http://www.animenews...f-naruto/.94993

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:46 AM

Oh god what have you done. I talked about this and I ignored it. It's already stupid when filler is established to be canon from him/her.

Oh well, I can't wait for the execution.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Didn't read it just skimmed through it. One of those images of hinata are only from the anime. The thing is that the reason why the debate isn't ending is because everyone knows that the ending was a last minute retcon nH and ss deny it because they got what they wanted and are defending it to the bitter end. Despite it currently failing in Japan because they hate the ending and if firstevil's source is to be believed if the bolt movie merchandise doesn't sell well enough then the Naruto anime will be canceled.

The thing is that the pairing weren't equal and were't given equal screen time in the anime or the manga. The manga was until the pain arc almost solely NS, while the anime because some of the workers on the Naruto anime team were hinata fans tried to push nH. Hinata only had really four arc were she was even for a scene relevant, while both the anime and the manga could help but to bash ss every chance they got.

#4 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Yeah, don't pay that article any mind. The author is flat out wrong, because the debate is over. We all (or at least most) are done arguing with the NH/SS fandom. The ending divided the fandom so much, and at the end of it all there is just really nothing left to say to them.

I will always prefer NS and nothing is going to change that, but my interest in the Naruto series has waned so much that I don't care one bit what happens to it or its fandom in the future.

#5 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:26 AM

I just skimmed it, as well, as such, I noticed the first few pictures were only of the Anime version of Hinata. The manga version only has about 30 chapters and I just checked it's actually 30 pages of her in the entire manga. While the reason for the paring debate is becuase everyone knows NH was a retacon to make the Last canon. Also I noticed the author compared this to Bleach and DBZ um what the hell? They have good deveoplement stop comparing these two series with Kishimoto's writing skills. As a Ichgio x Rukia fan, I will be happy with Ichgio getting with either Orihema or Rukia since both have proper deveoplement. I somewhat was indifferent too NH since with proper development it could work, but SS was just nope it's toxic and should never have happened in the canon storyline.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#6 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:32 AM

Basically someone else who just doesn't understand basic storytelling rules.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#7 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:35 AM

I just skimmed it, as well, as such, I noticed the first few pictures were only of the Anime version of Hinata. The manga version only has about 30 chapters and I just checked it's actually 30 pages of her in the entire manga. While the reason for the paring debate is becuase everyone knows NH was a retacon to make the Last canon. Also I noticed the author compared this to Bleach and DBZ um what the hell? They have good deveoplement stop comparing these two series with Kishimoto's writing skills. As a Ichgio x Rukia fan, I will be happy with Ichgio getting with either Orihema or Rukia since both have proper deveoplement. I somewhat was indifferent too NH since with proper development it could work, but SS was just nope it's toxic and should never have happened in the canon storyline.

Was agreeing with you up until you said Bleach has good development? Whoa . . . nuh-uh. No way. Bleach is EVEN WORSE than Naruto. Orihime and Rukia are literally side characters now. Neither of them have been developed in ages. As for Bleach pairings . . . man I gave up on that a long time ago. There won't be any pairings. If there were, knowing Kubo, it'd be completely stupid and random (i.e. Ichigo x Nanao). I still read Bleach, but only to skim through the chapters. It is pretty bad right now. So many chapters, but so little happens. Bleach is what Naruto would've become had Kishi decided not to end it and put it out its misery.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#8 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:38 AM

I realised this person was a NH fangirl the moment she mentioned how Hinata was bullied as a child, this never happened , the manga never mentions it ever, her introduction was given as a princess of the Hyuuga clan, whose cousin was told his duty was to protect her. The mere idea of a girl with bodyguards from the most well known clan being bullied is laughable. I wonder if the article mentioned how Sakura was bullied as confirmed by the manga, and took upon the persona of a brash person to emulate Ino and overcome her bullies?

I couldn't even finish reading it, it was complete BS, if you are meant to write an article like this you are not meant to be subjective but it was shown the person who wrote it had an interest in one pairing, and wasn't going to see things with a neutral viewpoint.

Edited by harry4e, 06 November 2015 - 03:53 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#9 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:46 AM

That blog post is so naive.

#10 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:51 AM

Also will someone please tell me why there has been a sudden increase in posts about retcon endings, and supposed Kishi quotes etc a year after the manga ended? What everyone remembered the topic now?

iAnby7W.gif

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:08 AM

Also will someone please tell me why there has been a sudden increase in posts about retcon endings, and supposed Kishi quotes etc a year after the manga ended? What everyone remembered the topic now?

Cause of comiccon. Before nH could ignore all of kishi's contradictions as anti mis-translating what he was saying but now they have it in plain English and all the contradictions are still there.

Edit: also what toby says below me the one year anniversary of the crappy ending.

I realized this person was a NH fangirl the moment she mentioned how Hinata was bullied as a child, this never happened , the manga never mentions it ever, her introduction was given as a princess of the Hyuuga clan, whose cousin was told his duty was to protect her. The mere idea of a girl with bodyguards from the most well known clan being bullied is laughable. I wonder if the article mentioned how Sakura was bullied as confirmed by the manga, and took upon the persona of a brash person to emulate Ino and overcome her bullies?

I couldn't even finish reading it, it was complete BS, if you are meant to write an article like this you are not meant to be subjective but it was shown the person who wrote it had an interest in one pairing, and wasn't going to see things with a neutral viewpoint.

That was added in the anime but only during her confession and the last it NEVER mentioned beyond that other than that she was the disappointment of her family cause she is suppose to be the next clan head but was nothing but a spineless failure.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 November 2015 - 04:10 AM.

#12 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:08 AM

Because today is the 1 year anniversary that the manga ended, November 4

Or the above

Edited by Toby, 06 November 2015 - 04:09 AM.

#13 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:29 AM

Cause of comiccon. Before nH could ignore all of kishi's contradictions as anti mis-translating what he was saying but now they have it in plain English and all the contradictions are still there.

Edit: also what toby says below me the one year anniversary of the crappy ending.

That was added in the anime but only during her confession and the last it NEVER mentioned beyond that other than that she was the disappointment of her family cause she is suppose to be the next clan head but was nothing but a spineless failure.

That's exactly what I'm saying, it's a unwritten rule you do not bring up anime exclusive filler content in an argument to support a series that originates from a different source, Because it never hapened. Sakura being bullied is backed up in the original source, Hinata's bullying has been shoehorned in during the Pain arc, where Hinata was given Sakura's childhood. Then extended on in the movie, which was later revealed was not written by Kishi at all, unlike originally implied, and Kishi has since then confirmed on more than one occasion.

iAnby7W.gif

#14 Emb3rs

Emb3rs

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Hi I'm Emb3rs, I'm new to the Anime world having only watched Attack on Titan and Naruto. I support NaruSaku and enjoy reading the fanfictions and discussions so i hope to learn more from this fandom.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:30 AM

I read some of this article only because most of it is just a repeat of what Ive found in every NH/Naruto the Last defense. I wont deny the facts behind why NH is likeable, but i hate how ignorant most of them are to the fact that SS has zero place as a canon couple. In the end everyone ends up talking kitten about Sakura and how she is useless and doesnt deserve Naruto. I see it differently, because i choose to forget about the failure that kishimoto calls the build up to the romance of these characters, and see the possibilities, the potential of what he created.

Although the one thing i will never forgive is the BS about how Naruto only ever crushed on Sakura because of his rivalry with Sasuke. Don't try to justify your terrible red herring by saying the last 699 chapters of the relationship they built wether it was friendly or romantic was only ever there due to Sasukes rivalry. Kishi's claim that he doesnt understand why we ship NaruSaku is a sorry answer he made up on the spot when he realized that the shippers of who Naruto will end up with was split down the middle with a very small group being neutral on the matter.

#15 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:17 AM

Found this quote in the discussion section.  Glad to know some people have sense

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:40 pm icon_quote.gif This article is certainly well written, and Amy McNulty doesn't show any ill intentions toward NS shippers or the like. However, no matter how much I try, I can never fully side with NH reasoning. Maybe because I was an NS shipper, and how the pairing itself was handled in the last chapter and in The Last, but no matter how long I think about it, the less and less NH makes sense to me. There's just too many contradictions to make it work for me, to many convolutions to ultimately make the pairing work in the end.

I'm not trying to be mean-spirited here (though honestly I have plenty of negative emotions with this subject matter, which I'm trying to suppress), but the article's main defense about how Naruhina works doesn't make sense to me. The author of the article is not being mean, or doesn't come across as unknowledgeable about the subject matter, it just doesn't really add up to me. Yes, in real life you wont end up liking the same person as you did as a kid. It is a part of growing up, it is when we mature and discover what we truly like.

Yet I call shenanigans on that because the world of Naruto was never an accurate depiction of the real world. In world where Ninjas have incredible powers to destroy mountains, it couldn't be farther to our own reality. But it doesn't mean we can't find similarities to our own world with it, so the theme of maturing and liking someone else can still be prevalent... except that theme is consist with the other character. As the author pointed out, Sakura still ends up with her childhood crush, she didn't grow out of it and there is even LESS justification for that pairing to get together. Further, Minato and Kushina knew each other since childhood and were teenage sweethearts. FURTHER further more, Jairaya has had a crush on Tsunade since they were young, and he never let go of it. It was never shown in a negative light, so readers were never under the assumption he needed to let go unless thought about it critically, as it can be looked as a problem since he never moved from it. EXCEPT it was implied right before he died that Tsunade was finally going to reciprocate those feelings. FURTHER further further more, the whole thing with the parallels with Obito and Naruto is now frustrating inaccurate, even though the Kishimoto made great strides to point out the connection between the two. Obito did everything because Rin died, because he loved her, which could have been seen as a negative way to show what happens if you keep hold of your childhood crush... EXCEPT he still gets with her in the afterlife!!!

Then there is the whole thing with The Last, which almost feels like Kishi's way of trying to make NH work outside the manga. I haven't seen it so wont make any judgements on the actually quality of the work, but it is just frustrating to me he needed to have movie made after the fact to justify Naruto and Hinata getting together. If it was really important in the first place, then there should have been more panel time with it in the actual manga. Road to Ninja, which also had Kishi's involvement, makes things even more confusing as that was a very Naruto and Sakura focus movie. While not romantic per se, there was still some interesting parallels between NS and Naruto's parents. It also came off as pretty anti-Sasusaku. Yes I know Road to Ninja is "not Canon", it's just weird that Kishi would be involved with something like Road to Ninja and than go on to make The Last.

The last paragraph was me going off on a tangent, though to also point out how the Naruto "romance" doesn't really work, unless not to me. Another major point that Amy points out as the reason why she is glad that NH became canon is the fact that she liked Hinata and is glad she got what she wanted. I see this all the time, and I can't essentially disagree with it. If you like Hinata, then of course you would be more likely to like the outcome of Naruto. Not only that, NH end pairing does give other shy girls/women hope and courage that they too can be get someone to like them through courage.

There's definitely a moral that can be view with NH, however I can't believe it in myself because I want another pairing to win out and the fact that it does contradicts many elements from the manga. Though, to be fair, the manga has many, MANY other contradictions. So in the end, I do disagree with this article, strongly in fact, but that doesn't mean it is wrong. It is just her perspective on a manga she obviously loves, a series that also loved, yet I feel I can never see a single image of it again for how it was handle (and I didn't talk about my issues with Sasusaku and the other issues with the final chapter). I just wish Amy showcase more on the NS side of things, but then again you can't please everyone.

(By the way, Naruto and Hinata have known each other since childhood too, so they still ended up with people they knew since they were young. Also, HINATA NEVER GREW OUT HER CHILDHOOD CRUSH EITHER, JUST LIKE SAKURA. Sure it isn't as bad as Sakura, but still...)

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 06 November 2015 - 06:17 AM.

#16 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:01 AM

So the main character had to grow out of his childhood crush to teach kids about growing up or something? Why is it only Naruto had to grow out of his childhood crush? When with everyone else it was ok. In fact the writer of the article is happy hinata got together with her childhood crush.

http://hinatits-and-...ecure-of-team-7

"ANONYMOUS SENT: OMFG NH fans are now so insecure of Team 7 relationships. They blamed SS fans of "stealing" Naruto away from his real family. Like wtf? Naruto always has great bonds with Sasuke and Sakura. NH fans can't take away his relations with his teammates that he also considers family. They kitten about NaruSakuSasu and say they are no reasons to ship it but they say NaruHinaSasu has reasons to ship? I'm dead, these Hinawanks take things to seriously. They aren't satisfied even when their ship is canon

Hinata x Rock:Just think of it like this. There’s 2 Narutos. The inspiring!Naruto(chapter 1-699) whose most important people are Sasuke and Sakura. The Naruto who people come to love. And then there’s scumbag!Naruto(chapter 700-Boruto movie), or the naruhina Naruto created by SP that people loathe so much

The ending of Naruto is so gross that people still hate it even after a year. Lmao sorry Kishi! We wouldn’t forget your gross mistake. We’re here to hate even after years. Sorry pro ending."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 November 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#17 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:33 AM

Trash! I dont care at all. Anyways, tomorrow marks the anniversary  of the most kitten ending in storytelling history and apparently its Naruto  :twitch:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#18 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

They sure can't move on to the next story can they, they have to go chest thumping like King Kong. As expected, this will be the highlight of their lives for the next 20-30 years.

apt desc

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:43 PM

-sigh- Another article written by another once again NaruHina fan who is "happy with the ending because NH is canon." I love how the writer says "even though we didn't get a full in depth relationship" or something and this doesn't bother him/her.

Can I get one article....JUST ONE ARTICLE written by a NS fans that lays down the truth of the story?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 November 2015 - 06:55 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

hard to believe its been a year. tsk tsk.

"BUT NARUTO GOT WHA HE WANTED WITH HIS CRUSH~~"

it grew from a crush you dumb dumb ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users