Close
Photo

Do you like Sai or Sasuke better for team 7?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is better? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Sai or Sasuke

1. Sai (42 votes [76.36%])

Percentage of vote: 76.36%

2. Sasuke (13 votes [23.64%])

Percentage of vote: 23.64%

Vote

#1 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

Personally, I like Sai more.. He's more ... lovable. whatthekitten.gif

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#2 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:57 AM

Sai. Sasuke was a bitter ass. Sai is Sai.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#3 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:29 AM

I think if I had to choose, I'd go for Sasuke. That said, I'd prefer Sasuke only if he never left Konoha in the first place, and was still the grumpy yet competitive rival to our favourite blonde. I like Sasuke with team 7 most in non-Uchiha massacre fics. I like a grudgingly childish Sasuke XD

Not much of a comparison, but the canon-wise and 'well duh' summary of my verdict is: Sasuke if it's part 1, Sai if it's Shippuden (he is very lovable!)

Edited by peanutbutter126, 07 December 2011 - 01:30 AM.

#4 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Dec 6 2011, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke. I really miss the old team 7. shamefulcry0js.gif

Was it really necessary to say "Sasuke was a bitter ass"? rawr.gif

Yeah huh.gif Because it's the truth, and that's my reasoning as to why I like Sai more. It's pretty obvious that he was. I'm not bashing him or anything, just saying the truth.

AboojTi.gif

#5 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

Sasuke, Sai is awesome, but he is more of a support for bringing old team 7 back.. not a absolute replacement.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#6 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

i like sasuke biggrin.gif it was funnier XDD and more like a team with him around.

with sai its more just like sakura and naruto are talking to each other will sai observes. XD

though i love sai :3 i hope he stays on the team somehow.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Dec 6 2011, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I like Sai more.. He's more ... lovable. whatthekitten.gif

^ This. Sai is love wub.gif

*adds a poll~* Cause any thread like this needs a poll wink.gif

#8 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

vote people, i see some people going for Sasuke yet he has 0 votes.

On my view...Sai is better...Sasuke i disliked since day one. I dislike revenge bent characters.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#9 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:55 AM

That's a tough decision for me, but I've got to go with Sai on this one, despite only being with Team Seven for a short while he's done a lot more than Sasuke ever did for his team, and he made Sakura realize just how much Naruto loves her, that gives him bonus points right there from me.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#10 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:00 AM

Sai by a million miles. Sasuke- at his best was still focused on himself over the team. Sai quickly realized the truth of what Naruto was saying and despite feeling some conflicting loyalty to Danzo, valued the healthy bond that he had developed to Naruto and hid information from Danzo about Naruto. Once Danzo was killed he had no more bond to Root and gave his full loyalty to Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi. Sai cares intensely about the new Team 7 as a unit and about the members, especially Naruto and Sakura.

Sai can be snarky but his bond to them is deep and true. He desperately wants Naruto and Sakura to have as deep a bond to him as they do to Sasuke- who is only a source of pain to Naruto and Sakura. A point that enrages Sai. Sasuke is profoundly hurting the people he cares the most about. Interesting how Kakashi wasn't the greatest sensei to Naruto and Sakura (especially Sakura- by his own admission) but he gets Sai right away and tells him the words he has longed to hear from Naruto and Sakura, that they see him as a member of Team 7.

Sakura does see Sai as member of Team 7 somewhat more than Naruto. Naruto still seems to be blind to Sai's desire to be acknowledged as his team mate. Sakura pretty much acts as she automatically accepts him as a team mate- we see that even when he first shows up- until he acts like a jerk too long. She still tries to reach out to him even after that- about his art. Sakura just hasn't said it straight out. For Naruto I think he is still kind subconsciously judging Sai as an "outsider" because of how Sai acted at first. Sakura is a lot more aware of how Sai has changed.

Sasuke only had a true bond to Naruto. At best, Sakura was a "annoying", "useless" girl who was "less a ninja than Naruto"- the person who he called "dead last". Kakashi he didn't give a rip about- even though he was Kakashi's favorite student and received the lion's share of training and praise. Sasuke is way too arrogant, and even at his best in Team 7 he thought he was far superior to everyone else.

Sai began arrogant but was quickly cured of that by both Naruto and Sakura. When Sakura landed that punch on him, his reaction was a wary respect of her, not a jealous snit. Sai cares about his team mates emotional well being as well- not just Naruto's but Sakura's too. He was deeply ashamed of the grave emotional pain he had caused Sakura because he misunderstood what the POAL was...

Edited by ciardha, 07 December 2011 - 05:29 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#11 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

sasuke XD cause he was the first one on team 7 and a true friend but because he had many problems and didn't know how to focus on the real important things in his life, he left with hatred in his heart that has blinded him to focus on what's important and besides no one is perfect, all of us make mistakes in our lives and that why we shouldn't give up on him smile.gif

#12 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

That's quite an illogical comparison since Sasuke is cast as an evil guy and Sai as a good guy.
But anyway, being a Team 7 fan - I chose Sasuke. His character has much more depth.

#13 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

I'm actually tied between the two of them. I like Sai better, personality wise, but a part of me also misses the original Team 7, no matter how much I despise Sasuke.

JA2DBzd.png

#14 Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Dattebayo!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Art (Photoshop, Drawing, Painting etc.), Manga, Anime, Hardware &amp; Software genius, Tennis, Music... :)

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

I go with Sai. Sasuke has never had strong bonds like current Team 7.

#15 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 7 2011, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sai by a million miles. Sasuke- at his best was still focused on himself over the team. Sai quickly realized the truth of what Naruto was saying and despite feeling some conflicting loyalty to Danzo, valued the healthy bond that he had developed to Naruto and hid information from Danzo about Naruto. Once Danzo was killed he had no more bond to Root and gave his full loyalty to Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi. Sai cares intensely about the new Team 7 as a unit and about the members, especially Naruto and Sakura.

Sai can be snarky but his bond to them is deep and true. He desperately wants Naruto and Sakura to have as deep a bond to him as they do to Sasuke- who is only a source of pain to Naruto and Sakura. A point that enrages Sai. Sasuke is profoundly hurting the people he cares the most about. Interesting how Kakashi wasn't the greatest sensei to Naruto and Sakura (especially Sakura- by his own admission) but he gets Sai right away and tells him the words he has longed to hear from Naruto and Sakura, that they see him as a member of Team 7.

Sakura does see Sai as member of Team 7 somewhat more than Naruto. Naruto still seems to be blind to Sai's desire to be acknowledged as his team mate. Sakura pretty much acts as she automatically accepts him as a team mate- we see that even when he first shows up- until he acts like a jerk too long. She still tries to reach out to him even after that- about his art. Sakura just hasn't said it straight out. For Naruto I think he is still kind subconsciously judging Sai as an "outsider" because of how Sai acted at first. Sakura is a lot more aware of how Sai has changed.

Sasuke only had a true bond to Naruto. At best, Sakura was a "annoying", "useless" girl who was "less a ninja than Naruto"- the person who he called "dead last". Kakashi he didn't give a rip about- even though he was Kakashi's favorite student and received the lion's share of training and praise. Sasuke is way too arrogant, and even at his best in Team 7 he thought he was far superior to everyone else.

Sai began arrogant but was quickly cured of that by both Naruto and Sakura. When Sakura landed that punch on him, his reaction was a wary respect of her, not a jealous snit. Sai cares about his team mates emotional well being as well- not just Naruto's but Sakura's too. He was deeply ashamed of the grave emotional pain he had caused Sakura because he misunderstood what the POAL was...

Quoted for truth a_thumbs.gif

#16 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

I want to say Sasuke for nostalgic reasons and because I think that he's often undervalued by just about everybody on what he did for the team. Except Sakura and Naruto who go to the other extreme. But that was a long time ago. Sai's been with the team for a long time now, despite being considered as a replacement member for quite a while and he's tried hard to fit in. And he's such a trip with how he doesn't quite succeed. I'd really like to have them both on Team 7. I think that they'd play great off of each other.

#17 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Dec 7 2011, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd really like to have them both on Team 7. I think that they'd play great off of each other.

I'd like Sasuke to be incarcerated for the rest of his life, and never join another team ever again, if he somehow manages to live.

#18 Cursed Wind

Cursed Wind

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 7 2011, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like Sasuke to be incarcerated for the rest of his life, and never join another team ever again, if he somehow manages to live.

Oh my god I cant stop laughing!

Hmm i'm going with Sai cause personally he's he better person to have on the team than Sasuke.

Edited by Cursed Wind, 07 December 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

They both suck how bout that? tongue.gif Though Sai IS funnier. Sasuke? hmm. Well as he is now there are no good qualities about him. If he chooses to return and I MEAN IF, and redeems himself then I might give him some thought but until then I don't give a crap -___-

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 December 2011 - 09:47 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#20 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 7 2011, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It'd depend on what kind of treatment he'd receive if he got back (because, let's face it, that poor guy needs a crapload of therapy). If he never really recovered, then yeah, he wouldn't be fit to be on any team, let alone Team 7.

AboojTi.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users