Close
Photo

Hinata's Fate [CH 437 SPOILERS]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Hinata's Fate [CH 437 SPOILERS] (66 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think will become of Hinata?

1. She's dead (38 votes [57.58%])

Percentage of vote: 57.58%

2. She's alive and NaruHina is certain (6 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. She's alive but Naruto's gonna turn her down (22 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote

#1 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

So what do you guys think? I personally think that she's dead, and that this could be a big turning point for Naruto and Sakura.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#2 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

Too early for me to guess anything.. still digesting the fact that Naruto EXPLODED into 4tail form.
Besides what about Neji... I think he's gonna flip out when he sees what's happened to Hinata >_>

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#3 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

Besides Neji, what about Hiashi and Hanabi?! They're gonna be really depressed that Hinata is gone...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#4 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

Poor Kiba and Shino too. TT_TT And poor Kurenai. First her lover then her student?? ;_;

Edited by Paptala, 27 February 2009 - 05:52 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#5 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

She's dead, as I said in the 437 Discussion do you honestly believe Pein would miss any vital parts at such close range and without interruption?

uc.png

#6 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:57 PM

Lee - Has all his bones crushed.

Chouji - Took his death pills

Neji - Pierced through the chest.

Gaara - Bijuu extracted.

Sasuke - Point blank C4

Are they all still alive? Every one of them.

#7 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Feb 27 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Poor Kiba and Shino too. TT_TT And poor Kurenai. First her lover then her student?? ;_;

Bloody hell, you're right, I completely forgot about Kurenai, she's going to be devestated. Hinata was like a daughter to her, and so soon after losing Asuma too.....poor Kurenia.

I'm not 100% certain she's dead, it's like Kakashi it's been confirmed 100% he is dead, i'm going to wait till this whole thing is over, I personally think she is alive and HMS NaruSaku is about to sink down to the oceon floor. But I am hoping I am wrong, but I don't want Hinata to die either.

What I find amusing is that the NAruto Anime is more aimed at the younger gen, compared to Bleach and One Piece but Naruto has had more deaths than the other two. Heck I can't even remember anyone ever dieing in One Piece, and their deaths are cold and bloody, like Uchiha Massacre, Itachi's death, or Hinata's (possible) death.

iAnby7W.gif

#8 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

I think shes alive but naruto thinks shes dead ant thats what made him go 6 tail.which was awesome by the way.
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#9 trivia212005

trivia212005

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:30 AM

Looks like they are going to be highly P Owed.

#10 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:46 AM

Hinata cant die! I mean - I want HinNar.....*sigh* this is sad for everyone - but i mean from the list of ppl who have so called "cheated death" so why cant Hinata, I ask you why can she?
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#11 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:51 AM

Honestly it would be extremely excessive on Kishi's part to kill off Hinata at this point with all the major recent deaths we've had. Not to mention with her grand becoming I think it would a great disappointment, at least for me. Hinata is a great character if you look at her revolving theme, not to mention she is the second most important female role in the story now. I mean, perhaps Kishi will surprise us all and she really will die, but like True exemplified for us, there have been numerous scenarios exactly like this in the story and they all resulted the same.

#12 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

Well, for 1 thing we didn't see that Pain really stabbed her heart or vital points. & I think Kishi's gonna bring her back to life so, I think yes she's alive, but Naruto will turn her down

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (psycho666 @ Feb 28 2009, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata is a great character if you look at her revolving theme, not to mention she is the second most important female role in the story now. I mean, perhaps Kishi will surprise us all and she really will die, but like True exemplified for us, there have been numerous scenarios exactly like this in the story and they all resulted the same.

Second important female role? I find that very untrue because if she was the second important female, than she should had have more screentime for development way back in Part 1 which she didn't, despite the rapid development in this week's chapter. The only other female besides Sakura that has more development and screentime is Tsunade. Hinata is more of a "Second-tier" character at best in the series.

And another thing I like to point out, maybe killing her off brings a much more darker element to the storyline (not to mention get rid of "Naruto's Generation must LIVE" hax) which brought forth more developments meaning good writing. Bringing her back to life is more of favortism move to please fans (though Hinata isn't popular in the character polls recently, she wasn't near the Top 10.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#14 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:11 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't flip out if Hinata were to survive - as long as Kishimoto provided a valid reason for her survival. After all, Pain has killed countless others without any mercy or pity. He did the same to his former teacher, Jiraiya. So why would he feel any different towards some little white-eyed girl he's never met before in his life? I think her chances of survival are low to zero, but we'll see. We do have Sakura the Wonder Medic Nin and/or the slug who was with Naruto.

The only time I would get really mad would be if Kishimoto completely disregarded all the relationship development he's inked into the manga over the past years, and had Naruto and Hinata magically get together. It would be The Half-Blood Prince II.

#15 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:22 AM

the key to udnertsanding hinatas death is in the symbolism behind it. int he end she fulfilled her dream and grasped her courage with all her might. This enabled her to challenge even if only momentarily a much more pwoerful opponent in order to protect the one who was precious to her.

It was this theme of doing so that ensures her death. The key is to keep in mind that if He jsut wanted to show a pod naruto all he had to do was use Shinra Tensei in the manner he used on Gamabunta. jsut toss her out fo the area. a bad fall for her but survivable.

While we havent seen her corpse yet, due to Kishi needing to show Narutos reaction to the callous and brutal murder of his friend who had jsut given a major confession to him. The reaction as we all saw was explosive to say the least.

Before this instance Hinatas relevance to the overall plot had diminished to relatively nothing and thats being kind. Thanks to Kishimoto though she was able to go full circle and finally confront the demon of shyness within her. confront it and grasp her dream of having naruto recognize her as strong.

Her death at this moment solidfies her relevance for the remainder of the plotline. in a way she can become a rallying cry for Naruto and for the rest. as has been pointed out before. Many people will be affected by her death. Her teamates, Kurenai, Hiashi, Hanabi, Naruto, even the remainder of the Rookie

But he didnt do that. he chose to draw a very slow and deliberate scene where Pein stood over her, took time to look at Naruto and comment on it. then Stabbed her. the picture with the sound effect is a classic anime manga trope used to add impact jsut like the gunshot going off and birds scattering everywhere then coming back to the scene to see the dead person 9 in some way knew her and intereacted with her.

this death has another reason as well. Hinata is a character whose death has meaning in more ways then one. Can we honestly say that we the readership would be as affected by the death of a noname chunin, or someone like Udon. hell Shizunes death has less impact and she appeared more often then hinata if were honest.

Shizunes death is a ripple in the pond. visible and hurts but eventualy passes.

Hinatas death after that confession is the Boulder that starts a tidalwave of retribution against akatsuki. Madara may laugh it off even Pein may do so.

but to those close to her her death is a rallying cry of epic proportions.

destroy there village: meh! well rebuild.

Kill Jiraiya: bad you but hey he was hardly ever here anyways

Kill anumber of our shinobi: well thats a shinobis life for you dangerous.

But Kill out Friend, a sweet and gentle soul who never harmed anyone and whose only goal was to change and make herself a better person? HELL NO. this means war.

the death of Hinata is a major step forwards for the rookie 9 in terms of growth and maturity as well as Motivation. The kids have been cruising along for a bit now and its time for a cold dash of reality.

Shikamaru and Team Asuma allready got theirs. Naruto and Sakura got theirs ((and may get another one when they see Sasuke wearing an Akatsuki cloak))
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#16 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

Just the Quote from above no need to read. --Click here to view--
QUOTE (catsi563 @ Feb 28 2009, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the key to udnertsanding hinatas death is in the symbolism behind it. int he end she fulfilled her dream and grasped her courage with all her might. This enabled her to challenge even if only momentarily a much more pwoerful opponent in order to protect the one who was precious to her.

It was this theme of doing so that ensures her death. The key is to keep in mind that if He jsut wanted to show a pod naruto all he had to do was use Shinra Tensei in the manner he used on Gamabunta. jsut toss her out fo the area. a bad fall for her but survivable.

While we havent seen her corpse yet, due to Kishi needing to show Narutos reaction to the callous and brutal murder of his friend who had jsut given a major confession to him. The reaction as we all saw was explosive to say the least.

Before this instance Hinatas relevance to the overall plot had diminished to relatively nothing and thats being kind. Thanks to Kishimoto though she was able to go full circle and finally confront the demon of shyness within her. confront it and grasp her dream of having naruto recognize her as strong.

Her death at this moment solidfies her relevance for the remainder of the plotline. in a way she can become a rallying cry for Naruto and for the rest. as has been pointed out before. Many people will be affected by her death. Her teamates, Kurenai, Hiashi, Hanabi, Naruto, even the remainder of the Rookie

But he didnt do that. he chose to draw a very slow and deliberate scene where Pein stood over her, took time to look at Naruto and comment on it. then Stabbed her. the picture with the sound effect is a classic anime manga trope used to add impact jsut like the gunshot going off and birds scattering everywhere then coming back to the scene to see the dead person 9 in some way knew her and intereacted with her.

this death has another reason as well. Hinata is a character whose death has meaning in more ways then one. Can we honestly say that we the readership would be as affected by the death of a noname chunin, or someone like Udon. hell Shizunes death has less impact and she appeared more often then hinata if were honest.

Shizunes death is a ripple in the pond. visible and hurts but eventualy passes.

Hinatas death after that confession is the Boulder that starts a tidalwave of retribution against akatsuki. Madara may laugh it off even Pein may do so.

but to those close to her her death is a rallying cry of epic proportions.

destroy there village: meh! well rebuild.

Kill Jiraiya: bad you but hey he was hardly ever here anyways

Kill anumber of our shinobi: well thats a shinobis life for you dangerous.

But Kill out Friend, a sweet and gentle soul who never harmed anyone and whose only goal was to change and make herself a better person? HELL NO. this means war.

the death of Hinata is a major step forwards for the rookie 9 in terms of growth and maturity as well as Motivation. The kids have been cruising along for a bit now and its time for a cold dash of reality.

Shikamaru and Team Asuma allready got theirs. Naruto and Sakura got theirs ((and may get another one when they see Sasuke wearing an Akatsuki cloak))

/agreed but the thought of her dying right after words would make a huge impact on Naruto, i like the way you explained how The killing went - and with Hinata being so sweet and gentle just makes it even worse for Naruto and the people Closest to her.

I mean a cold dash of reality....i wouldnt go that far.
But to say the least - If by chance she does survive - And for instance lets say Naruto starts to fall for Hin instead of Saku - I dont think it will be instant, It might be faster then most would like but It will take time, and work for the two of them to even get to were the relationship 'could' have gotten with NarSaku. Then with Sakura, if she is really feeling like she is falling for Naruto then she would try her best to see if Nar still had those feelings and/or if she can win him back (that is considering: hinata doesnt die, Naruto accepts her love, and Is willing to love her in return...etc...)
Yet, with the slim chance she doesnt die - do you think that she will be stuck as a 'second string' character or will she take that 'first line'?
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#17 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:43 AM

Yet, with the slim chance she doesnt die - do you think that she will be stuck as a 'second string' character or will she take that 'first line'?

Personally I think she'll be stuck like a second string character, even if Kishimoto plans making NaruHina. Her involvement in the main subplots is practically non-existent, and she isn't powerful enough for participating in the big fights. True, Sakura wasn't powerful enough either, but she already was a main character, was heavily involved since the beginning, and had a timeskip for working hard and improving her skills.

Kishimoto-san can be somewhat impredectible, but I don't see him making a timeskip all of sudden with the only purpose of empowering a secondary character.

By the way, if Hinata lives, there's one third possibility other than Naruto regarding her feelings and giving her one chance, or Sakura getting jealousy and pursuing Naruto. An option nobody over here seems being considering.

If Hinata lives or dies, Naruto ends up alone.

And this entire drama has been MEANINGLESS.

I agree with you and your insightful analysis, Cat.

Besides, I'm a sucker for moments where the hero/heroine marchs to one battle he/she knows he/she can't win.

There's one thing is bugging me: the confession moment seems extremely out of place and forceful. And using Nate's words, it didn't seem romantic at all. It sounded like Hinata telling her last words.

Maybe it gives more weight to the theory she's dead and staying dead: it was his last chance to tie that loose end (personally I think heit didn't need resolution). If she wouldn't confess now, she would never confess.

If she would haven't confessed, Pain would have brushed her away like a bothersome gnat instead of killing her, then surely we would have a confession scene later, and it would be more fluid.

But it was now or never, so Kishimoto HAD to fit that confession in that scene, even if it was abrupt.

Or perhaps I'm seeing just what I want seeing.

Your thoughts?

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#18 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Fallen_Angel @ Feb 28 2009, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(that is considering: hinata doesnt die, Naruto accepts her love, and Is willing to love her in return...etc...)

That's a three step thing tho.

First Hinata has to survive, then Naruto has to deal with the confession and what to do IF he somehow returns the feelings, and then finally he needs to accept her if he feels the same.

So NaruHina is just as far from Canon as it was before, it's just taken a bend and the ending is a little more clear.

I say don't expect a resolution about Hinata's fate for ATLEAST 5 chapters. KN6 has to calm down before we will know. Then if Hinata is somehow miraculously alive, she has in the very least, a couple weeks of coma to get through before Naruto will even get a chance to talk to her.

So yeah, I don't expect to hear anything about this for another month or two.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#19 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Radon @ Feb 28 2009, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, the agony shamefulcry0js.gif

#20 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

Dead. At least that's what I hope. Watch Kishi prove me wrong though; he hasn't had the stones to kill one of the Rookie Nine yet, after all.

Hinata is a great character if you look at her revolving theme, not to mention she is the second most important female role in the story now.

... Sorry, but not really. She's still in the lower tiers, even if you were just to leave it to simply the women. She's more important than maybe TenTen and Ino, but that's about it. She's been background fodder at very best.

I find it kind of weird that she has one somewhat cool moment and some people seem to find her very important now.

I also don't agree that she's a particularly great character, but that's more of my personal opinion and refutable based on taste.

Honestly, I wouldn't flip out if Hinata were to survive

I would. If there's one things that's bothered me about Kishi, it's his habit of going back on killing the Rookie Nine at the very last second. Sure, he'll kill off anchilary supporting characters, but when it gets time to really hit close to home, the next generation, he hasn't seemed to have the stones to do it before now. This isn't even a Hinata thing; I'd say the same for pretty much any of the Rookie Nine.

Besides that, I've long been of the opinion that Naruto has to be there when someone dies. To honestly, truly fail. In part to mature more really. Of all the people he could kill to do that, Hinata's about the lowest run on there... but what the hell. I'll take it.

Second string. It's way too late in the game for her to suddenly be an important character in the Narutoverse. Some don't seem to understand that though, or more to the point are a bit worried over something they shouldn't be quite so panicked over. But whatta ya gonna do?

Seriously, after four hundred some odd chapters, she's had maybe two defining moments and quite possibly the least amount of appearances ahead of only Shino. Considering the manga's always had Team 7 as it's roots, the chances of that really changing are lower than one percent.

That is, unless Kishi decides to pull a Toriyama and throws a bunch of random things in that don't weight the story in the hopes of pissing off the fans so he doesn't have to write it anymore.

Oh the dreaded cliffhanger. It's as bad as commercials I swear. But without them, would everybody tune in every week? XD

Gotta keep interest up.

Edited by dl316bh, 28 February 2009 - 12:09 PM.

bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users