28610 replies to this topic

#28601 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,628 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:54 AM

Fair enough. It just seems to me that for such a creator's pet that Sasuke is to Kishi, he seems terribly inconsistent and as you stated is only is important to the story as a "reactive character" which speaks to me that there is no particular drive for him past a certain point. It makes me wonder if someone else had a hand in it because his role was never concise enough to ever seem planned out. If you look at a character that an author or character favors or focuses on, they usually are consistent in the role they are meant to play.  Sasuke isn't. That is all I'm saying

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 January 2020 - 12:03 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28602 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:28 PM

Fair enough. It just seems to me that for such a creator's pet that Sasuke is to Kishi, he seems terribly inconsistent and as you stated is only is important to the story as a "reactive character" which speaks to me that there is no particular drive for him past a certain point. It makes me wonder if someone else had a hand in it because his role was never concise enough to ever seem planned out. If you look at a character that an author or character favors or focuses on, they usually are consistent in the role they are meant to play.  Sasuke isn't. That is all I'm saying

Well, an author also tends to be blinded to the flaws of such a character. Like at whichever point you thought (and I'm not saying I don't agree I just kittening hate thinking about his character arc), he began to come off that way, Kishi almost certainly would not pick up on that when you did, doing so later or not at all. It's hard to view something you wrote without a lot of distorting bias.

Like... And this shouldn't even apply as much since it's technically Kishi's character and not mine, but when I wrote Sakura, some people said she came off as obsessive, or a Yandere, or unhealthy or whatever. And for the longest time I couldn't even COMPREHEND why they viewed her that way because those ideas never came into my mind as I was writing her. My interpretation of the character was the only one that I could see, because for whatever reason that's just how it is when you write fiction.

After I didn't think about it for a long time I finally could see how someone might come to that conclusion... But basically, the author SHOULD be the one who is most acutely aware of how story and character elements look/will be perceived, but most of the time they'll be more BLIND to it than anyone else is.

tl;dr: Sasuke probably seemed good in his head.

Edited by DrK, 23 January 2020 - 06:43 PM.

#28603 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,628 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:32 PM

Yeah I can agree with that.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28604 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Like... And this shouldn't even apply as much since it's technically Kishi's character and not mine, but when I wrote Sakura, some people said she came off as obsessive, or a Yandere, or unhealthy or whatever.

lol what? How could Sakura be seen as anything like a Yandere? I think these "anime" fans need to branch out of the mainstream comfort zone if they think a character like Sakura is a Yandere or that they see Tsundere as abusive.

These fans need to watch Future Diary and Tora Dora

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28605 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted Yesterday, 04:42 PM

lol what? How could Sakura be seen as anything like a Yandere? I think these "anime" fans need to branch out of the mainstream comfort zone if they think a character like Sakura is a Yandere or that they see Tsundere as abusive.
These fans need to watch Future Diary and Tora Dora

Here's a question think if you asked an NH fan what is so wrong with Naruto and Sakura getting together think they'd have an answer.

#28606 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,843 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Here's a question think if you asked an NH fan what is so wrong with Naruto and Sakura getting together think they'd have an answer.

I'd say that they'd not have a good answer just because they WANT to hate Sakura for no good reason other than shes in the way of their precious pairing. Makes me realize I should just say **** it! to what they would say to me for my fanfic and get ready to post it.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, Yesterday, 11:18 PM.

#28607 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Id say that theyd not have a good answer just because they WANT to hate Sakura for no good reason other than shes in the way of their precious pairing. Makes me realize I should just say **** it! to what they would say to me for my fanfic and get ready to post it.

... Why would you even care to begin with? To be honest I think every single negative comment I've ever received was from someone who likes NS or at least their idea of it. What kind of scathing review are you expecting to get? "This sucks because it's not misanthropic garbage... I mean, what I like." Who cares, dude? Even if they did say that, I can't imagine how it could possibly bother you in any way?

Edited by DrK, Yesterday, 11:11 PM.

#28608 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,843 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:15 PM

... Why would you even care to begin with? To be honest I think every single negative comment I've ever received was from someone who likes NS or at least their idea of it. What kind of scathing review are you expecting to get? "This sucks because it's not misanthropic garbage... I mean, what I like." Who cares, dude? Even if they did say that, I can't imagine how it could possibly bother you in any way?

The only reason why I'd care is because I got a lot of anxiety and depression issues, plus there's the fact too that I've seen how fan toxicity can drive people nuts, like how the Steven Universe fandom had driven someone to almost kill themselves because she drew one of the characters "too thin", or how bad things get in other fandoms. I don't NEED that kinda drama.

#28609 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

The only reason why I'd care is because I got a lot of anxiety and depression issues, plus there's the fact too that I've seen how fan toxicity can drive people nuts, like how the Steven Universe fandom had driven someone to almost kill themselves because she drew one of the characters "too thin", or how bad things get in other fandoms. I don't NEED that kinda drama.

Yeah but lots of people are going to dislike anything you write. Do you think that I (or someone else, if you want) would enjoy every single word you've written on this forum for instance? That's just a part of life. I remember once James made me look absolutely FOOLISH because I tried to posit an argument about Superman without knowing what I was talking about. But that kind of thing is just going to happen! If you say/do/write something stupid, or that someone doesn't like for stupid REASONS, it's a necessary thing to be able to just move on from that. Because a safe space where everyone approves of anything you do just doesn't exist, except maybe the household you grew up in (if you're very lucky)

I don't mean to give you a hard time. But if you want to do something I'd encourage you to just forget about other human beings and do it, that is if you truly feel it's worth doing.

#28610 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted Today, 02:47 AM

I'm just saying if you're afraid of criticism you can always turn off commentary, the downside being that when you do so you cut yourself off from growth in the process.

Yes it sucks when you pour hours into something and someone comes along and kittens all over it--sometimes warranted and often not, but someone writing kitten on the internet cannot hurt you unless you allow it.

In the words of Mama tsu; "you can't control what others say or do but you can control how you react."

She was right :zaru:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#28611 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted Today, 03:40 AM

I'd say that they'd not have a good answer just because they WANT to hate Sakura for no good reason other than shes in the way of their precious pairing. Makes me realize I should just say **** it! to what they would say to me for my fanfic and get ready to post it.

That's not a reason I mean what would happen if Naruto got with konan or temari.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users