475 replies to this topic

#41 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:25 PM

So, how's it been with the toddler bed? I think we may be getting close to doing the same thing for Molly but I'm super apprehensive about making the switch.
Your turkey looked delicious!! And what a beautiful ultrasound.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#42 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

The toddler bed's a good idea! happy.gif as long as Molly isn't a restless sleeper.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#43 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Dec 1 2011, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, how's it been with the toddler bed? I think we may be getting close to doing the same thing for Molly but I'm super apprehensive about making the switch.
Your turkey looked delicious!! And what a beautiful ultrasound.

Still getting use to the toddler bed ^^' now without the crib my son can get out of bed when he chooses, and he has free range of our bedroom. So taking naps which were a breeze before are now a game of back and forth. One of us has to be in the room to correct him when he gets out of bed. Its a bit frustrating but I think hes getting the hang of it. I know the feeling of being apprehensive to make the change, I'm still kinda in that mode lol. However I'll take a toddler bed over him successfully climbing out of his crib and seriously hurting himself. The cue for us to make the change was catching him with his leg over the crib rail. If you need tips you know where to turn biggrin.gif
Omg our turkey was so yummy and I think being preggers made it taste even better XD Oh and thanks on that ultrasound, it melted my heart.

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 1 2011, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The toddler bed's a good idea! happy.gif as long as Molly isn't a restless sleeper.

Very true my son is a dramatic sleeper, however kids are smart and fast learners. So over time they'll learn they cant toss and turn in a toddler bed like they could in a crib.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#44 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

Well y'now at that age they're pretty active might toss and turn a lot so most lower the bed a good

#45 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 1 2011, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well y'now at that age they're pretty active might toss and turn a lot so most lower the bed a good

Lol believe me I know XD

#46 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:37 PM

Molly's crib is super low. She's climbing on other stuff a lot but I think she still lacks the strength to pull herself over the crib wall. I'm so not ready to play the back and forth game with her at bed time. sweatdrop.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#47 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

I love the sign: "We child-proofed the house...but they keep getting in!" It's so true! At first it's a little guard rail, then before you know it every thing with a hinge is under lock and key! biggrin.gif

Lovely, lovely sonogram picture too. Thanks for letting us share in your joy!

Edited by tricksie, 02 December 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#48 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

I still remember when I was younger causing chaos in my house for my parents, they always said they needed to kid proof everything to keep me out of things. tongue.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#49 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Dec 2 2011, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the sign: "We child-proofed the house...but they keep getting in!" It's so true! At first it's a little guard rail, then before you know it every thing with a hinge is under lock and key! biggrin.gif

Lovely, lovely sonogram picture too. Thanks for letting us share in your joy!

Awe thanks so much Tricksie biggrin.gif its my pleasure to share my happiness with you guys.

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Dec 2 2011, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still remember when I was younger causing chaos in my house for my parents, they always said they needed to kid proof everything to keep me out of things. tongue.gif

I was the same too I was a terror when I was a toddler or so I've heard. Oh well looks like I'm paying for it now lol!!

#50 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

Do you need any help around
do you need help around your house for Christmas? happy.gif

#51 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

It's kinda quiet in my house now since we no longer do that stuff, sometimes I miss doing the stuff I did when I was younger. tongue.gif

"They don't want none"

#52 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 4 2011, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you need any help around
do you need help around your house for Christmas? happy.gif

Oh man if only you knew XD Phantom.

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Dec 4 2011, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's kinda quiet in my house now since we no longer do that stuff, sometimes I miss doing the stuff I did when I was younger. tongue.gif

I know what you mean having a kid brings back memories of when I was young.

QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 5 2011, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I bet she does. Just let us know, Konohakitten, and we're on our way to help. happy.gif

Awe you and Phantom are so sweet biggrin.gif thankies!!

So today everywhere was covered in a thick layer of fog. I was really hoping for some snow but that doesn't stop it from being frigid outside. Since I live in a desert we rarely get lots of snow so we're happy with whatever we can get. The one thing we are know for is black ice D: and since we aren't use to ice and snow ppl always epically fail when driving. John just called me from work and he told me that while driving you couldn't even see ppls head lights. I'm so happy he got to work safe, but it looks like he'll have lots of mornings like that from now on. Since he leaves home at 5:15am its still very dark and super cold outside. What's the weather like right now with you guys? Today we're having a high of 42 degrees Fahrenheit and a low of 23 burrrrr.

#53 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

It's not too bad in California, it's about in the 60s here, but still it's pretty cold during the nights, only in the low 30, mid 20s.

"They don't want none"

#54 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Dec 5 2011, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man if only you knew XD Phantom.

I know what you mean having a kid brings back memories of when I was young.

Awe you and Phantom are so sweet biggrin.gif thankies!!

So today everywhere was covered in a thick layer of fog. I was really hoping for some snow but that doesn't stop it from being frigid outside. Since I live in a desert we rarely get lots of snow so we're happy with whatever we can get. The one thing we are know for is black ice D: and since we aren't use to ice and snow ppl always epically fail when driving. John just called me from work and he told me that while driving you couldn't even see ppls head lights. I'm so happy he got to work safe, but it looks like he'll have lots of mornings like that from now on. Since he leaves home at 5:15am its still very dark and super cold outside. What's the weather like right now with you guys? Today we're having a high of 42 degrees Fahrenheit and a low of 23 burrrrr.

Oh, which desert? Well the weather here's not too bad but no snow yet. Anyways When you need help we'll come biggrin.gif

#55 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Dec 5 2011, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not too bad in California, it's about in the 60s here, but still it's pretty cold during the nights, only in the low 30, mid 20s.

We were still in the 60's about 2 weeks ago and then all of a sudden winter decided to come XD

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 5 2011, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, which desert? Well the weather here's not too bad but no snow yet. Anyways When you need help we'll come biggrin.gif

I live in Texas so it's always hot here biggrin.gif

Well I got the snow I so wanted so bad today, and I was trapped out in the middle of the storm :/ it was beyond cold. It started snowing at 5pm and its still snowing hard right now. I can only imagine what it's going to look like tomorrow morning. If there's still know I'll share with some pictures.

#56 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

If you want to. biggrin.gif I'd like to see them

#57 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:18 AM

I wish I could tell old man Winter to take a hike. tongue.gif

"They don't want none"

#58 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Dec 6 2011, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish I could tell old man Winter to take a hike. tongue.gif

Lol agreed he's just chilling here in Texas, I'm bundled up all day!

So then an update on my sons antics, he cut his ring finger pretty bad the other day D: I had just opened a can of corn the night before but I had only used half so I placed it in the fridge so I could use the rest for dinner. Anyhow as I was making dinner I opened the fridge to get some essentials and here comes Kaiden to investigate. He got the can of corn and shoved his hand inside. When he tried to pull his hand out he sliced the tip of his finger. I turned around to see him struggling with an omg mom save me face so I quickly grabbed the can and pushed the lid down so he could pull his hand out. Let me tell you there was blood everywhere D: instead of panicking I pick my son up and ran to the bath room and place gauze on his finger. It took a while to stop the bleeding what with a 22 month old wiggling and crying as I placed pressure on his finger. Finally the bleeding stopped and I was able to see the damage. He sliced the tip of his finger from one side to another, I felt so horrible D: I cleaned it up and dressed it and called his doctor the next day. I knew he had already had a tetanus shot but I wanted to make sure. He went to the doc yesterday and she had his cut re cleaned and re bandaged his finger since he had taken off the bandage I had placed the night before.

After a trip to Walmart we returned home with a new first aid kit and some liquid band aid. This way he has nothing to peel off and his finger is safe. He was a little always from getting stitches, but the doc agreed with me that his cut was deep but not deep enough to get sown up. This is just one of the many shenanigans my son gets himself into. Chances that my next one is nice and calm are slim lol, something tells me that even if I have a girl she'll give me a run for my money.

#59 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

Oh boy... that must have been frightening, but at least nothing bad happened to you son, and I always seem to do that to myself when I open up a can of chili, I cut my finger, and it ends up bleeding, but not to the point where I need gauze, but just a good old band-aid.

"They don't want none"

#60 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

That might scar sad.gif Well It's good he doesn't need stitches.

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 December 2011 - 10:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users