#41 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Nov 15 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now you've got me thinking of Potter analogies.

1) Initially Ron treated Hermoine badly because he thought she was annoying and interfering with his life. And Ron has pink/red hair. That makes it exactly the same as Sakura and Naruto. Umm... except for the annoying person being female and booksmart, instead of male and book-dumb. unsure.gif

But that would make Harry=Sasuke... which is actually growing on me: weird hair, power-ups with the story glossing over the hard work involved, anger/vengeance due to family being killed, etc. And we got Orochimaru and Voldemort He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named both liking snakes. And Dumbledore and Jiraiya dying. (And some fan-fics making Dumbledore a perv...)

If I can figure out how to make Neville=Tenten, just watch out! tongue.gif

2) Harry's chest beast was rather sudden (and somewhat annoying), but I did like the Ginny pairing. Mostly after she stopped being shy around Harry, and reverted to her normal personality: confident & sharp wit. If Hinata had a similar development post-time-skip, rather than remaining a wall flower, I think NaruHina would have been much more interesting idea.

XD I know this is off topic but... Ron and Hermione was a pairing I could see working, and yes it reminds me of NaruSaku. I thought about Harry and Hermione, it had some potential, but Hermione and Ron just /worked/ for me. Their love was an awkward one riddled with flaws and goofs, but it developed all the same. It was HarryxGinny that really had me peeved. Seriously, she and her suddenly awesome self just... Appeared. HarryxGinny fans say they saw 'hints' but prior to the fifth book it was dead. And it was the fifth book that started this "she's so perfect!" syndrome. She went from being the shy, sweet younger sister to super-special-awesome. It was as though her character was changed and molded just so that the pairing could work. No disrespect to J.K Rowling, but it reminded me of how certain NaruHina fanfics change Hinata into a supergirl. It bugged me, and it was so hard watching in theatres.

Granted, just because things didn't work pairing wise for me (though I was pleased with the Trio interactions, made me all nostalgia) there were TONS more scenes that were enjoyable. Snaaaaape ;-; And, in the 6th movie that went out of its way to push Ginny into my face... Malfoy was amazing. I wish they had more of that instead of that odd Burrow-burning scene... For those of you who haven't watched it yet, you'll see what I mean oO Oh whyyyyyy? Cut into precious movie minutes.

With Naruto I'd definitely keep watching to see the ending, but I would be immensly dissapointed. I don't want to see an ending where NaruHina is possible, or where SasuKarin becomes the next great romance. As long as the ending it fleshed out enjoyable, I will just ignore the pairing side of it. The plot is interesting, but scatttered, and I'm not a big fan of large fights unless they were tied to plot. Sasuke and Deidara, though fun to watch in the anime, was a lil uninteresting when seen in the manga. Itachi and Sasuke, on the other hand, was something I was really into because hey, look, progress! This is something Sasuke has been waiting, training for! The outcome was actually significant, instead of... Oh, look, another Akatsuki down. Didn't see that coming. Subtle romance and character development is what I need to follow every plot twist, action scene, ninjutsu, whatever. Without it the series isn't as enjoyable. If the development that I've seen so far falls then what am I looking for except for the conclusion? I probably will find a lot, and I still have all that NaruSaku development to sigh over.

Similarly to how I dealt with Avatar endgame pairings, as long as there are significant moments between Naruto and Sakura, I think I'll be okay.

#42 Naruto_Sage

Naruto_Sage

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

i would be angry.....wat else is there to say I think ur thinking negative we could all just refuse to perchase, watch, support, or even read the manga in protest in other words boycott it like the colonists did to protest the taxes on british goods besides that nothing

A LIVING LEGEND

#43 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:47 AM

I would be fairly ambivalent. Kishi can do what he wants with his manga... wouldn't be the end of the world, I'd still read Naruto smile.gif

I would hope for development of any pairings (except NaruHina unsure.gif ) simply because I'm a closet romantic! Unless... Kishi pulled something like a crack pairing, lol.
meh.

#44 Manda

Manda

Miss LoveDoctor ❤

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Music, Drawing, Writing, Graphics, Anime &amp; Manga, Photoshop, H&amp;E, NF, Food, Ice Cream and my friends. &lt;333

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

I'd be disappointed and sad for sure, but in time, I will find other and better interests and I will gradually learn to move on. And even if we do loose (I actually don't think we will, but oh well) it's not the end of the world. There will always be better things you'll learn to love and enjoy later, after all.

Manda. → Dana
deviantartfanfictionlivejournalmyanimelistdomain

#45 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

Well, if worse comes to worse...we can always re-write the Naruto story to our own liking.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#46 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

Ill move on. Naruto will just be a good manga with a terrible romantic subplot.

And I agree, if Hinata had Ginny's development, I wouldn,t mind NaruHina.

But who couldn't see Harry/Ginny. She was such a "Harry needs love interest. Two books left. Who will I use? Ah, Ginny"

The whole redhead falls for hero thing gets annoying after awhile
BLACK AND WHITE

#47 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (socermania2 @ Nov 24 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The whole redhead falls for hero thing gets annoying after awhile

You know what is worse than that?

Random emo dark hair girl falls for hero who is more emo and flamboyant....*cough*Twilight*cough*

Edited by James S Cassidy, 24 November 2009 - 10:16 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#48 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:00 AM

Ah...........yes. TWILIGHT

It proved that love angst can be funny.
BLACK AND WHITE

#49 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Raspberii @ Nov 19 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless... Kishi pulled something like a crack pairing, lol.

Like Naruto and Tenten? LOL

#50 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

I'm thinking more along the lines of Naruto x Tayuya. You know, she never really died, and all that jazz.

wow.png

The Namikaze males all have a thing for the redheads, certainly. Especially the tomboyish (perhaps foul-mouthed?) ones.

cool.gif

Edited by Paradox Jast, 29 November 2009 - 06:19 PM.

#51 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Nov 15 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Similarly to how I dealt with Avatar endgame pairings, as long as there are significant moments between Naruto and Sakura, I think I'll be okay.

are you talking about the show with the Fire, Water, Air and Earth Bending or something totally different?

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Nov 29 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking more along the lines of Naruto x Tayuya. You know, she never really died, and all that jazz.

wow.png

The Namikaze males all have a thing for the redheads, certainly. Especially the tomboyish (perhaps foul-mouthed?) ones.

cool.gif

I wish knew who that was

#52 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:09 PM

Tayuya link

Thats her. Supposedly she died at the end of the Sasuke retrieval arc, but it was left ambiguous. I mean, you could see the top half of her body, but it looked like the bottom half was crushed, so unless she got really really lucky, she probably died.

She's the source of a lot of crackfics... some of the best written ones I've had the pleasure of reading.

Edited by Paradox Jast, 29 November 2009 - 10:10 PM.

#53 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:40 AM

If we lose, I lose the bet to my shipping rival and have to write a sasusaku fanfic, produce an AMV and draw a 20 page SasuSaku fancomic. So yeah, I hope Kishi pulls through. tongue.gif

#54 I heart donuts

I heart donuts

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:25 AM

If we lose: I promised my bro I'd clean his room and do his chores for the next 3 months, plus I'd have to give him 20 dollars. And if he loses (he's a SasuSaku fan) he'd have to buy me and my friend's 2 donuts each, help with the garden, and give me 20 dollars!
"I heart donuts" says: Doughnuts can be radio-active, just look at Homer Simpson. He eats donuts even though he works in a Nuclear Power Plant.
"Homer" says: So??? I'm still alive...
"I heart donuts" says: But you're a cartoon
"Homer" says: Your point is...
"I heart donuts" says: -.-

Ahhh...The power of instant-chat...

#55 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (I heart donuts @ Dec 12 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we lose: I promised my bro I'd clean his room and do his chores for the next 3 months, plus I'd have to give him 20 dollars. And if he loses (he's a SasuSaku fan) he'd have to buy me and my friend's 2 donuts each, help with the garden, and give me 20 dollars!

When it is settled, you should be charitable in victory.
Use the $20 to buy him a copy of the volume of Naruto where we see narusaku.gif .
a_thumbs.gif

#56 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:48 AM

Read me some awesome harem fanfiction every once in awhile, with some NaruSaku fanart/fanfiction thrown in . biggrin.gif

#57 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:19 PM

I would just accept it. It's Kishimoto-sama's desicion, not ours,
>.>
<.<
Unfortunately

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#58 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

I would probably just deal, I mean, I can't really do anything about it... but I will say that I would be very disappointed. (Way too much development for nothing).

But I'm not really worried, I mean, Kishi said he wanted to add romance in Shippuden and NaruSaku seems to be the only pair right now with a whole manga worth of development.

But if we lose, there are plenty of other things in this world to do, no reason to let this get us down : )

#59 Myth

Myth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:02 AM

hm.. even I dont want to believe that we will lose .)
İn order to survive,we cling to all we know and understand and we label it reality but knowledge and understanding are ambiguous that reality could be an illusion, all humans live with the wrong assumptions isnt that another way of looking at it.

UCHİHA İTACHİ.

#60 I heart donuts

I heart donuts

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:09 AM

If we lose, I'd be disappointed, but would get over it (eventually). Hopefully we don't lose! GO NARUSAKU!!!
"I heart donuts" says: Doughnuts can be radio-active, just look at Homer Simpson. He eats donuts even though he works in a Nuclear Power Plant.
"Homer" says: So??? I'm still alive...
"I heart donuts" says: But you're a cartoon
"Homer" says: Your point is...
"I heart donuts" says: -.-

Ahhh...The power of instant-chat...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users