Close
Photo

General Tech Thread

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

Poll: General Tech Thread (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you own a Crackberry? (Blackberry)

1. Yes. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No. (22 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Jun 16 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omfg.gif Really? I those HP was the one to trust. Duh, REJECTED. Let's move on to Mac or Dell.

Mac is more recommended if you're into design (I'm not talking about simply drawing/sketching hobby, I'm talking about hardcore drawing) coz they excel in graphic and art. On the minus side, as Cloud said, its pretty expensive to repair and it have problem with compatibility with some programs like word processing programs (Note, Mac's default word processing program can't be read in windows/linux OS). Otherwise, I recomment windows OS instead.

Laptop brand-wise, If you have the budget, get a lenovo. They are one of the most durable laptop line in the world although admited that their... design isn't quite attractive. If you're looking for cheaper ones, I recommendend the Toshiba Tecra line or Some of the Satellite line (I'm using Satellite L500, it works like a charm). Dell is also quite a good choice, they are pretty durable and can last pretty long, the option that you can customize your own laptop upon order is also a plus. On the downside, they have absolutely horrid customer service.

I don't recommend Sony personally, they are quite overpriced imo and once a problem shows up, chances are it will show up again mere weeks or even days after you fix it. My friend got a Vaio and I already lost count how many times he brought it to the repair shop in the last few months... for the same problem.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#22 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

I thought that there were the best! I will stay with my Vaio, then! Only 100? Huh, I thought that a good upgrade would cost much more!

#23 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

My Desktop Computer:

Gateway 700GR
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 running at 3.4 GHZ
RAM: 2 GB DDR
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X300 with 128 MB
Disk Drive: 8X DVD-ROM, 52X CD-ROM

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#24 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (FullMetalMac @ Jun 18 2010, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Desktop Computer:

Gateway 700GR
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 running at 3.4 GHZ
RAM: 2 GB DDR
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X300 with 128 MB
Disk Drive: 8X DVD-ROM, 52X CD-ROM

Wow, someone actually still use a Pentium 4? O well, I'm not one to talk, I was using it until last year before it completely broke down and I had to replace it

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

#25 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

@ FullMetalMac: Pe-pentium 4??? Dude, does it STILL work??? o.0

#26 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:04 AM

I thought it was funny that I just noticed this post, considering I just got finished dropping almost 2 grand into a new monster that should last me for a few years.

Intel® Core™ i7 930 Processor Quad-Core (4x 2.80GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator
12 GB [2 GB X6] DDR3-1600 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards)
1 TB HARD DRIVE - 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive (Was thinking about BluRay, but I already have a player, and don't really need it on the comp too)
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
27" Asus LED Monitor

Edited by Paradox Jast, 22 June 2010 - 03:06 AM.

#27 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

@ Paradox

I hate you, bro.

#28 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

I currently have a Sony Vio... Buy I want an apple... BECAUSE THEY DON'T GET VIRUSES! rawr.gif

#29 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

I have a vaio too. And you gotta do something to beat that virus!

#30 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

@Cloud

Aw, comon man. Don't hate, appreciate!

happy.gif

#31 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Jun 24 2010, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I currently have a Sony Vio... Buy I want an apple... BECAUSE THEY DON'T GET VIRUSES! rawr.gif

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Jun 24 2010, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a vaio too. And you gotta do something to beat that virus!

And ladies... thats why I'm using 2 different antivirus + Spyware/Ad-ware detector + Firewall.

#32 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:03 PM

Do you mind telling me which ones they are?

#33 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Jun 22 2010, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought it was funny that I just noticed this post, considering I just got finished dropping almost 2 grand into a new monster that should last me for a few years.

24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive (Was thinking about BluRay, but I already have a player, and don't really need it on the comp too)
27" Asus LED Monitor

Just a lil' question how much space does the hard drive of that beast have?

#34 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:50 AM

Space? You mean the size of the drive?

It's 1 Terabyte... so that translates into 1,000 Gigabytes. Or 1,000,000 Megabytes. Or 1,000,000,000 Kilobytes. Or 1,000,000,000,000 bytes.

The actual size of the drive is 1,138,352,854,990 bytes.

#35 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:10 AM

@Paradox_Jast and Sakura_1: Technically it's our family computer and my dad is too cheap to sink money into a new computer, that's why we still have it, but I'm glad I have my Apple Macbook as it's my main computer I use for most of my work.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#36 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

Hm, don't diss the Dell or HP, I got both XD

#37 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

YAY~! Shippu-chan is back! Long time no see dear~~~

DANG, I am confused. BL said sth about Toshiba and Lenovo, I will try them, but I also love HP, Dell and Mac. ARGHHH!! I want them all wow.png

#38 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Jun 25 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm, don't diss the Dell or HP, I got both XD

Oh, don't get me wrong. HP is good... the first time at least, you just need to be extra careful with them as they are actually the most easily broken laptop compared to other brands. AKA: As long as you don't break them, you gonna be fine... but once it broke and in need for repair, better to just go get another one.

Dell laptops are good, they are pretty durable and tend to last longer, its the after sales customer service that sucks. They usually give you wrong price when you ask for the repair price (Example: When you bring the laptop to their repair shop and ask the approximate price, they tell 80 dollars... but when they finish repairing them, they gonna tell you that the damage was more serious than anticipated and it cost you 160 dollars instead.) Not to mention that sometimes they don't even comes on time... like say... they tell you it gonna finish in 2 days but instead it took em a week... just to replace a hard disk with a new one. Heck, I remember that someone said once that among laptop brands, Dell got the worst after-sales customer service, Its THAT bad.

#39 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Jun 25 2010, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, don't get me wrong. HP is good... the first time at least, you just need to be extra careful with them as they are actually the most easily broken laptop compared to other brands. AKA: As long as you don't break them, you gonna be fine... but once it broke and in need for repair, better to just go get another one.

Dell laptops are good, they are pretty durable and tend to last longer, its the after sales customer service that sucks. They usually give you wrong price when you ask for the repair price (Example: When you bring the laptop to their repair shop and ask the approximate price, they tell 80 dollars... but when they finish repairing them, they gonna tell you that the damage was more serious than anticipated and it cost you 160 dollars instead.) Not to mention that sometimes they don't even comes on time... like say... they tell you it gonna finish in 2 days but instead it took em a week... just to replace a hard disk with a new one. Heck, I remember that someone said once that among laptop brands, Dell got the worst after-sales customer service, Its THAT bad.

I agree with this. Back when I first joined this forum, I couldn't stand Dell's Customer service when my computer was broken due to a malfuctioning motherboard. I had to wait for at least a month to get my computer fixed... and not to dissed anyone here, but I wanted American customer service, not someone from outside the country.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#40 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Jun 21 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
27" Asus LED Monitor

you know, about 5 seconds ago, I could confidently say that I had never before been turned on by most computers.

five.
seconds.
ago.

stupid sexy 2 thousand dollar, not-a-Mac computer!

dammat i'll be in my bunk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users