Close
Photo

[UPDATED TO P-T] Return of the Great "A-Z of NaruSaku" Drabble Challenge!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

It's back! biggrin.gif

It's been far too long since the last "A-Z of NaruSaku" Drabble Challenge. You can see the previous threads - Here's the first thread, and here's the second thread.

The Rules: How it all works! --Click here to view--

Why A-Z?

Because we're going to try and write NaruSaku drabbles for every letter of the alphabet! XD Every prompt will be in alphabetical order, and each one can be anything (object, emotion, action, etc.).

Every week, for five weeks, there will be five prompts (with six on the last week). If we do manage to go through the whole alphabet, perhaps we could start another A-Z thread if this is popular enough. happy.gif

So, what do we write? Where do we put our drabbles?

For each prompt, you must write a 100-word drabble. 100 words, no more, no less. If you're not sure how to do that, then maybe this spoiler will give you some advice?
Drabble Writing Tips! --Click here to view--

1. Keep the idea simple. Don't overcomplicate it. smile.gif
2. Strip your drabble down to its bare bones, get rid of unnecessary scenes/descriptions/lines etc. Make every word count! If it doesn't add to the story, take it out.
3. Concentrate your words. For example, "His voice barely above a whisper, Naruto spoke..." can be "Naruto whispered" or "Naruto breathed".
4. If your drabble ends up under 100 words, don't worry! It's much easier to add to a drabble, than to take away from it. happy.gif

Remember, you can always check out the previous challenges linked at the top of this post to see how people have done it. happy.gif (No copying!)

You can post your drabbles in this thread, though I also recommend starting your own drabble-fic in the Library. smile.gif That way, even if this thread falls off the first page of the forum, people will still be able to read your drabbles in the Library!

Of course, make sure to at least reply with a note if you do only post to the Library, so everyone will know what you've done. happy.gif

Who chooses the prompts?

The first person to complete ALL five of the week's prompts can choose next week's prompts. biggrin.gif

If nobody completes all five, then the person with the most drabbles will set the new prompts.

What can I write?

It can be anything, even AU (Alternate Universe) if you like. However, it must be suitable for a Teen audience, so explicit sexual/violent themes are not allowed. The Mods and Admins of Heaven & Earth reserve the right to remove stories that are unsuitable for viewing. If you're not sure if a drabble of yours is OK, just PM it to me and I'll let you know. happy.gif

So, let's begin!

Prompts for Sunday 8th March, until Sunday 14th March

Prompts for P-T --Click here to view--

Psychic
Quality
Red
Savant
Telepathy

Awkwardness
Battlefield
Cupid
Door
Ecchi
Furious
Gamakichi
Hands
Intoxicate
Job
Kiss
[/color]Light
[/color]Make-believe
[/color]Necklace
[/color]Outsmart[/color]

Good luck! biggrin.gif

#2 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

Sounds like fun. Lucky for me, I have no life whatsoever!

“What did you want to see me about, Sakura?” Tsunade asked.

“Well, I was just wondering if I could get you to give me a physical.”

Tsunade raised an eyebrow. “A physical? But Sakura, you just had one. What on earth would you need another one for?”

Sakura blushed. “Oh, I've just... been doing something. And I was curious about the... results, that's all.”

“Curious? About what?”

Sakura shuffled her feet nervously. “Well, you see, the thing is-”

The Fifth Hokage's door burst open, Naruto falling through it. “For the love of God, just ask her if you're pregnant already!”

The explosion was loud. That was all he could remember. He didn't remember who he was fighting, or what had happened.

A hand brushed over his face, moving to the side of his head, resting over his left ear. A second hand soon joined on the right. A gentle feeling slowly seeped into him.

“Naruto, can you hear me?!”

Naruto groaned, and nodded. “Yeah.” His ears still ached, but his hearing was back.

Naruto heard a sigh, and cracked open an eye. Sakura was looking down at him with worry, unshed tears in her eyes.

“Stop doing such stupid things.”

“I tell you, he's plotting something!”

Sakura sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. “A fictional character is plotting something?”

Naruto nodded emphatically. “Fictional for now! Until his evil plot is complete! And then we will all suffer his evil wrath!”

“Damnit, Naruto. It's fine if you didn't get me a present for Valentine's Day. It really is. So why do you always have to blame Cupid and some imagined evil?!”

“Sure, imagined. You'll be saying a different tune when his evil love zombies enslave the earth!”

Sakura groaned. “Wonderful, I'm in love with a psychotic moron. Great choice, Haruno.”

“Crud!”

Sakura opened the door to see Naruto slumped against it, bags of groceries scattered everywhere. “Couldn't get the door open, huh?”

“... No. No, I couldn't.”

“And you didn't call me for help because...?”

“It's- It's a stupid door! It's not supposed to beat me!”

Sakura nodded. “Well, it did.” Beat. “ Yet again.”

Naruto winced. “You didn't have to say that.”

“I'll say it until you learn to ask for help.”

“Why?! It's just a door!”

“Well, this 'Just a door' just beat you up.” Sakura grinned wickedly. “I wonder how much the tabloids will pay to hear about this?”

“Ha, Royal Flush!”

Naruto pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. “You said you were bad at this game.”

Sakura shrugged. “I am. You're just worse, is all.”

Naruto's pout deepened. “I still say you're cheating.”

Sakura looked shocked, clutching at her chest. “Cheating? Me?! I would never-”

Several cards fell out of her sleeve.

Naruto glowered, but Sakura just shrugged. “Ninja are supposed to cheat.”

“Not at strip poker!”

Sakura stuck her tongue out at him. “Especially at strip poker!”

Naruto's left eye was twitching. He could feel it.

“Cheating or not, I won that hand. Lose the pants.”

Edit: Changed drabbles to have 100 words.

Edited by KungFuTruffle, 20 February 2010 - 03:24 AM.

#3 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:54 AM

W00t! I love these threads. Thanks Smiter!

She had done it a million times with him; no, more like two million. Why did this feel so different? Sure she was dressed to the nines and he was in the only suit he owned, but just because they were on a date at a fancy restaurant didn’t mean that they couldn’t act naturally around each other.

“So?”

“So.”

Naruto scanned over the menu in boredom before turning to Sakura with a grin. “Say, want to get some ramen at Ichirakus?”

Sakura breathed a sigh of relief and nodded. It proved to be one of their best dates ever.

A mixture of reds, greens and yellows littered the battlefield. Casualties lay forgotten over the soft earth. Some soldiers lay dismembered: cruelly scattered across the land. Others still fought bravely but none were a match for the all-knowing God watching over them. He controlled who lived or died. A maniacal laugh left his throat before an even greater and more powerful being stopped him.

“Minato! Stop playing with your gummy bears and animal crackers! If you want a snack, eat it,” Sakura sighed in exasperation. “I swear you’re more and more like your father everyday.”

“Sorry Mom,” Minato said sheepishly.

Here are two for now.
End of line.

#4 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:50 AM

Good drabbles KungFuTruffle and AchikaMiyu biggrin.gif I'll have a go as well.

“What were you doing at Victoria’s Secret without me!?” she yelled.

Naruto’s jaw began to open and close like a gasping fish as he tried to quickly make up an excuse. “I...I…I…was getting you a present for your birthday!”

“My birthday isn’t for six months”

“They were having a sale” he countered.

“The only time you care about a sale if it’s you get a free bowl for every tenth one you order at Ichirakus” she shot back.

Damn clever intrusive woman.

“You were preparing a new perverted jutsu right?”

“But it’d be awkward if I went through your drawer!”

He got another head-shot and took his opponent out.

“Orange Fox this is Black Bug, you’ve got an enemy approaching at two o’ clock. Thread carefully!”

He just needed to take the last person out and victory would be eminent! He had to move across the field and get the perfect sp—

BOOM! HEAD-SHOT!

“Point to Pink Wolf. Team Blue Wins!”

“Damn it Sakura, even if you’re a sniper you can’t camp! It’s not fair!!” Naruto said as he chucked his controller into the television screen.

“Oh please Naruto, you’re always a sore loser when we play Battlefield Bad Company”

“Oh God I’m hit! That’s it for me! To have lost and not loved at all is the ultimate tragedy”

“Naruto stop it already. You’ve been at it for seven straight days”

For the last week the dedicated boy had done everything he could to get Sakura to go out with him; whether it was singing, poetry, and playing the ukulele (with an audio tape).

“I can’t stop Sakura. I’ve been hit by Cupid’s benevolent arrow of love!”

“Since when does Cupid shoot an arrow through a person’s head?”

“It was the only one they had at the costume shop!”

“There is no way in hell you can convince me to go through that door”

Sakura sighed and rubbed her temples. “You’re twenty years old yet you are still scared of such a thing? Jeez some Hokage you are”

The noises behind the door were loud. Swiveling, clicking, drilling, thumping, and finally a gargle followed by a spit at the end. Naruto’s heart was pounding.

Just then the door opened and Naruto gave out a loud fearful shriek.

“Don’t worry mister, you get a lollipop at the end!” said the little kid as he walked out of the dentist’s office.

“No dude, yellow is the best!”

“Ugh, you have no taste. Blue with white stripes totally owns everything!”

“Man that is weak. I like them with etiquette. Little hearts or pretty bows; they have to show some class!”

Sakura raised an eyebrow as she walked into this very peculiar conversation. “Since when do you guys discuss fashion?”

Naruto and Kiba instantly shut up and began sweating profusely.

“Heyyy Sakura...we were just discussing about…uh...shirts!”

“Yeah what Kiba said. Just talking about which ones look best” as Naruto hunched his back.

Sakura smirked. “Then why are you hiding my womens' undergarment catalog?"

#5 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

Oh, these are very nice! Maybe I'll get into writing some again!

...so that means I'm on target for finishing one in April.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#6 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

Why not? Guess I'll give it a spin.

Here are my five for now. happy.gif

The fan hummed and rattled as they lay there.

There was an awkward silence as Naruto wondered what Sakura would say. Things were going to be different. He had to kill the silence and say something. Anything.

"...So... we're a ...couple now?"

Sakura turned her head and glared at him, and, for a moment, fear ran through him; Things were gonna be different.

But all those fears were cast aside when she yelled "You think I'm just easy or something?!" and knocked him off the bed with a swift kick to the face.

Oh, yeah, he thought, relieved, Nothing's changed.

He was bleeding. He was pretty sure he was bleeding. Yeah, it hurt; He couldn't see straight.

But he scanned around with one hazy eye and saw an unmistakable head of pink hair. She was close by... But lying on the ground.

"...Sakura," he called weakly, sure she couldn't hear him since he was so quiet. But he was surprised when, after a while, she replied in a shaky voice, "...I'm here."

She held out her hand for him, and he could feel cold fingers tracing his. He resonded and wrapped his hand around hers, and replied, "I'm here, too."

Sai smiled, setting the pink and red book down.

With a glance at his two friends sitting side-by-side at the river's edge, he poked his hand through his traveling bag and approached them quietly. They didn't notice when he stood right behind them. They're too wrapped up in each other, he thought, eyeing Naruto carefully.

He'd read about a legendary being named cupid who had the power to make someone fall in love with a shot from his arrows. But he thought, as Naruto jumped and spun around to punch him, that maybe a kunai couldn't do the same trick.

Naruto shifted his feet nervously.

He looked up at the wooden door like it was the scariest shinobi he'd ever faced. No way he could get past it.

Every time he reached up to knock, he'd curse and let his hand drop to his side.

Someone, hit me, he thought, feeling stupid for being intimidated by a thin block of finished wood.

When his nerves were steeled, he reached for the door again, and got hit in the face when it was opened by a surprised Sakura shouting, "Oh, you're here!"

And he didn't even have to knock after all.

He didn't want to be in here. He knew it was a bad idea. He could feel sweat beading on his brow and looked over his shoulder every now and then. God forbid he got caught in an adult magazine store.

Shikamaru had joined him and was scanning the shelves uninterestedly.

"Why're you in here again?" he asked, feigning interest. If anything, he just wanted to know what he'd have to put on Naruto's epitaph if Sakura ever found out.

"An-anniversary," Naruto curtly stuttered, flipping through the pages. "Wouldn't Sakura-chan look good in this?"

"Good in what?" Sakura asked coolly.

Edited by Froot, 12 February 2010 - 11:23 PM.

#7 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:39 AM

He had wondered, back when he had made all those attempts to gain her attention, had he not been cursed with childish awkwardness if he would have been received better. If he had acted more cool, collected and detached, would she have liked him then? Even now he was awkward around her, but realized, truthfully, it was only natural. In the presence of someone you care so deeply for, it’s only right to want to be the best, want to act the best, but fall short of perfection.

The point though, Naruto knew, was that he was willing to try.

She ducked as he attempted to grab her and, with the flexibility of a true kunoichi, twisted her body just so to remain out of arms reach.

“Nice try Uzumaki,” she called, the item of interest was given a teasing shake and he paused to scowl at her before lunging forward.

“You went too far Sakura-chan!” He whined, causing her to laugh as she retreated, putting a table between them.

It wasn’t every day that their kitchen became a battlefield of sorts, but when there was only one package of instant ramen left, Naruto was known to get extremely desperate.

“How the hell can you read that?”

Ino and Sakura, who had been leaning closely together over a magazine suspiciously called Cupid, looked up.

“How else is a girl supposed to know when they are in love?” Ino offered, and Naruto’s face scrunched up in distaste.

“You don’t need that, right Sakura-chan?” He asked, somewhat tentatively.

Sakura blinked innocently and answered, “You owe this magazine a lot, Naruto.”

A look of pure horror flashed across Naruto’s face.

With a laugh, Sakura reached over to take his hand. “No, Naruto, I didn’t need a magazine to tell me what was obvious.”

The moment she lied to him, she had felt sure that she had closed the door to his heart forever. Who would love her after that anyways? Her heart throbbed thinking of it; those feelings of comfort and joy, things she only felt around him, would have to be ignored. She expected that she had burned her last bridge, her last chance at happiness, and this time with a person who could truly complete her.

But she was wrong. He hadn’t stopped loving her, and nothing could make his heart close against her. That door was only open for her.

“Naruto, how did you come up with ideas for…you know,” Sakura asked one day when Konohamaru came to visit. The two perverts had immediately begun discussing additions to their sexy no jutsu, and she had finally voiced something she had wondered at.

The blonde stiffened, his face paling immediately, “I, uh-” he sputtered but Konohamaru cut in.

“Ecchi manga.”

In a moment, Naruto’s life flashed before his eyes, and all he could do was stare helplessly at his girlfriend (who didn’t seem to be blinking).

Another moment later and Sakura shrugged before going back to her book.

“Too easy.”

#8 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

The rest of my prompts for this week:

“Was Granny-Tsunade hitting the bottle when she assigned this?”

“Stop insulting your Hokage. As strange as it sounds, yes it is a valid mission. Somebody paid for this. Are you insulted that you have to do this mission with me?”

“Of course not Sakura-chan!” Naruto said. “Any reason to go on a date with you is fine by me, even if it’s for a mission.”

“Even if this is a mission, you better do you best to impress me.”

“Yes, ma’am!”

The Konohamaru corps watched the couple talking. They all smiled thinking this was worth the hundred ryou it cost.

He opened his eyes to see himself in a dark room with two doors. He figured that he had to go through one of these doors, but which one? The first door felt peaceful and comforting; the second felt wild and tumultuous. Naturally, he started to reach for the first door when a familiar voice coming from the second door stopped him.

“Naruto.”

She was calling his name. Without a second thought, he turned to the second door and opened it.

“Naruto! You’re back. I thought I’d lost you,” Sakura said biting back tears.

“You’d never lose me Sakura-chan. Never.”

“Okay, everything looks good so far. There are a few more tests left and then we’re done,” Sakura said. “Now Naruto, I want you to drop your pants.”

“What!”

“Doctor’s orders, now hop to it,” Sakura barked as she eyed her teammate meticulously following her command. “Good, now turn your head and cough.”

With a heavy blush, Naruto tried to put his pants back on.

“Keep your pants on. I’m not done with my examination of you,” Sakura said as she locked the door with a mischievous look. “I’m going to need some samples.”

It was Naruto’s best physical ever.

End of line.

#9 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

^ My favorite was Ecchi heheelq7.png

Very nice drabbles, everyone! wow.png Each one made me smile. happy.gif

Edited by Froot, 14 February 2010 - 08:16 PM.

#10 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

Wow, a lot of cool drabbles. biggrin.gif

KungFuTruffle, you were very fast. Unfortunately, none of your drabbles hit the 100 word mark. happy.gif;

This week's winner is True! Congratulations! He gets to choose the prompts for F-J! As soon as he posts them, the contest will begin again. smile.gif

Congratulations also go to Froot, Miss Soupy, and AchikaMiyu for getting all five and scoring exactly 100 words on all of them!

(I knew Ecchi would be a good prompt. heheelq7.png )

#11 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:50 AM

Whoot! Good drabbles everyone.

This week's prompt letters are:

Furious
Gamakichi
Hands
Intoxicate
Job

Good luck! happy.gif

#12 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:48 AM

Well, that will teach me not to rely on the word count function anymore. Turns out, it considers quotation marks words. err.gif

#13 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:49 AM

A man crept into a room careful to not trip any security devices. He slowly opened the drawer pulling out a small piece of cloth worth hundreds.

He smiled as he rubbed the sweet-smelling cloth on his face quickly grabbing more and shoving it into his duffel bag. Creeping back out the door went smoothly until he hit

a solid wall...with bright pink hair. He wasn't sure what happened next only remembering pain and a voice "NARUTO WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY LINGERIE!!!!". He

never saw her so furious, it was worth it though he thought while smiling.

Here's a drabble I made right before bed anyways tell me how you like it! tongue.gif

JLHza2T.png

#14 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Feb 19 2010, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that will teach me not to rely on the word count function anymore. Turns out, it considers quotation marks words. err.gif

How curious... What program were you using?

If you haven't got Microsoft Word, you can try this word count attachment for Firefox. You just have to highlight the text, and click the W icon in the bottom-right to see the number of words. Alternatively, you could install and use OpenOffice (Smiter approved). It's 100% free!

Now then, those prompts look good, True. biggrin.gif

#15 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

Naruto heard a loud crash outside his door, and put his arms up for defense.

Unfortunately, it was a habit he was slowly developing.

Ever since he got married to Sakura.

"Naruto! You took my last cookie!"

Naruto twitched slightly. He had defeated enemies from far and near, and had made a legacy in the shinobi world. But, only one woman could defeat him with emerald eyes and a dangerous smile.

Fortunately, he had discovered a way to calm his usually furious wife last month.

He sprinted forward, and kissed Sakura deeply. The lost chocolate chip cookie was immediately forgotten.

Gamakichi wandered around the Konoha streets, a small digital camera hanging around his neck.

He had lost a card game with his brother, and this was his punishment. To take a picture for Gamatatsu's new research project.

Teenage puberty. Humans, if possible.

And, then he was here, sparing a glance at every civilian that passed by him. He grumbled to himself, and decided to return home, when he spotted two teenagers walking together.

Naruto and Sakura.

Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

He snapped a picture, and was very satisfied.

Completely oblivious to the small flash behind him, Naruto gently squeezed Sakura's hand.

Naruto sniggered, and quickly scanned the page again. Sakura looked at him, an eyebrow raised.

"What's that, Naruto?"

"I saw this book in a market sale a few days ago, Sakura-chan."

"I swear, if you're following Kakashi-sensei's footsteps..."

"No, no! It's a compilation of lyrics from different love songs."

With that, he opened the book, cleared his throat, and raised his arms dramatically.

"The silence isn't so bad. 'Til I look at my hands and feel sad..."

"'Cause the spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly," Sakura said, grabbing his hands, and quickly kissing him, smiling silently.

"Naruto! What is that smell?"

"Sakura-chan! It... it must be the new air freshener! Yes, the air freshener you bought yesterday!"

"I don't remember buying any air freshener."

"Whatever it is, it would have to wait. I have an important mission right now."

"No, wait. It's definitely more than any air freshener. No freshener could smell so... so..."

"So, what, Sakura-chan?"

"So... intoxicating."

Naruto squeaked, his cheeks burning red. "I bought a new cologne yesterday! The bottle was orange!"

Sakura's eyes were half-lidded, as she sniffed the air around her. She smiled dangerously. "That was yours? Naruto-kun, come closer, please?"

Naruto groaned, stealing a glance at a wall clock.

It was three in the morning, and his paperwork just wouldn't disappear.

He felt too lazy. And he was distracted. Badly.

Sakura was sleeping in the couch beside him, her face peaceful.

Naruto looked at her with such love, a delightful feeling filling his chest. He promised to himself that he would protect her forever.

Then, he quickly looked away, his cheeks tinged pink. A distraction like that could cost him his job.

Four in the morning.

He pulled his hair in frustration. He would never get done at this rate.

---

Edited by Shadowmoon~, 19 February 2010 - 11:23 AM.

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

Wow. Great drabbles everyone! Really enjoying 'em happy.gif

Edit - 4 more posts >.>!

#17 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 19 2010, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How curious... What program were you using?

If you haven't got Microsoft Word, you can try this word count attachment for Firefox. You just have to highlight the text, and click the W icon in the bottom-right to see the number of words. Alternatively, you could install and use OpenOffice (Smiter approved). It's 100% free!
Now then, those prompts look good, True. biggrin.gif
I was using OpenOffice, actually. It seems to count certain punctuation as words. Doesn't matter, I found a simple online word counting program that seems more reliable.

"Eat your vegetables!"

"No!"

"Eat them!"

"No!"

"I said EAT THEM!"

"And I said NO!"

"You are such a baby!"

"Yeah, well, you're a total mom!"

"Just eat the freakin' vegetables!"

Sakura shook her head furiously. "No! No! No!"

Naruto sighed, slamming his head onto the counter. "You're always getting on my case about eating right, and now you won't?!"

"I don't care! I won't eat it! I won't, I won't, I won't!"

"If you don't, I'll make you!"

"Go ahead and try, fat head!"

The steamed broccoli on the table thought it best to stay out of the conversation.

"You are, without a doubt, the lamest Sage ever."

"Shut it, you stupid frog!"

Gamakichi grabbed Naruto with his tongue and threw him into the pond.

"I'm a toad, not a frog!"

Naruto sat up, sputtering. "Whatever! You shouldn't talk to the Sage like that!"

"And you shouldn't be spending all of your time thinking about girls!"

Naruto blushed. "I don't think about girls!"

Gamakichi nodded. "No, I guess you don't. You only think about one girl."

"I do not!"

"Then explain why your clones all look like Sakura!"

The hundreds of Sakura Clones had no answer for the toad.

Naruto shuddered slightly as Sakura ran her diagnostic on Naruto's arm.

"Your hands are cold."

Sakura nodded. "Yeah, they always are."

Naruto frowned. "You'd think Old Lady Tsunade would teach you some kind of hand warming jutsu."

Sakura smiled mischievously. "Who says she hasn't?"

Naruto's brow wrinkled. "Why don't you use it, then?"

Sakura's smile widened. "It's only for special occasions."

"Special occasions? Like what?"

"Oh, you'll find out later."

"Why later? I wanna know now!"

Sakura's grin was face splitting, all her teeth showing. "Oh, do you now?"

Naruto and Sakura were never allowed alone in the hospital again.

"Well hey, Sexy! Where you been all my life?!"

Naruto gaped at Sakura as she leaned against his doorframe.

"S-Sakura-chan?! What the hell?!"

"Hell? Hell is hot! So hot. I'm so hot. Aren't you hot, Naruto?"

"W-w-w-what?!"

Sakura tried to lean against him, but she fell into his arms instead. "Wow, walking is HARD! Hic!"

"Sakura-chan, you're drunk!"

"I am?! I had no idea!"

Naruto slammed his door, hoping no one had seen Sakura yet.

"What did you do?!"

"Well, Ino was there. And Sai. And drinks. Good drinks. Confidence drinks!"

"Damnit, Sai! I said no more stupid hookup plans!"

"I'm not wearing that."

"But Sakura-chan, you have to! It's part of the job! We're ninja, after all!"

"I don't care! I'm not wearing it!"

"We'll fail the mission if you don't!"

Sakura's eyes blazed as she grabbed the garment. "Whoever requested this mission is dead. Dead!"

Naruto breathed a sigh of relief as Sakura went into the dressing room. He wasn't sure who had requested the mission, but he would have to make sure to find the person and thank them before Sakura killed them. It wasn't every day you got to see Haruno Sakura in a bunny costume.

Edited by KungFuTruffle, 20 February 2010 - 04:07 AM.

#18 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

Here are three for now. More to come later.

He was furious. No, not just furious: frustrated. There she was wearing nothing but that revealing apron and a red bow in her hair but he wasn’t allowed to touch her. Why? Because that stupid apron had the words “Do not open until Christmas” written all over it and his delectable Sakura-chan wasn’t letting him open this present a day early.

So Naruto was left with no other option but to sit uncomfortably on the couch while he clawed impatiently at the seat cushions. However, once midnight struck Naruto was no longer furious anymore. Some things were worth waiting for.

Hopping back and forth between the front-lines and the medical ward, Gamakichi thought that he was delivering something important: something to tip the balance of the war. He was a bit perturbed when Sakura opened the scroll only to blush and giggle as if she were reading a scandalous love note.

Annoyed, he hopped back to his master with Sakura’s reply not even wanting to guess what the lovers wrote to each other. Whatever it was must have been good because upon reading the note, Naruto rushed into battle with a renewed vigor and ended the war well before dinnertime.

She watched Naruto hold their son as he cooed the newborn back to sleep. She had seen his hands do many things, but nothing was as touching as watching him with their child. It amazed her how her husband could wield such strength, wreaking havoc and destruction but was gentle enough to hold a baby with the utmost care.

Naruto put their son into his crib before turning to Sakura, “How are you feeling?”

“Tired, but happy,” Sakura said as she held her hand out to his, kissing his calloused fingers. “I love you Naruto.”

“I love you too Sakura-chan.”

End of line.

#19 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hurrah, I've got started! I still feel really rusty, though.

They say you can tell a lot about a person by looking at their hands.

Naruto believes that, because he never gets tired of Sakura’s hands.

Their movements are elegant, expressive, as Sakura chats about her day.

Her hands are capable of earth-shattering destruction, and healing life-threatening wounds.

But, to Naruto, those aren’t the most amazing things about her hands. No, it’s...

Sakura pats Naruto’s cheek.

“Hey, Naruto, are you listening to me?” Sakura asks, impishly.

He nods vigorously. Sakura simply chuckles, cupping his cheek.

What’s amazing is just how Sakura touches him in such a tender and loving way.

I'll try to write one more before I go to work.

#20 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:01 AM

Between the shots of tequila last night, Naruto was trying to remember how he ended up with a cat in his apartment. He was about to ask his neighbors about the cat when one of his neighbors got to him first and luckily for him it was hot girl he liked.

“Hi, I’m Sakura Haruno. I seem to be missing my cat, have you seen her?”

“Oh, you mean her?” Naruto said pointed to the mystery cat.

“There she is! Thanks. How can I ever repay you?”

Naruto would tell himself later that sometimes it was okay to get intoxicated.

When Sakura took the part-time job as a waitress at the diner, she didn’t think that she would meet a cute guy. But sure enough she did. His name was Naruto and he was one of those regulars who only sat at her tables and ordered the same thing every night. He would sit and chat with her when she wasn’t busy and stay until her shift was over. He also tipped well. Sakura originally planned on quitting once school started, but she decided that she couldn’t leave because she kept on wanting to see him: it was her job.

End of line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users