#21 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

You know speaking of sexual tension, you could almost sense it in the hug from chapter 450.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#22 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 30 2010, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That reminds me, it's kind of interesting that Kishimoto has consciously avoided the shonen (and to a lesser degree) shoujo manga cliche scene whereupon Naruto would have accidentally seen Sakura coming out of the bath naked (although Kishimoto did have Naruto going to attempt to peep on Sakura naked until Yamato scared him by telling him how Tsunade reacted to catching Jiraiya peeping on her) In shoujo sometimes they flip the situation and the main girl sees her romantic interest naked accidentally or both accidentally see each other naked in a public bath. In shoujo such a scene can turn into something sexy and romantic- Basara, Genbu Kaiden, etc... In shonen it's basically fan service of the female character, usually with the girl reacting in a tsundere fashion, most often. I think Go Nagai was the originator of this trope in manga.

I think you're on to something Ciardha. pictureem0.gif

I'm referring to the love interests seeing each other naked part. heheelq7.png

#23 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:37 AM

Light blush, tsundere reaction. The typical.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#24 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 30 2010, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That reminds me, it's kind of interesting that Kishimoto has consciously avoided the shonen (and to a lesser degree) shoujo manga cliche scene whereupon Naruto would have accidentally seen Sakura coming out of the bath naked (although Kishimoto did have Naruto going to attempt to peep on Sakura naked until Yamato scared him by telling him how Tsunade reacted to catching Jiraiya peeping on her) In shoujo sometimes they flip the situation and the main girl sees her romantic interest naked accidentally or both accidentally see each other naked in a public bath. In shoujo such a scene can turn into something sexy and romantic- Basara, Genbu Kaiden, etc... In shonen it's basically fan service of the female character, usually with the girl reacting in a tsundere fashion, most often. I think Go Nagai was the originator of this trope in manga.

I also noted that, Kishimoto seems to be very tradicionalist, he never do fanservice or show ecchi scenes (c'mon, sexy no jutsu doesn't count, there is a damn guy behind it, for christ sakes!), he seems to do not like to make cliches from shonen or shoujo romances, and thats why I think that Naruto and Sakura characters are so well developed, and thats why I like this series, Kishimoto don't denegrate his female characters with abusive fanservices, although he denegrates them by making them look like a bunch of weaklings. dry.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#25 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

I think we all live to see such a scene but I guess if we want any thing like that we have to stick to our little fanfics.

#26 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

Considering she sees it all the time, no reaction. Remember, Naruto isn't exactly considered "hot" in the Naruto universe. That role goes to Sasuke apparently.

#27 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

Isn't that mostly because he apparently plays "Hard-to-get"?

#28 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

Well when Sasuke was around she wasn't focus on Naruto. When checked on him she was a medic Nin. Meaning she had a job to do. Most of the time sge had to worry about Narutos injuries than thinking how hot he looks. When it comes to seeing him shirt less without scars that she doesnt have to worry about it might be a different story.

#29 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

Hmm... Not considering "hot" wold be way off, the boy is the defintion of sexy! wow.png Only if... Only if...

Anyway, I think Sakura would... O_ê um... Maybe say... Um, I'm not sure O.O

#30 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

Didn't this already happen when Naruto was training for Rasen-Shuriken anyway? :/

#31 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:05 AM

Yeah I remember that scene, Sakura was watching Naruto training under the waterfall to achieve his wind element and if you watch just right you can see Sakura blush for a second while looking at Naruto.

"They don't want none"

#32 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 2 2010, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I remember that scene, Sakura was watching Naruto training under the waterfall to achieve his wind element and if you watch just right you can see Sakura blush for a second while looking at Naruto.

1. Which episode was it in and what time? wow.png

2. That was only a second and far away, what if it was longer and up close? pictureem0.gif

#33 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

I haven't seen that episode yet. I don't remember it beening in the Manga. Is it just in the anime?

#34 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

No! That episode had part filler, the episode was true but Sakura didn't see Naruto at all in that Manga chapter, the part where Sakura see's Naruto was a filler. She never actually saw him shirtless, well, she's see him partially dead shirtless, no even then only his chest was showing.

#35 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

Crap I forgot that episode was a filler and doesn't tie into the manga... facepalm.png

"They don't want none"

#36 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

yeah maybe Kishi wouldn't draw sexy man, even he's good enough in drawing sexy women...

I could imagine how sexy Naruto shirtless could be...but I can hardly guess what Sakura's reaction could be....

#37 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 3 2010, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crap I forgot that episode was a filler and doesn't tie into the manga... facepalm.png

No, there's enough of a hint in Tsunade's and Sakura's words that she had seen some of his training (and it would have had to have been during the wet and shirtless part too wink.gif ) . The only true filler was the stereotypical tsundere element- Sakura being a terrible cook (See Akane Tendo of Ranma 1/2 for the origin of that being tacked onto the tsundere character type) and making those awful tasting energy balls, and Sai watching the training too.

And they just had to make Hinata a skilled cook in that omake rolleyes.gif. Actually, it should be the reverse, Sakura should be the skilled cook, her family are low status ninjas, she would have had ample training in the kitchen, and plus she highly valued feminine skills and a persona up till she was 13. Where the Hyuuga clan lives in an even more aristocratic way than the Uchiha did. I doubt Hinata ever has touched anything their Hyuuga compound's kitchen besides the tea service (which in real historical aristocratic Japanese households was the only thing the noble ladies made and served to the male members of the household.) The Uchiha clan was more like a Shogun's (elite, but everything focused on military matters, not much for the arts, not quite as rigid a hierarchical structure within the clan; the Hyuuga clan is more like the historical court of the emperor- extremely rigid hierarchy within the clan, lower ranks must overtly defer to and serve the higher ranks, to not do so means punishment.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#38 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:27 AM

Hey, what episode was that where Sakura is blushing?

Edited by Kenny-kun, 05 July 2010 - 06:27 AM.

#39 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

First?

#40 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

I think he's talking about the training episode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users