85 replies to this topic

#61 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

Same can be said to SS :/ also I can't see Sasuke dating Ino since they never shared a moment together in all the manga, Sakura and Ino love for Sasuke was just fanboyism and infatuation initially, at least with Karin, she fell in love with him because he saved her.

Yes both can be said about SS, I can say Sakura also fell in love with him after knowing him better in part 1 or after the thank you scene when he was leaving but again there is no any reason to a girl keeps loving a man who tried to kill her

Karin's obssession is not any better than Sakura and Ino's, it's even worse, like the sorry scene is basically : the dude literally puts a hole on her chest wihile having a smile in his face and leaves her to die and then later says a cold "sorry" with no signal of trully regreting what he did and what Karin does ? she just jumps into his arms like nothing happened at least Sakura didn't accept easily Sasuke's sorry

They shared a few scenes in part 1 and in part 2 Ino kept loving Sasuke, it would still make more sense than Sasuke being married to someone he tried to kill

Edited by yimiiyumi, 14 August 2017 - 01:15 AM.

#62 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:10 AM

@Bail o' Lies

The calm and assertive bail suddenly laugh his ass off, now the way you laugh ... :lmao: Umbridge finally able to tickles you  :hehehe:

Anyone debating against Umbridge will definitely starting to lose themselves :argh: :lmao:

It just her argument and that line were so poorly thought out that its hilarious.

If you don't know she was trying to (forgetting the exact term) redirect or change the crux of the argument or the discussion from Sakura defending SS (the romantic relationship of Sasuke and Sakura) to Sakura defending the romantic relationship of Sasuke and Sakura (SS). This was so she could try to control the argument or to show how wrong I was for not understanding what the true argument was all along. But. It falls flat because all she did was change from an abbreviation into what the abbreviation means.

They still watch it anticipating the arrival of the original cast if they continue to do so, duh. Personally, I gave up on Boruto after the 3rd episode. It felt like a chore watching it. 

NaruSasu doesn't exsist??????? I don't even ship them that much, but you cannot deny the ardor fans have around this pairing. Have you seen other sites with an avid support for Naruto and it's pairings, such as Tumblr, pixiv, FanFiction??? Cause they're massive fandom would tell you otherwise. Multitudes of art and media are centered around these two; they are the main stars. Yaoi is an absolute fan magnet as well. (e.g. Free!, Yuri on Ice!!) NaruSasu would be no different. 

It doesn't have to be canon for people to like it, like NaruSaku, SasuHina, KakaIru. People can ship whatever they want and spin whatever moments into something they like. It's not gonna kill anyone.

Who tf said I was criticizing? I was stating the obvious. I did not call out any faults and I did not "attack" him. I don't care how Kishimoto makes his money. He could be selling bootleg Gucci bags on 5th avenue; it's his life, his job, and his money, just as how I have my own life, job and money.

It's all about money at the end of the day, is what I'm saying. As a matter of fact, I'd say he's blessed to have that kind of job and fortune, to be making money in general. So good for him, but is he getting mine though? lol no, don't even think he needs it anyways.

Boruto is a chore to watch, and is even more so when you have to write a summary about the episode.

Didn't after The Boruto movie they make an audio track with Naruto and Sasuke Japanese voice actor voice acting a SNS fanfiction?

KakaIru is actually the biggest pairing fandom out there from what I understand.

So who paid for Sakura's house and who is paying for Sarada's living expenses? Is Sasuke canonically a dead beat dad? :lmao:

In the manga we don't see Sakura have a job, but in the anime she works at the hospital. Either way it clearly didn't pay enough for her house since she is still still paying off the loan after 12 years. As for "Sasuke sending money to the family" I put that problem as the same as "do nH"s kids have the byakugan." No at first because kishimoto didn't put much thought into it, but once someone ask yes and there will be a scene showing it because it makes the characters look too kitten if they don't.

For God's sake: he pulled his sword towards his daughter when he met her for the first time in years. Cause nothing screams "I love you, I missed you & I'm so sorry" quite like that.

Again: one moment of kindness does not erase how he's thought about her for half his life, sis... He still left after he saved them too, like wow.

Then where was Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, and the rest of his Konoha friends to help ease that pain? Why is he alone still? Why? Must he work it out himself still?

Then he hasn't changed; he still hasn't accepted the love and help offered by them. He should not even have family in the first place if he's still got some leftover angst from 12+ years ago!!!

Lmao what??? How in the world is SS interesting? What could possibly be so interesting about a man not returning to his wife and kid, leaving them in debt? Because it's interesting at how goddamn sad it is, that's what!!!

Idk about you but I like couples that you know, talk!!! To one another!!! As much as possible!!!!! And hang out!!!!! Go on dates!!!! Shown in love!!!! Taking care of one another!!!! Not killing each other!!! And leaving one another for a long period of time!!!!!!!!

Girl, it's like nailing Jell-o to a wall with you!!!! Omg!!!

He more interested in Naruto's brat then his own daughter when she talking to him.

Kishimoto says the reason he never write about SS is that its too clique and boring when asked.

At least you can freeze jell-o or keep it in its container.

I hate the fact people are always blaming only Sasuke but nobody talks about Sakura's blame

After 699 Sasuke made it obvious he didn't want to live in the village however Sakura continued dreaming about getting married to him even tho she knew Sasuke would not be in the village even after married, Sakura probably knew sasuke was not very read to be a father and husband but this didn't stop her of trying to force her feelings on him

"Sasuke should not start a family"

We don't even know how it happened, maybe after coming back to the village for a few weeks Sasuke just felt very guilty for leaving Sakura waiting for him and seeing how she was depressed because of him Sasuke just slept with Sakura before leaving again as a way to say sorry ? maybe Sasuke didn't even wanted sakura to get pregnant neither marry her

I don't even doubt Sakura purposely choose a right day and took a lot of medicines to make sure she would get pregnant at their first night and then have "something" to hold Sasuke forever and then after she got pregnant Sasuke had no other choice but marry Sakura

They are both awful yes but at least Sakura is raising their daughter. Even if none of us like SS the fact that he never visited his daughter and wife is very kitten. If they never got married, and if Sakura got pregnant out of wedlock? Then there would be less obligation on Saske's part because it was Sakura who decided to keep the baby in hopes she and Sasuke could one day be together if she raise the baby well enough.

Then again it could be that Sasuke found out he got Sakura pregnant and allowed her to take his clan's name, and she thought that means they were married.

I'm still trying to wrap around my head on why Sakura was going out to the dangerous village pregnant.

Salad couldn't be born in the village because then they would've had a birth certificate ending the gaiden's plot very quickly and also since Salad was potentially going to be Karin's daughter until a large number of SS fans threaten to leave the series permanently if that happened.

#63 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:57 AM

I hate the fact people are always blaming only Sasuke but nobody talks about Sakura's blame

After 699 Sasuke made it obvious he didn't want to live in the village however Sakura continued dreaming about getting married to him even tho she knew Sasuke would not be in the village even after married, Sakura probably knew sasuke was not very read to be a father and husband but this didn't stop her of trying to force her feelings on him

"Sasuke should not start a family"

We don't even know how it happened, maybe after coming back to the village for a few weeks Sasuke just felt very guilty for leaving Sakura waiting for him and seeing how she was depressed because of him Sasuke just slept with Sakura before leaving again as a way to say sorry ? maybe Sasuke didn't even wanted sakura to get pregnant neither marry her

I don't even doubt Sakura purposely choose a right day and took a lot of medicines to make sure she would get pregnant at their first night and then have "something" to hold Sasuke forever and then after she got pregnant Sasuke had no other choice but marry Sakura

Except that puts Sakura in a really terrible, terrible light...more terrible than her part 1 fangirl self. I...can't see her as worse than that. 

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#64 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

Except that puts Sakura in a really terrible, terrible light...more terrible than her part 1 fangirl self. I...can't see her as worse than that. 

From her novel:

• Sakura says she will keep telling her feelings until Sasuke finally says yes
  • Sakura says next time Sasuke comes back she will go with him even against his will
  • Sakura is desperate

Would you put your hands in the fire for her ?

#65 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

From her novel:

• Sakura says next time Sasuke comes back she will go with him even against his will
  • Sakura is desperate

Fair enough, but Sasuke is the one that knocked up a very desperate needy woman that was obsessed with him. "You don't put your kitten in crazy. (and you certainly don't marry them.)" But just because Sakura's character collapsed doesn't mean he has to be a bad father to Salad.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 August 2017 - 08:56 AM.

#66 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

Fair enough, but Sasuke is the one that knocked up a very desperate needy woman that was obsessed with him. "You don't put your kitten in crazy. (and you certainly don't marry them.)" But just because Sakura's character collapsed doesn't mean he has to be a bad father to Salad.

I think Sasuke only did this as a way to say sorry but Sakura took it as a love signal from him, she ended up pregnant and then Sasuke had no other choice but marry her ?

Yeah of course, I'm not trying to say Sasuke is totally innocent but he's not only one who people should be blaming

#67 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

I think Sasuke only did this as a way to say sorry but Sakura took it as a love signal from him, she ended up pregnant and then Sasuke had no other choice but marry her ?

Yeah of course, I'm not trying to say Sasuke is totally innocent but he's not only one who people should be blaming

You may this more then I do is their something in Japan that if a guy knocks up a girl the girl can take his family name? I've heard of it but I'm not sure if it true or not?

#68 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:26 PM

SS is out of character for Sasuke. Always has. Always will be. Sasuke is gone for 10 years because the writers have no idea what to do with him, much less how to  write a compelling relationship between him and Sakura (which can't be done if we're being faithful to the original). It also makes Sakura look pathetic (as we can see from the conversation in this thread). Really, SS's hidden potential is for Sakura to  grow up, get over Sasuke, divorce his ass and make something of her life. Who knows? Maybe that's Boruto's end game. Would explain alot. :lmao:

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#69 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

Your understanding of Sasuke is incorrect. Always has. Always will be, if you view Sasuke as out of character because of a pairing. 

The rest is bashing and opinon, no comments. 

Your understanding of my understanding of Sasuke is incorrect. Always has. Always will be, if you think there's anything wrong with viewing Sasuke out of character due to manifesting romantic interest in a character he's never been interested in.

The rest is observation and opinion, which caters to the very purpose of a DISCUSSION forum. If you're not interested in having a discussion on a DISCUSSION forum, you are not obligated to respond.  :no:

0/100, F. Don't see me after class. Head straight to detention.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 14 August 2017 - 06:47 PM.

Posted Image

#70 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

All right, last line was funny. 

In seriousness, it's not OOC for Sasuke to get with Sakura,and I may thoroughly lay it out why its not. One questions at what one is remarking is OOC exactly, what scene in the manga? 700, 699, Gaiden? Elaborations help so I know what to address.  

The head poke in 699 and everything afterwards is out of character. The real Sasuke has no romantic interest in Sakura, which can be seen as late as chapter 697 when he calls Naruto his only friend. Everything he says about Sakura having "no reason" to love him is spot on and nothing Naruto says to Sasuke refutes anything Sasuke says in his description of Sakura's fairy tale feelings. In fact, Naruto doesn't even address or allude to it at any point during their fight. The real Sasuke is willing to appreciate and remain thankful for Sakura's efforts, but there's absolutely nothing in all 698 preceding chapters that allows it to jump to romance. Nothing. Nada. Ziltch. And any reasons you 'thoroughly lay out' will inevitably be the result of fanon or baseless conjecture.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 14 August 2017 - 07:17 PM.

Posted Image

#71 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

Of course it will be viewed as fanon or baseless conjecture, and the manga depicting Sasuke OOC, and the ending a change of heart from the original plan, because accepting it is as these things means... you are wrong, so easy to point the fingers at every entity, right? 

I'm not usually one to to care about grammar on a message board . . . but I really have no idea what you're saying in this quote. :confused:

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I've got it. Allow me to one-up your smarminess with smarminess of my own.

Of course your explanation is not fanon or baseless conjecture; the manga depicting Sasuke with three or four different end goals in a short period of time was in no way indicative of an author who did not have firm plans with the character. And posh on any notion that a writer or a production company ever changes their minds on things. In fact, no story has ever done that in all of human history. No no, I am clearly wrong and it is quite clear that despite statements to the contrary, the Naruto series was planned from beginning to end without incident or hiccup and that anyone who believes otherwise is a conspiracy theorist. And by maintaining these positions, I am in no way a fanboy and a denialist who will say anything to defend something I happen to really really really like.  :wink:

Really, 693 is Sasuke not accepting Sakura's love. He's all about breaking bonds, not forming them. Once Naruto defeats Sasuke, not physically, but in ideals, Sasuke's views change. It's like -that- detail is forgotten about, because that change allows 699 to work. 

This is a subtle effort to avoid and run around the fact that Sasuke tells us in plain and simple terms that Sakura is deluding herself, that he has no interest in her and that she has no reason to love her. These positions go beyond wanting to break bonds, which is why he doesn't simply say the same thing to Naruto before they fight. He acknowledges that there's something there with Naruto, which is why he is all the more determined to destroy him.

That "detail" you just mentioned, by the way, is a heavily vague and unspecific statement on your part. His views changed you say? Really? So if Sasuke were to have instead gotten down on one knee and proposed to Chouji in chapter 699, it would be acceptable, right? After all, Sasuke's views did change, thus apparently allowing him to do anything, right? C'mon.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 14 August 2017 - 07:50 PM.

Posted Image

#72 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

And thank you for an example of how you completely twist someone's words.

Yes, Sasuke does not understand why Sakura does this. He doesn't even understand why Naruto keeps chasing him. He doesn't understand, it takes the fight for him to understand. 

Yes, his views did change. Did you not read 699? No, Chouji would be come out of nowhere, but his reaction to Sakura makes sense. It has a foundation, execution wobbly or not, but the information is there. That you refuse to see the details present is your error. 

And again, you subtly attempt to get around dealing with what was actually said. Oh yes, Sasuke does not understand why Sakura does things. But you know what? Neither does flippin-Kakashi! Instead, he tries to play it off as if it's a good thing ("love doesn't need a reason!"). 

Proposing to Chouji would be out of nowhere? I agree, which is why is exactly my point here. To further illustrate my point, let us instead say Sasuke comes out and confesses to Naruto instead. That actually has some foundation to stand on when you consider Naruto's obsessive behavior throughout all of part 2 and how Sasuke reciprocated it in 698. Because Sasuke's views have changed, that would not be out of character, right?

Posted Image

#73 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

Your understanding of Sasuke is incorrect. Always has. Always will be, if you view Sasuke as out of character because of a pairing. 

The rest is bashing and opinon, no comments. 

You're beginning to remind me of a certain president.

Bonus

You've fancied up the word wrong in 700 different ways and in every new topic you act like you have something new to say - idk where you get your juice from but I can only hope you have time to eat and get enough sleep. :sweat:

Edited by sushi., 14 August 2017 - 08:21 PM.

ナルサク

#74 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

Not to mention that the head poke, up until the last chapter, has always represented distance. That Sasuke was close to Itachi physically but emotionally distant, hence why he even states during the flashback that he always felt so far away from his brother. And now that Itachi's physically gone, that distance is now tenfold. I never viewed it as a positive thing. Yet it suddenly becomes a romantic gesture because it's done to Sakura? What? That part at least to me felt out of place. 

Kind of like how Burrito pulls pranks in order to parallel Naruto's childhood antics to his. However...Naruto pulled those pranks because he felt hated and alone and it was the only way he felt like he could get people's attention. So it's not a well-done parallel IMO. It doesn't fully take into account the feelings behind the action. 

Edited by Qia, 14 August 2017 - 08:39 PM.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#75 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

From her novel:

• Sakura is desperate

You have to remember man, that the one who did them was a Hinata fan/Sakura hater they don't give a kitten about Sakura all his main aim is to make Sakura look bad so that Kishi can give him the go ahead to kill her, and maybe have Hinata do it.

Edited by The Doctor forever, 14 August 2017 - 09:00 PM.

#76 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

Not to mention that the head poke, up until the last chapter, has always represented distance. That Sasuke was close to Itachi physically but emotionally distant, hence why he even states during the flashback that he always felt so far away from his brother. And now that Itachi's physically gone, that distance is now tenfold. I never viewed it as a positive thing. Yet it suddenly becomes a romantic gesture because it's done to Sakura? What? That part at least to me felt out of place. 

Kind of like how Burrito pulls pranks in order to parallel Naruto's childhood antics to his. However...Naruto pulled those pranks because he felt hated and alone and it was the only way he felt like he could get people's attention. So it's not a well-done parallel IMO. It doesn't fully take into account the feelings behind the action. 

Yes. When Itachi died, he didn't poke Sasuke's forehead, he pushed their foreheads together. Sakura thinks the forehead poke is Sasuke's flirting language I almost pity her.

Burroto's parallel should've made one stark difference, that when he's painting the walls it's because he's 12 and mischevious, not because he's lonely and 1/2 fatherless. Because the parallels were always made in order to send the message that the new generation will be better and live better than the last. Naruto's generation fought a war to ensure a bright future but it's not like that now.

Edited by sushi., 14 August 2017 - 08:47 PM.

ナルサク

#77 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

You have to remember man, that the one who did them was a Hinata fan/Sakura hater they don't give a kitten about Sakura all his main aim id to make Sakura look back so that Kishi can give him the go ahead to kill her, and maybe have Hinata do it.

I don't think so, if you ignore the whole "sasuke-kun will accept my love ?" drama the novel is pretty good to sakura, it even says sakura is the strongest kunoichi and one of the strongest shinobis in the world

#78 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

I don't think so, if you ignore the whole "sasuke-kun will accept my love ?" drama the novel is pretty good to sakura, it even says sakura is the strongest kunoichi and one of the strongest shinobis in the world

Maybe so but who knows Maybe and I might be over thinking this Kishi told them to make Sakura look good, this was while he still in his own kittened up way cares for her.

I still think Kishi is the worst writer ever man, and he kittened both Naruto and Sakura over big time, all to make Hinata happy.

#79 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

Maybe so but who knows Maybe and I might be over thinking this Kishi told them to make Sakura look good, this was while he still in his own kittened up way cares for her.

I still think Kishi is the worst writer ever man, and he kittened both Naruto and Sakura over big time, all to make Hinata happy.

But Hinata isn't happy. She looks pretty down in the Boruto movie and otherwise we don't know but logically she'd be hella depressed because of her family situation. Point is I really disagree when people say Naruto and Sasuke are trophies or got sacrificied to make the girls happy because..have you looked at their lives..

ナルサク

#80 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:27 PM

But Hinata isn't happy. She looks pretty down in the Boruto movie and otherwise we don't know but logically she'd be hella depressed because of her family situation. Point is I really disagree when people say Naruto and Sasuke are trophies or got sacrificied to make the girls happy because..have you looked at their lives..

Oh I have they suck well Naruto at least looks like he is in his late 60's from the way he looks, Sasuke he the hell knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users