• This topic is locked This topic is locked
225 replies to this topic

#1 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:31 AM

Click For Spoiler

Ok, judging from the new chapter that's put out. With Sasuke's total lack of hesitation to kill Sakura or anyone else for that matter...

What else can SasuSaku people say really?

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#2 Bring-on-the-Thunder

Bring-on-the-Thunder

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />writing<br />tae kwon do/judo<br />sports<br />horses/animals<br />languages/cultures<br />I love Naruto! ^_^<br />

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ May 27 2006, 08:31 PM)
Click For Spoiler

Ok, judging from the new chapter that's put out. With Sasuke's total lack of hesitation to kill Sakura or anyone else for that matter...

Ummm...they can lie to themselves and say that Sasuke never really meant to hurt her, that deep down he really loves her. He just has a funny way of showing it. That was a joke...sorry, I'm just really bored and I thought you covered it pretty well, so I just said something...happy.gif

#3 surlymoogle

surlymoogle

DEUCES

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 05:46 AM

"Sasuke is just trying to convince himself that he doesn't need them! He didn't MEAN it, he was just trying to scare them off because he didn't want to fight them!"

Uh-huh. If it makes you feel better...

#4 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 05:53 AM

I've heard at least one SasuSaku say "We can ignore everything Sasuke is doing now because he's fallen completely under the influence of the cursed seal. When he gets out of it, he'll remember how Sakura was willing to endure all the troubles he had [with Orochimaru] to be with him."

Of course, I find that argument a bit... um... flimsy. But it is one that they are clinging to, and one I find rather hard to argue against since... well, it's entirely faith-based, from what I can tell, and you'll never argue someone out of their faith without concrete evidence to the contrary.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#5 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (desaix @ May 28 2006, 05:53 AM)
I've heard at least one SasuSaku say "We can ignore everything Sasuke is doing now because he's fallen completely under the influence of the cursed seal.  When he gets out of it, he'll remember how Sakura was willing to endure all the troubles he had [with Orochimaru] to be with him."

Of course, I find that argument a bit... um... flimsy.  But it is one that they are clinging to, and one I find rather hard to argue against since... well, it's entirely faith-based, from what I can tell, and you'll never argue someone out of their faith without concrete evidence to the contrary.

My only problem with that paper thin reason, he didn't have the seal activated. And i thought the seal just aguments you're abilities, not turn you to the dark side. If that was true wouldn't Anko be chillin' in Orochimarus clique? She's got a seal also.

#6 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:41 AM

They don't have a leg left to stand on, it was cut off when Sasuke tried to kill Sakura, that was when SasuSaku died, that and the fact that Sakura didnt hesitate to attack Sasuke when she saw Naruto was in danger.

uc.png

#7 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:13 AM

Don't you people know? Sasuke was trying to test Sakura, to see if she has gotten stronger. And if she has, he'll allow her to join him to beat Itachi! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif :o

Playing devil's advocate only works if you believe in what you say

#8 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:21 AM

How can something die that was never there to begin with?

No, I think people are going to keep pushing for this even long after the series is over and nobody else cares anymore. Because that's just what they do.

#9 tombadgerlock

tombadgerlock

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:45 AM

yeah, a bit like the whole hermione draco in harry potter ....:/
anyway, a pairing doesn't need to be canon to be good. i like narusaku and hhr because i believe they are good for each other, no other reason...

#10 LokiNishizaki

LokiNishizaki

Dolemite for President.

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Who wants to know?

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:42 PM

SasuSaku... I've always seen it as something that was undead. So even if Kishimoto ends up pairing Naruto and Sakura, they'll still be here. The only thing that'll really change is that they'll lose their ***MY PAIRING IS CANON!!!11!!1!!!!*** argument.

I mean really, if you have to constantly rationalize the character's actions, then there's a good chance the pairing is dead. A true canon pairing is one that relies on fact, not on hypothesis.

NaruSaku? Canon or near it. You can't get any more obvious than this.

SasuSaku? At this point it's almost entirely fanon. When the series began there was a chance, however small, that it would happen. Now? Not unless Kishimoto pulls a rabbit out of his ass, and that would kill my love for this series.

NaruSasu? So far from canon it isn't even in the same lexicon. I hesitate to call it fanon because the fans are entirely divided when it comes to this.
In these demon days, It's so cold inside
So hard for a good soul to survive
You can't even trust the air you breathe
Because mother earth wants us all to leave

Gorillaz
Song: Demon Days.
Album : Demon Days

#11 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:45 PM

I agree with Tom. As long as they aren't going out of their way to bother us, the SasuSakus can believe whatever they want. ^^ I mean, hell, my OTP (KanoIno) will probably never happen, but I can still cling to it, right? XD

And...I also think it's still a little early to be jumping to conclusions. Until Naruto and Sakura are actually together, anything, regardless of how unlikely it may be, is game. (And even then, you can't expect the SSers to drop their pairing like a hot potato. It doesn't work that way. XD Would we let go of NaruSaku if NH or SS became a reality? I doubt it very highly).

#12 DazeDreamer

DazeDreamer

Free Falling

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:17 PM

Yeah well the Americans (like me) are flocking towards the SakuSasu because we are in the 20-40 episodes and the manga is in book 9 or 10 (can't remember). Somewhere there. We're in the first part of the chunnin exams. But for all the other people who have read the japanese manga/anime are now leaning towards the NaruSaku. Especially if we've reading the further manga chapters. happy.gif Plus yeah the SakuSasu possiblity was something I hated with a passion. Still my friend is telling me all the hints of SakuSasu. They are completely reasonable. (I still hated though. XD) So really there was SakuSasu but then it switched to NaruSaku. So yeah the SakuSasu fans are now either dropping that couple or trying to find somesort of loophole. They won't find it. So really the couple is dying from the small spark it was to nothing. And now the SakuSasu stuff (Which is practically a wildfire) is now also dying to nothing as well. Now most of the NaruSaku will grow faster because of this. But yeah the SakuSasu fans are probably saying: "But.. Sakura hated Naruto.. and what about Hinata... and... and Sakura woudln't try to capture him if she wasn't in love with him" Okay answer 1.) That's right. Sakura had hated him. But that's just it. She hated him. Now she is starting or is in love with him. She doesn't know it, but she is. Answer 2.) Yeah well what about Hinata? Did you happen to remember her teammate Kiba? He's a whole lot like Naruto but to a lesser degree. Plus he's her teammate. That could happen ya know! Answer 3.) Ah this is my favorite. She does love him. But only as a close teammate and friend. Nothing more. Nothing less. Still after the latest chapter she probably think of him as a friend. Anyway that's all I have to say! Sayonara!
I only ask for you to notice me.

/l、
(゚、 。 7  ~Meow :3 (Hey there pretty little kitty.)
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

#13 Sorixed

Sorixed

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 03:20 PM

I'm american and before summer started i let my friends borrow my naruto books volume 1-9 my friend took notice in volume 5 that sakura was being nice to Naruto during the exam that ''she doesn't want Naruto's dream takin' from him''.I found out while asking my friend ''do you think hinata will get with Naruto?'' His eyes were like 0_0 and that's how i knew he liked Narusaku furthermore because of that.I have another friend that likes narusaku also.My sasusaku friend read volume 3 the part when sasuke asked about the training and said ''what did sakura say to you''? Naruto's like ''None of your buisness'' so she was thinking sasuke likes sakura,so i let her have that opinion, and i had this other friend who likes Narusasu say she didn't like sasusaku she would make funny comics with sasuke blowing sakura away or have sasuke with a cold blowing fire like''achoo'' at cartoon girls she made .Heh the sasusaku friend had read the latest chapters the japenese people have read when sasuke appeared again(she has read all the chapters online thanks to me)she said''i think sasuke's gay'' in a humor remark."'I said i thought you said he loves sakura? Somehow the subject got changed.

#14 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:13 PM

Well, I didn't think that SasuSaku really had a beginning. Sakura would have literally have to kill herself to please Sasuke, but of course there were sparks to starting the couples. They used to roar loud at the beginning of the series for some, but now that Sasuke has left and Naruto has taken over, the SasuSaku has come down to a low roar. However as NaruSaku Fan stated, most of the SasuSaku fans have dumped it or are fighting for some thing that really isn't there any more. sleep.gif

#15 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 05:37 PM

It amazed me that SasuSaku caught on anyway. It was always a onesided love just like NaruHina. Only difference is Sasuke knows how Sakura feels has always known how Sakura felt and still constantly said, "no" "You're annoying..." and "No..."

But still they remained faithful. After Sasuke rejected Sakura when she poured her heart out to him and left her passed out on a bench. They still remained faithful.

I mean what more can you ask for. THE BOY ISN'T INTERESTED!

#16 Rachel

Rachel

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:04 PM

Lol..I used to like SasuSaku but when I read much further into the manga up until I caught up, my opinion changed. I think NaruSaku is much cuter, more likely, and more believable. Sasuke is never going to be interested in girls, he is too devoted to his goal of killing Itachi. He won't let anything get in is way (remember what he said to Sakura before the exam? "I will not let even you stand in my way.") And he just aint interested! Nothin' more to it!

#17 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:41 PM

If he's lucky he won't become gay. He might think some girls are pretty, but he just doesn't have interest. sleep.gif

#18 Bring-on-the-Thunder

Bring-on-the-Thunder

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />writing<br />tae kwon do/judo<br />sports<br />horses/animals<br />languages/cultures<br />I love Naruto! ^_^<br />

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Vespar @ May 28 2006, 01:13 AM)
Don't you people know? Sasuke was trying to test Sakura, to see if she has gotten stronger. And if she has, he'll allow her to join him to beat Itachi! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif :o

Playing devil's advocate only works if you believe in what you say

Are you serious or are you being sarcastic? To tell the truth, I'm confused with Sasuke and his logic. Does anyone know what's going on in his head?

#19 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:37 PM

I always liked NaruSaku over SasuSaku even in the beginning of the series. Narusaku may have started out as a onesided crush like SasuSaku and NaruHina but it had something the two other ships didn't. Naruto and Sakura were honest to each other about their feelings at the moment towards each other even if it was annoyance and anger on Sakura's part. But they also had their little moments too. In combination with that it gave NaruSaku a spark that I just dont' see with SasuSaku and NaruHina.

I tend to pick relationships that tends to give the air that the guy and girl are honest with their feelings towards each other and don't hide it in some form in addition to the moments of closeness that hint towards a future relationship. When you have love triangles in a story it tends to be the relationships that have more built upon it that gives a spark and deeper meaning.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#20 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:18 AM

In the begining the pairings had really no chance. Sakura didnt like naruto, sasuke didnt sakura, and naruto didnt know about hinata.

Now though, sasuke is probably gay (oro's b*tch), and Hinata is not even relevant to the story anymore.

So looking at this, why would the naruhina/sasusaku-tards still claim their pairing is canon? As much as i like narusaku, i would never claim that it was canon til we see 'em dating, or other stuff. :devil:

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users