#1 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

So I've noticed something recently about most couples. The guy is usually taller, while the girl is shorter. Ive also done some research on Yahoo Answers about this. Most guys seem to prefer shorter girls, while girls prefer taller guys. Sadly I can't relate because I'm 6'5. But what do you prefer? Does it even matter to you? Make sure to tell me why!

(Yes I know the title is stupid.)

#2 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

So I've noticed something recently about most couples. The guy is usually taller, while the girl is shorter. Ive also done some research on Yahoo Answers about this. Most guys seem to prefer shorter girls, while girls prefer taller guys. Sadly I can't relate because I'm 6'5. But what do you prefer? Does it even matter to you? Make sure to tell me why!

I prefer taller but not much elder

I'm 5.4 feet so no problem for me in this

#3 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:31 PM

I think tall girl is charming.

#4 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

shorter = cuter, don't ask why.

#5 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

I'm 5'5 or 5'6 somewhere in between, I could care less about the height of my partner but sometimes it bothers me that I'm short and I get the feeling they would want someone taller.

I may be short, but I make up for it with how good looking I am xD

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#6 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

Uhmmm...I am 5'9 myself. I usually care less about the height of my partner since what matters to me are the feelings but if a preferance is to be asked then....yes! I do prefer shorter girls. They look cute somehow XD Maybe its just me..

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#7 *- ZerΩ -*

*- ZerΩ -*

D E J A V U

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:Sports-> Football,Basketball
    Video Games,The Mentalist,Supernatural..etc

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

I am 1.75 and i dont have any preferation.I always look at girls this way:

-face (first impression)

-personality (getting to know better)

Funny fact: face >> body

tumblr_n09oo96JLS1sqdj5ko1_500.jpg

#8 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

I'm 5'1 and I prefer tall boys.

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#9 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

It depends from person to person. I'm 5' 10" myself so I've never really thought about the whole height thing. Tbh it might be part of the looks that can start a relationship but imo its not a deal maker. In the end chemistry is what matters the most. For example my uncle is married to a former volleyball player and he's only 5' 8". She's got about 3-4 inches on him.

Edited by Shadow1275, 21 October 2014 - 03:58 PM.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#10 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

Well, males will usually be taller than females. I believe men will stop growing for a while around the age of 18, but it's not unusual for them to continue growing until they're around 24 or something like that. Whereas with women, once they stop growing they're pretty much done.

I'm 5-11 or 6.0 and I think I'm kind of short, really XD I haven't seen very many women who grow up to my height, and the vast majority of the ones who did were wearing heels. So I don't think my future partner has a big chance of being taller than me.

664086690_1145760.gif

#11 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

I've not given it much thought. I'm only five feet tall so pretty much everyone I know is taller than me anyway. :lol: I don't think it would matter too much to me, but I think I wouldn't like if a guy were way taller than me. I feel short enough as it is, though I don't mind it most of the time -- except when people take me for someone much younger than I am because of it.  :glare:

#12 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

Ive also done some research on Yahoo Answers about this.

Not the best place for research, lol.

Anyways, I'm 5'11 and I've never found it to be that big of a deal. I'm fine with a woman being taller or shorter.

The majority opinion, though, seems to be that the male should be taller. As others have said on here, it mostly has to do with the man being able to be protective.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#13 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

I'm 5'10, and I perfer small girls (around 5 feet tall). I couldn't picture myself with a girl taller than the one I'm with now. (then again thats also because I don't want another girl xD)

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#14 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:10 AM

I honestly don't care how tall the person I like should be. I'm surprised a lot of you guys care about that... It's not about their appearance (that includes height), it's about what you like about them inside.

I didn't even know this was a thing...

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#15 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

I asked around one time and people said it had to do with the whole protection thing, feeling safe etc.

I can say from my own experience that there's something to that idea.  I'm 5'9", and the only time I've ever felt "safe" and "protected" -- or in any way a sort of fair flower (yes, I really am a girl!) -- was with my ex who was 6'7" / 250lbs.  First and only time (so far) a guy could stand with me and put his chin on the top of my head.  He once carried me across a shallow river, too.  I'm not exactly a trinket, but it was nothing for him.

We used to do a lot of hiking out in the sticks, and any time we'd encounter strangers I never had a moment of fear.  They'd take one look at him and know that, without a gun, there was no way they could take him.  Fortunately we never encountered anyone who wished to do us harm.  

Funny fact: face >> body

That will serve you well over time, too.  Generally speaking, faces stay beautiful longer than figures do.  And there are some seriously beautiful girls where you live.  One of my long-time friends is from Thessaloniki, and she's one of the prettiest women I've ever seen in person.  Kinda makes me sick, lol, but she's a great friend.

(then again thats also because I don't want another girl xD)

Awww... that's really sweet!  

#16 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:31 AM

I honestly don't care how tall the person I like should be. I'm surprised a lot of you guys care about that... It's not about their appearance (that includes height), it's about what you like about them inside.

I didn't even know this was a thing...

Ikr it doesn't matter but as many said their height is already average so there isn't any problem related to that

& tall or short are just preference & not NEED

#17 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

I'm 5' even--I'm done growing by this point, and it seems most 13 year olds are taller than I am!

I don't know that I care one way or the other. But haven't really thought about it before.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 22 October 2014 - 03:00 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#18 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

It doesn't really matter if the guy is taller than the girl or not. What matters is the LOVE.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#19 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

love doesnt depends on height difference,age , etnicity,race,religion and gender

#20 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

I actually like guys around my height, so I don't think I prefer when the height difference is large between us because then one of us (most likely him) is bending over to hug and kiss and stuff. Though honestly, that's not going to sway my opinion. I have a tendency to like girls that are taller than me, but one girl I had a crush on was actually shorter and I'm not very tall myself (5"3) and she had a great personality. Most guys are taller than me, but I don't find that I feel protected when around them. Rather I find that I look up more haha~ That makes me feel sorry for guys especially when they're hit with growth problems--the expectations are greater on them than on women. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users