LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:33 AM

I'd love to see that! I would love to see a spinoff with Aang's family from his children's childhood into adulthood.

Why do they release these family trees now?

Hmm that is kinda interesting, now that you brought it up. My big curiosity has to go to Sokka and Suki I mean surely they got together in the end that should be pretty obvious. My thing is how come we didn't get to see their children?

Oh by Have you read the comics where you find out what happens to Zuko's mom? If so then what did you think of how that mystery unraveled in The Search comic?

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#302 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:41 AM

I haven't read the comics yet but will in the future. The spoiler person I am, I already know what happened to Zuko's mom :sweat:

YES! What in the world happened to Sokka! Did he marry Suki and had a family with her? I'm sure as hell he did!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#303 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:55 AM

I haven't read the comics yet but will in the future. The spoiler person I am, I already know what happened to Zuko's mom :sweat:

YES! What in the world happened to Sokka! Did he marry Suki and had a family with her? I'm sure as hell he did!

There is a website I use to read the comics online first before buying them. I gotta say for what happened to Zuko's mom amongst all the things the creators did I would've never thought that's what the big mystery behind her disappearance. I mean it was a brilliant decision they took as far as story telling goes.  

Could you imagine the creators making a troll moment saying yeah they got married, but then Suki died a couple years later. Man if that happened ughh wrong taste in my mouth that's for sure. I know the creators are smart enough not to come up with a dumb cliche like that. Hopefully we get something coming up for Sokka and Suki. 

You know if there's one major complaint I have about Korra as a whole it's the fact that we never got to see what the Fire Nation was like. We got to see how life was for the Air Nomads in Book 2 and Book 3,  The Water Tribes in Book 2, and The Earth Kingdom in Book 3 and 4. However we never got to see the Fire Nation side of things and I'm just like ughh... I really wanted to see that. 

#304 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

Ok, so Nickelodeon uploaded family trees, with some names we haven't heard of before.

http://meganezaru.tu...s-from-nick-com

Oooh that's cute, I haven't seen that! Yay we finally found out the name of Mako and Bolin's mother. I was afraid that that one would forever remain unanswered. But damn we still know nothing about Su's daddy. I guess people will just continue speculating it was Sokka...

I read the comics when I remember it. They come out so far apart that I forget sometimes. But anyway Bryke said they would continue making ATLA comics until they reach Korra's time so we're bound to get some info. Right? Riiight?!!!

You know if there's one major complaint I have about Korra as a whole it's the fact that we never got to see what the Fire Nation was like. We got to see how life was for the Air Nomads in Book 2 and Book 3,  The Water Tribes in Book 2, and The Earth Kingdom in Book 3 and 4. However we never got to see the Fire Nation side of things and I'm just like ughh... I really wanted to see that. 

Yeeees, this! Well I have other mayor complaints and this particular one was left forgotten, but I agree. I was looking forward to a Book 4 in the Fire Nation since I found out Book 3 would take place in the Earth Kingdom. It seemed logical we would get that. So sad, and I liked the Fire Nation the most and was anxious to find out more. 

#305 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

There is a website I use to read the comics online first before buying them. I gotta say for what happened to Zuko's mom amongst all the things the creators did I would've never thought that's what the big mystery behind her disappearance. I mean it was a brilliant decision they took as far as story telling goes.  

Could you imagine the creators making a troll moment saying yeah they got married, but then Suki died a couple years later. Man if that happened ughh wrong taste in my mouth that's for sure. I know the creators are smart enough not to come up with a dumb cliche like that. Hopefully we get something coming up for Sokka and Suki. 

I’ve known for a long time that the comics were available online, but that was years after ATLA ended. I have already forgotten ATLA by then and didn’t feel the need to read them tbh. When Korra, however, started, I started to become incredibly nostalgic again. I’ll pick up the comics when I have enough time.

Nono, don’t you dare kill of Suki. I was heavily disappointed that the creators decided to not show us a little bit of Sokka’s and Suki’s past. In fact, the whole absence of Katara, Toph, and Zuko during the last episode made me mad. I know the series is about Korra, but I missed seeing the old Avatar team congratulating Korra.

I was surprised that the Fire Nation was sidelined so much in TLOK. I wanted to see more of Zuko’s daughter and the people of the Fire Nation. How do the people feel about what happened in the past? Have the people put aside their racist views towards other nations?

Oooh that's cute, I haven't seen that! Yay we finally found out the name of Mako and Bolin's mother. I was afraid that that one would forever remain unanswered. But damn we still know nothing about Su's daddy. I guess people will just continue speculating it was Sokka...

I read the comics when I remember it. They come out so far apart that I forget sometimes. But anyway Bryke said they would continue making ATLA comics until they reach Korra's time so we're bound to get some info. Right? Riiight?!!!

Yeeees, this! Well I have other mayor complaints and this particular one was left forgotten, but I agree. I was looking forward to a Book 4 in the Fire Nation since I found out Book 3 would take place in the Earth Kingdom. It seemed logical we would get that. So sad, and I liked the Fire Nation the most and was anxious to find out more. 

Haven’t seen you around in a while ^^

Mako’s and Bolin’s mom looked beautiful. I would have loved to see some flashbacks of the boy’s good old days with their parents T_T Ugh, I think it’s BS to assume that Suyin is Sokka’s illegitimate daughter of Sokka and Toph. Didn’t also like how fast this whole revelation scene of Lin’s father was.

The comics will continue on for that much longer? I should really start reading them.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#306 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

They're gonna make comics until they get to Korra's timeline?? That's quite a shock to me, good thing I started reading them at the right time.  What did you think of The Rift (The one that's centered around Toph)?

You know another thing I was hoping for was a scene between Zuko and his grandson Iroh during the series, and my thought when Book 3 came out was okay if Zuko's in this book then something serious is about to go down, and unfortunately things didn't end up that way. So yeah interesting questions too regarding the fire nation what were things like for them after the 100 year war? Guess we'll have to find out once they hit the Korra timeline for the comics. Unless they make that the focus for an animated film because I remember that's is something Bryke talked about during Book 4's release.

I’ve known for a long time that the comics were available online, but that was years after ATLA ended. I have already forgotten ATLA by then and didn’t feel the need to read them tbh. When Korra, however, started, I started to become incredibly nostalgic again. I’ll pick up the comics when I have enough time.

Nono, don’t you dare kill of Suki. I was heavily disappointed that the creators decided to not show us a little bit of Sokka’s and Suki’s past. In fact, the whole absence of Katara, Toph, and Zuko during the last episode made me mad. I know the series is about Korra, but I missed seeing the old Avatar team congratulating Korra.

I was surprised that the Fire Nation was sidelined so much in TLOK. I wanted to see more of Zuko’s daughter and the people of the Fire Nation. How do the people feel about what happened in the past? Have the people put aside their racist views towards other nations?

Mako’s and Bolin’s mom looked beautiful. I would have loved to see some flashbacks of the boy’s good old days with their parents T_T Ugh, I think it’s BS to assume that Suyin is Sokka’s illegitimate daughter of Sokka and Toph. Didn’t also like how fast this whole revelation scene of Lin’s father was.

The comics will continue on for that much longer? I should really start reading them.

I can understand that... I had to rewatch the whole series just to prep myself up when Legend of Korra was first announced. I mean I remember when it was suppose to me a 12 episode mini-series, and then like mid season 1 nick was like okay 14 more episodes and then here Book 3 and Book 4.  From what I heard Bryke had a hard time during the production of Korra because of the amount of stuff that was happening behind set. Like could you imagine if nick was like okay because Avatar did so well then we'll give you guys three seasons because I'm not gonna lie Korra didn't feel as consistent as the original series did. 

lol well being the expert that I am on comics I'll tell you that each of the three parts for The Promise, The Search, and The Rift are like 70+ pages per Parts. Unless you already knew about that then then I feel like an idiot  :sweat:

#307 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

Oh yeah sadly I'm super busy lately. I barely have time to look through the threads, let alone answer.

I do kinda wish we found out more about Mako and Bolin in general. All we got was that really short series of them living on the streets and sadly that's all we know about their life before the show started. I wish we at least found out what happened to their parents I mean some details, 'just some firebender dude' is practically nothing. I've read a fic a long time ago where Mako confronted the guy who killed them one he became a cop and that was really interesting so I hoped something like that would happen in canon, but I understand that they had limited time.

They're gonna make comics until they get to Korra's timeline?? That's quite a shock to me, good thing I started reading them at the right time.  What did you think of The Rift (The one that's centered around Toph)?

You know another thing I was hoping for was a scene between Zuko and his grandson Iroh during the series, and my thought when Book 3 came out was okay if Zuko's in this book then something serious is about to go down, and unfortunately things didn't end up that way. So yeah interesting questions too regarding the fire nation what were things like for them after the 100 year war? Guess we'll have to find out once they hit the Korra timeline for the comics. Unless they make that the focus for an animated film because I remember that's is something Bryke talked about during Book 4's release.

That's what they said. Okay, I didn't hear it exactly from their mouths, but I read it in an article so I guess it could be true.

Oh the RIft? I think it's pretty cool so far. Did part 3 come put yet? *checks* Oops, it did, I missed it! I have to remember to read it soon.

I agree. And I'm also interested how the other nations interact with the Fire Nation. Everything seems fine in Korra's time, but I doubt things were really hunky-dory right after the war and after they lost their colonies. 

#308 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

http://bryankonietzk...y-piece-for-the

Original pieces that fully embrace Korrasami made by Bryan Konietzko to be presented at an Avatar exhibition this weekend.

Posted Image

#309 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

Original pieces that fully embrace Korrasami made by Bryan Konietzko to be presented at an Avatar exhibition this weekend.

:w00t:

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#310 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:27 PM

I've been listening to this on repeat. 

One of my favorite show scores.  Especially the movements from 6:06 - 8:29. Super feels! During those movements I just have this image of Korra standing tall, bruised but powerful as the wind blows her short hair furiously, she does not look away but looks up and stares down the challenge. It is odd that I picture her with her short hair since she had that for the least amount of time. But man, what an awesome score! I daresay it's superior to TLAB, which was also awesome. 

edit: Does anyone know where I can find a full screen image of that last picture in the video? The one that looks like Hokusai's "The Great Wave off Kanazawa" painting? 

Edited by chouzu_tao, 06 March 2015 - 09:29 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#311 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

Drawn by Michael Dante DiMartino. So beautiful!

http://michaeldanted...ino.tumblr.com/

tumblr_nkpnavx7T61rptk5lo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkpnavx7T61rptk5lo2_540.jpg

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#312 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

That was posted here last week, and it's actually by bryan konietzko but beautiful artwork anyways o/

JLHza2T.png

#313 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:06 PM

So I know I'm like 10 years late, but I finally finished Avatar. I have to say, it's one of the more enjoyable shows I've watched from start to finish, and I totally loved Kataang as a ship. I've posted this a few times, and maybe it's hindsight, but I just didn't see Zutara. Maybe as a visually appealing ship, but it didn't have a quarter of the development and shipping moments that Kataang did.

Anyway, I loved it, but now I need to decide if I should watch LoK or not. I've had mixed reviews, so if anyone has something to say to sway me one way or another, that'd be super!

#314 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

So I know I'm like 10 years late, but I finally finished Avatar. I have to say, it's one of the more enjoyable shows I've watched from start to finish, and I totally loved Kataang as a ship. I've posted this a few times, and maybe it's hindsight, but I just didn't see Zutara. Maybe as a visually appealing ship, but it didn't have a quarter of the development and shipping moments that Kataang did.

Anyway, I loved it, but now I need to decide if I should watch LoK or not. I've had mixed reviews, so if anyone has something to say to sway me one way or another, that'd be super!

Legend of Korra is no Avatar  i can tell you that, but I did find it enjoyable.  It's got it's problems regarding the story and characters (more so in season 2 than in any other season), but overall my best answer would be give season 1 a try and make your judgement from there. After rewatching the series after it ended I kinda have to say that I kinda enjoy season 1 alot more than the other seasons. That doesn't mean I hate Korra afterwards, but if you can get past Season 2 then you'll be able to see just how dark season 3 gets and how it plays into season 4.    

Edited by LuckyChi7, 30 March 2015 - 06:12 PM.

#315 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

IWhile I personally enjoy ATLA more, TLOK is still a great series. Personally, it gets progressively darker and complex; however, season 2 is only mediocre at its best.

The love triangle is absolutely horrible in TLOK, and everyone will tell you that. I welcome that that the producers made Korrasami becoming cannon, but to me it was not hinted enough which is why everyone was surprised that it ended with these two.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#316 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the responses :)

I just want to add that I love how many awesome female characters there are in ATLA and that they all kick a lot of ass. After seeing the women crapped on in Naruto, it was great to see them all so strong and assertive and central to the narrative in ATLA.

#317 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for the responses :)

I just want to add that I love how many awesome female characters there are in ATLA and that they all kick a lot of ass. After seeing the women crapped on in Naruto, it was great to see them all so strong and assertive and central to the narrative in ATLA.

Definitely. One of my favorite thing about the series was that one of the main villains was Azula, younger but already more evil than her brother Zuko.

Btw, there are also some comics about the events after the TV show. If you wanna check them out, you can for instance find out what happened to Zuko's mom.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#318 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:01 AM

IWhile I personally enjoy ATLA more, TLOK is still a great series. Personally, it gets progressively darker and complex; however, season 2 is only mediocre at its best.

The love triangle is absolutely horrible in TLOK, and everyone will tell you that. I welcome that that the producers made Korrasami becoming cannon, but to me it was not hinted enough which is why everyone was surprised that it ended with these two.

yeah im still kinda surprised they did that even one of my friends who i haven't seen in forever was shocked but its whatever besides my favorite scene is this one https://youtu.be/ynha6lVALmM

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#319 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:49 PM

The Legend of Korra will continue as comics written by Michael DiMartino, published by Dark Horse! I’ve been working on the story with Mike, and I’ll be consulting on the art (once we secure an artist/artists). I made the images above for our announcement at the Dark Horse panel, which just finished up. Exciting stuff!

tumblr_nra4rf0Vk71t0cmeyo1_1280.gif

http://ladygt.tumblr...d-of-korra-will

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#320 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

KORRASAMI COMICS

faZnDlI.gif

ナルサク

0 user(s) are reading this topic