LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:39 AM

So Ria and I (while working on.... something) talked about Tobi and how he was handled as a character and when it came to him being Obito in chapter 599.  We both like Obito as character, and thought his send off was at the very least good, but we also notice that his character lacks alot of stuff that people don't necessary like or completely despise. 

So  lets get say you planned out that Tobi was going to be Obito, how would you have had the build up to the guy behind the mask? What motives would you give Obito to make him arguably a great character like Orochimaru was in Part 1 (if possible)? Would you still make Rin a catalyst for him falling to the darkside (Like SKYWALKER lol)?  and How would you complete his character arc when all is said and done in the story?

Edited by LuckyChi7, 28 November 2016 - 05:40 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#43322 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:25 AM

Well to me the intent of Obito was to in fact be a warning to naruto in some ways along the same lines as Gaara.

Gaara was his warning of the dangers of lonliness and the devil within so to speak, where Naruto could have ended up if he didnt find his friends.

Obito was the danger of losing his friends and the woman he loved. the nihlistic monster who didnt care about anything except his own happiness and was willignt o destroy everyone elses for it.

Sasuke was his warning about falling to vengance and how that dark road leads to nothingness. How even when you achieve vengance all thats left is ash.

Rin was his catalyst to his fall to the darkness, when she died and seemingly by kakashi his best friend who promised to protect hers hand. He lost all reason to live and instead of survivng the grief he gave into it and let the grief and rage rule him. I dont care ill make a world where your not dead.

How far would Naruto go to bring Sakura back? what damage would he do, who would he kill?

from a story standpoint tobi being obito makes sense, he is playing the clown to distract from his true goals and the role hes taken on as Madara.

So you stick to the basic motives attributed to him

Break the ninja system that cost him his love and life

Reform the world in his image a world where Rin is alive.

By proxy make eveyrone else happy as they live a wonderful dream as well.

No sacrafice is too great to achieve these goals all must burn if needed.

Naruto angers and scares him the most becase he sees himself so clearly in Naruto. he sees the wide eyed optimist he used to be with the naive dream of being hokage and making the world a better place.

At one point he would actively threaten sakura putting her life in mortal danger to show naruto the futility of love only for Naruto to save her at the last moment. Still the close call would have Obito see the lvoe they have for each other and it would cause him great pain and some self reflection as to whether hes doing the right thing.

Eventually naruto breaks through the shell which is aided by when madara reveals or is revealed to be behind all his problems, ie rins death,  etc

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#43323 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

Well to me the intent of Obito was to in fact be a warning to naruto in some ways along the same lines as Gaara.

Gaara was his warning of the dangers of lonliness and the devil within so to speak, where Naruto could have ended up if he didnt find his friends.

Obito was the danger of losing his friends and the woman he loved. the nihlistic monster who didnt care about anything except his own happiness and was willignt o destroy everyone elses for it.

Sasuke was his warning about falling to vengance and how that dark road leads to nothingness. How even when you achieve vengance all thats left is ash.

Rin was his catalyst to his fall to the darkness, when she died and seemingly by kakashi his best friend who promised to protect hers hand. He lost all reason to live and instead of survivng the grief he gave into it and let the grief and rage rule him. I dont care ill make a world where your not dead.

How far would Naruto go to bring Sakura back? what damage would he do, who would he kill?

from a story standpoint tobi being obito makes sense, he is playing the clown to distract from his true goals and the role hes taken on as Madara.

Naruto angers and scares him the most becase he sees himself so clearly in Naruto. he sees the wide eyed optimist he used to be with the naive dream of being hokage and making the world a better place.

At one point he would actively threaten sakura putting her life in mortal danger to show naruto the futility of love only for Naruto to save her at the last moment. Still the close call would have Obito see the lvoe they have for each other and it would cause him great pain and some self reflection as to whether hes doing the right thing.

Eventually naruto breaks through the shell which is aided by when madara reveals or is revealed to be behind all his problems, ie rins death,  etc

@catsi, I love what you wrote! I wish it had turned out that way! 

I wish the ending had focused tightly on Obito and the parallels between him and Team 7, including mirroring the interaction between ObiRin and NaruSaku. It would have been sooo good. So much better than what we got!

#43324 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:50 PM

@catsi563

He loved Sakura because of his rivalry with Sasuke, and he things hes parents killer is the coolest guy ever. That's all we got from him.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#43325 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

And as I keep saying, that shows that almost every main / major antagonist has been a "Naruto gone wrong" foil.

You need to include Haku as a warning to allowing himself to simply be used as a tool / weapon by others (like Danzo and others wanted him to be) while Nagato, similar to Sasuke and Obito, being about pain and vengeance perverting attempts at "bringing peace" through the hypocrisy of total destruction to anyone who dares threaten it.

2e5.gif

#43326 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:51 PM

Thats much of the point of the story though. Naruto is about Narutos growth. All the villains and challenges he faces are in many ways lessons for him, and some are intended to be very dark mirrors into his own soul, very much a "but there for the grace of god go I." so that he appreciates what he has all the more.

there are others too such as Itachi who is both a hard lesson about duty and honor, while simultaneously being a lesson in the darker aspects of governance in the Shinobi world.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#43327 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:52 AM

That's much of the point of the story though. Naruto is about Naruto's growth. All the villains and challenges he faces are in many ways lessons for him, and some are intended to be very dark mirrors into his own soul, very much a "but there for the grace of god go I." so that he appreciates what he has all the more.

That's pretty much Naruto. Even the filler. Every arc Naruto meets some person either evil or good, who we learn their backstory of and the manga always gives us a moment where we are suppose to understand. "This could have been Naruto if thing were different." It the same with all the villains when the manga has a sympathy for the villain moment where we are suppose to think. Imagine "the good they could have done if they hadn't fallen." With the same problem: "At the end of the manga nothing comes from it." Sure Naruto would have a revelation for that arc maybe make a nice speech. But as we say with the final battle and the ending (not counting everything after). That all ends up falling on death's ear and ends up being pointless filler.

#43328 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

My problem with obito is he won't shut up about his pain and rin dying plus we barely spent anytime with him or rin so I couldn't connect with them as a couple and the stuff revealed just made everything worse and raise so many questions. And the uds meter goes almost off the charts with how much kishi favored him til madara showed back up and all obito is a lame Vader rip off. He could have been a good villain but it just didn't work and that thing with him as Tobi being a clown til the fake marada reveal just didn't work because him acting like that makes you can't take him seriously when the reveal happen better example is in die hard were hans pretended to be a hostage and meets John and doesn't let on til later that he is Hans.
Naruto would probably go kratos on the world if Sakura was killed and could be done well or you go the ezio route if that happened. Obito is just a tool an annoying boring tool like Jason Todd.

#43329 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

And as I keep saying, that shows that almost every main / major antagonist has been a "Naruto gone wrong" foil.
You need to include Haku as a warning to allowing himself to simply be used as a tool / weapon by others (like Danzo and others wanted him to be) while Nagato, similar to Sasuke and Obito, being about pain and vengeance perverting attempts at "bringing peace" through the hypocrisy of total destruction to anyone who dares threaten it.

That was an interesting idea but it wasn't Don well I mean best ones were haku, garra and nagato the others really had were nothing like him plus nagato is basically sasuke and obito put together and done better.
Plus that villains are naruto gone is so overdone and gets old quick. It also hurt the series cause naruto learned nothing from them expect haku and maybe garra. I mean avatar did this better with aang and zuko and even Korra in season 4 brought this up with this told Korra thinking about what the past three seasons villains wanted and she learned from it.
And before you tell me to use multiquotes I just reaizled I did that so I'll that next time sorry it's a habit plus I don't find another quote to respond til after I've already respond to.

Edited by VanitasDS76491, 29 November 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#43330 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:51 PM

Thats much of the point of the story though. Naruto is about Narutos growth. All the villains and challenges he faces are in many ways lessons for him, and some are intended to be very dark mirrors into his own soul, very much a "but there for the grace of god go I." so that he appreciates what he has all the more.

there are others too such as Itachi who is both a hard lesson about duty and honor, while simultaneously being a lesson in the darker aspects of governance in the Shinobi world.

You mean his turned into the boss from mgs 3.

#43331 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

Well if anyone still interested. Here is the latest two pages of the Naruto Alternative: The Last

That's how you keep character in character . Naruto and Sakura's interaction just brings back memories.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#43332 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:54 PM

@Konoha'sCrimsonFox

That art is top notch. Irony when the cannon art is 10 times terrible than that, if the creator of Boruto manga saw that maybe he's gonna hired you :D .

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#43333 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:35 AM

Well if anyone still interested. Here is the latest two pages of the Naruto Alternative: The Last

That's how you keep character in character . Naruto and Sakura's interaction just brings back memories.

Can I get a link for this comic cause I like it so far and it's tens time better than that movie.

#43334 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:19 AM

@Konoha'sCrimsonFox
That art is top notch. Irony when the cannon art is 10 times terrible than that, if the creator of Boruto manga saw that maybe he's gonna hired you :D .

Agree and the writer of the Boruto manga would not hire this artists because it goes against the pairings and original ending.

Can I get a link for this comic cause I like it so far and it's tens time better than that movie.

I scanlated the first chapter http://narudoujinalt...ic.org/comics/1

Parts or chapter 2

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#43335 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:49 AM

Agree and the writer of the Boruto manga would not hire this artists because it goes against the pairings and original ending.

I scanlated the first chapter http://narudoujinalt...ic.org/comics/1

Parts or chapter 2

Can't to see how they do the rejection scene and the rivalry scence and after toneri is beat, hopefully shina and hanami are in the after credits part.

#43336 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

The last panel of Naruto and Sakura are funny :lmao: My best kind of moments :lmao:

#43337 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:19 AM

The last panel of Naruto and Sakura are funny :lmao: My best kind of moments :lmao:

Ya those two have the best chemistry together and were great friends wish they're friendship turned into love which i think it did. I don't know why they had to be separated they could still be close friends but no salutes has be out of his life completely for no reason.

#43338 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:14 PM

Ya those two have the best chemistry together and were great friends wish they're friendship turned into love which i think it did. I don't know why they had to be separated they could still be close friends but no salutes has be out of his life completely for no reason.

It's obvious their bond did progress to romantic feelings between the two in the manga, but wasn't spoken.

Studio Pierrot, executives, editors and Sueisha wanted NH :fu:

Edited by T XD, 30 November 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#43339 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

It's obvious their bond did progress to romantic feelings between the two in the manga, but wasn't spoken.
Studio Pierrot, executives, editors and Sueisha wanted NH :fu:

Ya look were that got them now no one cares anymore and Naruto is failing hard cause bolt is so unlikable and it's just going rehash what his father when though. So they're though for new gen for naruto is to soft reboot the series were what naruto went through did happen but bolt goes though the same thing only done worse. Why do is soft reboot something that needs to happen just screams laziness unless it's about star wars that did a soft reboot well.
I'm still baffled how nh ever became a thing. Makes me wish sakura didn't save hinata during the pain arc or have her be so wound that sakura can't heal her and hinata dies after nagato did his rebirth justu.
Another thing that bothers me is them not having naruto and sakura talk or interact anymore the two closest people in the series can't even be shown together just as friends and it's clear salutes still loves him and he still loves her cause really naruto and hinata don't even talk to each other and him and Sasuke are just the same thing ever time. I'll love when naruto and Sasuke being together in a movie or anything doesn't make the profit they wanted cause i think that's what made the bolt movie make what it did cause I doubt people cared about what bolt was going through.

Edited by VanitasDS76491, 30 November 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#43340 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:11 PM

Ya look were that got them now no one cares anymore and Naruto is failing hard cause bolt is so unlikable and it's just going rehash what his father when though. So they're though for new gen for naruto is to soft reboot the series were what naruto went through did happen but bolt goes though the same thing only done worse. Why do is soft reboot something that needs to happen just screams laziness unless it's about star wars that did a soft reboot well.
I'm still baffled how nh ever became a thing. Makes me wish sakura didn't save hinata during the pain arc or have her be so wound that sakura can't heal her and hinata dies after nagato did his rebirth justu.
Another thing that bothers me is them not having naruto and sakura talk or interact anymore the two closest people in the series can't even be shown together just as friends and it's clear salutes still loves him and he still loves her cause really naruto and hinata don't even talk to each other and him and Sasuke are just the same thing ever time. I'll love when naruto and Sasuke being together in a movie or anything doesn't make the profit they wanted cause i think that's what made the bolt movie make what it did cause I doubt people cared about what bolt was going through.

They can't show Naruto and Sakura interacting cause:

1- It will show how NH is weak cause they don't interact much with Naruto and Sakura interacting no matter how. 

2- It will be shown furthermore that NS fits more than NH and that Kishimoto had NS the decided couple for his manga.

Edited by T XD, 30 November 2016 - 01:12 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users