• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

So I've thought more about my answer and what bothers me about NS and trying to pinpoint when it died.... And that's just the thing. There isn't a single moment! There is no NS panel, no last connection between them, or last heartbreak. There is literally just nothing. 

For me, I guess it would have been at the bitter end, with Sasuke's forehead tap and Hinata in the cemetery. It was just confirmation of the end. But not the death of NS. There just was no end to NS, along with no beginning of NS or no beginning of NH. 

I realize the storyline was fleshed out in The Last and the novels, but you know, I don't really count those as canon to the story (the manga) because that Naruto is so vastly different from the original. Same with Sakura, Hinata and all the rest. 

I wish i could go back and pinpoint a definitive panel between Naruto and Sakura when their romance was officially over...but there just wasn't one.

(In fact, their last panel together has Naruto thanking Sakura, which is used as 'I love you' throughout the whole manga. So even their last manga scene was an NS mixed message.) 

I'm not arguing that NS wasn't canned for NH. It absolutely was. It's just...that all their development, all their mutual feelings were thrown out the window without a second glance. NS didn't end...they just went on like it never happened at all.

#42 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:05 PM

So I've thought more about my answer and what bothers me about NS and trying to pinpoint when it died.... And that's just the thing. There isn't a single moment! There is no NS panel, no last connection between them, or last heartbreak. There is literally just nothing. 

For me, I guess it would have been at the bitter end, with Sasuke's forehead tap and Hinata in the cemetery. It was just confirmation of the end. But not the death of NS. There just was no end to NS, along with no beginning of NS or no beginning of NH. 

I realize the storyline was fleshed out in The Last and the novels, but you know, I don't really count those as canon to the story (the manga) because that Naruto is so vastly different from the original. Same with Sakura, Hinata and all the rest. 

I wish i could go back and pinpoint a definitive panel between Naruto and Sakura when their romance was officially over...but there just wasn't one.

(In fact, their last panel together has Naruto thanking Sakura, which is used as 'I love you' throughout the whole manga. So even their last manga scene was an NS mixed message.) 

I'm not arguing that NS wasn't canned for NH. It absolutely was. It's just...that all their development, all their mutual feelings were thrown out the window without a second glance. NS didn't end...they just went on like it never happened at all.

Brilliant choice of words Tricksie, you're absolutely right. There was no real official conclusion for them, there was nothing, which hurts more than an actual moment where it died. No resolution, or explanation whatsoever, instead Kishi simply walked away. This is why the events that occurred at the end of the manga hurt so very much. Even if his original pairing was NS, and it was rejected, he should have given everyone proper answers. Not once did he make Sakura, or Naruto for that matter, say anything towards one another that would make, or break, their relationship. It's like it ended on a cliffhanger that will never see the light of day.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#43 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:16 AM

hence why naruto should of ended at the pein arc he go respected that was his dream and he achieved that goal the narusaku hug was a perfect add to that plus hinata isn't acting like a pathetic whiny kitten like she was in the last 

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#44 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:26 AM

its ironic that certain nh fans called out ns fans for complaining about the piss poor ending when now they're complaining about the boruto manga i call that sweet karma but anyway my opinion on when ns died looking back on it 693 for sure she acts so pathetic just crying asking if sasuke still holds a piece of her in his heart why would you even ask that she acts so kittening selfish and if chie nakamura really ships sasusaku as hard as ive heard then i pray her children never read naruto

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#45 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:09 AM

its ironic that certain nh fans called out ns fans for complaining about the piss poor ending when now they're complaining about the boruto manga i call that sweet karma but anyway my opinion on when ns died looking back on it 693 for sure she acts so pathetic just crying asking if sasuke still holds a piece of her in his heart why would you even ask that she acts so kittening selfish and if chie nakamura really ships sasusaku as hard as ive heard then i pray her children never read naruto

Well remember Kishi had a low view on woman as all the woman  once they met Sasuke all loved him, that just how Kishi is I think he wants everyone to love the Uchiha and how good they are I mean look at it this way if Kishi did a crossover with other woman from other anime he would demand that all woman want to be with Sasuke as this is what I think Kishi might say.

"All woman need to love Sasuke, Sasuke is the best I love drawing Sasuke so much, so all woman need to be weak when they meet him and want to bang him, I don't care how powerful they are they NEED TO LOVE SASUKE." That is what I think Kishi would say in any crossover that would be done for Naruto.

#46 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:23 AM

Brilliant choice of words Tricksie, you're absolutely right. There was no real official conclusion for them, there was nothing, which hurts more than an actual moment where it died. No resolution, or explanation whatsoever, instead Kishi simply walked away. This is why the events that occurred at the end of the manga hurt so very much. Even if his original pairing was NS, and it was rejected, he should have given everyone proper answers. Not once did he make Sakura, or Naruto for that matter, say anything towards one another that would make, or break, their relationship. It's like it ended on a cliffhanger that will never see the light of day.

The creator of the last said during his interview about The Last : "This is where Naruto and Sakura parting ways" .... :lmao: :lmao: A kittened up way to resolve NS, that's how cheap and cruel they are just to make their fantasy and fan fiction come true.

Well remember Kishi had a low view on woman as all the woman  once they met Sasuke all loved him, that just how Kishi is I think he wants everyone to love the Uchiha and how good they are I mean look at it this way if Kishi did a crossover with other woman from other anime he would demand that all woman want to be with Sasuke as this is what I think Kishi might say.

"All woman need to love Sasuke, Sasuke is the best I love drawing Sasuke so much, so all woman need to be weak when they meet him and want to bang him, I don't care how powerful they are they NEED TO LOVE SASUKE." That is what I think Kishi would say in any crossover that would be done for Naruto.

I want to see Sasuke get this leve of treatment :

Getting beat up to pulp and someone i the past i hope Naruto can play role of that, making a fools out of him, beating him to pulp, destroy his stupid ego, basically shattered all his pride and characteristic to pieces, and force him to admit that he is a kittened up rotten person. Just like how Kid Buu beat Vegeta and make him realize how kittened up his way of life.

Edited by Yyubie, 01 October 2016 - 03:26 AM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#47 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:24 PM

You're absolutely right ! 

And the worst of it all, is that Kishi kept including NS moments until the very end (y'know the moment Minato asked Naruto ifshe was his girlfriend ! and Naruto said Yes ) it was still shown that Naruto loved her, so, it confirms that it was a last moment decision the make Naruto return Hinata's feelings. 

I think that, if they really wanted to make NH, they should've said that to Kishi earlier (it's way too obvious it wasn't his own decision), so that he can make a conclusion to Naruto and Sakura's relationship, but NO, they preferred making a movie about it, to make more money and kitten on this manga, and make, as you said, as if it never existed. 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#48 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:27 PM

I feel like this can go on for many years and we still won't have the answers we seek for.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#49 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

The creator of the last said during his interview about The Last : "This is where Naruto and Sakura parting ways" .... :lmao: :lmao: A kittened up way to resolve NS, that's how cheap and cruel they are just to make their fantasy and fan fiction come true.

Getting beat up to pulp and someone i the past i hope Naruto can play role of that, making a fools out of him, beating him to pulp, destroy his stupid ego, basically shattered all his pride and characteristic to pieces, and force him to admit that he is a kittened up rotten person. Just like how Kid Buu beat Vegeta and make him realize how kittened up his way of life.

If that happened I think Kishi would have a heart attack at seeing this happen to Sasuke I mean you add Buu doing that to Sasuke and show it to him Kishi would be like this.

"What the hell are you doing to my Sasuke he needs to win he is an Uchiha, MAKE HIM WIN, HIS SASUKE."

#50 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:55 PM

Another brilliant post from you tricksie, I agree with everything you said. We can only note that NaruSaku died technically by default, rather than have any sort of real moment where it ends. 

While it would have been heartbreaking, seeing closure to their relationship would have been good, but there wasn't any. There was never a panel about Sakura's confession, or about what Naruto told Sai about loving her, or hell even just a talk about them staying friends.

Your second point, which I bolded, is another issue. All of these side projects, the new Bolt series, "The Last," other movies, other shows, in my view, they don't matter. The manga was the bedrock, the manga was the main vehicle for driving the story, the manga was the original source material. More or less, it feels as if the manga failed in telling a complete, well-rounded story at the end and needed a extra material for damage control.

Back to your first point, though, it raises an issue I've had with Naruto ever since it ended. That is that there weren't enough panels giving closure to any of the pairings really. We already discussed NaruSaku, but look at the canon couples.

NaruHina, strictly looking at the manga, Naruto and Hinata never really have a conversation about anything. I made another thread on this topic, that Kishi only portrayed this couple with "big moments," but never with anything simple or subtle. There was never any real interaction on a personal level, about sharing likes and dislikes or anything like that. Heck having a simple scene in the final chapter where Naruto and Hinata go have ramen together after the war would have gone a long way. Instead, it just happens, and that's it. The epilogue doesn't even show Naruto with his wife.

SasuSaku, meanwhile, had some more panels, but as previously stated, everything just happened by default. Neither Sasuke or Sakura had any panels showing growth in their characters, instead Sasuke remained an kitten, Sakura reverted back to a fangirl and the two just had a sort of mutual agreement that they would be a couple.

Looking back, I realize full well that this was a shonen manga and not a romantic one. I get it. However, writing dialogue that advances and explores characters and their relationships isn't foreign to shonen or action oriented series. It's writing 101.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#51 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:01 PM

I think he did already. Lost to some low level ninja in gaiden. Or did he?

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 October 2016 - 03:02 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#52 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:43 AM

I think the reason why I am a Narusaku "shipper" is because I want to have such a relationship  in the future... Honestly, out of all the different naruto pairing shippers, the narusaku people are in my opinion the most grown up (despite the usual black sheeps every fandom has). Narusaku would with a huge gap be the most healthy, happy and long lasting relationship out of the naruto ships by far..

I mean how can you wish a relationship like sasusaku for yourself??

So Narusaku is for me way more than just a Ship- it's a dream. honestly I'm 20 years old and I almost cried like a kid when I finally realised what they did to Narusaku... 

For me in personal Naruto ended with the hug after the pain fight.

I agree, I'm not a shipper but this site has been my safe haven from the fandom and everyone here acts way more mature than the rest of the fandom, they're the only ones I can usually get along with, because they aren't shippers first, they are neutral/story fans first and pairing fans second, and even make community guidelines unlike any other naruto forum so that we can all have a peaceful environment. this is one of the greatest forums I have ever seen, its why I stay around, all the nice people ^_^

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#53 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:52 AM

I too felt a twinge of doubt in 693, having Sakura confess to Sasuke so close to the end broke my heart. There was so much inconsistency before then that it was easy to overlook it and just wait for the next NS moment, but sadly there wasn't one, and instead we were given the most disgusting conclusions, for both pairings too! Looking back I should have been more mindful. The fact that Kishi never gave us a resolution to team 7's love triangle should have been a red flag. Like some have stated, the fight after Pain would have been the end game for NS. It would have been perfect! Hinata had her confession, she could now move on, and Sakura could have realized how much Naruto meant to her. Why in the world did Kishi give them a moment if it meant nothing romantic wise? Why couldn't it have been Hinata? Honestly, if that had happened my saltiness for NH wouldn't have been so bad. It would have hurt, but at the same time, it would have made sense with her confession.

What's also infuriating is that they teased us with the 2011 ova and then that never even happened.I'm not a shipper but it infuriates me so much, would have been so much better written than what we got.
if anyone forgot it, here:

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#54 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:30 AM

I think how we can all justify this is that Shuiesha is not gaining but losing more of its sales with the Naruto as it continues to plummet further bellow. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#55 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:02 PM

What's also infuriating is that they teased us with the 2011 ova and then that never even happened.I'm not a shipper but it infuriates me so much, would have been so much better written than what we got.

Oh god I know! That OVA was freaking perfection. I remember watching it and feeling so satisfied :3 the last scene had so much heart in it.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#56 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

Well maybe they wanted to keep NS fans until the end, or maaybe they just wanted to give us some "fanservice" before destroying this pairing... 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#57 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:23 PM

Well maybe they wanted to keep NS fans until the end, or maaybe they just wanted to give us some "fanservice" before destroying this pairing... 

Reminds me about video of people decorating sips only to sink it, they said for creating more coral / home for fish.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#58 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

The death of NS wasn't in the manga. It was decided in some board room meeting between some editors and some people at SP. They still had Naruto interested in Sakura until the Last Sakura even brought it up in her speech.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 October 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#59 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:16 AM

I have the feeling that the main reason for the death of narusaku was the whole boruto thing. I mean it totally does make sense... With the byakugan naruhina child an the sakusasu sharingan salad, the new series has a lot better selling potential considering the amount of naruhina and sakusasu fans out there. For my own sanity I have to belive that the decision against narusaku was made to get the most cash out of the boruto series. It seems to me that the ending parts of naruto were really weird and some of the characters (especially sakura) lost all their character evolution in an instant for no logical reason. Maybe all the narusaku hints and moments like the kushina similarity or the minato advice were kind of a rebellion of kishi against the power of the monyseeking management that forced him to end naruto the way it did.. Maybe the "kiss" of sakura to naruto when she healed him was a last little gift for the narusaku shippers...

But maybe thats just me wishing that naruto should have gotten "the girl" .. I mean even kishis wife was narusaku shipper..

"The series has a lot of potential?" Have you read the manga? They are rehashing the movie and their plot was revealed in the first chapter. Bolt will make friends with Nail who will turn evil and will try to destroy the ninja system. It a rehash of SNS rivalry.

And. Everything is just a business decision that forced Kishi's hand to the point that he got fed up and had to sell his soul to the devil just to get away from this franchise. According to him (Kishi's final input on NH), NH was decided during the middle of the manga, which make sense that they wanted to do a Boruto series. And just after chapter 700 was released, one of Kishi's assistant squealed and proclaimed that the ending just decided three months prior to the ending, meaning Kishi could have gone along with it and develop both NH and SS throughout the manga.

Their are so many claims about when nH was decided we can never truly know for sure. Other then judging by how it was written in the manga and the answer is simply:"Last Minute."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 October 2016 - 11:22 AM.

#60 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

If that happened I think Kishi would have a heart attack at seeing this happen to Sasuke I mean you add Buu doing that to Sasuke and show it to him Kishi would be like this.

"What the hell are you doing to my Sasuke he needs to win he is an Uchiha, MAKE HIM WIN, HIS SASUKE."

I can't recall has Sasuke ever been injure that much? I mean besides getting really tried and a few scratches.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users