• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

#121 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:22 AM

Well, It never happens to me. Not to the extent that you're talking about at least. I pride myself as being a good judge of story since mostly I can tell wether or not the fanfic gonna be bad or not just by reading the first chapter.

The only time I "read" a bad Narusaku fic was only to go straight to the review button and chew on the author.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#122 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (grimmalice @ Jan 26 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, I didn’t think a thread like this existed.

I'm here to defend my fic "Alone I Suffer" since it seems so many of you claim I'm a Sakura-basher.

Before I start this I want to make it clear that I'm one of the biggest NaruXSakura fans among my ff.net author's circle, and had I kept my story "Tainted Heart" posted on ff.net you would realize this. I took it down for heavy revision.

Now first I need to clarify some things that someone mentioned earlier.

One of you mentioned that I had Sakura in the search feature for my fic.

bullsh**.

I left the search filter blank from the beginning knowing that I wasn’t sure who i was going to have Naruto be with, so if you saw it when u searched for Naru/Saku perhaps since it was undecided it got thrown in with ur results. Otherwise I have no explanation.

With that being said, did ANY of you read my summary? I'll refresh your memory on it.

"Naruto and Sakura's relationship was looking up until he finally retrieved Sasuke. Not long after he finds out their secret behind his back and leaves the village vowing to never love again.3 years later he returns. NarutoX???. M for future LEMONS."

That's pretty close to how my summary before my last update...I guess the ??? could be confused for Sakura...yeah.

Now to address the issue with Sakura being WAY too OOC (this one makes me smile).

For those who have read my first few chapters, I make it very clear that Naruto brought Sasuke back after already dating Sakura for 3 months. As much as their relationship may of been building into something meaningful, I think most would agree with me that its still not a big leap of time in terms of commitment. Yes they kissed, yes they made out and fooled around like "teenagers" do.

Teenagers. <---key word in "reading underneath the underneath"

I haven’t planned yet how to reveal it, since I presume alot of my fans are smart enough to realize this, but I guess I'll spell it out.

Sasuke seduced her.

Now I know many people are saying "Wow that’s such BS! Sakura-chan would never fall for something like that! She lubs Naruto-kun 2 much SHANAROOOO *sp*". Now here are some of my reasons why it is possible:

1. Sasuke was her first love; even if she was immature she was still willing to even leave the village to follow him. As much as I want Sakura to be with Naruto in the canon I still cant shake something like that will prevent it.

2. Sasuke as we all know is a jealous type. He was jealous when Naruto was seemingly becoming stronger and this is no different. He sees the girl who was swooning over him in those earlier years and now sees her with the "dead-last" and it makes him mad. He always needs to be stronger then Naruto, and if he can find any way to do that(eg. betray the village for power blah blah blah) he will take it, even going as low as to steal Sakura away IMO to get at him.

3. Sakura may be very strong willed and not the type cheat on anyone, but in the end like anyone she is human, which if you had the fact that shes also a teenager and at the time a virgin, I think you can understand. You have to keep in mind the Naruto caught them having sex for their FIRST time, which means she held off such acts for that long until finally falling short.

4. It needed to be done for this fic. I didn't realize until a friend pointed it out that this could be construed as "bashing" a character. In reality that never crossed my mind. I figured, like most authors, that plot devices and things of that nature were just part of the art of writing. I didn’t think people would take it personal. Now I found where your all hiding mwhahaha.

I have at least a dozen more reasons I could use to counter most flamers about why I'm a kitten for doing what I did, but I'm actually trying to finish writing my next chapter as we speak hehe.

I really didn’t mean for this to sound so angry and cold hearted, but I must admit that some of the things you said about my writing ability/fanfic kinda struck a nerve. If you don’t want to read my story because it isnt Naruto/Sakura, more power to you, but don’t make up bullsh** excuses for people to avoid my fic when it was NEVER intended to be a Naru/Saku fic. Before I go I have a few tips to help those to avoid this confusion in the future:

* Make sure to use/read the search filter properly.

* Assuming the search filter is malfunctioning, before clicking a story, READ the summary properly.

* If both points preceding this in any way shape or form seem alarmingly too difficult, have a parent or guardian walk you through the previous two steps.

With that taken care of, I feel alot better now. It's funny, but in the 457 reviews I have received, I've only had 3 bad reviews, most of which who kittened about Kurenai winning the vote (ironically Sakura lost in close second place, go figure). I actually have quite a library of great Naruto/Sakura fics so if anyone wants the links or just to flame me via live chat my AIM s/n is Nsane Panda

-GrimMalice

Ah Dude, glad you could at least clarify this here, coz seriously, loads of NS fans that have read ur fic are not really happy with it.

I am actually a fan of that fic, even though the treatment of Naruto is a tad sad. tongue.gif

The Sakura thing, well, I guess it was understandable, but a tad harsh too. Overall, it was acceptable. Sakura can be portrayed in all ways by fanfic writers.

There is no right or wrong, so no bad feelings, and no need to defend anything. Be proud of your fic dude, coz it's awesome. biggrin.gif
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#123 Guest_okgo_*

Guest_okgo_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Jul 25 2007, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[

The only fics I would recommend these days are "Naruto: Trail of Freedom," "Dreams," and "Mizukage." Another possible one would be "The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto," but that might not be NaruSaku at all.

Umm whats the link or author for Dreams, there's a bunch of stories that have that name. I like mizukage but there's hardly been any narutoxsakura so far.

Can someone tell me of The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto is sakuraxnaurto? It's done now but the summary doesn't say much.

And how is Smile of Warmth. Gnosismaster? I read one of the comment and that found that someone kissed kabuto?? That's disturbing.

#124 racerxdsr

racerxdsr

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (okgo @ Jan 31 2008, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm whats the link or author for Dreams, there's a bunch of stories that have that name. I like mizukage but there's hardly been any narutoxsakura so far.

Can someone tell me of The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto is sakuraxnaurto? It's done now but the summary doesn't say much.

And how is Smile of Warmth. Gnosismaster? I read one of the comment and that found that someone kissed kabuto?? That's disturbing.

I think this the story called Dreams they are referring to: http://www.fanfictio...843959/1/Dreams

As far as Mizukage I think he is starting to go the NaruSaku route. The author just laid the foundation for his story and now is creating the opportunity for them to get together.

Smile of Warmth well, you will have to read it to understand the comment. Good story and definitely NaruSaku.

I would also recommend Hell's Radiance. Its a Dark fic mostly centered around Sakura where she is the container of the Kyubbi and not Naruto and of course it is NaruSaku as well.

Hope this helps...

#125 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (racerxdsr @ Jan 31 2008, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this the story called Dreams they are referring to: http://www.fanfictio...843959/1/Dreams

As far as Mizukage I think he is starting to go the NaruSaku route. The author just laid the foundation for his story and now is creating the opportunity for them to get together.

Smile of Warmth well, you will have to read it to understand the comment. Good story and definitely NaruSaku.

I would also recommend Hell's Radiance. Its a Dark fic mostly centered around Sakura where she is the container of the Kyubbi and not Naruto and of course it is NaruSaku as well.

Hope this helps...

Yeah, what he said. I've been so busy lately.

#126 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (grimmalice @ Jan 26 2008, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now to address the issue with Sakura being WAY too OOC (this one makes me smile).

For those who have read my first few chapters, I make it very clear that Naruto brought Sasuke back after already dating Sakura for 3 months. As much as their relationship may of been building into something meaningful, I think most would agree with me that its still not a big leap of time in terms of commitment. Yes they kissed, yes they made out and fooled around like "teenagers" do.

Teenagers. <---key word in "reading underneath the underneath"

That's not a good excuse. Despite the popular belief, there are many teenage girls who don't go "fooling around" like how you portrayed Sakura to be as.

I really don't know why you came to that kind of conclusion, but instead of using how teenagers act in modern times, why not look at how teenagers act in the world of Naruto.

I haven’t planned yet how to reveal it, since I presume alot of my fans are smart enough to realize this, but I guess I'll spell it out.

Sasuke seduced her.

Now I know many people are saying "Wow that’s such BS! Sakura-chan would never fall for something like that! She lubs Naruto-kun 2 much SHANAROOOO *sp*". Now here are some of my reasons why it is possible:

1. Sasuke was her first love; even if she was immature she was still willing to even leave the village to follow him. As much as I want Sakura to be with Naruto in the canon I still cant shake something like that will prevent it.

2. Sasuke as we all know is a jealous type. He was jealous when Naruto was seemingly becoming stronger and this is no different. He sees the girl who was swooning over him in those earlier years and now sees her with the "dead-last" and it makes him mad. He always needs to be stronger then Naruto, and if he can find any way to do that(eg. betray the village for power blah blah blah) he will take it, even going as low as to steal Sakura away IMO to get at him.

3. Sakura may be very strong willed and not the type cheat on anyone, but in the end like anyone she is human, which if you had the fact that shes also a teenager and at the time a virgin, I think you can understand. You have to keep in mind the Naruto caught them having sex for their FIRST time, which means she held off such acts for that long until finally falling short.

4. It needed to be done for this fic. I didn't realize until a friend pointed it out that this could be construed as "bashing" a character. In reality that never crossed my mind. I figured, like most authors, that plot devices and things of that nature were just part of the art of writing. I didn’t think people would take it personal. Now I found where your all hiding mwhahaha.

I have at least a dozen more reasons I could use to counter most flamers about why I'm a kitten for doing what I did, but I'm actually trying to finish writing my next chapter as we speak hehe.

I really didn’t mean for this to sound so angry and cold hearted, but I must admit that some of the things you said about my writing ability/fanfic kinda struck a nerve. If you don’t want to read my story because it isnt Naruto/Sakura, more power to you, but don’t make up bullsh** excuses for people to avoid my fic when it was NEVER intended to be a Naru/Saku fic. Before I go I have a few tips to help those to avoid this confusion in the future:

* Make sure to use/read the search filter properly.

* Assuming the search filter is malfunctioning, before clicking a story, READ the summary properly.

* If both points preceding this in any way shape or form seem alarmingly too difficult, have a parent or guardian walk you through the previous two steps.

With that taken care of, I feel alot better now. It's funny, but in the 457 reviews I have received, I've only had 3 bad reviews, most of which who kittened about Kurenai winning the vote (ironically Sakura lost in close second place, go figure). I actually have quite a library of great Naruto/Sakura fics so if anyone wants the links or just to flame me via live chat my AIM s/n is Nsane Panda

-GrimMalice

While I could spend the time to counter every single argument you've given me, I would find it pointless to continue. You certainly have your own opinion of how characters act, but there is a fine line between how a character would act in certain situations and how they wouldn't.

What you have done is pull a serious amount of 'Deus Ex Machina' on Sakura and Sasuke, and for the record, yes I have read a decent amount of your story to understand how you think of the characters, and it really destroys everything Sasuke and Sakura represented in part 1.

Also, it'd be best to start a new topic defending your story instead of posting it in this one. Not posting off topic is actually enforced in this forum, which is nice change.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#127 Uzumaki

Uzumaki

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:04 AM

Ugh I'm trying to read some NaruSaku fan fics but the site keeps redirecting me to some Zwinky thing >.>

#128 Guest_okgo_*

Guest_okgo_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (racerxdsr @ Jan 31 2008, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was skimming to chaoter 7 and it just seems like naruto is helpless. Yeah he jumps in the way to protect Sakura, but I was hoping for a naruto-centered story. The gara fight was disappointing for me.

#129 grimmalice

grimmalice

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Jan 31 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's not a good excuse. Despite the popular belief, there are many teenage girls who don't go "fooling around" like how you portrayed Sakura to be as.

I really don't know why you came to that kind of conclusion, but instead of using how teenagers act in modern times, why not look at how teenagers act in the world of Naruto.
While I could spend the time to counter every single argument you've given me, I would find it pointless to continue. You certainly have your own opinion of how characters act, but there is a fine line between how a character would act in certain situations and how they wouldn't.

What you have done is pull a serious amount of 'Deus Ex Machina' on Sakura and Sasuke, and for the record, yes I have read a decent amount of your story to understand how you think of the characters, and it really destroys everything Sasuke and Sakura represented in part 1.

Also, it'd be best to start a new topic defending your story instead of posting it in this one. Not posting off topic is actually enforced in this forum, which is nice change.

Your point of view about teenage girls seems pretty convenient, despite popular belief.

And as for how the teenagers act in the Naruto world vs. today? Naruto remains with the simplicity/immaturity of his pre time skip character (Tsunade: Orochimaru is dead. Naruto: Does that mean Sasuke is going to come back? *hand waving in the air*)with the same short attention span, and Ino practically instantly wanted to go out with Sai at first sight just because he looked similar to Sasuke (not that its a big deal he betrayed the village, I guess that’s just a minor oversight considering kids in Naruto are way different then today's youth).

I can’t use those two points as clear indications of my argument because there is definitely a lion's share of maturity/seriousness in Naruto, but these are just as viable and just as “teenage” any way you slice it.

I get the feeling your against my fic more because "Sasuke-teme" had sex with Sakura, and only because of that.

I won't post anything else relating to this after this post, but perhaps next time the people who originally posted this stuff about my fic here in the first place will heed your words about not posting "off-topic" posts. After all, my story was NEVER Naruto/Sakura in the first place, which it would be pointless to create a new thread since already that fact was seemingly if not intentionally ignored.

Thanks for replying though, I'm happy someone responded.

-GrimMalice

#130 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:54 AM

If it wasn't intended as NaruSaku, then I agree it should not of ended up here.

though I would post a warning on something like "Loyal ties of a full time Killer" (Which is toted as a NaruSaku) which does imply that Sakura might of did "stuff" with someone else than Naruto, but also implies that Naruto slept with Tayuya of course that is a modern style fic (hasn't been updated in a while but i felt i had to at least post a warning in the NaruSaku warnings)
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#131 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

Grim, my convenient point of view is based off of what I see and who I know, just like anybody else; however, unlike everybody else, I don't over exaggerate what I see and hold it as the ultimate truth. Popularity at school is just a huge influencing factor, and I even thought the same way you did, but the more people I met as I grow older, the more I realize just how ignorant I was back then.

And to stay on topic, your story had to be in the NaruSaku filter at one point. I have a quicklink straight to FF.net with the filters of "Naruto" and "Sakura" and your story did show up quite a bit of times for awhile.

None the less, good luck with your story.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#132 SerasCain

SerasCain

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Feb 1 2008, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it wasn't intended as NaruSaku, then I agree it should not of ended up here.

though I would post a warning on something like "Loyal ties of a full time Killer" (Which is toted as a NaruSaku) which does imply that Sakura might of did "stuff" with someone else than Naruto, but also implies that Naruto slept with Tayuya of course that is a modern style fic (hasn't been updated in a while but i felt i had to at least post a warning in the NaruSaku warnings)

For Loyal Ties, I can assure you that Sakura has not slept with any other character (read virgin) and Naruto did not sleep with Tayuya (well slept in same bed but I believe he keeps his clothes and hands to himself) I had issues myself with the way things were portrayed in that story so I asked the author about the backstory to have things cleared up. He's working on a new chapter now so it might get updated soon, I have no idea. Just to let ya know before you guys get too discouraged to read it. Although I have to warn you, I feel like the story is a bit random at times and the NaruSaku is going to be slow coming.

#133 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (SerasCain @ Feb 16 2008, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For Loyal Ties, I can assure you that Sakura has not slept with any other character (read virgin) and Naruto did not sleep with Tayuya (well slept in same bed but I believe he keeps his clothes and hands to himself) I had issues myself with the way things were portrayed in that story so I asked the author about the backstory to have things cleared up. He's working on a new chapter now so it might get updated soon, I have no idea. Just to let ya know before you guys get too discouraged to read it. Although I have to warn you, I feel like the story is a bit random at times and the NaruSaku is going to be slow coming.

Hey don't get me wrong, I like the story and it has been a while since i read it, It is a refreshing change from other "mordern day" Naruto fics Maybe just the warning of serious OOC, dark Naruto and at times, super B**** Sakura

So yea anyone that wants to read it, go ahead, just be warned of those conditions, and it is on the violent side(being they are contract killers and fighting two rival orginizations, Metophychis(Oro, Sasu, Ino, Shika) and Akatski(the Akatski lol)) Definently not for the light of heart i say simply, Naruto meets the Sorpranos would be the quick and dirty summery
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#134 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

Folks, I suggest you NEVER read

Hardcore Lemons #1

If you're actually looking for a story.

It's just crass. It starts off as a mediocre to poor NaruSaku story and then in descends into a depth of depravity that I wish I never laid eyes on. However I did laugh for a good ten minutes reading the reviews. And I had to leave one of my one (I was the one who told the author he needed Jesus in a very tongue in cheek fashion).

You'll thank me later...

If you're a babb_chronicles/badfic/ANBU reader though, this is friggin' hilarious!

Also on a more serious note...

A Far Away Life's sixth chapter is absolutely soul crushing if you a NaruSaku fan. I can't explain it but the way the author describes Sakura watching Hinata and Naruto's happiness is horribly angsty. It almost makes me want to write a Sakura punches some sense into Naruto fic...but if you read the story you'll understand why that would probably never happen.

Edited by Nate River, 03 August 2008 - 10:49 PM.

WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#135 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Leney @ Aug 3 2008, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Folks, I suggest you NEVER read

Hardcore Lemons #1

If you're actually looking for a story.

It's just crass. It starts off as a mediocre to poor NaruSaku story and then in descends into a depth of depravity that I wish I never laid eyes on. However I did laugh for a good ten minutes reading the reviews. And I had to leave one of my one (I was the one who told the author he needed Jesus in a very tongue in cheek fashion).

You'll thank me later...

If you're a babb_chronicles/badfic/ANBU reader though, this is friggin' hilarious!

Also on a more serious note...

A Far Away Life's sixth chapter is absolutely soul crushing if you a NaruSaku fan. I can't explain it but the way the author describes Sakura watching Hinata and Naruto's happiness is horribly angsty. It almost makes me want to write a Sakura punches some sense into Naruto fic...but if you read the story you'll understand why that would probably never happen.

Ah, while I agree on the quality of the story, for future reference, please don't post lemon links. A significant number of members who visit are minors and so please don't link to over 18+ material. We have specific areas set aside for such material for those who are of the apporiate age.

#136 emilykawaii123

emilykawaii123

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Theater, Dance, The Twilight Series, all things Japanese

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:59 AM

Has anyone ever considered reading "Stuck"? DON"T!!!

It was really terrible and immature and it still haunts me. I'm not trying to bash, really, just warning Y'all to stay the hell away from it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users