72 replies to this topic

#41 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:46 PM

Thank you for all your comments! ;~; I feel so loved. ♥

Anyway, back with some moar RaiRae~ 965 words of RaiRae, wut? XD Shauna gave me a keyword, Rai popped outta NOWHAR, and it just... happened. D:

There were nights when Rai could not sleep. Nowadays, there weren't many, but those nights were much more frequent when he was a teenager. He did not like his job as much as the other Forgotten did, and as such, often had trouble sleeping.

Rai the Storm, at age 23, could not sleep for the first time in years. He'd long since grown used to what he had to do, what he had chosen to do. It no longer gave him bad dreams and long-standing regrets. He knew what he was fated to do, and had accepted it.

So Rai Tanaka did not know why he couldn't sleep. He had tried, and it was 4 AM now, so he saw fit instead to wander the house-like dormitory that he shared with the other Forgotten. He found himself walking into the kitchen, bare feet padding quietly on the cold linoleum floor. He heard something shift, and his eyes darted up and around the room, settling on a familiar figure sitting on the windowsill. The decidedly feminine figure turned towards him, and his breath caught in his throat. He stared at her, unable to do much else.

Irae sat there, not five feet away from him. Propped up on the windowsill, one leg bent up against her chest with one hand curled around her knee and the other resting along the white, wooden surface, her foot resting against the wall. The lights were off in the kitchen and moonlight filtered through the large window. It made her hair shine and illuminated her skin where the light hit.

Even after all these years, he loved her. And in that moment, Rai was sure he'd never seen anything more beautiful than her. When the moment passes, he still thinks that. Her lips pull into a lazy smile, and Rai can breathe again. He hadn't even realized he was holding his breath. Sometimes, she had that affect on him.

“Rai,” She begins with quiet, amused words. “Can't sleep?” He takes a few moments to regain his composure, and Irae chuckles.

“Uh..” He swallows thickly. Why was he so nervous? He hadn't been so outwardly... Anxious around her in ages. Granted, he always was a little nervous around her. Always. "I.. Couldn't sleep, no.." His voice was quiet, but carefully controlled, as it always was when he spoke to her. Yes, he loved her. He has since he had first met her. But when that went nowhere, despite how hard he tried, Rai had become content to love her from a distance.

It hurt, but most things in this world do. It still did, a little bit, but he was used to it by now. He had learned to live with it, and--

"Rai." The Firestarter was standing in front of him, now. Waving a hand before his eyes. She was a little too close. When had she...

Irae laughs. There's a hand on his shoulder. Fingertips against the tanned skin there. It was a light, warm touch. She was always warm. Never hot, never burning. Not around him, or the other Forgotten. He stares at her, and his breath catches in his throat again. He was merely watching her. The amused smirk across her lips and her eyes. Bright as they stared up at him, despite the darkness of the room. The only light was the moonlight hitting her back.

And before he can stop himself, he's touching the side of her face. Fingertips moving against pale, flawed skin. Her eyes widen and the smirk disappears with something akin to shock. He notices, but does not move away as he usually would. Not really thinking about what exactly she can do to him. Not thinking at all, really. Just staring at the girl in front of him. The girl that has always been beautiful in his eyes.

Instead, he moves closer, an arm curling around her back and his other hand on her shoulder. Irae didn't push him away. It may be the fact that it was nearly 5 AM, or something much deeper. Deeper than anything she has the right to feel. It was something she had avoided, much like she avoided him. In a movement that she'll probably regret later, Irae herself moves closer.

Her hand brushes against his back in a feather-light movement. Not quite afraid, but still hesitant. It's uncharacteristic of her, and as she touches the back of his neck, she suddenly leans forward.

As her lips press against her own, and she feels Rai do the same, thoughts of regret and avoidance disappear completely. The hand that was previously on her face now runs through her hair, fingers clutching lightly at the pale-blond strands. Her own hands are grasping his shoulders, and she pushes against him lightly. Making him back up, and lean against a wall, next to the window she had been sitting in.

There was no time for thought or hesitations or what-ifs. No time for the regrets that were constantly gnawing at him. There was only this. This moment and the girl in front of him. She was all he could see.

Later, they would go out to her favorite ice cream parlor. The only one that was open at this hour. But for now...

Irae bit his lower lip, and he gasped. She murmured his name against flushed, heated skin. His hands clutched the white tanktop she wore, the fabric bunching up around his fingers. Those lips, warm and hot but never burning, moved along his neck, to his shoulder. And then Rai could not even think of this moment. His mind was blank, and there was only instinct and feeling.

The ice cream would wait a couple hours, and neither of them had a problem with that.

Nao, to finish other things I have started to write~ ♥

#42 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:37 AM

Dude.... ldskfjdk;fg;dfjg;dlfjglakdsfj;alsdkfj;lksdjf;aslkdfj

So awesome! @_@ I could SEE Irae on that WIndowsill! >.<

This pairing has spawned awesomeness in your writin's Yokokoko! wub.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#43 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

Sankyuu, Saku-chan. =D

Wierd thing I wrote with Rai and Irae. Again. XD; They ninjah my brain, man. D:

She never thought of things like contrast and colors. --Click here to view--
Heavy footsteps trudges in the white snow. Pale feet only clad in sandals never actually touch the ice-cold powder coating the ground. It melts around her feet, water cooling in the cold air. The sky was clear now, moonlight reflecting on pale skin and white snow. Blood dripped down her arm and off her fingertips. Down her chin, and onto the snow she walked through. It was a haunting contrast of red and black and pure white.

But she never thought of things like contrast and colors. She merely wanted to get home. To that cruddy, apartment that she lived in. However, that was a place far from here, and right now, the girl- a woman, really- didn't think she'd make it. Lightly flushed lips stretch into a bitter smile and she curses softly.

Now, if one would follow the trail of blood and footsteps the girl left, they would find scorch marks on the trees, and the distinct smell of something burned in the air. But she made sure she never had any witnesses. That was how she operated, and that was how she was sure everything was done correctly.

Then, the phone strapped to her belt went off. Huh. It hadn't broken. Spitting out some blood onto the snow, the blonde let that smile turn into a grin as she answered the phone without even looking to see who it was. She didn't get many calls.

"Takeshi~! To what would I the pleasure of this completely unexpected phonecall?" Her voice, though lower than usual yet still holding that biting, sarcastic quality that it always had, didn't crack. Nor would it reveal her current predicament to anyone.

When he speaks to her, she's not exactly paying attention. A few words stick here and there, something about her being late-- But she's a bit distracted watching the cut on her arm clot and the blood that had been dripping off of her fingers began to slow, then stop.

Takeshi then mentioned something about someone coming to get her, and then hung up. Something about having to find Kap and questioning her about the sudden lack of peanut butter. It didn't really matter. Irae sighs heavily and plops down into the snow, leaning against a tree. Blood smeared and soaked into the snow before the cold whiteness melted around her.

Her head is pounding and she feels much more tired than she ever should. Her eyes close. Irae stays like that for a while, and loses track of how much time has passed since Takeshi's call. Has it been five minutes? Ten? Thirty? She isn't sure.

There's someone shaking her shoulder. She isn't quite asleep, and barely awake. Opening her eyes only slightly, the first thing she sees is someone's face. Her vision is fuzzy, and she can't see much. When her vision clears, she notices that this person, who she assumes is male(his hands are larger than her own, fingers slightly rough against the bare skin of her shoulder) has tan skin and spiky hair and very, very worried blue eyes.

She laughs. It's a tired chuckle, but it sounds as if she honestly finds her situation amusing. "Rai," She murmurs, "What brings you all the way out here?" Irae hears him sigh, relieved. He speaks, but as with Takeshi, she can't remember all of what he says. Maybe it's not that she can't pay attention, but more that she's exhasuted and bleeding and bruised and just hurt and tired in general.

Irae is aware that he picks her up and begins walking towards the exit of the forest. She never sees if they make it out, but assumes so. She was warm and comfortable, despite the pain that still lingered in the back of her mind. That's all Irae remembers, before she falls asleep.

8D

#44 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

You are making me become UBER addicted to this pairing woman! XD

THIS LATEST ENTRY WAS EPIC WIN! a_dance.gif

I just lurrvve the way that you write/use descriptions wub.gif

#45 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:23 AM

I seriously can't stop writing RaiRae. D: what is wrong with me.

In this particular ficlet, Irae is fifteen, and Rai is... uh... Nineteen, if memory serves correctly. 8D It was fun writing younger Irae. ♥

Written with this song on constant loop. D: It's a pretty song.
Are you alright? --Click here to view--

"You okay?"

Irae sat there for a few moments, what was once a building, a city, turned into burnt-out shells of what was, surrounding her. The blackness was slowly fading away from her vision, that dark tint to her world disappearing. The voices were getting quieter, calming down.

She speaks without meaning to, an automated response to a question she's heard time and time again. "'m fine..." The firestarter murmurs, before placing her hands on the ash-covered ground and pushing herself up.

When she managed to stand, hands covered in ashes and splattered with blood(Her own hands, though it takes her a few moments to realize this) brush something nonexistent off her vest. Glancing briefly at Rai and wondering what the hell he's doing there, Irae walks past him, muttering something about getting back home.

Then, she stops, because Rai grabs her arm. "Hey!" She hears him say, and looks back at him with dull, worn out eyes. Though she often got a... high, or buzz from what she did, it had long worn off. This was the crash, and Irae was, quite obviously, exhausted. "Are you alright?" The older man asks, eyes narrowed and oddly bright, shining with worry and concern.

She stares at him for a few moments. Enough for Rai to have second thoughts about being so forward with her, enough to make him doubt himself. About what, he's not sure. He wonders why her skin is so warm, but if he's touched her before he would've noticed it, before. Which means this is his first time really touching her, really interacting with her. This girl he claims to care for, so much. And if this is indeed the first time, then why does he--

"Tanaka, you're thinking too much." The fifteen year-old sighed, "Again. I'm fine.." She wondered why he was so worried. Why was he here? It was a question that for some reason, she didn't dare ask. This was her mission and she'd succeeded, so she wasn't sure if she cared if he was here or not. She was a little curious, however.

"Either way, why are you here?" So much for questions she didn't dare ask. The curiosity came out in the look that she gave him then, expectant and almost childish. She was a child, really... One that grew up much too quickly. Thinking about the question, Rai realized he wasn't sure.

"I, uh..." He blushed a little, and she blinked. "I'm... Not sure, really."

Another blink.

A few moments pass, and Irae sighs, places a hand to her forehead, and...

Then she laughs. It's not a dangerous laugh, nor is it mocking, or creepy. It's a lighthearted, happy laugh. Rai thinks it's a wonderful sound. It doesn't last long, but she looks at him, and smiles.

That grin of a smile is the first of its kind that he's seen from her. He cannot help but smile in return.

"You're a piece of work, Tanaka..." She chuckles. "There's nothing more to do here, let's go." When she walks past him this time, there's more energy in her step. "And if you're wondering, I am fine. Just a little worn out. I need ice cream..."

And there is nothing more he can do but follow her, still smiling.

#46 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

Ohgoodgawd, I wrote something that ISN'T RaiRae. The world will explode nao. 8D

Takeshi-centric. Hoping I did Takeshi justice, since I don't write him often. If at all. D:

While Takeshi carried a sword with him almost all the time, he rather enjoyed a more hands-on approach to what he did. The girl beneath him gasped and struggled under him as his hands grasped her neck. Who she was, he didn't know. He didn't care.

Her skin was soft and pliable, it bruised easily and offered little resistance. He could feel her pulse under his palm, quickened from fear. Long, dark hair fanned out underneath her. This girl who was soft and only slightly curvy and too thin for his tastes and quite honestly, looked spoiled. Spoiled and rich and very annoying.

The way she'd smiled at him upon their meeting had bothered him more than it should've. The way she fluttered her eyelashes and murmured quiet words that he really didn't process because within the next moment, he'd already thrown her through the window. For a moment, as he walked towards her, he thought she reminded him of someone. But he wasn't sure of who, and it was too late now to think about as broken glass crunched under his feet.

She was bleeding slightly, cuts and scratches along her bare arms and face. He wasn't interested in blood, however. Her eyes were a deep cerulean blue. They were amazingly bright as she clutched at his arms uselessly, trying so desperately to get free. And then, those eyes that he thought were disgusting much like the rest of her, almost glowed. Lit up with terror and desperation and a multitude of other things he could not even begin to decipher.

And then she went limp. That amazing, beautiful light in her eyes faded. Takeshi frowned as the world around him faded into existence.

He blinked a few times and nearly jumped when a slender hand brushed his shoulder. "Takeshi," A feminine voice murmured, though it was a little rough around the edges, and very familiar.

"What have you done now?" A sigh, and the woman standing behind him shifted her weight to her right foot. He knew this because she was familiar to him, and that extended to her mannerisms. "It's hardly fair that you can just do whatever you want most of the time.."

He looked up at her and grinned a little. "This is rather far from the ice cream stand, Irae." Takeshi slowly stood, "What're you doing here?"

Irae the Wildfire rolled slightly amused, grey eyes at him, before glancing over his shoulder. "Oooh, I hope she wasn't important!"

It was an odd conversation and anyone listening or watching would've called them insane or psychotic or in need of desperate help. Or all of the above. They spoke of lots of things like ice cream, murder, the pros and cons of melee combat versus just burning opponents, Kap and gummi-bear-skittles-cake, before Irae decided that she came here for a REASON.

"Oh! Takeshi. I came to get you 'cause the asshole has summoned you for Akumaknowswhatreason." She grinned, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some more ice cream to force Rai into buying me~"

The 'asshole' was obviously Tanaka. Irae had always hated him just a little more than everyone else, and no one quite knew why. With a sigh, he headed towards the palace. Castle. Thing. Building-of-Importance.

It was on days like these that he wondered that why, as one of the Forgotten, they rarely got holidays.

Just wasn't fair, and for such unstable individuals and their time-bomb of a leader, mental health days were key. Or so one would think.

Either way, it couldn't be helped. But that's the way things were, and they all dealt with it in their own way. Some of them murdered people only occasionally, and others made certain other people buy them ice cream.

It all made perfect sense.

To them, anyway.

#47 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

You did him plenty of justice. XDDDDDDD

Dude. Baller drabble. I love all your stuff fer cereal. XD wub.gif

#48 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:03 PM

Because everyone who creates a character that they love needs to eventually kill them off, or figure out a way to see their death. Granted, I'm not sure this is it, but it certainly was an attempt. :3

That said, character death ahead, kiddies. No happy endings here~

'Shut up and listen, alright?' --Click here to view--
His arms clutched her shoulders with trembling hands that couldn't feel the heat that she always had, the warmth that he'd always associated with her. It was barely there, fading with the excess amount of blood she was losing. The blood that tainted her lips and the white marble floor beneath her, scorched and crumbled.

Irae the Wildfire was dying, and Rai could not bring himself to move.

He stared down at her, his eyes wide, though still filled with blackness. Time stood still for him, even as his fingertips became stained red with the blood of the woman he loved. He did not even notice the burnt remains of something that looked like it had maybe once been alive at some point. All he saw was Irae and her blood and how it just kept flowing and the heat that was rapidly fading.

"You're... Doing it again, Rai."

He blinked, having barely heard it. It was so quiet, nearly inaudible. She chuckled, and more blood dripped down from her lips. Irae was staring at him, her grey eyes bright with something he could not understand.

"I-Irae! You shouldn't--"

Then, she laughed. She laughed at him, even though she clearly should not have the strength to do so. "What? I shouldn't speak, so that I might live? That's bullshit, Rai. And you know it." He opened his mouth to protest, to even pretend to hope that she would, when a slender, bloodied hand touched the side of his face. It wasn't a caressing touch. Her hand was shaking and pale and it was weak and so, so unlike her.

It was wrong, even as she smiled at him.

"Just... Shut up and listen, alright?" These were quiet, murmured words. But he could not go against them, even as he strained to hear them. And so she spoke and told him things to tell the others. Well, just Kap and Takeshi, because they both knew that they were the only ones left. Blood smeared on his cheek as her hand moved slightly, struggling to keep itself where it was.

And then finally, she spoke, addressing him, and him alone. "If you fucking cry, I'll kill you, I swear. So don't even think about it, asshole." Irae did not give him a reason. She merely spoke with conviction and certainty, as she always has. Trails of blood were left on his skin as her hand moved, touching the back of his neck.

"And.." She coughed, and Irae smiled again, gray eyes too bright for what they both knew what was to come. "I wanted to tell you," Her voice was getting quieter, so he had to lean forward to hear her. "...I"m sorry, Rai." She apologized, something she had never done. For all the pain she'd caused him, for everything that was wrong with her. For dying on him, for failing him, and everyone that was stupid enough to care about her. For the way she was, even though he loved every part of it. For... Everything.

The warmth was gone, even as Rai held her tightly, clinging to this girl who had been such a huge part of his life. Such a huge part of him. His hands grasping the bloodstained shirt she wore with trembling fingers.

He did not scream. Tears welled over and spilled, inky blackness splashing on Irae's shoulders. The walls around them broke apart, flinging themselves in different directions, simply leaving the section of floor that they sat on. The room had been utterly destroyed, fueled by grief.

Irae was dead, and he could do nothing. He couldn't even move. And so he didn't, not for several hours. When he finally carried her back, it took him twice the amount of time to let her go.

After the body was eventually taken away, Rai found himself at the ice cream parlor. The one that had become so familiar to him. Though it was well after midnight, he'd managed to get the door unlocked. It was quite simple for one such as him. As he sat down at his and Irae's usual spot, something happened. It was not pretty, and it was not tragically poetic. Rai crumbled. He covered his head with his arms, his hair fisted in his own bloodied hands.

And he finally screamed. There were no words, simply wordless agony and outrage. Rai was not thinking, for the first time in his life. In this moment, he was positive that he would never stop screaming.

Because Irae was still dead. And for all his strength, his status and ranking, nothing he did could bring her back. For all his power, he was absolutely useless when it really mattered. He could not save Irae. And in his eyes, That meant to him, that he was little more than an absolute failure.

Nao to write something possibly moar violent. Or cracky. 8D

*scuttles off*

#49 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:23 PM

;________;

WAH IRAE! shamefulcry0js.gif

The part that really got me was when Rai went into the icecream parlor. He and Irae's usual hangout ;_;

This was an EPIC deathfic, Mel! 8D
Well-written and the emotions of Irae's death scene, and how Rai handles it afterward really grips the reader. I loved it! <33

#50 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:39 AM

HOLY FAWK.

>All he saw was Irae and her blood and how it just kept flowing and the heat that was rapidly fading.
you seriously have no idea how much I love overflowing sentences like these, woman. The build potential that these little gems can possess; they make everything just build and build and build until you're left to catch your breath afterwards.

just like how you did here and a few more times. Omfg, leaves me wanting more detail and descriptors. Gah <3

>"You're... Doing it again, Rai."
is... it weird that I think I heard her say that? Like in a raspy, breathy tone. A small pause after 'you're' -- a breath -- and then the rest. Kinda like deep velvet? Ho snap.

Y'know it makes me wonder what you imagine Irae's voice to be like, Yokochyan, cuz seriously you should fund the crap out of her. Do it.

>The room had been utterly destroyed, fueled by grief.
YOU GET TWO OF MY INTERNET BABIES FOR THAT LINE. JEEEZZZZZZZ you described a whole background transition in ONE SENTENCE.

I AM NOT WORTHY D;

> <insert Rai>
OMFG RAI. ;_;

like shaunama said, I couldn't help but to bite my lip as soon as Rai "found" himself at the ice cream parlor. I knew as soon as you told me what the main clincher was in this small drabble, I wouldn't be able to handle the grief Rai goes through. Seriously I lost it back when he was wandering around in the rain. That time Irae held him together y'know? Now though.. no ones there for him. Not anymore anyway.

And now? Seeing him in that ice cream parlor, dead time, alone. Just.. baw. You made me baw. Baw damnit! He can't even cry because he knows that if he does IRAE WON'T KICK HIS ASS. God the one comfort Rai could have in crying, the one piece of false hope he could have is nonexistant because Irae... can't keep her promise.

Baaaw this was so emoliciously awesome. Ilu yokochyan, never change, moar, ect ect. ;_;

#51 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

... KriskIloveyou. ;______________;

Thank you for the EPIC COMMENT OF EPIC. It was interesting to write, and I do so love torturing Rai. XDDD I'll write some normal RaiRae latar. >.>! I'm glad you liked it so much! 8D I was worried that it was too over the top. xD Or something, I dunno, I just woke up. D:

#52 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:16 AM

... Irae... DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

;____________________________________________________;

I like how she still has her pride at the end. Not confessing. Like she still cares about her image in some sort of futile way which serves to ease Rai at least a little bit. It's beautiful. >w<

#53 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:31 AM

Thanks so much Saku! 8D I wasn't quite sure what I was going for with the apology, but Irae's not so girly that she needs to tell him, because he knows. I think he always has, even though sometimes it's not quite enough. They're both very flawed, and that's what I love about them. ♥

Now, for something a little more lighthearted. 8D Keyword is in the spoiler tag, and I have another one to write. :3 Hope I can keep up with my current list!

"What are you afraid of?"

Rai blinked, looking over at the girl who was on the other end of the couch, only to find out she was right next to him. Sitting way too close, giving reason to his sudden jumping and the almost girlishly high squeak-yelp sound that escaped him.

They had been watching TV, but nothing was on. It wasn't really a day off, there was just nothing much to do, and hanging around a bored Takeshi and hyper Kap usually got them in trouble. Not that they weren't usually in trouble. And Irae actually preferred to be in trouble, so Rai wasn't too sure why she was here. Maybe Takeshi had insisted that she buy her own ice cream instead of--

"Rai! Pay attention," She sighed. "Answer the question... You need me to repeat it?"

... Question? There was a question? Wait, backtrack... Oh, right! That question. With a blink, Rai formed the opinion that the particular question she had asked him made no sense. For her, anyway.

"Afraid of?"

Her lips tugged upwards in a strange smirk. Almost dangerous, confident and somewhat amused. He blinked, and she had moved closer. Rai tries to back away, but only ends up pressing his back into the one of the uncomfortable armrests. Nowhere left to escape to. He hears her chuckle, placing one hand just over his jawline, and the other resting at the back of his neck. Her eyes were half closed, that amused glint in them never leaving.

He didn't notice that her legs moved over his own, until she was sitting over him. "What," She murmured, leaning in close, lips next to his ear. "Do you fear, Rai?"

"Do you fear death? Loss? Or... " Those very same lips brushed the shell of his ear, and he shivered. All Irae did was chuckle. One hand moved from his face, and grasped lightly at his hair. "Do you fear me, Rai?" This was a whisper, breath wafting over the back of his neck.

Rai, with his face slightly flushed, swallowed thickly. "... No, I don't." He didn't. Not really. While well aware of her abilities and what she could do, he was never truly scared of her. Never terrified.

Though confused, Irae shifts on top of him, and instead trails a hand down his arm, stopping at the scars along his left forearm. The scars she'd given him. "That's stupid, Rai.." Her eyes never left his as she spoke.

Despite the sitution, Rai was able to let out a strange-sounding laugh. It only proved to further confuse Irae, though his eyes stared at her with a gentleness she could not comprehend. She almost moved away from him when he touched her face for a moment, then allowed his fingers to tangle themselves in her hair.

"Yeah, I know." He was smiling and his eyes were looking at her with that stupid gentleness and he was going to say something else. Something he'd regret, and something she couldn't handle.

"You still haven't answered my question, Rai..." Her lips grazed his cheek and she shifted, her legs resting on either side of him. That smirk was there again, fingers pressing against his shoulderblades through the t-shirt he wore.

"That's..." And he was nervous again, almost squirming and skin flushed. "... Because I don't know. If I'm really afraid of all that much.." He still wanted to say something, so he opened his mouth to speak.

Only to have his head shoved back against the couch, a biting kiss placed on his lips. It was rough and sortof painful. It almost burned him, with the desperation fueling it. Rai wasn't sure, really. But he wasn't one to complain.

She pressed against him, her mouth now moving across his neck. Her fingertips burned through the back of his shirt but he really, wasn't worried about that. Then he heard a tearing, and those burning fingertips were on his shoulderblades. So, he just decided to ditch the shirt before she ended up burning the house down. Or, that's what he told himself.

Her fingernails trailed down his sides and he shivered. Rai heard her chuckle, and then, he lost himself. His eyes were closed and there was only the heat that came so close to burning him, the smell of ashes tainted by something a little more metallic, and all the imperfections he'd managed to find scattered along her very flawed skin.

It was intoxicating, all his senses filled with her, and only her. He'd forgotten what he wanted to say, because there was only her, and it couldn't have been that important.

#54 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:43 AM

"It can't have been that important."

XDDDDDDDD

Good Man. Never inturrupts.

I imagined Irae's initial questioning face very well. XD The mood was portrayed awesomely. :3

#55 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

... I regret not checking back on this thread. You write too many awesome things, Yoko. D:

I'mveryfondofdeathficsandwouldn'tmindifyouwrotemore >.>

I don't really know these RP characters you're writing, but the way you portray them gives me enough insight of their characters. I seem to like Takeshi the most. XD

Phobia was really interesting! I think you switched between tenses there, though. I think it went from past tense to present tense in one of the paragraphs and back to past tense. XD; I especially liked the last paragraph for some reason. I'm keeping my eye on this thread from now on! wow.png

#56 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:05 AM

Okay, this is something I... started, and Compy finished. So really, it's co-written. I did the beginning, he finished it. 8D I edited. Anyway, death and violence lie ahead~

It's a little over 700 words. Not too long. :3
Author(s): Yoko, Recompense40
Fandom: Airship Siren RPG
Characters: Sakura, Takeshi
Warnings: Language, violence, character death
Wordcount: 715

Read moooooaaar~ --Click here to view--
A black limo pulled up beside a large cemetery. It was the graveyard that was kept behind the temple. Countless tombstones laid upon the grass. From Children to battle-hardened veterans, they were all kept here. Under soil, in perfect rows. Betraying the chaotic rule that this city was once kept under.

The driver stepped outside, opening the passenger door, letting the lone occupant exit. Sakura. One of the strongest mages ever known, and Leader of the Empire of Sun. "It looks like rain, Lady Sakura," Her driver murmured, moving back to get inside the car. "Be careful."

Sakura nodded, offering a quiet, "I will," In reply. The man nodded, silver-blond locks of hair obscuring his eyes as his head lowered. He drove off without another word. She turned stormy blue eyes upon the cemetery. Takeshi had called her here, explaining that there was something he needed to show her.

But why here? The war had ended two years ago, and all was at peace now. There were losses on both sides, but it was worth it. For the peace they've attained. Wondering where the former leader of the now disbanded Forgotten Seven was, she wandered forward, her steps quiet over the well-kept grass.

There were several tombstones that were larger than the others, kept in a group. Upon closer inspection, there were white flowers set upon each of them. They were small bunches of roses. Without really knowing why, Sakura knelt in front of one of the six tombstones, a tanned finger brushing over the engraved words there.

Ryu the Intangible. The first of the Forgotten Seven to die in the war between Empire of the Sun, and Evil Fire. Even though, back then it wasn't yet a war. Alongside the flowers laid a small zippo lighter. When she reached down to grab it, she noticed a small splatter of red liquid on the tombstone.

It hadn't been there before.

Blue eyes widen before he even speaks, and she looks down to see a blade protruding from the right side of her chest. That same red liquid dripped down from her chin. She knows who it is, even though he hadn't said a word.

“You know why you deserve this. You took from me myself. You twisted me into…" She could hear his disgust, his loathing. And it tore at her deeper than the blade he had struck her with. "Into your fucking pet dog. You and your damned goddess.”

The blade ripped out of her. She turned with the force of the blow, blood splattering across the ground. She coughed, the blade had penetrated her lungs, she could feel the blood rushing in. Time slowed down, blue eyes met wolf-yellow.

Her arm is raised before her, blue sparks of raw magic flying from her fingertips to strike him, paths of electricity arced across his skin, flesh bubbling and burning as the magic passed through him, smoke hissing up into the air.

And then it was his turn. The blade reared back before snapping forward like a viper. She tried to gasp, but it was more of a gurgle as blood was coughed up her throat. His foot lashed out, kicking her off his sword. She staggered and fell backwards, falling ungracefully on the grave. Her back made a thudding sound as it hit the grave marker. Her mind went back, remembering him, remembering the beast that he had been, had always been. Even when he’d been turned by her goddess, it had been lurking. Waiting.

And now it had struck.

He leaned down, a cold look on that face that had once looked at her so warmly.

"Sweetie," His voice was deceptively kind, mocking the way that he had always spoken to her until now. "I want a fucking divorce.”

Tears streamed down her face, tears of shame, betrayal, and pain.

He twisted the blade once before walking away, disappearing into the fog that had overtaken her line of sight. Dulled blue eyes stare at the sky, unable to even flinch at the raindrops that had begun to fall. Soon enough there was a steady rainfall, water mixing with blood.

Everything felt… Heavy.

Empress of the Empire of Sun, Sakura, died that cold morning in a graveyard.

Takeshi Ukuzushi was never seen again.

#57 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

Okay, this is something I... started, and Compy finished. So really, it\'s co-written. I did the beginning, he finished it. 8D I edited. Anyway, death and violence lie ahead~

It\'s a little over 700 words. Not too long. :3

Read moooooaaar~ --Click here to view--
A black limo pulled up beside a large cemetery. It was the graveyard that was kept behind the temple. Countless tombstones laid upon the grass. From Children to battle-hardened veterans, they were all kept here. Under soil, in perfect rows. Betraying the chaotic rule that this city was once kept under.

The driver stepped outside, opening the passenger door, letting the lone occupant exit. Sakura. One of the strongest mages ever known, and Leader of the Empire of Sun. \"It looks like rain, Lady Sakura,\" Her driver murmured, moving back to get inside the car. \"Be careful.\"

Sakura nodded, offering a quiet, \"I will,\" In reply. The man nodded, silver-blond locks of hair obscuring his eyes as his head lowered. He drove off without another word. She turned stormy blue eyes upon the cemetery. Takeshi had called her here, explaining that there was something he needed to show her.

But why here? The war had ended two years ago, and all was a peace now. There were losses on both sides, but it was worth it. For the peace they\'ve attained. Wondering where the former leader of the now disbanded Forgotten Seven was, she wandered forward, her steps quiet over the well-kept grass.

There were several tombstones that were larger than the others, kept in a group. Upon closer inspection, there were white flowers set upon each of them. They were small bunches of roses. Without really knowing why, Sakura knelt in front of one of the six tombstones, a tanned finger brushing over the engraved words there.

Ryu the Intangible. The first of the Forgotten Seven to die in the war between Empire of the Sun, and Evil Fire. Even though, back then it wasn\'t yet a war. Alongside the flowers laid a small zippo lighter. When she reached down to grab it, she noticed a small splatter of red liquid on the tombstone.

It hadn\'t been there before.

Blue eyes widen before he even speaks, and she looks down to see a blade protruding from the right side of her chest. That same red liquid dripped down from her chin. She knows who it is, even though he hadn\'t said a word.

“You know why you deserve this. You took from me myself. You twisted me into…\" She could hear his disgust, his loathing. And it tore at her deeper than the blade he had struck her with. \"Into your kittening pet dog. You and your damned goddess.”

The blade ripped out of her. She turned with the force of the blow, blood splattering across the ground. She coughed, the blade had penetrated her lungs, she could feel the blood rushing in. Time slowed down, blue eyes met wolf-yellow.

Her arm is raised before her, blue sparks of raw magic flying from her fingertips to strike him, paths of electricity arced across his skin, flesh bubbling and burning as the magic passed through him, smoke hissing up into the air.

And then it was his turn. The blade reared back before snapping forward like a viper. She tried to gasp, but it was more of a gurgle as blood was coughed up her throat. His foot lashed out, kicking her off his sword. She staggered and fell backwards, falling ungracefully on the grave. Her back made a thudding sound as it hit the grave marker. Her mind went back, remembering him, remembering the beast that he had been, had always been. Even when he’d been turned by her goddess, it had been lurking. Waiting.

And now it had struck.

He leaned down, a cold look on that face that had once looked at her so warmly.

\"Sweetie,\" His voice was deceptively kind, mocking the way that he had always spoken to her until now. \"I want a kittening divorce.”

Tears streamed down her face, tears of shame, betrayal, and pain.

He twisted the blade once before walking away, disappearing into the fog that had overtaken her line of sight. Dulled blue eyes stare at the sky, unable to even flinch at the raindrops that had begun to fall. Soon enough there was a steady rainfall, water mixing with blood.

Everything felt… Heavy.

Empress of the Empire of Sun, Sakura, died that cold morning in a graveyard.

Takeshi Ukuzushi was never seen again.

arg.gif

Yoko-chan and Compy-kun...

That was very beautiful! laugh.gif

Though it was short, I felt like I was there.

Seriously.

Very beautiful, I say! a_thumbs.gif

I never expected that twist in the end.

Really.

I expected death, like you said in the beginning, but not her death.

Both of you wrote it so well, that I was simply awestruck!

Great job, you two! Please continue! wow.png

---

Did Sakura have blue eyes in your story?

I imagined her as the girl in my signature.

biggrin.gif

---

---Moon 111191.gif

Edited by Shadowmoon~, 06 September 2009 - 08:24 AM.

#58 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

Thank you, Moonie~ 8D Yes, Sakura has blue eyes, but dark brown hair. Not pink. She's Shauna's character. xD Takeshi is Compy's. =D Either way, I'm glad you liked it so much! ♥

#59 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:15 PM

wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif

Ho-ly Sh*t.

That was awesome. Seriously. It was so well described I felt as if I could draw that scene. FFFFFFFF

Yoko! You're a writing BEAST! a_spaz.gif

#60 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:20 PM

Yoko... YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A WRITTER!!! wow.png

Good Job! a_thumbs.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic