#1 Askia31

Askia31

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/552

Edited by Askia31, 24 August 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#2 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

Well, started out well, but, for some reason, it just fizzled out in the end. All in all, an ok chapter. Loved Itachi's speech to Naruto about continuing the path to hokage and not dealing with this alone. So I guess Naruto's either going to Madara or Sasuke?

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#3 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

IMO it was a good chapter I like when Itachi talks to Naruto, Itachi acts like an older brother to him. His speech was great too. all in all I liked this chapter.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#4 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

Itachi Rocks!

#5 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

Thoughts..... --Click here to view--
Very, very, VERY happy to see someone ramming that lecture through his thick skull. And from Itachi nonetheless. I've been wanting someone to get that through his thick skull. At first I thought it would be Shikamaru but I'm glad Itachi did that.

We also have confirmation Itachi KNEW Minato and Kushina closely. Moreover it also seems to hint just how close they were to Itachi's family or at least his mother. I think it pretty much hints Mikoto was indeed Minato's teammate, otherwise how would've Itachi spoke about Minato as if knew him very personally??

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#6 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

First time that I really like Itachi. He said to Naruto what had to be said, in a way that will sink in. Will make it more likely that he will share burdens with Sakura, instead of trying to keep them hidden from her. I've felt for months (years?) that this attitude was the biggest stumbling block to NaruSaku becoming a healthy relationship.

Considering how much Sasuke's mental disorder is due to Itachi (ie. you have to get stronger so you can kill me, otherwise you are worthless), I've wondered if Itachi-zombie would crumble to dust if he saw how screwed Sasuke is now. That Itachi's greatest goal was to spite his younger brother.

Edited by RedDelicious, 24 August 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#7 Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Dattebayo!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Art (Photoshop, Drawing, Painting etc.), Manga, Anime, Hardware & Software genius, Tennis, Music... :)

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

The chapter was brilliant. I really liked Itachi's speech and the way that he said to Naruto. The whole thing now is going to make sense. I wonder how will this plan work? I hope for success. smile.gif

Edited by Kuraudo, 24 August 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#8 Giosoccer

Giosoccer

Fuuton: rasen shuriken

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Drawing

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Aug 24 2011, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very, very, VERY happy to see someone ramming that lecture through his thick skull. And from Itachi nonetheless. I've been wanting someone to get that through his thick skull. At first I thought it would be Shikamaru but I'm glad Itachi did that.

We also have confirmation Itachi KNEW Minato and Kushina closely. Moreover it also seems to hint just how close they were to Itachi's family or at least his mother. I think it pretty much hints Mikoto was indeed Minato's teammate, otherwise how would've Itachi spoke about Minato as if knew him very personally??

Great ideas! biggrin.gif
I agree they must have know each other well or he wouldn't have talked like that and i think itachi is goin after kabuto to stop the edo tensei. If itachi does stop it though i wonder what his last words will be?

Edited by Giosoccer, 24 August 2011 - 04:37 PM.

#9 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

Another epic chapter I love Itachi's words to Naruto to never forget that you're never alone and that you have friends watching over you, don't shoulder everything on your own when you have friends Itachi has become one of favorite character truly awesome.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#10 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

My favorite part was by far when Itachi told Naruto not to forget his friends and try to do everything on his own. As adorable as Naruto can be, I've always felt that that particular trait was somehwat annoying and arrogant. Also, its something that has been present, pretty much since the start of the manga.

There is also the double stadard of how its apparently a crime for Sakura to keep secrets from and/or lie to Naruto, but its totally okay for Naruto to keep secrets from and/or lie to Sakura. All in all I hope this speech will encourage Naruto to, eventually, confront Sakura about her feelings and more importantly, his own feelings. It might not happen until the very end though. down.gif

I really like Itachi now. At first I didn't really care that much for him but now it seem to me like he's a lot more comfortable with himself. I think it has to do with the fact that he no longer has any "earthly bounds" to that cursed clan of his.

And while we are on the subject of Sakura, I really hope she gets a fight soon. If its true that Itachi willl take care of all the Edo Tensei Zombies, then that doesn't leave a whole lot for Sakura to "prove herself" like it was recently discussed in the debate thread. confused.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 24 August 2011 - 05:35 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#11 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned page 9 yet --Click here to view--
For each of the subimages:
- Sakura in front of Sai and Kakashi... check
- Lee in front of his team... check
- Iruka just ahead of Tsunade... check
- Ino ahead of Shikamaru... huh??
- Hinata is in front of her team... except she is behind Akamaru ?!

At first glance I thought this would be useful in the pairing wars, but I guess not. biggrin.gif

Edited by RedDelicious, 24 August 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#12 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

Hmmmmso Finally Kishimoto remembered one of the key elements of the manga, teamwork and unity, it might have made a bigger impacts but when you look back to all Naruto battles, there hasn't been many teamwork battles, hopefully this means he is united with Sakura and other members of Team Kakashi. Liked what Itachi said, he reminded Naruto the the true purpose of being hokage.

So he couldn't do shadow clones...but didn't he send out a bunch of clones a few chapters earlier? I think it might have been an idea to show what the clones were doing.

I'm getting a bit worried about Bee, this is the second person who told him to look after him, makes me think that maybe he'll be getting caught soon...if that happens I hope the Chakra stored inside Samahada is enough to revive him.

Wonder if we'll finally see what's in that final coffin? Is it Madara's original body or even his younger brothers? I beleive hes the only strong shinobi that's been mentioned (apart from the sage of the six paths) that we've not seen fight.

That was Naruto at the end right? It's just with the question mark at the end made me wonder if it was someone else....like maybe Kushina....nah....can't be her or Mito right? I'm probably thinking too much into it.

QUOTE (Codus N @ Aug 24 2011, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah we already saw Minato's teammates right when they were kids and the girl didn't look like Mikato to me.

Edited by harry4e, 24 August 2011 - 06:30 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#13 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Aug 24 2011, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned page 9 yet --Click here to view--
For each of the subimages:
- Sakura in front of Sai and Kakashi... check
- Lee in front of his team... check
- Iruka just ahead of Tsunade... check
- Ino ahead of Shikamaru... huh??
- Hinata is in front of her team... except she is behind Akamaru ?!

At first glance I thought this would be useful in the pairing wars, but I guess not. biggrin.gif

It's not useful. --Click here to view--
It isn't really. Naruto remembers his friends and they're organized in Cell teams + the rest. There's nothing symbolic except that it's showing the people he cares about.

Somebody'll likely try to dissect that page to death, though... rolleyes.gif

#14 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

Another great chapter and the manga shows why its head and shoulders above the anime right now. Itachi's speech to Naruto was well played and I'm glad that he told Naruto he doesn't have to shoulder this alone, it shows how great of a character Itachi is and he definitely has my definition respect now, then again he always has over Sasuke and that's something Itachi knew Minato and Kushina. I just hope Naruto takes Itachi's speech to heart, especially the part about Minato having Kushina, I could so see that paralleled with Sakura, if only it would happen. biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#15 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

That was good --Click here to view--
Kishi addressed something that we have been arguing about and that's Naruto's sudden want to go alone and become the destined child. Which is un-Naruto-like and this was Itachi saying, "Wait a moment. Do not follow this path to victory or you will become like Madara"

And it was entirely likely Itachi knew both Minato and Kushina because of his age and his mother. So the page was to illustrate to Naruto do not give up who you truly are inside. You won't need Shisui's eye to stop Sasuke. Well that's all fine and dandy but I think we aren't done from seeing that crow's eyeball just yet.

Itachi has proven to be a great character at this time. Susano has a giant sealing gourd made out of fire, who knew? And he's still kicking for the moment, however Kabuto saying he's going to use his trump card it makes you wonder.

Does he mean the coffin he held back from Madara? Or does he mean something else?

Love the MinaKushi panel hopefully it doesn't get distorted by pairing wars. But page 9, you do read Manga from Right to Left Remember? I wonder where Itachi is going though, probably after Kabuto.

And Gaara and the Tsuchikage and.......wot.gif

argh1.png The Previous Tsuchikage is using a RASENGAN!!! GAARA RUN!!!!! (Yes I know it was Naruto's hand it was a joke, why else would it say Finally Arrived in the bottom panel and the zombie mummy be in the shot? But he is really low on Chakra)

Edited by Insurrection, 24 August 2011 - 06:59 PM.

#16 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Aug 24 2011, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

argh1.png The Previous Tsuchikage is using a RASENGAN!!! GAARA RUN!!!!!

I don't know if you are kidding or not but it's clear that it's Naruto hand on the last panel

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#17 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 24 2011, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if you are kidding or not but it's clear that it's Naruto hand on the last panel

pictureem0.gif tongue.gif

Edited by Insurrection, 24 August 2011 - 07:00 PM.

#18 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Now I'm finally getting into this war. I wish Itachi was real, I'd like to give him a handshake for saying what we've all been thinking. Awesome chapter. As for Kabuto's trump card, I have a feeling this is going to get Itachi killed....again. Can someone just leave the man alone. He's done enough.

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#19 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Aug 24 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not useful. It isn't really. Naruto remembers his friends and they're organized in Cell teams + the rest. There's nothing symbolic except that it's showing the people he cares about.

Somebody'll likely try to dissect that page to death, though... rolleyes.gif

Ooo! Ooo! I'll start!! Sakura is shown as prominently as only one other character in that panel, so it must mean that Kishimoto is planning a pairing curve ball: Naru/Lee! laugh.gif

I'm sorta bummed that the Kabuto's zombie jutsu is so weak. Itachi has flat out thrown it off, and the rest are able to talk the troops through most of their moves. Only then does Kabuto catch on and overpower their own personalities.

Also, I'm curious if this is going to be a straightforward mega-battle then wrap-up ending, or if it's going to come down like ATLA with a big fail then a more serious/mature battle later. I'm thinking not since Naruto got a maturity pep-talk. Which he definitely needed, btw. Anyway, sometimes I've decided it's going to end soon, then other times I think there are so many little details that it will take years to wrap up.

Edited by tricksie, 24 August 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#20 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

This is a video my friend made discussing part of this chapter, and I have to agree with him on it:

Besides that, the chapter was fine. I look forward to seeing Kabuto's "secret weapon". And it is true that Itachi is better to fight the Edo Tenseis, considering that his Totsuka Sword can seal souls.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users