The REAL Naruto interview 2009

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

I don't feel like posting the whole thing but here's a link:

http://mangahelpers....amp;postcount=1

There are actual scans too, from what I believe is, Naruto Collector Magazine Summer 2009.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:08 PM

Interesting, he draws a lot of influences from other manga and anime series, but I guess his main inspiration is Toriyama. And it looks like his "bonds" theme is drawn from his relationships with other manga artists, brilliant.

Kishi doesn't really tell a fib during his interviews. tongue.gif

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

NC: We know a lot about Naruto, Itachi, Gaara and Kakashi, but does Sakura have dark secrets we don't know about yet?

MK: She's a normal girl, so I haven't given it much thought.

Ouch. Give Sakura some love Kishi XD;

She needs more manga story time! 111193.gif

#4 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

NC: If you were to do a spin-off series that focused on one of the side characters (or a group of side characters) (were they hoping for Akatuski?) , who would it be?

MK: I'm thinking about doing one with the Fourth Hokage as the lead character. He'll be much younger. I intend to draw the Fourth as a child.

Yes! *fanboy*

#5 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

NC: Do you have any message for your fans in the U.S.?

MK: I have no idea how big Naruto is or how it's perceived in America, yet it's such a joy to hear that a lot of people read it. And I hope you keep on enjoying it. If you read it until the end, I promise that it's going to be worthwhile. So please, don't get bored. Keep going! Thank you very much.

And I find it just a tad bit incredible unbelievable that Kishi really has no clue just how big Naruto has been/is in America. It's kind of like...just how far down that always-writing-the-Naruto-manga-barely-coming-up-for-air hole has he been! XD

Kind of kills that whole argument that certain pairing shippers use, that Kishi would run the risk of 'losing' that fanbase if he didn't make a certain shy character hook up with Naruto.

Kishi doesn't even know they exist tongue.gif

Edited by Sakura Blossoms, 03 August 2009 - 06:41 PM.

#6 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 3 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I find it just a tad bit incredible unbelievable that Kishi really has no clue just how big Naruto has been/is in America. It's kind of like...just how far down that always-writing-the-Naruto-manga-barely-coming-up-for-air hole has he been! XD

The editors probably lock him up in a room and force him to draw.

And then they don't tell him about overseas sales.

#7 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

NC: If you were to do a spin-off series that focused on one of the side characters (or a group of side characters) (were they hoping for Akatuski?) , who would it be?

MK: I'm thinking about doing one with the Fourth Hokage as the lead character. He'll be much younger. I intend to draw the Fourth as a child
that'd be neat

NC: We know a lot about Naruto, Itachi, Gaara and Kakashi, but does Sakura have dark secrets we don't know about yet?

To me, she doesn't seem like she has dark secrets like those guys.

#8 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

Perhaps Kishimoto should consider visiting America after he's done with the series. If he made an appearance at a con, I just might go. ^^ (Would going deaf from all the fangirl cries be worth it?)

A "Minato Gaiden" would be cool, but I don't think I'd like to see him as just a child. A sidestory showing all the important events in his life would be better; and Kushina would have to be in it.

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

MK: I'm thinking about doing one with the Fourth Hokage as the lead character. He'll be much younger. I intend to draw the Fourth as a child

I want it! Actually, I want to see it like a prologue before the grand finale of the series has come because not only it focus on Minato's life but what really happen with his battle with Kyuubi and Madara before the story began.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#10 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Aug 3 2009, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want it! Actually, I want to see it like a prologue before the grand finale of the series has come because not only it focus on Minato's life but what really happen with his battle with Kyuubi and Madara before the story began.

And Kushina! But... wouldn't it be a bit like... Bardock? Nah... not exactly but his last action was to try and save his people as well... Minato was just more successful then Bardock. tongue.gif It would be a sad ending just like Bardocks I guess. I'm just rambling now... sorry. tongue.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#11 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

I saw a fan drawn Minato Gaiden somewhere on a forum I frequent. It was fairly well done, and showed all the events before he faced off with the Nine-tails.

Whoever drew it is awesome, I'll see if I can scrounge it up again.

#12 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

^ Please find it, seems interesting, Cloud

#13 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

Found it. happy.gif

Seems MH had it too, cause the one I was reading was in Traditonal Chinese.

Chapters 1 and 2 DDL

Chapter 3 DDL

I recommend using the direct download links. They hosted the images at some pr0n sites.

Edited by Cloud, 03 August 2009 - 09:27 PM.

#14 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

That is most likely ripped off from Kunoichi-san on deviant art I didn't download it but I read and followed her drawing Yondaime Gaiden last year

http://kunoichi-san....sanger-63147963

She is from Poland btw

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#15 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Aug 3 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is most likely ripped off from Kunoichi-san on deviant art I didn't download it but I read and followed her drawing Yondaime Gaiden last year

http://kunoichi-san....sanger-63147963

She is from Poland btw

Yeah, those are the ones I linked. The ones I read were translated into Chinese.

But I provided download links for those who want to keep a copy.

Edited by Cloud, 03 August 2009 - 09:44 PM.

#16 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:49 PM

The cover for chapter two is amazing She and LadyG really know how to duplicate Kishimoto's style

She has a manga called Weapon X she is working on now I haven't followed it but it might be an interesting read

but I digress and this isn't what this thread was about lol

I liked the interview though I wish he gives Sakura more of a real background. I guess we can infer from his statement her parents are not ninja.

Edited by Verilance, 04 August 2009 - 01:50 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#17 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:10 PM

NC: Do you have any message for your fans in the U.S.?

MK: I have no idea how big Naruto is or how it's perceived in America, yet it's such a joy to hear that a lot of people read it. And I hope you keep on enjoying it. If you read it until the end, I promise that it's going to be worthwhile. So please, don't get bored. Keep going! Thank you very much.

Yeah, he doesn't no how big his fan bases is in America wow. I find it hard to believe that, but he probably never see the sale sheets xD.... A Minato Gaiden would be so cool we finally would get to see them young....

Oh man, I wish Kishimoto would at least have put some more thought into Sakura's back ground......

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 03 August 2009 - 10:11 PM.

#18 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

Well, for anyone who didn't believe me when I said Kishimoto wasn't aware how popular the manga is in America, there you go.
bd5.jpg

#19 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

that was fun to read. my heart kind of sank when Kishimoto said he hadn't given Sakura's story much thought sleep.gif

hmmm i always find myself wondering what Kishimoto will do after all of naruto is over...i hope it won't be like Lucas...lol

#20 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 3 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ouch. Give Sakura some love Kishi XD;

She needs more manga story time! 111193.gif

I think what he meant was, Sakura's just not twisted and doesn't have any skeletons in her closet. Like Ino's a normal girl, for example.

And yes, she SHOULD get more time! DX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users