• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#1 MelisaArtemis

MelisaArtemis

*Meow*

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:my boyfriend,Narusaku,Ragnarok, Narusaku, Digimon 03, Narusaku fics, Games. have I mention Narusaku?

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:14 AM

Now, I've realized that most of the opposing pairing thread on this board are Naruhina. it makes me wonder, why noone made a topic on Sasusaku? considering its also one of the biggest rival for Narusaku.

That aside, I don't really like Sasusaku but for some reason I can tolerate it better than Naruhina although not by much, mind you. what do you guys think?

#2 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:42 AM

Though I never really saw the possibility of SasuSaku in the manga, an essay proved otherwise that there was a mild plausibility to it after all. (It hinges on Sakura's thank you in a seemingly near-legitimate fashion)

Thing is though, them getting together is the essential butchering of Sakura's character back into a doormat. Or worse; angst-less!Sasuke. The day Sasuke gives up the angst, is the day I quit reading Naruto. (Which would probably be the end of the series anyway)

#3 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:39 PM

Yah personally, I hate any pairings with Sakura and anyone else besides Naruto so SasuSaku isn't something I like. I'll admit there is a bases for it, but the Sasuke leavening scene kinda brought me mixed feelings. Yes she said she loved him (tho there is now evidence that it wasn't that strong a word) but if you look at what she does you realize how hollow that love was.

-First she tries to convince him to stay by bribing him with happiness.
-Then when that dosn't work she tries to convince him to take her with him.
-Then after that plan fails she threatens to scream so people will come and stop him.

The fact that she was willing to threaten him too stay just reinforces the fact that I think it was more of an obsession than real love.

Thats for part one at least.

In part two she seems too have lost a lot of her feelings for him. She seems to want to get him back more for the fact that she wants things to be like they were back then. The crying scene in 319 which a lot of SasuSaku fan's use as recent fodder just doesn't hold weight for me. My guess is she wants more of what Naruto wants, to bring back the way her life was at 13, doing stupidly easy missions, etc. Right now her life's in turmoil, Sasuke's gone, dosn't want to come back and nearly killed them the last time they met. Naruto's being hunted by an organization of insanely strong missing nin's and she just wants too go back to the way it was...

and I'm rambling again, sorry.

In the end, if SasuSaku did happen either Sasuke or Sakura would have to change drastically. Yes Sasuke cares about her but I don't think it's enough to warrant any feelings so that would have to change and Sakura would have too start being submissive again, which I hate. Sakura has turned into a character that I like a lot and it would really piss me off is she lost all the maturity she gained over those 3 years.

Either way, not fond of it. Don't like it was a normal pairing, don't like it in fan-fiction and don't like it in fan-art.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#4 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

I don't think that she's lost all feelings for Sasuke.

I think that she's lost her crush on him (although she might be holding on to it out of habit) and she may be losing hope of getting him to return. But she still loves him as one of her precious people - just not romantically (IMO again).

#5 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:06 PM

Yah sorry, I meant her romantic feelings. Hes still very important to her as a friend and teammate and she wants to get him back so they can be good old team seven.

It comes down to the foreshadowing Kakashi said when they took the bell test.

"Those who break the ninja rules are trash, but those who abandon their friends are worse then trash." Naruto and Sakura took this to heart and I think thats why, even more so than Sakura, Naruto wants to save Sasuke and get him back.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#6 Fruits Basket Fan

Fruits Basket Fan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:29 PM

I seriously do not understand why some SasukexSakura fans use chapter 319 as their "evidence" when Sakura was holding a picture of Team 7....And some of them tell us that chapter 343 cannot be used as a possibility that Sakura may be starting to fall for Naruto....I am somewhat more open minded toward SasukexSakura (hey....it beats NarutoxHinata because Sakura actually tried to be a part of Sasuke's life) but when I look at the other end of the stick (Sasuke)....not lookin too good dry.gif .

I just do not support it since the guy does not want any sort of relationship like that. At least Sakura slowly started to open up toward Naruto more and more as time went by (even when she was obsessed with Sasuke in part 1).....Sasuke just closed himself up even more and became more distant because of the curse seal and Orochimaru's tauntings. Even at the goodbye scene, when Sakura said she would be sad that he left....Sasuke just did not hesitate to think of both Naruto and Sakura (even though he was not there nor mentioned) together smiling at him (at the manga though.....the anime showed all of Team 7 instead of just Naruto and Sakura).....I wonder how Sasuke is going to come back though....or if he might not even come back.....suspense.

#7 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:46 PM

I absolutely hate SasuSaku, but I can stand NaruHina

#8 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:11 PM

SasuSaku is okay with me(don't hurt me) as long as Sasuke and Sakura don't get married. I want Naruto and Sakura all the way! :thumbs: NaruSaku forever~!
I am still pinky-ash

#9 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (Radon @ May 23 2007, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah personally, I hate any pairings with Sakura and anyone else besides Naruto so SasuSaku isn't something I like. I'll admit there is a bases for it, but the Sasuke leavening scene kinda brought me mixed feelings. Yes she said she loved him (tho there is now evidence that it wasn't that strong a word) but if you look at what she does you realize how hollow that love was.

-First she tries to convince him to stay by bribing him with happiness.
-Then when that dosn't work she tries to convince him to take her with him.
-Then after that plan fails she threatens to scream so people will come and stop him.

The fact that she was willing to threaten him too stay just reinforces the fact that I think it was more of an obsession than real love.

Thats for part one at least.

In part two she seems too have lost a lot of her feelings for him. She seems to want to get him back more for the fact that she wants things to be like they were back then. The crying scene in 319 which a lot of SasuSaku fan's use as recent fodder just doesn't hold weight for me. My guess is she wants more of what Naruto wants, to bring back the way her life was at 13, doing stupidly easy missions, etc. Right now her life's in turmoil, Sasuke's gone, dosn't want to come back and nearly killed them the last time they met. Naruto's being hunted by an organization of insanely strong missing nin's and she just wants too go back to the way it was...

and I'm rambling again, sorry.

In the end, if SasuSaku did happen either Sasuke or Sakura would have to change drastically. Yes Sasuke cares about her but I don't think it's enough to warrant any feelings so that would have to change and Sakura would have too start being submissive again, which I hate. Sakura has turned into a character that I like a lot and it would really piss me off is she lost all the maturity she gained over those 3 years.

Either way, not fond of it. Don't like it was a normal pairing, don't like it in fan-fiction and don't like it in fan-art.

Agreed. I don't think people will like Sakura changing back to her old self and if Kishi sensei ever does that I don't even know what kind of fiasco he is going to do. I mean I just don't see Sakura and Sasuke getting together without either one or both of them changing their personality. And if they do change then they won't be same characters any more.

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ May 23 2007, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think that she's lost all feelings for Sasuke.

I think that she's lost her crush on him (although she might be holding on to it out of habit) and she may be losing hope of getting him to return. But she still loves him as one of her precious people - just not romantically (IMO again).

Agreed once more. I don't seriously know whether she has lost her crush on him or not. It looks like it in the manga and I hope it goes that way but we still don't know what Kishi-sensei is really going to do. Sasuke is one of her precious people and she is trying to get her team back. But the only thing I am really nervous about is Sakura's feeling towards Naruto. I know he is now one of her precious people and a really good friend but how deep does her feelings go.

QUOTE (Ashley @ May 23 2007, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SasuSaku is okay with me(don't hurt me) as long as Sasuke and Sakura don't get married. I want Naruto and Sakura all the way! :thumbs: NaruSaku forever~!

I want Naruto and Sakura all the way as well. But SasuSaku is something I do not enjoy. I tried reading fanfics to get an idea of how their character interact together but every fic changes either Sasuke or Sakura. It just doesn't fit.

#10 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:17 AM

Yah I agree, I read some SasuSaku stuff at the beginning but hated it. 90% of them require Sasuke to change or Sakura to become even more of a pain than she was at 13.

There was one good NaruSaku fanfic I read that had Sasuke asking Sakura to marry him but stated that it wasn't out of love but of a need for someone to bear his children with. She realizes that a life with him would require her to hide her real self and wouldn't really feel any love with him so she ends up with Naruto.

In the end, what I'm trying to say is I would be sorry for whoever ends up with Sasuke because they will more than likely become permanently pregnant and never really do anything... lol

#11 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Radon @ May 24 2007, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah I agree, I read some SasuSaku stuff at the beginning but hated it. 90% of them require Sasuke to change or Sakura to become even more of a pain than she was at 13.

There was one good NaruSaku fanfic I read that had Sasuke asking Sakura to marry him but stated that it wasn't out of love but of a need for someone to bear his children with. She realizes that a life with him would require her to hide her real self and wouldn't really feel any love with him so she ends up with Naruto.

In the end, what I'm trying to say is I would be sorry for whoever ends up with Sasuke because they will more than likely become permanently pregnant and never really do anything... lol

Which fic was that?

Can u imagine Sasuke saying that to Sakura that its not out of love but need to bear his children lmao

Of course she would run away lol... No self confident person unless delusional would agree to something like that

#12 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (narutokage @ Jun 5 2007, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which fic was that?

I think he's talking about "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree", It's one of my favorite One Shots

Link

#13 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (murdoc @ Jun 5 2007, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he's talking about "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree", It's one of my favorite One Shots

Link

Thanks I just read it. It was quite descriptive and well done. Thanks murdoc, that was worth it

I just have one question: Where did you find that signature from? Its hilarious lol

#14 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (narutokage @ Jun 7 2007, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks I just read it. It was quite descriptive and well done. Thanks murdoc, that was worth it

I just have one question: Where did you find that signature from? Its hilarious lol

It was made by Novanator:

This is Mine

#15 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (murdoc @ Jun 8 2007, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is Mine

Thanks man. I can't wait to show it to my friends lol

#16 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (murdoc @ Jun 8 2007, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is Mine

lol
I am still pinky-ash

#17 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

I'm not fond of the pairing at all. In fact, no one seems to be able to convince me that there's any indication in the manga so far that the pairing could even work out. As far as NaruHina being more prominent on these boards... maybe most of the NaruSaku fans here can stand NaruHina more than SasuSaku? (I know I'm one.)

QUOTE (murdoc @ Jun 8 2007, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is Mine

Hilarious.

#18 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

Hm. I can't really imagine SasuSaku happening...But if it did, as what somebody said, either Sasuke and/or Sasuke must dramaticly change. If Sasuke didn't, he'd be an abusive father/husband/boyfriend. It's just sad. D=

LOVE IS WAR,

#19 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

Well, I don't think that he will be abusive, but he will be a bad one, I think.
"Sakura, feed the children, clean the house, make dinner. I will be back tonight when I'm done training, I expect the little bastards to be asleep by then, so I can eat in peace...alone. and then I can go to bed, so that I can go training very early in the morning again. And those runts better don't wake me up again in the middle of the night!"
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#20 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Silent Shinobi @ Jun 11 2007, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not fond of the pairing at all. In fact, no one seems to be able to convince me that there's any indication in the manga so far that the pairing could even work out. As far as NaruHina being more prominent on these boards... maybe most of the NaruSaku fans here can stand NaruHina more than SasuSaku? (I know I'm one.)
Hilarious.

I think SasuSaku has hints, at least, in part one. I only recently this year started to like SasuSaku... I used to hate it with a burning passion. But it's alright. biggrin.gif

As for NaruHina, I love that pairing. XD;; I'm also a NaruSaku fan that can stand NaruHina more than SasuSaku.

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users