Close
Photo

Whats your OTP now that NS was given the pipe?

• Please log in to reply
1511 replies to this topic

#1161 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:06 AM

tumblr_oujw9ysp0g1vi7m2lo1_r2_540.gif

tumblr_oujw9ysp0g1vi7m2lo4_r1_540.gif

Raleigh x Mako  - Pacific Rim

I remember watching Pacific Rim thinking they've got a great chemistry, and you know what rewatching it again after so long they still do! and I love how subtly you can see their relationship develop throughout the movie. 

Side note - We don't talk about Pacific Rim 2  that movie doesn't exist lol

PR2 was awful. 

#1162 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:27 AM

PR2 was awful. 

That's why it doesn't exist in my eyes!

I mean the way they handled the characters was just disrespectful, and the story while in concept interesting,  but the execution of it was PURE TRASH. Especially with the way Mako was treated ugh........ 

To me Pacific Rim is the only thing that exists, and when that film ends with Rayleigh and Mako embracing each other that's it.. You can imply they have a future together in a headcanon, and that's completely fine. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1163 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:03 AM

For those still following Food Wars, Soma and Erina became canon.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1164 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:15 PM

Well it was not officially confirmed but yeah piratically, they are end game. lol I hope that the extra Jump Giga chapters show them married!   :D

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 June 2019 - 10:02 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1165 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:11 AM

Retsuko x Haida (Aggretsuko) Update:  Well, it looks like Retsuko did reject Haida's proposal last season, but it's made clear that it's only because she just got out of a bad relationship and wasn't ready to start dating, not because she isn't interested. OTOH,  the second season is laying some groundwork for them to become more than friends in the future, but it's going to be a slow burn.  Well, I'm a patient man. :hehehe:

Edited by Kagomaru, 20 June 2019 - 09:44 AM.

#1166 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:33 PM

Looks like anothe "False lead boyfriend" is coming though :hehehe:

Yusaku X Aoi Shippers I've hoped you enjoyed episode 105 lol

And ALL HAIL  SORINA!!!!!!! :yes:  :w00t:

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 June 2019 - 06:33 PM.

#1167 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:32 AM

Looks like anothe "False lead boyfriend" is coming though :hehehe:

Yusaku X Aoi Shippers I've hoped you enjoyed episode 105 lol

And ALL HAIL  SORINA!!!!!!! :yes:  :w00t:

Yugioh always annoyed me with its romance because they constantly hint at it, but never go anywhere with it in the end. I get that's not the focus, but if nothing comes of it than it adds absolutely nothing to the story.

Yugioh - Anzu loved both Yugi and Yami Yugi (Atem) and it didn't go anywhere. Some would argue it was just Atem, but Atem was influenced by Yugi's personality imo so I think she liked both. It was more implied in the manga.

Yugioh GX - Judai and Asuka were heavily implied, but Asuke randomly decides not to confess at the end.

Yugioh 5Ds - Yusei and Aki was implied, but didn't go anywhere.

Yugioh Zexal - Yuma and Kotori were blatant and Kotori even confessed at the end, but Yuma was a dense idiot.

Yugioh Arc V - Yuya and Yuzu were blatant, but nothing came of it at the end. Frankly, Arc V's last few episodes were pretty terrible.

Haven't seen Vrains.

#1168 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:00 AM

Yugioh always annoyed me with its romance because they constantly hint at it, but never go anywhere with it in the end. I get that's not the focus, but if nothing comes of it than it adds absolutely nothing to the story.

Yugioh - Anzu loved both Yugi and Yami Yugi (Atem) and it didn't go anywhere. Some would argue it was just Atem, but Atem was influenced by Yugi's personality imo so I think she liked both. It was more implied in the manga.

Yugioh GX - Judai and Asuka were heavily implied, but Asuke randomly decides not to confess at the end.

Yugioh Zexal - Yuma and Kotori were blatant and Kotori even confessed at the end, but Yuma was a dense idiot.

Yugioh Arc V - Yuya and Yuzu were blatant, but nothing came of it at the end. Frankly, Arc V's last few episodes were pretty terrible.

Haven't seen Vrains.

VRAINS is so BORING and Yusaku is a terrible MC.

You know how, after the Earthbound God Arc of 5D's, Yusei suddenly becomes "Jesus" and the Duels became almost nothing but Spam Summoning into bigger Synchro Monsters while those smaller monsters are just fodder with convenient effects to keep Yusei from losing (when they otherwise have NO other use in his Deck)? VRAINS is pretty much that, but ALL. THE. FREAKING. TIME. with Yusaku.

2e5.gif

#1169 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 03:19 AM

You know how, after the Earthbound God Arc of 5D's, Yusei suddenly becomes "Jesus" and the Duels became almost nothing but Spam Summoning into bigger Synchro Monsters while those smaller monsters are just fodder with convenient effects to keep Yusei from losing (when they otherwise have NO other use in his Deck)? VRAINS is pretty much that, but ALL. THE. FREAKING. TIME. with Yusaku.

Yeah, I didn't care for the premise. The whole VR plus card game thing. Like, I loved Zexal/Arc V because it integrated the holo tech more into the world.

#1170 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:05 PM

Haven't seen Vrains.

Fair enough, but This ist the thread to voice your problems with Yugioh, just as a reminder. I will relent though that Yusaku is the most bland and boring MC by far and his CD makes no sense. Not to mention that 95% of his wins are cop out plot armor by making new cards out of thin air which isnt even by his own power, but again,besides the point. This is about OTPs.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 June 2019 - 07:11 PM.

#1171 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:24 PM

Fair enough, but This ist the thread to voice your problems with Yugioh, just as a reminder. I will relent though that Yusaku is the most bland and boring MC by far and his CD makes no sense. Not to mention that 95% of his wins are cop out plot armor by making new cards out of thin air which isnt even by his own power, but again,besides the point. This is about OTPs.

Zexal was bad about that too, but at least sorta made sense more considering the magical element of the Numbers cards.

#1172 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:35 PM

Oh I know that. But at least it was not used to the extent of Vrains. Well never mind. Lets just stay on topic.

I also like Velvet and Rokuro from Tales of Berseria even though there was nothing really going on apparently. There are (small) hints here and there though.  :smile:

#1173 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:37 AM

Oh I know that. But at least it was not used to the extent of Vrains. Well never mind. Lets just stay on topic.

I also like Velvet and Rokuro from Tales of Berseria even though there was nothing really going on apparently. There are (small) hints here and there though.  :smile:

Yeah, the Tales of games either do romance well or hint at it and then do nothing with it.

#1174 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:40 AM

Yeah, the Tales of games either do romance well or hint at it and then do nothing with it.

Lloyd and Sheena in Tales of Symphonia.

They gave off the biggest hints and their interaction in Flanoir in both games felt the most natural.

Colette seems more like a little sister, Raine like a big sister, and Presea as a trusted friend.

2e5.gif

#1175 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:49 PM

Lloyd and Sheena in Tales of Symphonia.

They gave off the biggest hints and their interaction in Flanoir in both games felt the most natural.

Colette seems more like a little sister, Raine like a big sister, and Presea as a trusted friend.

Well, players have some control in the end pairing. Colette is the canon girl though. Tales of Symphonia 2 confirms that Lloyd and Colette are together.

#1176 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:03 PM

Yeah it Colette was pretty hinted at to what I remember from the game (and trust me I remember A LOT), But Sheena is a great choice too. I think that she would be in a more hilarious but still sweet relationship with Zelos though :P

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 June 2019 - 12:04 PM.

#1177 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:22 PM

Retsuko x Haida (Aggretsuko) Update:  Well, it looks like Retsuko did reject Haida's proposal last season, but it's made clear that it's only because she just got out of a bad relationship and wasn't ready to start dating, not because she isn't interested. OTOH,  the second season is laying some groundwork for them to become more than friends in the future, but it's going to be a slow burn.  Well, I'm a patient man. :hehehe:

Yeah, I hate that they had her reject him, but then in that same season she begins dating someone else.

#1178 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, like I said, it's going to be a slow burn.

#1179 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

RespectfulEmotionalDolphin-size_restrict

Peter Parker x Mary Jane - Spider-Man PS4 

I love the dynamic that Peter and MJ have in the game, and it felt different enough that it was very heartwarming especially when you consider where their relationship starts off in the game, and where it ultimately ends in a satisfying way.

Edited by LuckyChi7, 09 July 2019 - 03:09 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1180 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:20 AM

Its an old ship that must be protected from Nana Mizuki...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users