Close
Photo

If Studio Pierrot didn't do Naruto what Studio whould want to have done it insted?

Anime Naruto Naruto Anime Naruto Shippuden Studio Pierrot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#21 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

What do you mean? Q_Q

Not sure the changes you're talking about but don't worry, I'll check. But as a standalone, it's freaking awesome. I'm only talking about the animation and soundtrack. That one soundtrack helped me enjoy the latest chapter tenfold. Yeah, I said it.

#22 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Not sure the changes you're talking about but don't worry, I'll check. But as a standalone, it's freaking awesome. I'm only talking about the animation and soundtrack. That one soundtrack helped me enjoy the latest chapter tenfold. Yeah, I said it.

I'm talking about the writing, and how close it is to the manga. Because the studio does write the anime too, doesn't it?

Good animation is a plus, but it doesn't help much when you add filler scenes that aren't there, remove certain mangascenes, replace character action with other characters etc.

ナルサク

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'm talking about the writing, and how close it is to the manga. Because the studio does write the anime too, doesn't it?

Good animation is a plus, but it doesn't help much when you add filler scenes that aren't there, remove certain mangascenes, replace character action with other characters etc.

I heard. Again, standalone kept me entertained and in anime, much like movie, that's all it matters. I'm not bashing you or anyone, but I do find it unfair for people to criticized the visual media with the hard copy writing. I like to review in two separate entity and the standalone is what matters to me. Heck I didn't know Death Note went by fast like how one episode is a volume, but you know what, it was great. It's all depends on how to utilize well and to me, this one nailed it. I didn't feel anything cheated or anything.

If I read manga, sure part of me would like to be in the anime, but again, looking at standalone, it's still amazes me. It's the reason why now this is being the best anime this year and to me, it deserves it. I have been dealing with meh and disappointing anime for far too long, so this one got me back to anime world. So, that's my short story.

P.S. hey, so long those scenes "protect your love" and some others are canon, then I'm all good. Lol. Yeah, I'm a romance sucker...

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 16 October 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#24 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I heard. Again, standalone kept me entertained and in anime, much like movie, that's all it matters. I'm not bashing you or anyone, but I do find it unfair for people to criticized the visual media with the hard copy writing. I like to review in two separate entity and the standalone is what matters to me. Heck I didn't know Death Note went by fast like how one episode is a volume, but you know what, it was great. It's all depends on how to utilize well and to me, this one nailed it. I didn't feel anything cheated or anything.

If I read manga, sure part of me would like to be in the anime, but again, looking at standalone, it's still amazes me. It's the reason why now this is being the best anime this year and to me, it deserves it. I have been dealing with meh and disappointing anime for far too long, so this one got me back to anime world. So, that's my short story.

P.S. hey, so long those scenes "protect your love" and some others are canon, then I'm all good. Lol. Yeah, I'm a romance sucker...

Yeah, but this isn't primarily about SnK. I'm just seeing what they did with the manga, and wondering if they would do the same to Naruto. One of Pierrots flaws is that they twist the story around to suit their own taste, that contradicts the canon manga. Like giving  Hinata a major battle with Pain, she put up more of a fight than the Konoha jounins. :/ Just an example. The SnK studio twisted the manga too. For instance, Hanji did something very cool and leaderlike and she was switched with Levi, probably because he is popular. Or that Jean and Levi who are both very popular characters, got much more screentime than needed and therefore replaced other canon scenes. And Annie fight is nothing like in the manga, Eren was never stabbed, he did not want to kill Annie, Annie's blushing face etc. Again, just examples to represent what mistakes I'm afraid they may do again.

I guess it's about preferences, to me it's not enough that the anime is good. I want it to be accurate to the manga, I want the characters to be portrayed as close to the author's idea as possible.

ナルサク

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yeah, but this isn't primarily about SnK. I'm just seeing what they did with the manga, and wondering if they would do the same to Naruto. One of Pierrots flaws is that they twist the story around to suit their own taste, that contradicts the canon manga. Like giving  Hinata a major battle with Pain, she put up more of a fight than the Konoha jounins. :/ Just an example. The SnK studio twisted the manga too. For instance, Hanji did something very cool and leaderlike and she was switched with Levi, probably because he is popular. Or that Jean and Levi who are both very popular characters, got much more screentime than needed and therefore replaced other canon scenes. And Annie fight is nothing like in the manga, Eren was never stabbed, he did not want to kill Annie, Annie's blushing face etc. Again, just examples to represent what mistakes I'm afraid they may do again.

I guess it's about preferences, to me it's not enough that the anime is good. I want it to be accurate to the manga, I want the characters to be portrayed as close to the author's idea as possible.

Yeah, you do make a good point, though that's always like that for visual media for you. It's sad but hey, what can you do. For the record, I heard they made her blush to make it a realistic human reaction of many emotions in one. I don't know if it's true but that's what I heard from someone. I think it's in the wikia as well, so feel free to correct me. But you know, you do have a point, but to be fair, Pierrot goes all out to almost feel like story got renewed. If going by that, I would say it's only adding and changes that really don't effect the plot overall. Note: the plot. But like all movies, if the fans love the anime, why fight it.

#26 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

You know the sad part of having not the right studio? Them not able to help to create the right feeling of what's trying to intend and to me, it's crucial. Say the end of the war arc have a huge final "End it all!" scene from many characters. If you want to make it very impact and meaningful, then you have to do it really good. A lot of them usually add insert song, which does helps though Pierrot seems against that since I never heard one yet, but you can do it without it, just be smart at timing and delivery. So yeah, this is the bad part of not getting the studio that can handle your final moment into a well worth to wait feel. Though to be fair, they have done well with Pain Invasion Arc ending as well as others, but I'm afraid of the buildup towards that end, especially in war arc, which is all or never moment. So, here's the best luck when the time comes.

#27 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

The Korean studio that did the animation for the first book of Korra would have been great.

#28 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

Yeah, that would be great. I remember envious to see how that show really feel like it has the highest budget than many anime today. Those lighting are just stunning.

#29 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

@Sushi. Yeah I heard that they made changes, that's why I said in terms of animation. Their animation is badass though!

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#30 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

@Sushi. Yeah I heard that they made changes, that's why I said in terms of animation. Their animation is badass though!

Don't forget the music. My God. It's simply amazing. Glad it's the one that did Ao No Exorcist, which I thought the music was great there too, but this one takes it a new level.

#31 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Don't forget the music. My God. It's simply amazing. Glad it's the one that did Ao No Exorcist, which I thought the music was great there too, but this one takes it a new level.

I still haven't watched it, just saw Tumblr gifs and so. I only read 2 chapters, I am planning on reading it and watch it later on, though.

#32 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I still haven't watched it, just saw Tumblr gifs and so. I only read 2 chapters, I am planning on reading it and watch it later on, though.

Oh I didn't know. But yeah, the anime, regardless if there are many changes since I haven't read it, brought me back to anime world. It taken a while, but now, *tears* there's hope.

#33 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

What about Toei Animation? I always thought they did a good job with the animation for Dragon Ball Z and what they did for Battle Of Gods was quite awesome too.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#34 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Yeah, I understand now, I just thought of it differently because they have to write the scripts whether we like it or not.

What about Toei Animation? I always thought they did a good job with the animation for Dragon Ball Z and what they did for Battle Of Gods was quite

awesome too.

Is Battle of Gods the newest DB movie? I don't watch it, but I know it came out not too long ago.

However; Have you seen One piece lately? :cry: They were better before just like the Naruto anime, but it makes me sad to say they ruined it.

ナルサク

#35 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, I understand now, I just thought of it differently because they have to write the scripts whether we like it or not.

Is Battle of Gods the newest DB movie? I don't watch it, but I know it came out not too long ago.

However; Have you seen One piece lately? :cry: They were better before just like the Naruto anime, but it makes me sad to say they ruined it.

By ruined, you mean how much they can stall one episode, or how it always feel like 50% fillers in a canon episode, or something else?

#36 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

By ruined, you mean how much they can stall one episode, or how it always feel like 50% fillers in a canon episode, or something else?

Mostly that, and I think the animation quality dropped too.

ナルサク

#37 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Mostly that, and I think the animation quality dropped too.

It's funny about the animation, because if we go by the movie, I would love them to do Naruto, but in daily routine, eh, I don't think it's any different from Pierrot. Maybe directions would change, but that's it. Oh, if anything, expect to hear a Super Saiyan powerup sound effect for Naruto.

#38 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

The guys who did Dragon Ball, Toei Animation.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#39 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

What about Toei Animation? I always thought they did a good job with the animation for Dragon Ball Z and what they did for Battle Of Gods was quite awesome too.

I agree with Toei. I don't know about DragonBall but I know about Sailor Moon.
Maan, the levels of details they put into that animation! And it was a 90's animation drawn by hand.
I've said it several times, Naruto has nothing against Sailor Moon in terms of animation!

My all-time favorite animation would definitely go like this.

1. Attack on Titan

2. Sailor Moon

3. Naruto.

From what I've personally seen, of course.

#40 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

Not to sound like a party pooper but unless you can show me, didn't sailor moon reused animation over and over again?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anime, Naruto, Naruto Anime, Naruto Shippuden, Studio Pierrot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users