Close
Photo

Kishi made Sasuke into a terrible person.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

I am tired of talking about Sakura. Let's assume that she only loves Sasuke and she has no respect for herself so she is always going to want to be with Sasuke no matter what. I don't care.

However, the post-canon materials make Sasuke into a piece of human garbage. This ruins his character if you were of the opinion that he was portrayed as generally honorable, which I was.

First the war ends and Sakura makes an advance on him. He accepts this romantic overture without making any kind of commitment at all. He just says he'll see her soon. So he could come back in 2 years, 10 years, or he could never come back. He does nothing to reassure her that he will in fact return in any reasonable amount of time. Sakura will just be waiting around looking like a complete idiot. This is in fact what happens. He takes advantage of Sakura's naivete, her pathetic devotion to him, her lack of self-preservation, and her willingness to suffer on behalf of someone who has done nothing but hurt her. He takes advantage of all of these things to go do whatever he wants whenever he wants with zero commitment attached to himself. It would come off as quite predatory if he actually showed any attraction towards Sakura. I believe he canonically returns within 2 years.

At this point he gets her to give birth to or adopt a child somehow. Then he leaves again, abandoning both wife and child. He does not stay in contact or make any commitment to ever come back. This is also inexcusable because he's abandoning his "family" without providing any financial support or having any kind of presence in their lives. At this point he's gone for 12 straight years without returning at all or contacting them at all.

So Sasuke has created a difficult situation for Sakura and his own child without doing anything to make it easier for them. This is a situation he should not have created if he did not have time for it or if he didn't want to invest time in it. However, he does it anyway. His reasoning for doing this is unclear and frankly baffling. If he was thankful for these bonds that somehow survived his becoming a terrorist and murderer, he would not do this. He would respectfully decline or at the very least use protection.

Realistically, he should just stay away from Sakura. This is someone who he tried to kill and who his best friend used to love. He should view her as an untouchable property for these reasons. He disqualified himself by trying to murder her, and disqualified himself further by taking a mission that means he can't return to Konoha for over a decade. If he wants sex, he can just go see Karin. His actions make no sense and make him look horrible.

But Kishimoto didn't care if it made sense, he only cared about getting Sakura out of the way for NH.

As a result, Sasuke is a piece of s***.

Edited by DrK, 01 December 2017 - 06:28 AM.

#2 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

Change the title of the thread. The mods won't like it.

#3 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

Change the title of the thread. The mods won't like it.

Done. Isn't manual censorship ok generally? I hate seeing "kitten" constantly.

Edited by DrK, 30 November 2017 - 10:48 PM.

#4 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

The nicest thing Sasuke could have done for Sakura was say "thanks for everything you've done up to now, truly. Thanks for trying to be there for me, thanks for caring but I am just NOT that into you, and even if i were i'd be no good for you, we're not compatible. 100% me and not you." And just walk away.

But that would require Sasuke to put someone before himself :zaru: and we know he can't

The fact he doesn't even seem to provide financial support while being away is beyond disturbing. It's the least he could do THE. LEAST.

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 30 November 2017 - 10:50 PM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#5 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

The nicest thing Sasuke could have done for Sakura was say "thanks for everything you've done up to now, truly. Thanks for trying to be there for me, thanks for caring but I am just NOT that into you, and even if i were i'd be no good for you, were not compatible. 100% me and not you." And just walk away.

Which is exactly what Sasuke would have done. He said so many times that he wasn't interested. It's just like... what?

#6 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

Done. Isn't manual censorship ok generally? I hate seeing "kitten" constantly.

Change the entire title. I still think they won't like the title. Make it less aggressive.

#7 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

The idea that he just "changed his mind" after a 2yr absence is BUUUUUULLL. Their relationship reads more like one of convenience on his part and willful blindness on hers.

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 30 November 2017 - 10:54 PM.

#8 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

Change the entire title. I still think they won't like the title. Make it less aggressive.

I don't know how to make the hypothesis sound any less aggressive than this. But thanks for the advice.

#9 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

Try "why Sasuke is honestly a toxic person ."

#10 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:56 PM

The idea that he just "changed his mind" after a 2yr absence is BUUUUUULLL. Their relationship reads more like one of convenience on his part and willful blindness on hers.

How does it even benefit Sasuke, though? He didn't even get a son out of it. The Uchiha are going to be gone after she gets married to Boruto. So Naruto's spawn will have consumed his clan. This is not something that is gonna make him happy. And if Sasuke dies, the last Uchiha is going to be Sakura. How good does that look?

Edited by DrK, 30 November 2017 - 10:57 PM.

#11 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:59 PM

Well, he gets a kid to pass on his "nindo" I guess..even if his kid DGAF about his nindo and prefers Naruto's. Honestly maybe Sasuke didn't even want a kid and that was all Sakura. Would explain why he doesn't want to visit.

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 30 November 2017 - 11:00 PM.

#12 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:01 PM

Well, he gets a kid to pass on his "nindo" I guess..even if his kid DGAF about his nindo and prefers Naruto's. Honestly maybe Sasuke didn't even want a kid and that was all Sakura. Would explain why he doesn't want to visit.

I think she either got him extremely drunk or a turkey baster was involved. Because Kishi made no attempt to show that Sasuke wants to get anywhere near Sakura. He seemed to like her a lot more in part 1. She hugged him two times and he didn't throw her off of himself. It feels like he would do that now, because she timidly stays away from him rather than trying to touch him. Like if she wants to initiate something with him, why doesn't she just do it instead of making these pathetic expressions?

Edited by DrK, 30 November 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#13 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

The entire body language of that "I want another forehead poke" scene was honestly scary. Sakura looks a mixture of coy and timid, Sasuke looks emotionless and dead fish eyed (as usual.) It's just weird af.

#14 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:08 PM

The entire body language of that "I want another forehead poke" scene was honestly scary. Sakura looks a mixture of coy and timid, Sasuke looks emotionless and dead fish eyed (as usual.) It's just weird af.

After that, I could never view Part 1 Sakura in the same way. The way she acted back then could be cute or funny. Not horrific. I mean she's what, 33 years old? That kinda kitten doesn't fly anymore.

Edited by DrK, 30 November 2017 - 11:11 PM.

#15 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:13 PM

Even part 1 Sakura had some courage and would actually TOUCH him. Even just grabbing his hand, or hugging. This one seems to keep 3 ft between her and him...Which given past circumstances is smart.

#16 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

Even part 1 Sakura had some courage and would actually TOUCH him. Even just grabbing his hand, or hugging. This one seems to keep 3 ft between her and him...Which given past circumstances is smart.

But then where does Sarada come from? Why didn't Kishi just make her Karin's child? It would make the circumstances so much more understandable.

Never mind, I know why. It would have angered the only fanbase they have left.

Edited by DrK, 30 November 2017 - 11:17 PM.

#17 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

I honestly think it's artificial insemination -shrug- i also used to prescribe to the Karin theory, but that was torpedoed. it was just more drama mongering from the writers, and more shade being thrown at the buttmonkey they now call Sakura.

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 30 November 2017 - 11:37 PM.

#18 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

SS was more popular in Japan then SK. When they went with nH because the international fanbase, they kept SS to pair the spares, & because they understood that it was popular in Japan. Doesn't mean Kishimoto liked it, just like everything else he just went with it because that was what he was told to do in order to be able to end the manga.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 November 2017 - 11:36 PM.

#19 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:37 PM

SS was more popular in Japan then SK. When they went with nH because the international fanbase, they kept SS to pair the spares, & because they understood that it was popular in Japan. Doesn't mean Kishimoto liked it, just like everything else he just went with it because that was what he was told to do in order to be able to end the manga.

Yeah, I know. I just find it hard to believe that he was willing to kitten on Sasuke in this way. I guess in his misogynistic mind Sasuke actually looks good.

#20 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Well, kishimoto also "had" to prioritize work over family. So I would expect him to be sympathetic to his fav char.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users