Hiroshi Yamauchi passes away at 85.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Article at Polygon

The man who made Nintendo into a global gaming powerhouse, Hiroshi Yamauchi, has passed away today.

Without Yamauchi, Nintendo would never have become a video games company, and console gaming most likely would not have recovered from the Atari crash of the early 80's.  There would have been no Nintendo consoles or handhelds.  The world would never have had Shigeru Miyamoto games - no Donkey Kong, no Mario, no Zelda!

The video game industry would be so completely different today, and most likely a lot poorer.

Thanks for all those childhood gaming memories, Hiroshi Yamauchi.

#2 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

There would be no Playstation, or Xbox either. Rest in Peace, and thank you Yamauchi

\

#3 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Godfather of gaming?

RIP old man.

#4 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Sad news, Thank you Yamauchi-sama for my childhood, RIP.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#5 Nintendist

Nintendist

mi6 agent 2006 double oh series

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Sbt,old internet stuff,90s,80s,Windows all,all thing

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

No god , please no god , ok make the lucky for the heavens

inter multa, unum , E pluribus unum   doge, i want a adoge flash ,lol 

Nintendo 3ds Flame RED User

Nintendo Wii U Mario KArt 8 deluxe set User

USA USA USA BR USA USA USA

#6 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

Sadface. Honestly, the ONLY THING that can kill Nintendo is these guys beginning to succumb to old age and today it begins. :(

When Miyamoto dies they are in for a rough time. :confused:

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#7 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

R.I.P.

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#8 Ex-psych75

Ex-psych75

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

The man who wouldnt to smile was able to make millions of children do otherwise. Rest in peace yamauchi, may heavens luck be with you.

tumblr_inline_miqm96XVxj1qz4rgp.gif

#9 SkiesEagle

SkiesEagle

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and reading fanfiction :P

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

I found out this evening and I am in shock. Thanks to him that it made my childhood more interesting in gaming. Sad to hear he passed away.

Kweh!~
Chocobos
chocobo narusaku2

#10 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

Godfather of gaming?

RIP old man.

Absolutely. Gamers all over the world should be holding a funeral. Virtual or otherwise. Without him, gaming would never have happened. He truly is the Steve Jobs of his time.

RIP.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#11 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Requiescat In Pacem, Mr. Yamauchi. Thank you for a very important part of my childhood.

Thank you for steering your company towards the toy market. Thank yo for saving the video game market after it crashed and burnt in America. Thank you for the NES, SNES, Gameboy, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo DS. Thank you for Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Wario Land, Fire Emblem, Mother, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, F-Zero, Star Fox... and other less known Nintendo games like Star Tropics, Ice Climbers, Mole Mania, Kaeru no Tame ni Naru, Shin Onigashima, Clu Clu Land, Joy Mech Fight, Wave Race... Thank for other sagas and games were born and thrived in Nintendo consoles like Mega Man, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Super Robot Wars, Battle Toads, Crystalis, Blaster Master, Shantae, Terranigma, Seiken Densetsu, Final Fight, Contra, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Evermore, Killer Instinct, Banjo-Kazooie...

You have made happy millions of kids all over the world since the eighties, and I hope that has earned you a place in Heaven.

Thank you.

P. D.: Likewise, Sega became so good because your company's success forced them to improve themselves. And Sonic was born because Mario. Thus, like a Sega fanboy, you also have my gratitude.

Edited by Jenskott, 20 September 2013 - 11:05 AM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

My respects to this GREAT MAN...... *bows head*

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users