#1 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:59 AM

Bumping up the thread since I think we've crowded the Fic Listing thread enough with this thread's (maybe) C2 development at ff.net.

I think that it should have more than one admin in that case so that it's not simply about that person's tastes. I wouldn't be surprised if some people weren't too impressed with some of the fanfics in my list and I'm not always that impressed with other people's recommendations. Or maybe it could have multiple admins all sign off on a story.

That's not a bad idea. I'd staff for a C2 rather than be the sole administrator.

For the actual stories that gets listed... do you think we should allow everyone to cast their suggestions? Or let several staff members and readers take a vote on having it added? Or some other option which I can't quite think of at this moment...?

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#2 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Oct 30 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bumping up the thread since I think we've crowded the Fic Listing thread enough with this thread's (maybe) C2 development at ff.net.

That's not a bad idea. I'd staff for a C2 rather than be the sole administrator.

For the actual stories that gets listed... do you think we should allow everyone to cast their suggestions? Or let several staff members and readers take a vote on having it added? Or some other option which I can't quite think of at this moment...?

Simplest is best IMO.

Stick with a small staff (but at least three people) and stories would either be placed on by any admin or the admins could vote on it and a majority rule would determine which to add. (That's why it has to stay small.) We can take suggestions from this thread and from the fic listing thread since a lot of those are suggestions as well.

#3 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:20 AM

Okay! I updated the list with the newest additions. Sorry it took so long.

Aside from that, any news with the C2 development? Anybody want to join the staff? Anybody want to start the C2?

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#4 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Nov 6 2008, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay! I updated the list with the newest additions. Sorry it took so long.

Aside from that, any news with the C2 development? Anybody want to join the staff? Anybody want to start the C2?

I'm game on starting one up, but I'd like to be sure that we'll actually have one first. Anyone else interested in joining the staff? (I'm already assuming that you are, Lee.)

#5 CrashLanded

CrashLanded

One Cat To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Location:The land of the Monsoon and the Tiger and the Elephant.

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:42 AM

[unlurk]

I am game to be a staff member, as I have managed my own C2 for close to a year now.

[lurk]
QUOTE (The Dream Cat @ "A Dream Of A Thousand Cats")
"Many, many seasons ago, cats truly ruled the world.
We were larger then, and the whole world was created for our pleasure. We roamed as we would, taking what we wanted.
In those times, humans were tiny creatures, no larger than we are now.
And humans would groom us and feed us and pet us.
"

#6 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Nov 6 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm game on starting one up, but I'd like to be sure that we'll actually have one first. Anyone else interested in joining the staff? (I'm already assuming that you are, Lee.)

Yep, even though I've never staffed for a C2 (or created one) before. I probably won't respond the fastest to the stories, but I'll respond... eventually XD.

I suppose more development is in order before we actually set about creating it?

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#7 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:25 AM

I'm open to being a staff member as well. Heres to promising I won't spam the C2 with fics that aren't generally all that good. I suppose someone will have to approve it if we want to keep it an awesome C2.

So that means we really do need to get things planned out first. It'd be a waste to start something no one will contribute to, agreed? biggrin.gif

#8 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Nov 6 2008, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, even though I've never staffed for a C2 (or created one) before. I probably won't respond the fastest to the stories, but I'll respond... eventually XD.

I suppose more development is in order before we actually set about creating it?

I second that, PB.

Could I perhaps join the fray?
(Have a C2 that has just been sitting in old Fanfic-dust for AGES with nothing in it yet.
However, if we could get together an ample staff, I think I could dig it out of the ashes again...)

Edited by Gena kumo, 07 November 2008 - 06:59 AM.

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#9 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Gena kumo @ Nov 6 2008, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could I join the fray?
(Have a C2 that has just been sitting in old Fanfic-dust for AGES with nothing in it yet.
However, if we could get together an ample staff, I think I could dig it out of the ashes again...)

I don't think we're limiting who could join... but yeah, you could join happy.gif Right now we're still in the development stages, so nothing is for sure planned out yet.

So far there is no definite leader since this more of a group effort with everyone at equal standing unless someone wants to step up to the challenge. I'm just mostly jump starting conversation on the development. The thread here is sufficient for now, but when it grows, it's going to be a little hard to navigate around especially because of the character limit for the posts (1st post) and the amount of stories people will start recommending, which is kind of why I proposed a C2.

As for the actual C2, I think we're going to have mostly everything planned out before we either make a new one or revamp yours, Gena. Thanks for offering, though!

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#10 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:37 AM

Maybe I'm being naive, but how much planning is actually required?

1. We need a name.
  2. We need to have rules. I think the rules are basically a matter of how big of a staff that we want and how we determine which fics get added. I'm sure that there's something else because that seems too simple, but I'm drawing a blank.

As to those two points, I have some suggestions.

I'm fairly attached to the name Heaven & Earth. There are already at least two C2s with similar names, but I'd like some sort of variant of that. Maybe Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Shrine?

I think that it should be a small staff. At least three people and absolutely no more than ten. Seven's really pushing it IMO. It doesn't have to be an absolute number so we could have admins decide to leave or new ones join.

And we would select stories by a majority vote. Somebody nominates them - either because they've found the story themselves or because they saw it on the Fanfic thread or however. And then we vote. I think that the C2 would get a forum that we'd be able to keep to ourselves. Those of you that have C2s, can you confirm?

And we should probably be doing this discussion on another thread entirely so it doesn't bog down the recommendations thread either.

#11 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:46 AM

About the forum, I just checked out FF.net. It has an option that only allows Moderators (they can be invited) to create new topics. I'm not sure if it restricts who can actually post in each individual topic, though. If it doesn't work we might have to start a thread on H&E. a_plotting.gif

It would be understandable to name the C2 according to H&E. I'm pretty fond of Heaven and Earth as well. Very symbolic.

Agreed about moving the discussion. It'd be pretty frustrating to come along a page that barely has any fic recommendations.

#12 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Nov 7 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I'm being naive, but how much planning is actually required?

1. We need a name.
  2. We need to have rules. I think the rules are basically a matter of how big of a staff that we want and how we determine which fics get added. I'm sure that there's something else because that seems too simple, but I'm drawing a blank.

As to those two points, I have some suggestions.

I'm fairly attached to the name Heaven & Earth. There are already at least two C2s with similar names, but I'd like some sort of variant of that. Maybe Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Shrine?

I think that it should be a small staff. At least three people and absolutely no more than ten. Seven's really pushing it IMO. It doesn't have to be an absolute number so we could have admins decide to leave or new ones join.

And we would select stories by a majority vote. Somebody nominates them - either because they've found the story themselves or because they saw it on the Fanfic thread or however. And then we vote. I think that the C2 would get a forum that we'd be able to keep to ourselves. Those of you that have C2s, can you confirm?

And we should probably be doing this discussion on another thread entirely so it doesn't bog down the recommendations thread either.

Erm... yeah... sweatdrop.gif I mainly had the staff and how to add stories in mind when I wrote that. XD Nothing major like building a website.

The name thing for Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Shrine sounds good to me, anybody else agree? But for some reason when you mentioned being attached to the name H&E I had "A Piece of Heaven and Earth" float through my mind... I think I was thinking of cookies/ice cream or something... >.>

For the staff we so far have a few members that are also in for the fray:

1. CrashLanded
  2. peanutbutter126
  3. Gena kumo
The forum thing sounds interesting... I've never thinkered with FF's forum thing either...

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#13 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:39 AM

Hey I'm game for being staff too ( hope I'm not too late)
The title is perfect Onion on Fan.net I have a C2 called Heaven & Earth with some staff members & plenty of subscribers. I won't mind being the sole administer unless Nick already fulfill that role.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#14 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:44 PM

I haven't dibsed the admin spot yet if that's what you mean. biggrin.gif I forgot that we'd need to officially elevate somebody up a bit. I guess I did have myself in mind as sort of the unofficial admin, but I don't have my heart set on it. I noticed that Hopestar's C2 has fics listed by Add Date instead of Update Date. Is there a way to switch that default?

And I changed my mind a bit about the name. It shouldn't be shrine, but library. Shrine is usually a bit more all-encompassing for a website, including fanarts and stuff.

Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

Pieces of Heaven & Earth sounds good as well, but I think that I'd like NaruSaku or Naruto x Sakura in the title somewhere as well as the description.

#15 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

I practically live on fanfiction.net, so I'd be more than happy to help out. I'm pretty picky when it comes to NaruSaku stories though, and especially when it comes to spelling names right and the wordcount/chapter-ratio. Anyway, I'd be happy to help out!

#16 CrashLanded

CrashLanded

One Cat To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Location:The land of the Monsoon and the Tiger and the Elephant.

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Nov 9 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed that Hopestar's C2 has fics listed by Add Date instead of Update Date. Is there a way to switch that default?

[unlurk]

No, there is no way to change the default settings for sorting of fics in a C2. I'd have known as I've been looking for a way to get it done.

[lurk]
QUOTE (The Dream Cat @ "A Dream Of A Thousand Cats")
"Many, many seasons ago, cats truly ruled the world.
We were larger then, and the whole world was created for our pleasure. We roamed as we would, taking what we wanted.
In those times, humans were tiny creatures, no larger than we are now.
And humans would groom us and feed us and pet us.
"

#17 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:19 PM

Then that raises the question about exactly how much that matters. I'd prefer to have it sorted by date because the first fics that I'd nominate would likely be what I see as the easiest pics and best fics. So I don't want them automatically stuck at the bottom. If it's a matter of them being moved to the bottom because of date, that's different. And I'm reluctant to try and jigger the system and try to add them last. They'll get pushed down as new fics come around anyway. But sorting nominations by when they were posted sounds like a lot of work.

ETA: We have seven people interested which is getting to around the point where a larger group would be getting cumbersome in my opinion. So we should probably start working on getting it started and finalizing rules. I've gone ahead and created one to help force things into getting started and so I can get a bit more familiar with what can be done.

The name isn't final or anything (nor me being the admin). It's easy enough to reboot. But I don't think that we can use the forum feature to vote on adding stories. We can determine who can start threads, but anybody can read them. So it'll have to be done by e-mail or PM.

Edited by Nick Soapdish, 09 November 2008 - 08:39 PM.

#18 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Nov 9 2008, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then that raises the question about exactly how much that matters. I'd prefer to have it sorted by date because the first fics that I'd nominate would likely be what I see as the easiest pics and best fics. So I don't want them automatically stuck at the bottom. If it's a matter of them being moved to the bottom because of date, that's different. And I'm reluctant to try and jigger the system and try to add them last. They'll get pushed down as new fics come around anyway. But sorting nominations by when they were posted sounds like a lot of work.

ETA: We have seven people interested which is getting to around the point where a larger group would be getting cumbersome in my opinion. So we should probably start working on getting it started and finalizing rules. I've gone ahead and created one to help force things into getting started and so I can get a bit more familiar with what can be done.

The name isn't final or anything (nor me being the admin). It's easy enough to reboot. But I don't think that we can use the forum feature to vote on adding stories. We can determine who can start threads, but anybody can read them. So it'll have to be done by e-mail or PM.

Ah, cool. Is it immediately available on ff.net as of now?

For the voting thing, there's no way to keep the forums private?

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#19 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Nov 9 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, cool. Is it immediately available on ff.net as of now?

For the voting thing, there's no way to keep the forums private?

Oops. Yeah, here's the link.

Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

The description could probably use a bit of work if we're going to use this one. And I'm going to need some usernames for the rest of the staff. And if there's a way to keep the forums private, I'm not seeing it.

#20 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

I got a 404 when I tried subscribing to the C2, but I'm not sure why.
Anyway, on ff.net I'm VyseN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users