3333 replies to this topic

#481 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

Are you talking about the Anime or Movie? The Movie is on Blu-ray. The Anime for Boruto just started. 

Anime. I know the movie has it on Blu-ray. It's a movie. Anime announced to have a box set for Boruto rather than individual ones. Blu-ray not available.

#482 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:09 AM

I could understand the "It could be seen as a bad thing" perspective if Naruto were using his clones to handle diplomatic meetings and whatnot, but the film clearly shows us that it's a bunch of mindless paper work and I just don't buy any notion that people are gonna get upset if he uses clones to read and stamp mindless paper work. In the real world, that's something you delegate to pencil pushers and interns anyway. And even IF it's a matter of the village being bigger and there being more paperwork to sort through than for the previous kages, this is a guy who can literally process years of information in a single day fueled by nothing but bowls of ramen. There's no conceivable way he would ever have trouble doing daily paper work and spending time with his family. Instead, it'd only take Naruto 20 minutes to do an entire day's work and he'd immediately eat himself a big bowl of ramen afterwards and spend the rest of the day hanging out at home. And that's without Kurama's chakra. With it, he'd be done with a day's work in under thirty seconds, would eat two big bowls of ramen and would be good to go!  :thumb:

I think the Shadow clone argument on it's own is or leads to a fallacy. But it is part of one of the big problems with this franchise has now because of the ending. "How is it that the main character of the first story, who spent most of his life working towards one goal a job(hokage), which in theory he should have been training to take over the position once his story ended if not before hand, who can make a thousand clones in a instant, who works harder and longer then anyone else in that job, but is somehow the most incompetent, un-impactful, and inefficient at the job(hokage) compared to all the other who were just handed the job(kages)?"Also if that the case for the first story where the main character ends up nothing more then a failure at the end (after 15 years real time). "Why should we care about how his son does? Isn't he just going to fail as well? What makes him more speical then his father? Who we have already spent over fifteen years observing?"

I don't know. Something about it feel dated. It's an odd feeling. I mean it still don't release on Blu-ray, even for Boruto. It's like it don't want to expose its coloring or something. I don't know.

Hows that tone? As for it feeling dated. Well Boruto is trying to copy the feeling of an 18 year old series, by putting it into what amounts to a highschool setting which in anime terms a school setting is the most generic setting for any anime. That's not going to make an anime come off as fresh in any way.

#483 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

Here's the killing part: The script for that movie went through multiple drafts and rewrites. Apparently, there multiple worse versions of that film that what we actually got in the end, so I'm not that surprised that the final version still manages to butcher the source material.

In regards to Hinata in general, I've been looking over old Kishimoto interviews and I think what happened was that he gave up on trying to maintain Sakura's status as the heroine." From this mindset, it makes sense why he became fixated on trying to make Sakura more likeable (making her prettier, less violent towards Naruto, letting her beat an Akatsuki member, not doing anything with Hinata for a large part of the manga, promising to work harder to make Sakura a better heroine and promising "Sakura's year" multiple times during Jump Fiesta interviews). When all of that failed and the vitriol against the character remained unabated, he said "screw it"  and lo and behold, Hinata is unofficially crowned the heroine (earliest in chapter 437, latest in chapter 615). Even then, he still does a lousy job. So I think his problem was not with writing Sakura or Hinata, but simply not knowing how to write a proper heroine. :confused:

I know, right? With Naruto, at least throughout much of the manga, I found myself rooting for him. With Boruto, I find myself looking for the remote. Terrible character.

I'd love to see that. :lmao:

Me too I mean Pan is just so damn cute, hell Super is making Pan even cutier and showing she can kick some ass when trained, which I do hope will happen.

I would love if that happens to bolt and pan did a super 13 on him, and vegeta saying kill him after bolt is the hype. My friend firstevil100 might put that in a story of his as an Omake where pan does that and bolt has a high pitched voice forever since he's balls when back into his body like Allister in yugioh abridged.

Yeah it would be funny as that is what I get when I see Boruto he thinks that he is better than everyone which is like Sasuke and I hated that about Sasuke so damn much, so having him get kicked in the nuts like that would be cool.

#484 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

Well I mean the color palette feels like an old anime that's trying to stick around in 4K world. Granted no anime is on 4K (outside of that Gundam), but still, something about it give that dull vibe. It doesn't help that the cast doesn't do much to give light. It's weird. It's like the color setting is set to midway from negative to default setting.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 26 July 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#485 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

Maybe because it's SD quality. Like HD doesn't exist. I don't know. Don't mind me. Something about it feels dull. Then again, maybe it's just the animation team. When it's good, it feels lively.

Edit: Someone mentioned about the setting feeling High School. I think it was the last episode, but the street walking scene could not be anymore cliche setting. It lost its niche that it should have remain our imagination. Unless it has something "unique" to demonstrate soon.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 26 July 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#486 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

So I just saw the latest episode and it did have some fun elements to it mainly the Sarada stuff, and one more particular scene that hints toward her goal at becoming Hokage before she comes to that realization which I felt was kinda neat. 

The one thing that annoyed me was the bit between Sakura and Ino if you've seen the episode you know exactly what I'm referring to like wow SP you just had to pull that on me. 

Other than that the episode wasn't exactly bad, but wasn't exactly great either. It's kinda average. 

Next week is gonna delve into the Uzumaki family more so for Boruto and Himawari according to the preview. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#487 Honestly

Honestly

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

So I just saw the latest episode and it did have some fun elements to it mainly the Sarada stuff, and one more particular scene that hints toward her goal at becoming Hokage before she comes to that realization which I felt was kinda neat. 

The one thing that annoyed me was the bit between Sakura and Ino if you've seen the episode you know exactly what I'm referring to like wow SP you just had to pull that on me. 

Other than that the episode wasn't exactly bad, but wasn't exactly great either. It's kinda average. 

Next week is gonna delve into the Uzumaki family more so for Boruto and Himawari according to the preview. 

you mean the date that lasted 2 and half minutes I love it.it just continue showing she should have looked for a better life and she have the nerve to call that a date with a smile on her face.

#488 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

You do realize that they are reanimating the Hokage Ceremony thing, right?

Anyway, the episode is so-so. The first half should have carried forward to the next since the latter slowed down too much and it didn't feel as energetic. The sad thing is the premise almost sound like it could have been a touching episode. But I guess a wild goose chase is the way it is. Just my preference. Anyway, the episode was average, so nothing more I can add on to it.

#489 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

you mean the date that lasted 2 and half minutes I love it.it just continue showing she should have looked for a better life and she have the nerve to call that a date with a smile on her face.

Which date exactly ?

Edited by T XD, 26 July 2017 - 05:55 PM.

#490 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

Which date exactly ?

Newly inserted date aka never saw on-screen.

#491 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

Newly inserted date aka never saw on-screen.

A 2 and a half minutes date with Sasuke ?

#492 Honestly

Honestly

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

Which date exactly ?

in this episode 17 Sakura and ino go on a girl's​ day out the both of them stop at a bench and ino brings up sasuke name and tell Sakura she knows that this is the place sasusaku whent to Sakura said for 2 and half minutes and said it was a date.

#493 Honestly

Honestly

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

You know what I just notice they bring in the bench scene like its SS thing WOW

#494 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

Hm...

Volume 3 Novel is coming out on September. It's the last days before Gaiden begins. Supposedly it's based on Sumire's backstory since the anime practically brushed away fast. Man, the sale is going to be interesting because the last one did poorly.

#495 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

in this episode 17 Sakura and ino go on a girl's​ day out the both of them stop at a bench and ino brings up sasuke name and tell Sakura she knows that this is the place sasusaku whent to Sakura said for 2 and half minutes and said it was a date.

The bench scene into a SS date ? No comment as I'm not surprised anymore.

Edited by T XD, 26 July 2017 - 07:26 PM.

#496 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

Well I mean the color palette feels like an old anime that's trying to stick around in 4K world. Granted no anime is on 4K (outside of that Gundam), but still, something about it give that dull vibe. It doesn't help that the cast doesn't do much to give light. It's weird. It's like the color setting is set to midway from negative to default setting.

Maybe because it's SD quality. Like HD doesn't exist. I don't know. Don't mind me. Something about it feels dull. Then again, maybe it's just the animation team. When it's good, it feels lively.

Edit: Someone mentioned about the setting feeling High School. I think it was the last episode, but the street walking scene could not be anymore cliche setting. It lost its niche that it should have remain our imagination. Unless it has something "unique" to demonstrate soon.

For both post:They went to HD years ago. They even did an omaka in the anime announcing it. It had Sakura and Tenzo as newscasters and Naruto blowing up part of his apartment's wall. I think it because of low budget, and the fact that they been working on Naruto for years they haven't updated their quality in years. So despite the fact that Boruto is in HD. The anime's quality is that of years ago when anime was just starting going HD. So it looks poor quality compared to newer anime or anime that have kept up with the times.

You do realize that they are reanimating the Hokage Ceremony thing, right?

Anyway, the episode is so-so. The first half should have carried forward to the next since the latter slowed down too much and it didn't feel as energetic. The sad thing is the premise almost sound like it could have been a touching episode. But I guess a wild goose chase is the way it is. Just my preference. Anyway, the episode was average, so nothing more I can add on to it.

What? Didn't they already do that in an ova? Also isn't Naruto the hokage now? Aren't they suppose to do the ceremony to announce that a person in becoming hokage and is taking the place of the current hokage?

I'll do the summary for 16-17 in a bit. I been busy in the morning for the past few weeks so I have been putting it off (also because of disinterest).

Hm...

Volume 3 Novel is coming out on September. It's the last days before Gaiden begins. Supposedly it's based on Sumire's backstory since the anime practically brushed away fast. Man, the sale is going to be interesting because the last one did poorly.

The volume of the manga or the light novels the anime is basing itself off of? Hopefully it will do poorly as well.

#497 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

For both post:They went to HD years ago. They even did an omaka in the anime announcing it. It had Sakura and Tenzo as newscasters and Naruto blowing up part of his apartment's wall. I think it because of low budget, and the fact that they been working on Naruto for years they haven't updated their quality in years. So despite the fact that Boruto is in HD. The anime's quality is that of years ago when anime was just starting going HD. So it looks poor quality compared to newer anime or anime that have kept up with the times.

What? Didn't they already do that in an ova? Also isn't Naruto the hokage now? Aren't they suppose to do the ceremony to announce that a person in becoming hokage and is taking the place of the current hokage?

I'll do the summary for 16-17 in a bit. I been busy in the morning for the past few weeks so I have been putting it off (also because of disinterest).

The volume of the manga or the light novels the anime is basing itself off of? Hopefully it will do poorly as well.

Actually, it's more about widescreen than actual HD. I remember that vividly. Maybe it is HD but why no Blu-ray release. Even One Piece does it and that one is going on for 3000 years.

Yes, they did that for OVA but they want to do it again for anime viewers. Yeah...

I don't blame you.

It supposed to be a standalone one. I think. I seriously wonder how is it going to do. Maybe it could be better? I don't know. It is supposedly new like based on anime but not seen before. I think.

#498 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:18 PM

Actually, it's more about widescreen than actual HD. I remember that vividly. Maybe it is HD but why no Blu-ray release. Even One Piece does it and that one is going on for 3000 years.

Yes, they did that for OVA but they want to do it again for anime viewers. Yeah...

I don't blame you.

It supposed to be a standalone one. I think. I seriously wonder how is it going to do. Maybe it could be better? I don't know. It is supposedly new like based on anime but not seen before. I think.

"They went to HD years ago. They even did an omaka in the anime announcing it. It had Sakura and Tenzo as newscasters and Naruto blowing up part of his apartment's wall. I think it because of low budget, and the fact that they been working on Naruto for years they haven't updated their quality in years. So despite the fact that Boruto is in HD. The anime's quality is that of years ago when anime was just starting going HD (if it was wide screen then it went HD when anime started going HD as well, thing were going HDS often when they were also going wide screen). So it looks poor quality compared to newer anime (My hero academy, food wars ect) or anime that have kept up with the times (One Piece)."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 July 2017 - 10:27 PM.

#499 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

The bench scene into a SS date ? No comment as I'm not surprised anymore.

giphy.gif

Oh my god .... they dare to touch that part and going to retcon it too??

Bad news for those that only watch/follow the anime.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#500 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:25 PM

Just finished watching the episode. No. It is a bench at the sea. Though it could be trying to subtly to blatantly trying to rewrite Naruto, by having SS have a bench scene which Sasuke forgot about that wasn't Naruto transformed as Sasuke having a NS moment.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 July 2017 - 10:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users