190 replies to this topic

#41 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

I doubt Ino meant that, she was probably just giving an excuse to tell herself that Sakura doesn't actually like Sasuke.

#42 Dimitrios3

Dimitrios3

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 18 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What so wait a minute does that mean that Ino suspected that Sakura likes Naruto when she said she's just hiding her feelings? huh.gif

Although that is the way I originally interpreted the scene, I am not so sure after re-watching the anime scenes.

I looked up the anime on the Viz website and there is a pause after the "huh", so it might or might not have been that there was someone else she liked other than Sasuke. Ino does seem surprised that Sakura likes Sasuke, though. Sakura also seems surprised (or at least acts that way) that Sasuke is popular, as well.

Ino's line that Sakura is hiding her feelings is not in the anime, though. In the anime she says, "She is just acting brave and romping around."

In the episode when Naruto comments on Sakura's hair being cut, Ino again brings up Sakura's bravado. The translation on Onemanga seems to be a little different. They both mean something similar, that she is hiding what she really feels. After looking at the anime scenes it does not look like Ino is referring to any of Sakura's romantic feelings, but in Sakura not looking weak or scared at the situations even though she is scared.

http://www.vizanime....sakura-blossoms
Approximately at 18:00 mark.

http://www.vizanime....-cruel-strength
Approximately at 2:40 mark.

#43 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Dimitrios3 @ Jul 18 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although that is the way I originally interpreted the scene, I am not so sure after re-watching the anime scenes.

I looked up the anime on the Viz website and there is a pause after the "huh", so it might or might not have been that there was someone else she liked other than Sasuke. Ino does seem surprised that Sakura likes Sasuke, though. Sakura also seems surprised (or at least acts that way) that Sasuke is popular, as well.

Ino's line that Sakura is hiding her feelings is not in the anime, though. In the anime she says, "She is just acting brave and romping around."

In the episode when Naruto comments on Sakura's hair being cut, Ino again brings up Sakura's bravado. The translation on Onemanga seems to be a little different. They both mean something similar, that she is hiding what she really feels. After looking at the anime scenes it does not look like Ino is referring to any of Sakura's romantic feelings, but in Sakura not looking weak or scared at the situations even though she is scared.

Yeah, Ino mention to Sakura hiding her feelings was about her playing strong when she felt vunerable, and not about Naruto at all, lol, I don't think Ino know anything about Naruto and Sakura current relationship, it's too subtle even for her to notice laugh.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#44 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Dimitrios3 @ Jul 18 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm still sticking to my theory though. It's just a minor difference from fan translations and english dubs. (even though official stuff is more trustworthy)

We don't really know in full detail of how Naruto and Sakura first met or if they even interacted with each other in their childhood.

I know what your thinking."How can this be if we haven't seen flashbacks of Naruto and Sakura as little kids?" To explain why we haven't seen flashbacks regarding this topic, people have trouble with memories of when they where little, so maybe they either don't remember too well or vaguely remember. Well, maybe Naruto would probably have trouble remembering because he's not the brightest of the batch, I'd think that Sakura would vaguely remember it at the least. It would explain how they met each other and stuff. She could have liked Naruto but pretended to like Sasuke so she could fit in with the "popular crowd" and Naruto was the village outcast and she was probably afraid of being classified as an outcast or something.

It's all up to speculation at this point and I don't want to repeat myself.

That's what I think at least.

If that were the case, then one of the jokes from Naruto the abridged series would be right. laugh.gif

Edited by K9ofChaos, 19 July 2010 - 01:24 AM.

#45 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:20 AM

Well, my guess is that Naruto and Sakura did interact some during their childhood, because based on the first episode (Where he goes "WAHOO!!!" when he hears he's put with Sakura.) they do know each other during that time, at least.

#46 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:31 AM

Sakura has been developing a fondness for Naruto ever since the chuunin exams. Romantically however, I'm not sure if she has realized how she feels yet.

#47 Guest_New Revolution_*

Guest_New Revolution_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:45 AM

i think she has there is alot of manga evidence as well as kish gess we will find out but to me i have no doubt anymore.

#48 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:59 AM

I don't know but a good moment is when Sakura had that flashback of them when they were kids and she saw him alone in the streets. A moment of intrest on her part and before the whole Sasuke heart throb thing and it proves she saw Naruto first and it was true feelings and not for popularity. Her even having the flashback is proof enough. No flashback of Sasuke when they were kids or before the popularity. Wish I could write more but using Ipod touch and battery is low and bout to die maybe tomorrow after I charge it.

#49 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (dokueki(venom) @ Jul 18 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know but a good moment is when Sakura had that flashback of them when they were kids and she saw him alone in the streets. A moment of intrest on her part and before the whole Sasuke heart throb thing and it proves she saw Naruto first and it was true feelings and not for popularity. Her even having the flashback is proof enough. No flashback of Sasuke when they were kids or before the popularity. Wish I could write more but using Ipod touch and battery is low and bout to die maybe tomorrow after I charge it.

I thought that was an anime only thing.....I must have missed that one. have to read the whole manga again.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50 unhskikrforever

unhskikrforever

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

I'm usually a silent reader here but I just want to say something. The theory about Sakura liking Naruto even before the series started, could it be that there's a clue? I meant as in, if the theory is right, then the ending theme of Naruto Shippuden [anime] where Kishi showed Naruto and Sakura as kids, along with Jiraiya, Orichimaru and Tsunade can be somewhat a clue?

Edited by unhskikrforever, 19 July 2010 - 09:52 AM.

15f62c4.png

#51 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (unhskikrforever @ Jul 19 2010, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm usually a silent reader here but I just want to say something. The theory about Sakura liking Naruto even before the series started, could it be that there's a clue? I meant as in, if the theory is right, then the ending theme of Naruto Shippuden [anime] where Kishi showed Naruto and Sakura as kids, along with Jiraiya, Orichimaru and Tsunade can be somewhat a clue?

The anime is not a good source for the NaruSaku hints. Since most of the staff on the animation studio are Hinata fans, they kind of...overplay Hinata more than she really is and underplay Sakura more than she really is.

No this is not bashing this is a truthful statement as the staff of the studio have admitted it.

The manga is best source of anything. I suppose some hints exit in the anime, but they are not as obvious.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#52 ahmed

ahmed

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 19 2010, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The anime is not a good source for the NaruSaku hints. Since most of the staff on the animation studio are Hinata fans, they kind of...overplay Hinata more than she really is and underplay Sakura more than she really is.

No this is not bashing this is a truthful statement as the staff of the studio have admitted it.

The manga is best source of anything. I suppose some hints exit in the anime, but they are not as obvious.

i dont think so that they or NH. are you seeing the anmie (naruto shippuden)?.. even i think they are NS the make alot and alot NS moments in anime more than the manga and every moment state that sakura is really loves naruto and see how they make the moments come in the manga epecially htat in chapter 295,296,297,298 they make it in the anime (when you only see it you know how really sakura loves naruto"in episode 43,44,45"and episdoe 43 named sakura tears ) and there are a moment(dosenot come in the manga) that in it sakura adimitid to the dog of kakshi(whe they were chasing itachi and sasuke) that she chase sasuke becaus only she want to him how alll around him feel becaus we all waiting sasuke back to konoha and specially naruto and the make 2 hint in the 6naruto Movie that sakura loves naruto and also they make more than hint in the anime for that and make every time that naruto thinks in sasuke sakura thinking in him and never think in sasuke and when they are back to konoha after itachi adn sasuke battle naruto was thinking in how was the place of the battle and sakura is thinking in him and her anixous about him ... if any see the anime (naruto shipppuden )they will notice how they making sakura really loves naruto and never thinking sasuke by any way and when the speak come about sasuke she is only watching naruto and anxious about him...again in the anime they make NS delevlopments more and more than the manga

Edited by ahmed, 14 September 2010 - 04:18 AM.

#53 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

I Think it is an anime only thing but I didnt know it was strickly Manga evidence. Well I guess I really have nothing to add then. Most people have come up with good moments that I can't top.

#54 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Didn't the first time Sakura was curious of Naruto was when Naruto was on the swing and Sakura looked back at Naruto while holding hands with her mom?

#55 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 19 2010, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't the first time Sakura was curious of Naruto was when Naruto was on the swing and Sakura looked back at Naruto while holding hands with her mom?

In the manga during the rescue Gaara arc when Naruto told Sakura that she knows that he has the Kyuubi sealed in him her eyes softened and she has a flashback when the adults surrounded him and they were igoring him while little Naruto stood all alone. In the anime they showed little Sakura looking at him curious before her mother took her hand and left. Like someone already mentioned in this thread that this could be a sign that Sakura meet Naruto first before Sasuke and acting like a fan girl to follow the crowd and be popular. I can also count it as another N/S hint by Kishi.

Edited by Gravenimage, 19 July 2010 - 01:35 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#56 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 19 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you are mistaking for that part where a crowd was forming around Naruto, and Sakura and her mother were passing by, and Sakura got curious why everybody was staring at Naruto, when Sakura mother grabbed her hand saying she shoudn't get close to him.

Now that I think about it, what kind of disaster would happen if Sakura brought Naruto with her at home? pictureem0.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#57 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

Just reread the first several chapters of the manga (sigh, so mnay other things it should be doing!), and the bench scene was definitely important to her change of feelings (and of course to Naruto's feelings as well).

The bench scene marks the first time she intentionally changes her line of thinking to be more accepting, "nicer," to Naruto. So whether there were flashbacks or not, anime or manga, or whether they had previous interactions before the start of the manga, the bench scene is where she decides on her own to accept Naruto, not because he's cool (like Sasuke) but because they are the same. It's a twist on the same feeling from the Iruka/Mizuki arc a few chapters before, with Iruka recognizing Naruto because they are the same.

#58 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

thinking about the bench scene and Sakura would be nicer to Naruto since then, I'm thinking again about it. Something bother my mind, when Sakura said she would be nicer to Naruto after Sasuke said she's annoying. What confuses me is why Sakura decided to do that. If I were her in that time, and if I truly liked Sasuke, I would decide to be better to get Sasuke, not thinking about Naruto's feelings when mine was hurt.
Was it Sakura as a kind girl, or just me that think Sakura had grown feelings for Naruto? Coz I think something had happened to them, since I found some clues, like what I said, Naruto likes Sakura then he calls 'Sakura-chan'

#59 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Sherry @ Jul 19 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thinking about the bench scene and Sakura would be nicer to Naruto since then, I'm thinking again about it. Something bother my mind, when Sakura said she would be nicer to Naruto after Sasuke said she's annoying. What confuses me is why Sakura decided to do that. If I were her in that time, and if I truly liked Sasuke, I would decide to be better to get Sasuke, not thinking about Naruto's feelings when mine was hurt.
Was it Sakura as a kind girl, or just me that think Sakura had grown feelings for Naruto? Coz I think something had happened to them, since I found some clues, like what I said, Naruto likes Sakura then he calls 'Sakura-chan'

I understand what you're saying. That she would be nicer to Naruto just to look better in Sasuke's eyes.

For me, I don't think she had any real romantic feelings for Naruto there, and she certainly didn't change a bit in her adoration of Sasuke. But having her own words shoved in her face made her think differently about she treated others, specifically Naruto.

What's significant to me is that whether she changed to look better to Sasuke, to be a better friend to Naruto, or just be a nicer person in general, the bench scene is important because she chooses to change the way she saw Naruto. She opened the door to a friendship with him, when everyone else — everyone else — closed doors on him.

#60 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

ive seen several points made here and feel the need to clear a few of them up.

Sakura and the popular crowd.: ok lets clear this one up right away. The notion here is that Sakura only mistreated Naruto because of the popular crowd or to please Sasuke.

this is false. Sakura herself at the bench scene states that the reason for her dislike of Naruto comes from and I quote "that hes always interfering with my love life, and likes to see me fail. Naruto doesnt understand me at all."

this is the sole and only truth about Sakuras dislike of Naruto. She was possessed of a misunderstanding highlighted by the bench scene first by her owrds to naruto, then by her words to Sasuke.

this was fixed by her decision to be nicer to naruto, which was a step forward in growth for her and something she follows through on ((albeight slowly)) as the manga progresses.

Sakuras parents told her to stay away from naruto. Again this is not supported in any way by manga fact and is a strictly FanFiction tool. The notion that Sakuras mother --who had two lines in the anime total, and no lines at all in the manga-- is this cruel and repressive harpy is simply ridiculous. there is no anecdotal evidence to support this conclusion, and Sakuras improving relationship with Naruto would actually seem to suggest that her parents are at worst cautious about him but supportive.

Sakura loves Naruto before Sasuke. Again this may or may not be true but as yet there is no evidence to support this conclusion and it is most likelly false. Sakura as a young girl was as infatuated with sasuke as all the other girls were. the evidence of the manga to date suggests that all naruto was, was a loud obnoxious idiot who got in her way alot.

In fact in many ways the person hurt more by this crush of hers was Ino rather then Naruto. Sakura used the crush as an excuse to step out of what she perceived as Inos shadow and to becoem ehr own kunoichi. In many ways evidence points to the crush as more important to her rivalry then her actual love life.

Sakura sees Naruto in the crowd: just for clarification this scene did happen in chapter 252, page 6 when naruto tells Sakura about having kyuubi inside him.

they just see us as monsters --Click here to view--

for my personal thoughts I believe she began to fall for naruto as early as the wave arc when she blushed and watched Naruto stare down zabusa.

I believe she reached a tipping point for her feelings when Naruto returned injured after fighting Sasuke and she told him shed have to make him wait a while but next time theyd do it together.

that moment I believe is when she fell on love though she may not yet realize it.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users