3357 replies to this topic

#3241 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:34 PM

So, they had a fake out, but went for it at the end anyway. Great.

Oh look! Souma may have finally started to be attracted to Erina.

*sigh* Feels like every chapter there is usually a decision the mangaka makes that feels like it is the worst possible choice he could make, this chapter ended with another bad end, and it was going so well too, we has a cute Hisako moment, we had Ikumi getting flustered moment and a nice scene between Erina and Souma, then they had to mess it all up.

This is honestly happening too fast. The editor should honestly be telling them to slow down, unless they were the idiots telling them to speed it up. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 September 2018 - 11:47 PM.

#3242 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:31 PM

I only question, Is this kidnapping EVEN necessary? :wot:  :mellow:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3243 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:07 PM

I only question, Is this kidnapping EVEN necessary? :wot:  :mellow:

At this point? No. Other than to assure everyone he is the villain. Granted he is about a menacing as this:

dc5.gif

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 September 2018 - 11:50 PM.

#3244 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:04 AM

So, they had a fake out, but went for it at the end anyway. Great.

Oh look! Souma may have finally started to be attracted to Erina.

This is honestly happening too fast. The editor should honestly be telling them to slow down, unless they were the idiots telling them to speed it up. 

What was even the point of the last few chapters if they were going to kidnap her anyway? Is this the outcome of negative feedback from the previous chapters and the editor is forcing them to rush through it to get to the exciting parts? It's bad enough the arc itself is not that compelling but it's made worst by rushing through it.

Neither route looks like a good idea for the manga, as it makes Erina the damsel in distress again, making the entire past two years of enduring Azami pointless.I can see two possible routes, one where Erina is brainwashed with some awesome cooking (because why note) or manipulated using some other method, and they use her to control the school, or they genuinely keep her kidnapped and she's a bloody princess that needs rescuing. With both routes requiring her to be rescued by Souma.

Seriously hoping neither paths are taken and the mangaka has something original or atleast interesting planned, but ever since the end of food festival, the manga has taken a nose dive that you wondered if a someone else is writing the manga or a new editor was forcing changes, I don't hope for the best.

iAnby7W.gif

#3245 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:22 AM

What was even the point of the last few chapters if they were going to kidnap her anyway? Is this the outcome of negative feedback from the previous chapters and the editor is forcing them to rush through it to get to the exciting parts? It's bad enough the arc itself is not that compelling but it's made worst by rushing through it.

Neither route looks like a good idea for the manga, as it makes Erina the damsel in distress again, making the entire past two years of enduring Azami pointless.I can see two possible routes, one where Erina is brainwashed with some awesome cooking (because why note) or manipulated using some other method, and they use her to control the school, or they genuinely keep her kidnapped and she's a bloody princess that needs rescuing. With both routes requiring her to be rescued by Souma.

Seriously hoping neither paths are taken and the mangaka has something original or atleast interesting planned, but ever since the end of food festival, the manga has taken a nose dive that you wondered if a someone else is writing the manga or a new editor was forcing changes, I don't hope for the best.

Possibly.

This does not render her arc pointless! That arc was escaping her father control both physically and mentally.This arc is about her and Souma falling in love from what I can tell. I imagine he going to make her "Fall in love with his cooking." Whatever form that takes. The next few chapter will truly set it in stone whether this arc will flop or not.

#3246 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

It only flops in my book if again Soma and Erina's relationship does not progress because that is the ENTIRE POINT of this idiotic plot device (kidnapping) and story arc

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 September 2018 - 02:53 PM.

#3247 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:24 PM

This chapter literally had nothing connecting it to the previous chapter, and Erina kidnapping only to prove Asahi was bad guy.

#3248 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

Isn't it Idiotic though that NO ONE realized she is missing?

#3249 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:06 AM

And nobody seems to have noticed the headmistress has gone missing, not Souma and co, not even the school personnel including the bodyguards (Assistants?) have noticed. I expect no one will have any idea until we see poor little Hisako being hysterical she can't get in touch with her beloved Erina-Sama, poor girl just doesn't get a break, first gets demotivated after she lost to Hayama, then again when she gets fired as her assistant, then again when she got expelled for losing against the Elite 10, and now if Erina remains missing will be in a worst state ever as she'll blame herself for not being with her at the time.

That is if erina remains missing, because I'm not convinced she will remain like that, as often you see the kidnapped person return and somehow return brainwashed.

iAnby7W.gif

#3250 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:27 AM

Bloody hell, only in Shoukugeki no Souma would they have a character kidnapped, and have a teacher mysteriously disappear and no one seemed to have noticed. It's like the mangaka doesn't seem to think kidnapping someone is a big deal.

iAnby7W.gif

#3251 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

again what makes it stranger is that it is THE HEADMISTRESS of the school that is missing and NO ONE, and I do mean NO ONE has noticed this. :roll: How believable this plot point is is ZERO

#3252 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:51 PM

I imagine everyone is too focus on the exam to notice, or figured she must be working on something else.

The problem is they should have waited to reveal that she was abducted to the audience till after they were done with the exams.

#3253 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:30 PM

I imagine everyone is too focus on the exam to notice, or figured she must be working on something else.

The problem is they should have waited to reveal that she was abducted to the audience till after they were done with the exams.

The issue there is she was seen with her bodyguards and a assistant at the beginning of the trial, not even they seem to have noticed she's gone missing. Do they think we won't find this at all strang? Or are we meant to believe that because Hisako is not there to keep tabs on her, it's not strange nobody noticed her going missing in the middle of the night.

iAnby7W.gif

#3254 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

Yes, exactly. No examinees notice she's gone because they are focusing on passing? Sure, fair enough. But why the heck would none of her body guards notice? Nor and staff members that would ACTUALLY need to meet with er for paper work or reviews of progression for the exams/other such matters of importance? she's the headmistress now, someone needs to talk to her at some point during the day. Are they implying that Hisako is the only one that gives a crap if Erina is gone for a strange amount of time, or notices anything weird? Is the writing saying that the academy's security is SO INCOMPETENT at their job that Hisako must be at Erina's heels 24/7?

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 September 2018 - 03:23 PM.

#3255 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

Oh look someone finally noticed the missing headmistress, unfortunately the absence is easily dismissed, still no excuse how her entourage has not noticed, specially as the chapter recalls their workload is really high, thus her missing even for a couple of hours should be picked up on by someone on the staff.

On a side note, how crazy is gramps to scare chibi Erina with the stories of Noir, at least the mangaka showed her having the correct reaction.

iAnby7W.gif

#3256 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:53 PM

Yes, the Headmistress' "husband to be" no less :lol: But again doesn't mean much if they think it is not even strange that they didn't see her

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 September 2018 - 07:54 PM.

#3257 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:19 PM

The underground world of cooking sounds silly.

Looks like she will be let go. So, it not like the kidnapping mattered.

So they will have this bet at The Blue. 

Taking bets who suspect; she will realize she is in love with Souma before the Blue, or during the competition?

#3258 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:33 PM

I bet after. You know. Typical shonen formula. Or at least near the end so during I suppose.

Better question when will SOMA realize he's in love with Erina? :hehehe: I look forward to that. Well obviously when he realizes he wants to cook for her just to see her smile, but again WHEN will that happen? :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 October 2018 - 12:02 PM.

#3259 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

h so Souma's father is the one to give him the letter to the Blue. Then they have a talk about what Souma wants to do after he graduates, if he still wants to take over the shop, or does he dream of bigger things; its shounen you can guess his answer. Also we may finally learn something about his mother soon. Since the title image had Souma playing with lego of his parents, and Saiba thinks of her at the end after talking to Souma for the chapter.

#3260 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:33 AM

So considering Jouchirou had to go look for his son to give him the letter, it would mean the letter was delivered before Erina was kidnapped, meaning it the old man stayed in touch with his son more frequently he'd have delivered the letter sooner and Asahi's secret would be out and Erina would not get kidnapped, (though I'm starting to think the mangaka's forgotten that tidbit as well.)

Finally got some little mention of Souma's mother, it would be nice if they elaborate on it further, while I do see the argument of her being a Nakiri, my personal thought is that she was a rough round the edges daughter of a small diner, who learnt her trade much like Souma did from her father, using cheap ingredients. Wouldn't even be surprised if she kept on challenging Jouchirou in battle as well.

Edited by harry4e, 05 October 2018 - 11:35 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users