Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:28 PM

The thing about art is that you have to pursue it for the love of it, not for the success it will bring...because the odds of that happening are slim to none in the first place. So few works ever get a chance to shine in the mainstream, and even fewer actually stay there.

I guess Kishimoto saw the success of DragonBall and wanted to copy it, without realizing its popularity was an accident. Most mangaka are broke as kitten. I think he had a panic attack when he realized what he had gotten himself into and prodded Yahigi to help him make it popular.

I can’t speak from personal experience about kids, but Kishimoto could have simply not let them read it. Spielberg forbade his kids from watching Jurassic Park when it first came out, and he still went on to make Saving Private Ryan. Roberto Rodriguez made things like Spy Kids, and he still made Machete. Besides, even the grittier stuff he wrote was targeted towards kids. 
As for the messages he was trying to pass, yeah, not a good idea. I think it’s wonderful to pass a moral message to your readers, but it has to be in a way that is practical for the real world. 
In Orochimaru’s case, he could have had characters forgive him as a person, but imprison him for his deeds nonetheless. Kishimoto could have used the past atrocities to highlight how many of them did what they thought was right, but show their actions were still wrong and now they had to live with reasonable consequences. I could go on, but there were so many other ways to competently preach about peace and forgiveness. Naruto wasn’t one of them.

From what I remember, he wanted to develop Kakashi and Sakura more, but I guess his editors said no to those. I feel like the war arc was a big catch up/cram session in an attempt to flesh out the world he created; something he should have done much, MUCH earlier. 

You pretty much nailed it on why tactics were thrown out the window. Even so, Kishimoto could have asked his assistants to research ninja tactics and war strategy. The problem with this, though, is that Naruto since its inception wasn’t really about ninjas. 
This is why I love the 2012 TMNT; they use ACTUAL ninjutsu and strategies in their battles. Just watch Gaijin Goomba’s video on the Ninja Turtles.

Kishimoto could have also used more of the works that inspired Naruto, particularly Jiraiya. Again, watch GG’s video with Johnny Young Bosch. 

You know what, just watch all of Gaijin’s videos, because they are informative and just awesome.

The problem is that his "messages" are just garbage. "This guy is the reason your parents are dead, the reason you were alone almost your whole life." Cool guy. "This guy has done countless experiments on children, betrayed his friends and has zero remorse." Gets to gain immortality. "This guy has run away from you, tried to kill you, your friends, threatened the village you love." But

muh best frand who was absent 90% of our franship and the powah of lurv will fix errything

We have to end the cycle of hate! by letting awful people live to continue doing kitten things. :zaru: 
FFS he's writing a story about Ninja's who make their living off skills designed for subterfuge, warfare, and train from childhood to fight but he wants to sell this msg of world peace. 

Something the sequel BTFO of the water since we find out kids are still being trained to fight. So Naruto's entire "I'm the chosen one who will bring peace by running my mouth at people who want to kill me." approach apparently fails. 

Oh yea that whole "I'm going to focus on Sakura" thing that never happened.  :hm: 

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 16 October 2019 - 09:33 PM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#28002 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:12 PM

The problem is that his "messages" are just garbage. "This guy is the reason your parents are dead, the reason you were alone almost your whole life." Cool guy. "This guy has done countless experiments on children, betrayed his friends and has zero remorse." Gets to gain immortality. "This guy has run away from you, tried to kill you, your friends, threatened the village you love." But
muh best frand who was absent 90% of our franship and the powah of lurv will fix errythingWe have to end the cycle of hate! by letting awful people live to continue doing kitten things :zaru: FFS he's writing a story about Ninja's who make their living off skills designed for subterfuge, warfare and train from childhood to fight but he wants to sell this msg or world peace. Something the sequel BTFO of the water since we find out kids are still being trained to fight. So Naruto's entire "I'm the chosen one who will bring peace by running my mouth at people who want to kill me." approach apparently fails. 
Oh yea that whole "I'm going to focus on Sakura" thing that never happened.  :hm:

God image Naruto vs classic Dracula from castlevania who is chaos itself Naruto loses.

#28003 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:35 PM

Nardo would lose to just about anybody because he'd spend all his time yapping and trying to change their entire world view after having met them like twice.

Naruto: NO LIGHT, i'M NARUTO UZUMAKI AND ITS WRONG TO USE A BOOK TO KILL PEOPLE! Datteba-
DEAD. 

#28004 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:24 PM

Any NS moments in this trash Boruto story?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#28005 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:30 AM

Probably the closest thing was that throwaway comment where Sakura says "They are closer than family." 

But that's about it, and it was a mistake on their part because they didn't think about the ramifications of what that could mean, I mean Hinata is his family. His son is his family. how do you get closer than that? :lmao: 

#28006 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:51 AM

that is just lip service that gives the idea that they are platonic-ally closer than anyone else in their lives when the Sarada Gaiden straight up shows Naruto cut off all contact with Sakura to the point he never knew she left the village while pregnant and couldn't even give Sarada a straight yes or no answer to whether Sakura is her birth mother. Both say they are best friends and stretch it further by implying they are closer to each other than they are to Sasuke but the writing and actions of both of them say otherwise now doesn't it? :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 October 2019 - 07:49 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28007 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:08 AM

"We're closer than family! despite the fact that we're never shown hanging out, one of us knows nothing about the other's financial crisis when they have the clout to do something about it, nor do they know whether their 2 "best friends" have a child together or now."

Naruto is shown hanging out with Sasuke more than Sakura when they both live in the same freaking village. Like I absolutely looooooooaaaaath this ending but at the very least shouldn't "close friends." like hang out? People who are life long friends and live in the same area usually have kids who are basically like siblings because the parents are always hanging out and bringing their kids along. 

#28008 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:36 PM

Sarada Gaiden straight up shows Naruto cut off all contact with Sakura to the point he never knew she left the village while pregnant and couldn't even give Sarada a straight yes or no answer to whether Sakura is her birth mother. 

Oh god, really? 

#28009 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:04 PM

Nardo would lose to just about anybody because he'd spend all his time yapping and trying to change their entire world view after having met them like twice.
Naruto: NO LIGHT, i'M NARUTO UZUMAKI AND ITS WRONG TO USE A BOOK TO KILL PEOPLE! Datteba-
DEAD.

True Darkseid, Thanos, apocalypse, joker, doomsday, dr.doom, I could go on none of them would listen to Naruto and kill him especially dr,doom because his ego is that big.

#28010 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

Probably the closest thing was that throwaway comment where Sakura says "They are closer than family." 
But that's about it, and it was a mistake on their part because they didn't think about the ramifications of what that could mean, I mean Hinata is his family. His son is his family. how do you get closer than that? :lmao:

what thinking there's been no thinking since the last half of the war and there is no more thinking cause if there was the ending would have been way different and better.

that is just lip service that gives the idea that they are platonic-ally closer that anyone else in their lives when the Sarada Gaiden straight up shows Naruto cut off all contact with Sakura to the point he never knew she left the village while pregnant and couldn't even give Sarada a straight yes or no answer to whether Sakura is her birth mother. Both say they are best friends and stretch it further by implying they are closer to each other platonic-ally than they are to Sasuke but the writing and actions of both of them say otherwise now doesn't it? :zaru:

So much for narutos rant on bonds when he cut off all contact with Sakura or hinata won't allow him to see her. Now is this still Naruto, that's if sarada is Sakura kid cause I still call bs on Gaiden saying she was cause there's so many holes in there around sarada existence.

#28011 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:01 PM

Oh god, really? 

Oh yes,  in "Naruto Gaiden The seventh Hokage". You see the writing problems and story inconsistencies RIGHT from the beginning. In fact, in Chapter 1 Sarada asked Sakura if Sasuke ever wore glasses and Sakura answered "I don't remember". No, I'm not making that up. :ermm: Sakura says I don't know or I don't remember when Sarada asked questions about Sasuke and had the gall to punch at Sarada when she questioned if she's really married for not being able to give a straight answer about her own husband. And it was a chakra fueled punch that destroyed their house and would have hit Sarada had she not dodged. REAL FAMILY LOVE RIGHT THERE!!! :lmao:  And I kid you not, at the end of the chapter Sarada was looking at the only photo Sasuke and Sakura took together and it literally was just a photo Sakura took of herself and plastered it next to the image of Sasuke in a photo he took of Team Taka with the Sakura photo taped on top of Karin and the frame cut off Suigetsu and Jugo. Hah! Again, True love I TELL YOU!!!! :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 November 2019 - 02:29 AM.

#28012 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:28 PM

Oh yes,  in "Naruto Gaiden The seventh Hokage". Youy see the writing problems and story inconsistencies RIGHT for m the beginning. In fact, in Chapter 1 Sarada asked Sakura if Sasuke ever wore glasses and Sakura answered "I don't remember". No, I'm not making that up. :ermm: Sakura says I don't know or I don't remember when Sarada asked questions about Sasuke and had the gall to punch at Sarada when she questioned if she's really married for not being aboe to give a straight answer about her own husband. And it was a chakra fueled punch that destroyed their house and would have hit Sarada had she not dodged. REAL FAMILY LOVE RIGHT THERE!!! :lmao:  And I kid you not, at the end of the chapter Sarada was looking at the only photo Sasuke and Sakura took together and it literally was just a photo Sakura took of herself and plastered it next to the image of Sasuke in a photo he took of Team Taka with the Sakura photo taped on top of Karin and the frame cut off the Suigetsu and Jugo.  Hah! True love I TELL YOU!!!! :zaru:

And that reminds me of how much of a dumpster fire the franchise has become since this stupid ending was done, and how Kishimoto, even with distancing himself from the ending, hasn't come out to admit he made a mistake and throwing Studio Pierrot under the bus like he should be doing, because he isn't sure what to do now.

#28013 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

Oh yes,  in "Naruto Gaiden The seventh Hokage". Youy see the writing problems and story inconsistencies RIGHT for m the beginning. In fact, in Chapter 1 Sarada asked Sakura if Sasuke ever wore glasses and Sakura answered "I don't remember". No, I'm not making that up. :ermm: Sakura says I don't know or I don't remember when Sarada asked questions about Sasuke and had the gall to punch at Sarada when she questioned if she's really married for not being aboe to give a straight answer about her own husband. And it was a chakra fueled punch that destroyed their house and would have hit Sarada had she not dodged. REAL FAMILY LOVE RIGHT THERE!!! :lmao:  And I kid you not, at the end of the chapter Sarada was looking at the only photo Sasuke and Sakura took together and it literally was just a photo Sakura took of herself and plastered it next to the image of Sasuke in a photo he took of Team Taka with the Sakura photo taped on top of Karin and the frame cut off the Suigetsu and Jugo.  Hah! True love I TELL YOU!!!! :zaru:

I don't watch or read the spin off at all except for what i see by accident after the whole Sarada mamadrama, but i just cannot get over how they thought that was a good idea. It's one thing to show Sasuke as a distant dad, it's another to have only one picture of him and Sakura in the whole house that isn't even a picture of the two of them. 

And Sakura not remembering if the man she has obsessed over for most of her life wore glasses or not? Dafuq. and WHY does Sarada have Karin's glasses?! 

And then there are people who be like "Well Sasuke's just on a mission its not his fault Sarada has doubts about whether the woman raising her is her mom or not!"  I come from a military family where my dad could be away for 6months or more and EVEN from actual combat zones he would regularly call or write. I remember one time we were skyping and he ducked out of view and the screen shuddered and there was a d/c. Come to find out later that he'd had to duck and cover because a bomb had gone off somewhere relatively close.  :hm:  

That "On a mission" excuse is BS. And its either just the writing being dumb or it's on purpose and everyone is miserable.  

#28014 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:30 AM

"Are people seriously treating the MangaPlus numbers as representative of Boruto's success? 
Seriously?"
Went on that twitter to see if this commented on Samurai 8 or Boruto again. Also someone made a comment I have been making about online views (youtube/managaplus) for Naruto/Boruto:
"The views would be fantastic if they actually also help in sales..."

#28015 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:46 AM

Is this after the Naruto Gaiden? 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#28016 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

Hard to say it's not clear what's canon now , but if it's the anime yes it's after that I think.

#28017 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:43 PM

It's in the Boruto anime, But I never saw a single episode of it so I can't say before or after I will say though they did adapt that gaiden and changed things in it. Such as all of Sakura and Sarada's interactions to not make SS look as bad. Desperate much? :zaru:

#28018 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:10 PM

It was after the Salad gaiden arc...if I recall that came from when they are about to take their genin test to parallel BS with NS.

#28019 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

Its either within or after, I pretty much noped out after Salad Gaiden so it has to be relatively earlyish. 

#28020 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:48 PM

It was after the Salad gaiden arc...if I recall that came from when they are about to take their genin test to parallel BS with NS.

As in it happened after the episodes of the gaiden correct?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)