before the others arrive to help Naruto.

In the end, I believe that Naruto will be experiencing the same experience the other Jinchuuriki did; capture. What I believe the difference with him is that he will be saved, or manage to be freed before the Kyuubi can be extracted. Naruto HAS learned how to control the Kyuubi better, but with that necklace shattered, it will make things more difficult. I think it takes time to learn how to control such a powerful demon like the Kyuubi. Killer Bee himself was able to control the second most powerful bijuu (that or the Hachibi was a relatively calm demon). Perhaps it's the bijuu's nature that determines how well the Jinchuuriki and bijuu work together. If the Kyuubi wishes to live, that's fine, but it doesn't mean he will help without some consequences (such as harming Sakura or destroying Konoha even further).

Well, either way, the chapters have gotten even better now with the recent events in my opinion. I'm looking forward to what happens next.

All that aside:

Anko!!! She made a cameo!!! Yaaaaahooooo!!!! Hahaha! love.gif

Anyway, that's all from me.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#22 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Mar 6 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But that's been the problem with Part 2 since the beginning everyone else was developing while Naruto was an afterthought for a while. Is it THAT much of a stretch for Naruto to be able to control the Kyuubi once he sees what he's done a/o one of his friends (specifically Sakura) snaps him out of it? Cliché? Sure but I'd rather have that happen than have Naruto be captured and have ANOTHER rescue arc. The first arc of Part 2 was enough.

I know your frustrated Ed, but I'm just saying with what's happened in this chapter, with Naruto breaking the necklace there is no way to subdue him. He's being lead out away from the others into a setup by Pain which I can only see as a trap to capture him since he doesn't want to kill him. There is no one else potent enough within the vicinity to control the unleashed power of the six tails currently. We have had no prior hints to Naruto controlling the Kyuubis power, only him training in sage mode so I doubt he can self revert himself back into a normal state.

#23 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:59 AM

with Naruto breaking the necklace there is no way to subdue him. He's being lead out away from the others into a setup by Pain which I can only see as a trap to capture him since he doesn't want to kill him. There is no one else potent enough within the vicinity to control the unleashed power of the six tails currently. We have had no prior hints to Naruto controlling the Kyuubis power, only him training in sage mode so I doubt he can self revert himself back into a normal state.

I suppose that it is probably going to happen, but right now I just don't really want to go through another rescue arc. However if I had to look for a silver lining it may be that if an arc like that does happen, Sakura may develop a lot.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#24 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (L.I.D. @ Mar 6 2009, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suppose that it is probably going to happen, but right now I just don't really want to go through another rescue arc. However if I had to look for a silver lining it may be that if an arc like that does happen, Sakura may develop a lot.

True and develop NaruSaku BUT lets be realistic here (and this is my biggest knock against a potential Naruto rescue arc), who in Konoha besides Naruto can stand up to Pein? They could send 10-20 ninjas to the Akatsuki hideout and Pein would wipe them all out without batting an eye and finish sealing Kyuubi and boom Naruto's dead. And don't forget Madara who is (allegedly) stronger than Pein would also be part of the sealing.

uc.png

#25 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

who in Konoha besides Naruto can stand up to Pein? They could send 10-20 ninjas to the Akatsuki hideout and Pein would wipe them all out without batting an eye and finish sealing Kyuubi and boom Naruto's dead. And don't forget Madara who is (allegedly) stronger than Pein would also be part of the sealing.

Well they could be like real ninjas and sneak in and get him out without being seen. laugh.gif

But you have a point, right now they are really without anyone who can take them on, unless they get help from another village perhaps.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#26 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:10 AM

Interesting chapter, in more ways than one.

Sai, Yamato, and Anko aren't around because they're hunting Kabutomaru. Which is a pretty solid team for that job, plus it gives us something to look forward to besides the Main Characters.

Fox-Naruto crushing the Necklace is important in more than the way it seems. Yes, without it, the Fox chakra can't be suppressed. But more importantly from a writing perspective, Naruto just lost a valuable gift given to him by Tsunade.

A gift that killed it's last two owners.

And Fox-Naruto just turned it into cereal dust.

This is a huge plot point, and can be taken in so many ways. If it was me, I would be using it to signal Naruto's imminent demise. But it's not me, and I have no idea what Kishimoto is going to do.

But honestly, I think the best thing that could happen is for Naruto to have the Fox removed, and be revived somehow. Yes, it would make it a cheap death. But I think it would help in the long run. If it's removed, then there goes the angle of Naruto needing the Fox to be a good fighter. Having to stand on his own would make a very good segment, I believe.

I like seeing how Sakura reacted to the news. Not terror or anything, but rather concern, and stoic resolve. Whatever happens next, Sakura is going to be a large part of it. And I'm so glad for that.

Now, Hinata... I'm not sure what's going to happen with her. It could be another Chouji/Neji thing, or it could be an Asuma situation. Is she going to pull through and grow stronger, or is her role done, thereby making way for other people? It's an interesting branching point for ideas, that's for sure.

#27 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:11 AM

Well, the way I see it, both him learning to control Kyuubi AND getting captured is crucial to the development for Naruto's character.

First off, if Naruto is captured, there's not a doubt in my mind that his closest friends will go to find him. Sakura no doubt will go to find him, seeing as she's come to understand Naruto's position as a Jinchuuriki and has seen the effects of removing a bijuu first hand: the character dies. I'm pretty sure she'd do everything in her power to prevent one of her dearest friends from dying. If Naruto found out that people were indeed trying to save him, despite the serious risks, he'd probably come to realize just how much he means to others. He's lived a good portion of his life alone, so with his friends trying to save him, perhaps he'll learn that it's okay to rely on others to help with his troubles every now and then. From what I've seen in Naruto, he's often trying to do things on his own, or protect others even if it costs him his safety. No matter what, he'll definitely experience some development in his character with these recent events.

Also, yes, if Naruto learned how to control the Kyuubi, that'd be awesome. Still, even with the Kyuubi's power controlled, I fear that Naruto will be captured. Pain (or Nagato, however you prefer) has a plan in mind it seems. He's far enough away where he'd be able to probably successfully capture Naruto before the others arrive to help Naruto.

In the end, I believe that Naruto will be experiencing the same experience the other Jinchuuriki did; capture. What I believe the difference with him is that he will be saved, or manage to be freed before the Kyuubi can be extracted. Naruto HAS learned how to control the Kyuubi better, but with that necklace shattered, it will make things more difficult. I think it takes time to learn how to control such a powerful demon like the Kyuubi. Killer Bee himself was able to control the second most powerful bijuu (that or the Hachibi was a relatively calm demon). Perhaps it's the bijuu's nature that determines how well the Jinchuuriki and bijuu work together. If the Kyuubi wishes to live, that's fine, but it doesn't mean he will help without some consequences (such as harming Sakura or destroying Konoha even further).

Well, either way, the chapters have gotten even better now with the recent events in my opinion. I'm looking forward to what happens next.

I agree with Denim, I think both scenarios are crucial for his development. the only person who might be able to help Naruto control kyuubi is none other than the GREAT Killerbee-sama!!! anyways there are plenty of good reasons for him to control kyuubi:

1. Naruto knows that power can hurt his friends but what if he LEARNED how to control it? that way he'll be able to protect his friends. & when he finds out he went Kyuubi again & meets Killerbee, I think he'll definitely start his Kyuubi training.
2. Naruto was given that power for a reason by his father. ( I hope someone tells him about his heritage) knowing that his dad had an ulterior motive for sealing Kyuubi inside his own son, he might try to think about it.

& also, I feel so sorry for Naruto. shamefulcry0js.gif sad.gif Not only the fact that his village got destroyed, he also won't be able to find out how his mother looked like. (if konoha had kept a picture of her)

Edited by Newkerz, 06 March 2009 - 06:23 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#28 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (L.I.D. @ Mar 6 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well they could be like real ninjas and sneak in and get him out without being seen. laugh.gif

Problem, how would they get away with Naruto without being seen? I think the Akatsuki would notice "hey we're not sealing anything".

uc.png

#29 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:17 AM

Problem, how would they get away with Naruto without being seen? I think the Akatsuki would notice "hey we're not sealing anything".

That would actually be pretty funny.

Pein: We've been bamboozled!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#30 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (L.I.D. @ Mar 6 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would actually be pretty funny.

Pein: We've been bamboozled!

XD

Seriously though a Naruto rescue arc would be pointless seeing as how no one in Konoha is capable of standing up to Pein hence there would be no way in hell they'd be able to stop the Kyuubi sealing.

uc.png

#31 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 6 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is just me or is anyone else slightly irritated that Hinata's not dead?

More than slightly. Kishi's hopeless. I really don't think he can bring himself to kill one of the Nine.
bd5.jpg

#32 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 6 2009, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More than slightly. Kishi's hopeless. I really don't think he can bring himself to kill one of the Nine.

Just because she isn't dead yet doesn't mean she isn't going to. We still haven't seen the wound Pein inflicted on her with one of his rods, it could be in a vital spot.

uc.png

#33 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Mar 6 2009, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just because she isn't dead yet doesn't mean she isn't going to. We still haven't seen the wound Pein inflicted on her with one of his rods, it could be in a vital spot.

All I can say is that I would be very happy to admit I was wrong if Kishi were to prove otherwise; I just don't think he will at this point.

Edited by dl316bh, 06 March 2009 - 06:25 AM.

bd5.jpg

#34 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:27 AM

Seeing as how Sasuke is about to visit Konoha soon, I'd say he may have a change of heart and go after Pain to go help rescue Naruto. Whether be it for his own reasons, since he originally planned to destroy Konoha that has been taken away from him and he will go after Pain for his revenge but in turn help set Naruto free. Hell Karin could even heal Naruto up!

Also, since the Kribai escaped Pain won't be able to immediately seal the Kyuubi and the deal would allow Konoha to reorganize and get aid from their allies from the Sand and Cloud. Right now they're are two important steps to be taken. 1)Save Naruto 2)Heal him back up. If him and Sasuke work together alongside the rest of the Konoha 12, I'd bet they could pull it off and defeat Akatsuki. Classic Shounen formula.

#35 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 6 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seeing as how Sasuke is about to visit Konoha soon, I'd say he may have a change of heart and go after Pain to go help rescue Naruto. Whether be it for his own reasons, since he originally planned to destroy Konoha that has been taken away from him and he will go after Pain for his revenge but in turn help set Naruto free. Hell Karin could even heal Naruto up!

And you preach to me about deus ex machinas. tongue.gif

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 06 March 2009 - 06:30 AM.

uc.png

#36 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:35 AM

Wow, Pain is so dead next chapter. The six tails form is exceedingly interesting and since there is so much raw power, enough to push Pain back of all people, I'm wondering how much damage Naruto is going to cause before he can return to a state of stability and human mentality. Its certain that there will be a large battle between Pain and Naruto and we might be able to see some big boss techniques, since I'm pretty sure Pain has a little more up his sleeve than just what we've seen so far. Oh, and it still isn't confirmed if Hinata is dead, I guess.

My prediction on this if I have one is that Naruto will end up destroying a lot and losing all sense of human nature like before except on a more grand scale. Thus, the chaotic damage and wreckage done will instigate a sort of confounded contemplation by Naruto on the immense amount of power within him and he will have to dedicate himself to harnessing the beast, or attaining even a fraction of control.

(I am a little confused and forgetful on my Naruto it seems, was the crystal an actual seal or just a gift from Tsunade? Does it implicate something now that he's broken it?)

#37 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (psycho666 @ Mar 6 2009, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(I am a little confused and forgetful on my Naruto it seems, was the crystal an actual seal or just a gift from Tsunade? Does it implicate something now that he's broken it?)

It's the First Hokage's necklace (Tsunade's grandfather) and it allowed Yamato to controll the Kyuubi's chakra when Naruto lost control of it. Case in point: when Naruto went 4 tails.

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 06 March 2009 - 06:38 AM.

uc.png

#38 Cali

Cali

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:01 AM

Tch, he neutered Pain. How in hell is Hinata alive still, that's pathetic. I guess being somewhat overoptimistic it's a way to wake Sakura up a bit, given the last time anyone talked about feelings was the last time Naruto went all Kyuubi, but the way he's writing at the moment I think that would be being over generous.

Killerbee is still around, isn't he? as the one who's sync'd with his bijuu I can see how he'd slot into the plot again at this point. Unfortunately it's probably gonna be Sasuke saving the day again, given he & Madara are the only ones left who can subdue the Kyuubi. And Kishi had accumulated so many coolness points recently....

#39 pal2002

pal2002

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:02 AM

After reading the chapter it seems Sakura may get a 'more-than-filler' job after all. w00t. perhaps this is the 'sakuar development' kishi promised for *last* year finally coming. Kind of interesting is how Sakura reacted when she heard Hinata tried to save Pain. Depending on interpretation, this could easy support NS or NH...

(NH fandom is having a blast with their 'Hinata is alive so Naruto *must* fall for her now'...so sick of it.)

#40 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:05 AM

does anyone know what Chibaku Tensei means?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users