What if we lose?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
314 replies to this topic

#21 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Nov 11 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sorry I just see no reason to lose faith in a wittier, for a paring even, if you don't like the paring. Its just beyonnd me that people invest so much into parings.

The same reason people get invested in a good book series, like for me the Sword of Truth saga by Terry Goodkind. Or why they get hooked onto a favourite tv show, or even a movie. It's called fandom. Human beings generally like to feel a connection with the show/book/movie/series they're into, as that connection can lead to many wonderful interactions in and out of that particular fandom. And here is a definition of the term to further emphasize why we love our pairings so much:

Fandom is a term used to refer to a subculture composed of fans characterized by a feeling of sympathy and camaraderie with others who share a common interest. Fans typically are interested in even minor details of the object(s) of their fandom and spend a significant portion of their time and energy involved with their interest, often as a part of a social network with particular practices (a fandom); this is what differentiates "fannish" (fandom-affiliated) fans from those with only a casual interest.

#22 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Nov 11 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi will confirm every negative opinion I have of his writing (yet again) and life will go on.

Couldn't have said it any better Nate.

#23 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:26 AM

Good summation, everybody! And SakuraBlossoms, you make my unhealthy obsession with Naruto sound so important wow.png

I guess it's just the feeling of being a part of something, even if it's posting stuff on a forum. I almost feel like I have a family here. Almost.

So my empathy for Naruto has led me to see Sakura as the girl for him. I wouldn't have it any other way, really. And in fact, I like squealing like a fangirl whenever Naruto does something cool or laugh when he does something dumb, and I like that when Naruto was acknowledged by the village, I felt like I'd been acknowledged too, or at least like I'd been partly responsible.

'Cause I'm a nerd like that pictureem0.gif

#24 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 11 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The same reason people get invested in a good book series, like for me the Sword of Truth saga by Terry Goodkind. Or why they get hooked onto a favourite tv show, or even a movie. It's called fandom. Human beings generally like to feel a connection with the show/book/movie/series they're into, as that connection can lead to many wonderful interactions in and out of that particular fandom. And here is a definition of the term to further emphasize why we love our pairings so much:

smile.gif i want to hug you, you make me feel warm and fuzzy smile.gif

and interesting definition, i always thought fan was short for fanatic lol.

anyway, i think Naruto has had the most effect on me through having something to attach to and sharing it with others, so i agree with you smile.gif

#25 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:37 AM

Honestly, I'd deal with it. I'd be fine with it so long as nothing else happened, and if it was because Sakura or Naruto died. Otherwise, all hell'd break loose, and I'd not be happy in the least with the result. I wouldn't disown the franchise, but I would call the series a mess if all that development was for naught. It isn't going to happen though, if there's one thing Kishimoto has tried to do, it's be consistent with the story. If he isn't trying to do something special with NaruSaku, then he's missing out on a huge opportunity.

#26 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:42 AM

Hallelujah 111193.gif

#27 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 11 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You speak the truth my friend handshake.gif

And I was never 'blind' to Ron/Hermoine. I saw it, but never appreciated how much of a jerk Ron constantly was to Hermoine, and she still took him. JK just sent the worst kind of message to her female readers with that pairing. That it's okay to date and ugh marry D: the guy that is a verbally abusive, mean git to you.

She basically just repeated what she did with the generation before, except James was even worse to Lilly and basically part of the gang of school bullies. Rowling even said Lilly really did love Snape, and that if Lilly had chosen Snape he would have never become a Deatheater. (I think that would have been a much better story actually- and there's some good Lilly/Snape fanfics that explore that.)

I knew it was going to be Ginny/Harry too- Ginny was way too obvious an author insert character. wink.gif

Sasusaku clearly has zero chance of happening as of chapter 469 and any chance of Naruhina ended with Hinata's smile in chapter 450. The only ships involving members of Team 7 that have any chance at this point are narusaku and narusasu. I know the later won't happen because Naruto is hetrosexual and more than a little homophobic, but you could read Naruto's words in 470 NarutoxSasuke way, and the yaoi shippers definitely are. (and starting to ramp up their Sakura bashing as well) What would be hysterical would be when Naruto and Sasuke fight next time that Sasuke screams out a love confession to Naruto. ("I'm in love with you so I have to kill you! My love for you is keeping me from fully embracing hatred!") Can you imagine Naruto's bug eyed shock at that confession?

Edited by ciardha, 12 November 2009 - 04:44 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#28 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:53 AM

All I know is if we lose (when some random event happening for SasuSaku and NaruHina), headbanging on anything hard will begin. (and I will not be happy, that's like one of my favorite shows suddenly ended with a bad ending.)

But I won't give up, because like Shauna had said about her experience, the NaruSaku fandom gave me the chance to explore and gain new friendships online and hopefully I will meet them offline. And if all the talks of defending NaruSaku goes down the drain by Kishimoto without any believable backup information, then it will be a waste of my and everyone else's time here.

And anyway, I'm not going to worry about the lose result because I'm very positive that at the time of the end of the series, I know NaruSaku will not be wasted. One thing for sure is this, Naruto is one of the series that is supposed to have the happy ending.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:55 AM

@Ciardha

heheelq7.png

Though I agree with you, I wouldn't be so quick to claim the deaths of SS/NH. Just, you know, for safe measure... a_shifty.gif

And honestly, in terms of plot and development, NaruSaku really is the most canon pairing. Besides SasuNaru. The NH/SS fans only see their big bursts of development, but forget the subtle, steady growth NaruSaku has had, just because it's a little more gradual. What we need to ''catch up,'' in their eyes, is a burst of development ourselves; Actually, if I'm correct, and NaruSaku is still on course, that is where it's heading, in terms of plot.

A big bang to begin NaruSaku wink.gif

#30 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:10 AM

Um you know that was a development stage for the both of them right? He never treated her badly, because he never worshipped the ground she walked on.y. People fight in relationships, she just showed that people can Fight and still love each other. Roles eyes, and it called being a teenager.

Did you know that Jkr was surpassed Snape had a fan Following? She was even

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Derock, I follow the story to the end no matter what happens.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 12 November 2009 - 05:25 AM.

#31 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:57 AM

Well, if we by some stroke of ill-luck lost, then guess what? We move on. Yes, the (rabid) NaruHina and SasuSaku fans would have a field day on us for liking NaruSaku. Personally, I would still like NaruSaku, maybe even more because it would be non-canon pairing in that sense. Crack-pairings are all the more fun. I'll say it right now, NaruSaku is my favorite pairing, but NaruTemari and NaruTayuya are my second and third place choices.

I'd still like NaruSaku, and support the ideals that the pairing has. Two teammates who care for each other, willing to risk life and limb for the other's safety, and even run to them when they're coated in a demonic fox coat and likely to lash out at you (Go Sakura, you were showing true care for our blond back there in 4 tails vs Orochimaru, I expected nothing less biggrin.gif )

So, in short; if we lost the supposed battle that pairings constantly cause, we'd still have our dignity in supporting a pairing. It's better to be a fan even if your team loses than be a fair weather fan. Above all else, I am a fan of Naruto the series. The story is what is most important to me, the pairings and occasional touch of romance are just bonuses.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#32 Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead

Droogie

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Metal, Naruto, NASCAR, Icha Icha

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:31 AM

if we loose, it will be all the more reason for me to get the NaruSaku tattoo that i've been talking about (you know, the one where they are riding on a Custom Harley-Davidson)

"The Crow Flies Straight, A Perfect line. On The Devil's Back Until You Die..."

#33 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

Frankly ? i won't really care much. I stopped reading the manga ages ago. Also.... there will still be tons of well written NaruSaku fics... So not much will change in my case
lol.

also...... why the frack did this topic turn into a Harry potter pairing war ? D=

#34 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Nov 12 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also...... why the frack did this topic turn into a Harry potter pairing war ? D=

it is the manifestation of our greatest fears... emoticon_monocle.gif

#35 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

If it does happen where Naruto ends up with Hinata, then I would be disappointed, but not surprised. This has happened with several manga I have read already where I wanted a certain couple to get together.

One example would be Fruits Basket....I know I know, but I love the manga or should I say used to.

I had volumes 1-12 and each volume boosted the whole Tohru and Yuki relationship because of how much interaction they had. Natsuki Takaya even had in one chapter where Yuki was Tohru's first love and I thought "Alright, now this is getting good."

All of a sudden Takaya completly changed the story and had Tohru fall in love with Kyo. The abusive character that everyone pitied and who always told Tohru to shut up or something for no reason at all. Not even for comic relief. He did it cause he was a complete jerk. At least with Sakura and Naruto it was always because Naruto does something stupid and she sets him straight.

I never bought another Furuba manga after that. Not even because Tohru ended up with Kyo, but because the manga just changed so fast from one point to another. In one volume, everyone jsut changes personality.

Funny thing is, this ended a relationship with my second GF because we had an argument over it. Stupid us, huh? From then on, I always had high hopes, but always retained a sense of modesty so I can not be disappointed if what I want doesn't happen.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#36 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

I'd be a bit dissapointed, but I'd continue to follow Naruto. I won't base my enjoyment of a manga on who ends up with who, though I hope it works out for our side. Honestly, I'm very confident NaruSaku will be canon, but if Kishi goes with NaruHina I'd like to see some development between the two before anything major goes down. Naruto hasn't really shown any romantic interest in Hinata, so having him be with her right away would kinda be outta nowhere.

#37 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Nov 11 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, the (rabid) NaruHina and SasuSaku fans would have a field day on us for liking NaruSaku.

Lol I have nightmares about that!

JLHza2T.png

#38 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 11 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I lost complete interest and respect in JK Rowling, and the Harry Potter series when she pulled that rabbit out of her hat or rather that 'beast' from Harry's chest that was Harry/Ginny and Hermoine/Ron. I will still watch the new movies, and I live on the fanfics of Harry/Hermoine. But Naruto I've invested 4 very long and enjoyable years into this fandom. If for some unbelievable, random, crazy reason Kishi decides to pull his own rabbit out, then while I would be heartbroken I would still at least read the final battle. But that's it.

QFT.

... and for also being by Sakura.

Why? Well, why not?

Oh, and it relates to my thoughts on Harry Potter. I really need to sit down and write a script for that sometime...

#39 Devil Keyz

Devil Keyz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (SugarPie @ Nov 12 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd die. Thats right just lay down and die. arg.gif I mean like it would be end of the world. argh1.png Just too much to handle! Jk but I would be dissapointed. If narusaku doesn't happen that doesn't mean naruhina or sasusaku would happen. It would be like pulled out of nowhere. I would accept naruhina if it got some developement but never sasusaku. Narusaku has way more developement and I don't think all that will just go down the toilet or something. Why would it not happen?

I would die lol na but i would stop watchin nartuo.. Which brings me to what I have mentioned before, I Don't Think that there will be ANY character couple's within' the series ( I have only watched the Anime, but Read the manga were Sakura Say's she loves Naruto biggrin.gif ) Because SO many fan's would be dissapointed in either way, no matter what the couple is.

#40 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 11 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I lost complete interest and respect in JK Rowling, and the Harry Potter series when she pulled that rabbit out of her hat or rather that 'beast' from Harry's chest that was Harry/Ginny and Hermoine/Ron.

Now you've got me thinking of Potter analogies.

1) Initially Ron treated Hermoine badly because he thought she was annoying and interfering with his life. And Ron has pink/red hair. That makes it exactly the same as Sakura and Naruto. Umm... except for the annoying person being female and booksmart, instead of male and book-dumb. unsure.gif

But that would make Harry=Sasuke... which is actually growing on me: weird hair, power-ups with the story glossing over the hard work involved, anger/vengeance due to family being killed, etc. And we got Orochimaru and Voldemort He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named both liking snakes. And Dumbledore and Jiraiya dying. (And some fan-fics making Dumbledore a perv...)

If I can figure out how to make Neville=Tenten, just watch out! tongue.gif

2) Harry's chest beast was rather sudden (and somewhat annoying), but I did like the Ginny pairing. Mostly after she stopped being shy around Harry, and reverted to her normal personality: confident & sharp wit. If Hinata had a similar development post-time-skip, rather than remaining a wall flower, I think NaruHina would have been much more interesting idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users