• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9679 replies to this topic

#41 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Apr 10 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i really wish kish would have a part 3

I wish he would too, at least make a final arc, rather than doing the usual in shonen, shoujo and seinen manga and cramming everything into a time skip epilogue.

It's mostly in josei manga where writers sometimes do stories where the characters not only get married and have children, but those children grow up and get married. (My favorite josei mangaka- Machiko Satonaka, has several series like that, unfortunately none have been translated into English, and I haven't even seen any scanalations either)

The bad thing about the typical time skip epilogue chapter, is that things are crammed into a single chapter so it leaves the reader with a lot of questions- how did so and so happen, what happened to so and so characters, etc... A final time skip arc would give the chance to answer most, if not all of those questions. About the only manga I know that was successful in cramming that all into the time skip epilogue chapter was Rumiko Takahashi's romantic comedy seinen manga- Maison Ikkoku. (and even with that one she left out a few characters). Nobuhiro Watsuki added an extra epilogue in the Kenshin Kaden showing what happened to Megumi, Misao, Aoshi, and they along with Kenshin and Kaoru (with their 5 year old son Kenji) read a letter from Sano at a cherry blossom viewing picnic. (Saito is also briefly mentioned.)

If Kishimoto did an timeskip epilogue arc he could not just show Naruto and Sakura married and Naruto as Hokage, but the final process of how Naruto wins over and changes for the good the ninja world after he becomes Hokage. With how much Kishimoto is giving to developing that point in part 2, I know I'm going to feel a bit sad that the final process will be skimmed over in the series epilogue chapter. I'd rather see the final volume be an epilogue arc gradually moving forward in time as we see the changes taking hold and Naruto and Sakura (and the other kids) growing from their later teens into their twenties.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#42 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Apr 10 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KISH MAKE A PART THREE

I think it would be nice but some of part 2 feels like it has been stretched out, as in he seems to be running out of ideas. Sometimes i think Kishi is having a case of writers block. Especially here lately how everything has been put in overdrive and headed toward the finish line.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 11 April 2010 - 05:19 AM.

#43 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Apr 10 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
random comment. oh since kish has a computer do yous think he reads our threads?

Yes. Because he reads English very well. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

No. In all seriousness. I think trying to draw, write and edit his own chapters takes up enough of his time.

#44 tekopi

tekopi

Randomness Practitioner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Foods, Books, Martial Art, Play MPV, Rock Climbing, Camping, Ukulelelele, Sony MP3, Sony Xperia, Sony Everything!!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

wow, so much change in a very short time....

even the thread has been replaced with newer one...nice a_dance.gif

anyway...

i've seen/read several online manga lately...

and i don't see much of a narusaku progress,

it kinda make my heart down a lil' bit huh.gif
Whoever had watched this cutie pie

a9LmPMo_700b_zpspu05hup0.jpg

You Are Sick...Just like me  :hehehe: 

#45 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

@tekopi

Don't expect NaruSaku moments anytime soon. I actually think Sakura's confession is gonna be put off for a long time; Naruto has his training and (hopefully) Sakura will have some training.

#46 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 11 2010, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it would be nice but some of part 2 feels like it has been stretched out, as in he seems to be running out of ideas. Sometimes i think Kishi is having a case of writers block. Especially here lately how everything has been put in overdrive and headed toward the finish line.

dosnt kish have the manga pland/finished already?

#47 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Apr 11 2010, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dosnt kish have the manga pland/finished already?

Sort of.

I think he said in an interview that he knows what checkpoints he is going to, but the destination can and has changed on how he got to those check points.

So he sometimes change the idea on how the plot got to that point he wanted it to go.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#48 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Well, he's changed things around so not everything is set-in-stone. He could easily change the outcome at the end to something unexpected. I just hope, whatever it may be, he pulls through and makes Naruto Hokage, if anything, I wanna see that. I think he deserves that instead of being destined to die with Sasuke.

#49 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 11 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, he's changed things around so not everything is set-in-stone. He could easily change the outcome at the end to something unexpected. I just hope, whatever it may be, he pulls through and makes Naruto Hokage, if anything, I wanna see that. I think he deserves that instead of being destined to die with Sasuke.

he wont die most likely but ether way it will be epic

James S Cassidy@ so basically he has the story set already but how it gets there is in the works.

Edited by SS3 Goku, 11 April 2010 - 02:02 PM.

#50 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

@Goku-kun

Yes, exactly. He might know the outcome or ending but the process of getting there isn't set-in-stone, nice way of putting it Goku ^^

#51 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

I could honestly see it if sakura is crying over naruto's "dead" body she would be exclaiming her feelings for him then and kiss him one last time. and to make it commedic he wakes up in the middle of it and is just like sa..sa...sakura-chan! then she is embarassed and hits him. I could strongly see something like that happening and it would get her feelings across to him way better than her words do.
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#52 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Apr 11 2010, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could honestly see it if sakura is crying over naruto's "dead" body she would be exclaiming her feelings for him then and kiss him one last time. and to make it commedic he wakes up in the middle of it and is just like sa..sa...sakura-chan! then she is embarassed and hits him. I could strongly see something like that happening and it would get her feelings across to him way better than her words do.

That is something expected in a shonen but the kiss will be very good. narusaku.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#53 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

And the only thing we are missing now, that I would like to see, is a girl to make sakura jealous that she is paying attention to naruto. It would be nice to have something like that. I am not saying that in a type of fanfiction knowledge, but I have seen in several good shonen manga that having another girl to set off one girl being jealous is usually a norm when it comes to romance.

I mean the closest we have got is this

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/442/01/

but that is little to go off of.

I would find it hilarious is in a downtime chapter karin becomes this character where she questions naruto for whatever reason and sakura becomes jealous of the fact. What do you guys think?
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#54 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Apr 11 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would find it hilarious is in a downtime chapter karin becomes this character where she questions naruto for whatever reason and sakura becomes jealous of the fact. What do you guys think?

Hmm, doubt Kishimoto would make Sakura jealous, but it isn't excluded as well as it would be the next step into Naruto and Sakura's relationship. Many couples do not need things as jealousy because they express their feelings directly but for love knuckleheads as Naruto and Sakura, they would need this little push. Of course, I understand Naruto's statement that he doesn't want to have any romantic relationship until he ends his troubles with Sasuke, but meh, I would like to see him jealous instead of Sakura and maybe he would just confess in front of her and end all pairings war and blah blah(kinda dreamy I know). As you can see I have no doubt that Sakura really loves Naruto with all her heart as she was saying before being interrupted by Naruto's 'now is not the time' interruption in her confession. happy.gif

By the way, I could be wrong, but Naruto really wants to make the pact with the seal-key but would it be only for Sasuke's sake? And here pops another question. Why couldn't he kill Sasuke on place on the battlefield?
Well I for one, think that Sakura is the main reason. He wants her to be happy so he couldn't kill Sasuke in front of her. Also, I was thinking about why he said to Sasuke they would die if they would ever fought again. The only answer I can get is again Sakura, but I don't know how I can link her to it but I have this gut feeling.
/End of Rant

I would have some more questions but that would be for now. happy.gif

Edited by untold62, 11 April 2010 - 06:11 PM.

#55 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

^No Naruto said he'll only fight Sasuke if he attacks the village. Naruto also said he's done chasing Sasuke, so it's a matter if Sasuke comes after Naruto not the other way around. I don't think Sakura had anything to do with his descion in that, though it could have helped Naruto seeing how she almost died by Sasuke's hands. If Sasuke did kill her, then I can assure you that Naruto would have fought him then and there.

Edited by ShippudenGirl, 11 April 2010 - 06:24 PM.

#56 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

^ Of course Naruto said that he will fight Sasuke if he attacks Konoha, but now, he seems like wanting to go after Sasuke, thus rushing in to get the aid from KB and Kyubi. Also, as I see it, I think it would be something if Naruto meets with Sasuke who is reinforcing Kisame to capture KB(I really don't think Kisame could take KB, Raikage and all his shinobi all by himself and I suppose Kisame is only on a surveing mission). The other thing, about Sakura...well I don't even know what to think if she would have died there.

EDIT: Of course, I could be wrong with my assumption but I think that Kishi really wants to surprise Naruto's fans so, he could make everything we couldn't even think of...

Edited by untold62, 11 April 2010 - 06:37 PM.

#57 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Apr 10 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i really wish kish would have a part 3

random comment. oh since kish has a computer do yous think he reads our threads?

KISH MAKE A PART THREE

If you have to say "random comment" about anything its a very good sign its either (1) way off topic or (2) spam.

#58 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, I think we're slipping off-topic.

We know Naruto and Sakura is set in a concrete development but does anyone think their will be some potential between Karin and Naruto?

#59 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

Ha-Ha! *laughs at Uzumakikage* If you mean Romantic, never, if you mean friendship, most likely.

#60 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 11 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha-Ha! *laughs at Uzumakikage* If you mean Romantic, never, if you mean friendship, most likely.

You never know, the door could be open to both! biggrin.gif

I hope Kishi will find the time to develop Sakura more with Tsunade while Naruto is training with Bee. Sakura deserves to be more developed especially if she wants to be more "heroin" like and protect Naruto in some sort of way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users