10 replies to this topic

#1 EmperorZeo

EmperorZeo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

I've posted this on Tumblr and NarutoForums, I'd like to see what you guys think?

Since the movie turned out to be just one big NH retcon, we all should collectively send Kishimoto fan mail. Not hate mail. Odds are Kishi will probably ignore anything telling him that he sucks. Fan mail gets read. We keep it polite; add in thanks and some flattery, and how we’re a loyal readers who read and bought his works for years. Then we mix in constructive criticism along with some tough questions. We make it clear to him that we are not stupid and we know that he retconed the romantic outcome. 

Remember keep things polite, be subtle. Then we ask him very specific questions about certain plot points in the manga that very clearly pointed to NS, such as the parallels and the foreshadowing and whatever else. Everything that contradicts what he said in the interviews. Pick whichever points in the manga you think work best, like Yamato’s thoughts on Sakura’s feelings, or the very clear similarities between NS and MK. Maybe even ask him why all of the media outside of the manga, such as the Tale of the Gutsy Ninja and databooks suggested that Naruto and Sakura’s relationship was becoming romantic. Specific things that we want him to answer. Make it clear that we know this wasn't all done to mislead us. Then talk about how good Kishimoto actually was at building NS’ romantic relationship over the years. How he actually did a better job at it than most shonen authors. Or, how that would have actually been the case had he done the logical thing and gone through with NS. 

End it by talking about how ultimately you were disappointed with the final outcome and his decisions as a writer after having done a good job for so many years. Make sure he knows how disappointed to you are, seriously, lay it on thick. Finally, ask why he did it. Why he went with NH after developing NS so well as a couple, only weeks before the end. Avoid using any sarcasm. If he gets enough fan mail asking the same questions and showing the same disappointment, he won’t be able to ignore it. He might even give us an honest explanation.

I'd like to find a way to spread this idea to the Japanese fans as well.

http://www.fanmail.biz/70898.html

http://www.naruto.com/j/yosegaki/

Edited by EmperorZeo, 12 December 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#2 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:47 AM

As long as this fan mail doesnt turn into a hate mail, this is a good idea  :yes:

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:01 PM

I'm not interested in this but I think it would be a good idea, not only for fans, but for Kishi too. Remember to mention what else he got wrong besides the pairings, because that was only half of it tbh. It's just what struck us the most personally.

ナルサク

#4 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

spoiler for negative thoughts..

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#5 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:52 PM

He'll just give an excuse he's already given in interviews. You will never get him to admit he made a mistake. That much is clear.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#6 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

He'll just give an excuse he's already given in interviews. You will never get him to admit he made a mistake. That much is clear.

Maybe not, but you can see in his recent interviews how he's trying to accredit Pierrot for the movie's concept while subtly distancing himself away from them. Word must have returned to him that the film isn't garnering the wide scale appeal and support that was originally anticipated. 

#7 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

He will probably throw the mail into the trash on his way to the bank.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#8 EmperorZeo

EmperorZeo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

How likely he is to reply, that I'm not sure, but it wouldn't hurt if as many fans as possible voiced their displeasure. At the very least show him that the fans know that he is lying and that his series is only going to keep going downhill. If people have time to make long rants on the internet, then they should have enough time to write a letter or post on the website. Ask hard questions. Make him think. It couldn't hurt.

#9 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

he already said that all the NS stuff was pretty much a red herring, not much else to explain

#10 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

he already said that all the NS stuff was pretty much a red herring, not much else to explain

Still its pretty stupid to develop a red herring more than your supposed main pair

I believe is Kishi is just trying to save face.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#11 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

I'm not interested in this but I think it would be a good idea, not only for fans, but for Kishi too. Remember to mention what else he got wrong besides the pairings, because that was only half of it tbh. It's just what struck us the most personally.

giphy.gif
His brother atleast knew how to do NS right

[img=http://oi58.tinypic.com/11qntsj.jpg[/img]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users