#1 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

Visit My Website

Awesome episode!! You can even hear Pain's voice for one line!

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#2 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:34 PM

I give a 10/10. It was brilliant episode and the flashbacks wear on the ball too.The fights between them was fantastic and I loved it in color and Kabuto is awesome in this. I loved that they didn't drag the fight over eight episode like the manga did.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 19 June 2009 - 01:43 PM.

#3 nekovi

nekovi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

I thought it was brilliant biggrin.gif I think Orochimaru's flashbacks were some of the most interesting yet! And seeing Pein like, completely in the flesh made me very happy!

However, the preview for the next episode with Suigetsu... huh.gif Someone care to enlighten me on who was nararating? I thought it might have been the third Hokage, but I wasn't sure happy.gif

Suigetsu looked really scary by the way. wow.gif I thought his skin was just pale, like in the colored manga image... not blue... whatever. Maybe it was just the setting... that was blue. Sasuke looked a little blue too...lol. boogie.gif I'm just happy he's in the anime now!

Edited by nekovi, 18 June 2009 - 06:21 PM.

So baby keep my heart, beat b-beat beat beating. She’s the soul reason I keep believing that we're gonna die like this.

#4 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

I was impressed by it - Sasuke was especially creepy when he was talking to Kabuto near the end. Things seem to be moving along at a good steady pace too, so I'm pretty content all around happy.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

I was impressed with this episode. And the writers finally made some good writing for the flashback (Nawaki died when the trap was triggered for example).

I can't wait to see Suigetsu! biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#6 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

Good episode, but showing Pain was a mistake.
manga spoilers --Click here to view--
Tsunade recognized God Realm upon seeing him. So if Orochimaru had ever saw him, then he would have as well and I think that would've been pretty important. (For one, data on him would have been in the Akatsuki handbook Kabuto gave to Naruto)

And I'm pretty sure he never left Hidden Rain, which the place they were at didn't look like.

Can't wait for next episode. Suigetsu!!

#7 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 18 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was impressed with this episode. And the writers finally made some good writing for the flashback (Nawaki died when the trap was triggered for example).

I can't wait to see Suigetsu! biggrin.gif

They went kind of overboard with how caring they made Orochimaru- remember how ugly he was in canon when Nawaki died? And the Sanin were only about 16 then. I definitely WTF when he cried while observing Dan's death. But oh well, it was nice to get some new scenes of the adult characters when they were younger.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#8 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

I noticed that too Ciardha but I dont think he was crying, looked like a rain drop to me.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#9 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 19 2009, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They went kind of overboard with how caring they made Orochimaru- remember how ugly he was in canon when Nawaki died? And the Sanin were only about 16 then. I definitely WTF when he cried while observing Dan's death. But oh well, it was nice to get some new scenes of the adult characters when they were younger.

I noticed that too but I think that it was just Rain but I could be wrong.

#10 tosakuai

tosakuai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Nature, Family, and learning about anything Japanese

Posted 21 June 2009 - 04:35 AM

I thought the episode was awesome. I especially liked the last couple of minutes when everyone else was reacting to the red sunset. Very artistic mentioning the movement of the red clouds possibly a reference to the movement of Akasuki, the eye of the hawk possibly a reference to Sasuke, the twin stars in the night sky behind Itachi where the higher of the stars turns into a shooting star possibly a hint at a fight between two brothers and the older one...(spoilers if you don't read the manga).

I've also noticed that the last few episodes Naruto has really had a growth spurt. I didn't realize how much until I saw Shippuden episode 1 lately.

I did think it was interesting to see Orochimaru as a more human character, but I agree that the scene where Dan dies that it was just a rain drop. Tears usually pool more around the eyes in anime from what I've noticed. Orochimaru has always been really creepy so it was interesting to see how he got that way.

#11 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

Awesome-ness. biggrin.gif

#12 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:52 AM

good night sweet prince

orochimaru's send off episode, animation looks like its back on par, or maybe it was cuz i downloaded it instead of streaming... oh well...who cares

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users