• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

Well there isn't much difference besides more pervy stuff in the manga, but I still think that you should read the manga from the beginning, krisk. XD

And well I always thought that Maka and Crona kinda had a sweet friendship, but I always pictured Crona as a girl. About the whole 'dont know how to act around girls' my little philosophy thingamajig is Crona doesn't know how to act around girls because of it's mom, Medusa. She wasn't a very good mother growing up, especially when you see the flashbacks. That's why Crona acts the way he/she is. But yeah, some think Crona is a boy and others think a girl and then some who dont careand others that think Crona is just an it. XD

KidxLizxPatti OT3~ love.gif *loves her 3 main teams' pairings~*

EDIT: The new SE ending is out in raw and I edited first post with the link. I think it's pretty BA. :3

#22 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Ani @ Jan 12 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well there isn't much difference besides more pervy stuff in the manga, but I still think that you should read the manga from the beginning, krisk. XD

And well I always thought that Maka and Crona kinda had a sweet friendship, but I always pictured Crona as a girl. About the whole 'dont know how to act around girls' my little philosophy thingamajig is Crona doesn't know how to act around girls because of it's mom, Medusa. She wasn't a very good mother growing up, especially when you see the flashbacks. That's why Crona acts the way he/she is. But yeah, some think Crona is a boy and others think a girl and then some who dont careand others that think Crona is just an it. XD

KidxLizxPatti OT3~ love.gif *loves her 3 main teams' pairings~*

EDIT: The new SE ending is out in raw and I edited first post with the link. I think it's pretty BA. :3

GAHHH okay XDD i guess i'll read it when the 58 episodes of Soul Eater are done XD

woo hoo, anichyan :teehee: that's a good point! Whenever Chrona met Maka, Maka was pissed and all commanding and whatnot. That relates heavily with how Medusa treated him-- she lacked the nurturing side that most mother's automatically take on with their children-- so Maka and Medusa and the lack of nurturing was evident. But what I think is different between them was that whatever we saw from Medusa and her interaction with Chrona was that she rarely got angry-- she was patient and strict and didn't lash out, unlike how Maka did. So... even if they're both females, the sides of both Maka and Medusa were different and he wouldn't have been able to tie them together?

The thing I'm just truckin for is that the obvious boy meets girl phase that Chrona goes through; boy is awkward and is a boy not knowing how to talk to girl. XDDD

that and remember that one OP or ED? I can't seem to find it and/or remembering which it was in, but remember when Patti and Liz are in the dressing rooms and are dressing Chrona? They dressed Chrona in what looked like boy clothes. 8D

and now that i think about it maybe it was in one of the episodes, XDD

#23 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 14 2009, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GAHHH okay XDD i guess i'll read it when the 58 episodes of Soul Eater are done XD

woo hoo, anichyan :teehee: that's a good point! Whenever Chrona met Maka, Maka was pissed and all commanding and whatnot. That relates heavily with how Medusa treated him-- she lacked the nurturing side that most mother's automatically take on with their children-- so Maka and Medusa and the lack of nurturing was evident. But what I think is different between them was that whatever we saw from Medusa and her interaction with Chrona was that she rarely got angry-- she was patient and strict and didn't lash out, unlike how Maka did. So... even if they're both females, the sides of both Maka and Medusa were different and he wouldn't have been able to tie them together?

The thing I'm just truckin for is that the obvious boy meets girl phase that Chrona goes through; boy is awkward and is a boy not knowing how to talk to girl. XDDD

that and remember that one OP or ED? I can't seem to find it and/or remembering which it was in, but remember when Patti and Liz are in the dressing rooms and are dressing Chrona? They dressed Chrona in what looked like boy clothes. 8D

and now that i think about it maybe it was in one of the episodes, XDD

It's 51 eps, krisk. XD

And i just like the idea of Crona as a girl. So her and Maka can be girlfriends and such. And that dressing up thing was just a little anime scene. XD

#24 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:20 AM

XDDD little anime scene-- but it was still there :teehee: and it was something that just stuck with me X3

AI CAN'T HALP IT. its the mystery that's making my sherlock senses tingle arg.gif

and yeah i know 51 episodes XDD i researched it and updated one of the posts above-- before i thought 58 because i thought i got that info from a reliable source D: ...that and i was swimming happily in the Nile ):

#25 Bolt

Bolt

H&E's residential vagabond! 8D

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:52 AM

I actually prefer the idea of the author never telling us the answer about Chrona's gender and watch us fans squirm and squabble over it and what not.

Then again I think evily like that.

#26 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:16 AM

Ch. 58 Spoilers --Click here to view--
HOLY kitten MIFUNE IS DEAD

that was a pretty epic fight and he went out like a real warrior. R.I.P. Mifune sad.gif

Also Archane is seriously so hot <33333333 XD

#27 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

Ch. 58 Spoilers --Click here to view--
I'm still sad Mifune actually died. Epic fight, though. I wonder how Angela will react. ;___;

Maka is a total badass. 8D

#28 Bolt

Bolt

H&E's residential vagabond! 8D

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Chapter 59 is out! And since I'm not a man of many words, GO READ IT! rawr.gif

#29 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

Nooo!!
The anime is done with it's last episode!
Such a good series ending this fast saddens me...

#30 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:10 PM

KidxLizxPatti OT3~ l love.gif *loves her 3 main teams' pairings~* oh heck yes.

Death-kun I love him seriously I have O.C.D too and he just is funny. I think I love.gif him seriously.

#31 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ Apr 1 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nooo!!
The anime is done with it's last episode!
Such a good series ending this fast saddens me...

The anime is over, but the manga is still going. The anime veered off into filler, though I still liked it. Though the art in SE is weird in the beginning, it gets a lot better. For instance this arc that's going on right now. Holy crap it's amazing. I highly recommend the manga if you liked the anime.

#32 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

Oh gosh thank you for replying to this topic, I couldn't double post. argh1.png

I actually have all the chapters on my computer and put them in winrars and put them on mediafire for a friend to download so she could read it as well. I'd be happy to put the links to them out for you. smile.gif

#33 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:48 AM

Chapter 80 Is out! and it is awesome. There's so much epicness going on in this chapter. I'm thinking Justin is going to become the new Kishin after reading this chapter. Finally, HOLY CRAP! Freddy Krueger/Mike Meyers/Jason dragon of doom.

JLHza2T.png

#34 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

Just started this manga. On chapter 8... I really love Tsubaki x Black Star. Did anyone else noticed what Tsubaki said when asked if she'd like to stay as Black Star's weapon? She said "I want to go a step further with him." http://www.mangaread.../chapter-8.html then she had somewhat of a blush on her face. Ooweeeee I sense a little something something there ;]

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#35 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

Okay Okay I just started watching this anime and it has a great story and is pretty funny, but theirs one thing that has got me hooked on to this and in the past week has become one of my top anime and that is.....MAKA AND SOUL. Maka and Soul 4ever <3333333333333 I absolutely love them and the connection they have. (BTW I am a guy, acting all fan girlish and such)

The whole scenario is absolutely perfect, they know each other before the anime/manga, they LIVE TOGETHER, it is set in a school environment, and they literally use each other so they depend on each other a lot.

Some might say "oh well its made for action, so their wont be any pairings"
You have to be CRAZY to believe that, almost every episode has a "moment" or two between Maka and Soul. Whether its blushing or being jealous or saying "Ur a cool partner Maka"

By like episode 11 they should have KISSED like twice. And episode 12 OMGGGGGG she put her hand on his chest AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Then Episode 18, Maka asks Soul to dance and even says that Soul is a good dancer (maybe they've danced before) and she even gets him food. <33333

Then later in another episode they actually dance awwwwwwww<3333333 and shes inside Soul's head how sweet

I highly doubt that U make two characters like that, in a situation like that, and add moments like that and not have romance.
I mean come on like.... Everytime Blair does anything with Soul, Maka gets jealous so...
Also It seems like everyone is on the same boat with me even Laura Bailer VA for Maka in this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_lpsCvuMYo...related
says and something along the lines of ...like in soul eater I was like OMG their gonna kiss

Now this part might sound weird, actually it definitely is weird

Maybe i'm so passionate (this is gonna sound weird) cause I think Maka pretty (how should I say this) HOT, like i would be all over her in that school girl outfit, actually it doesnt matter what shes wearing.
I dig the fact that she doesnt have outragoulsy giantic boobs.
I like how she rocks the school girl outfit, like come on who doesnt like that???????
I also like how she changes clothes almost dailey...I've seen the sweatshirt and green skirt, the crazy outfit with the two socks, and Im pretty sure something else I just forgot.
Also Ive heard soul older and seeimly more mature and seen fangirls rave about how hot soul is getting which gets me pumped cause that means Maka is getting older and most likely hotter.

*pant pant* Soooo srry about that, I just got into this anime and am so passionate about Maka and Soul, just about as much as NS so I would appreciate if u read all of that and get back to me.

Edited by bthug, 13 July 2011 - 04:10 PM.

#36 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:24 AM

^I suggest you read the manga.
Soul Eater Chapter 88 --Click here to view--

JLHza2T.png

#37 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Jun 13 2011, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just started this manga. On chapter 8... I really love Tsubaki x Black Star. Did anyone else noticed what Tsubaki said when asked if she'd like to stay as Black Star's weapon? She said "I want to go a step further with him." http://www.mangaread.../chapter-8.html then she had somewhat of a blush on her face. Ooweeeee I sense a little something something there ;]

They're actually my favorite pairing in that show. I was on the fence about their characters during the beginning while reading the manga, but that completely changed after I read chapter 7 & 8. They are just so cute and sweet and I just love their interaction. I also love their characters and Tsubaki became one of my favorite characters. She has been compared to Hinata before and it really makes me mad. She is not like Hinata. But I better stop before I get mad. They get some good moments later on, too. wink.gif

#38 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

Well its kinda obvious who my favourite character is. rolleyes.gif

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#39 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 13 2011, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^I suggest you read the manga.
Soul Eater Chapter 88 --Click here to view--

I really thinking about reading the manga, which quite frankly is something ive never down, but for these two I will.

Now that i got that rant off my shoulder i can tell u y else i like the anime. I like it cause all the character break the generalization i made about them before the show started, like I thought Soul would be the headstrong arrogant, idiotic one , but if anything its Maka (at least during fights) and I thought Kid would not get along with the others at first but then open up to them. And its also funny, the comedic timing is perfect, and lastly I LOVE how the played basketball, I love basketball and to see that it really took it over the top for me.

Its was funny how maka was clueless...."double dribble that sounds cool"

#40 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

Yes, one of my favorite parts about SE is the characters and the comedy in the show. Some scenes were actually dragged out in the anime, such as the Soul and Black*Star bro hug, which was hilarious. There really isn't any character I hate, though there are some I don't care for as much. But I love a lot of the characters. Also, the storyline can get really good at times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users