7 replies to this topic

#1 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

What did you guys make of this scene in chapter 408?

I think this is the first time that we see Naruto even close to angry with Sakura (though angry isn't the word I would use, maybe frustrated?). And Sakura seems to be snappier with him as well. I would have thought that she'd be more sensitive towards him in light of what he's going through with Jiraiya's death and all.

What are your thoughts on it? unsure.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#2 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:18 AM

He also snapped (well not really) at Sakura to stay out of the way during that balcony fight with Sasuke. I think Naruto's so overfilled with emotion, mourning, and wanting revenge that he's not thinking rationally. I assume Sakura knows of Jiraiya's death, but she's trying to think things out rationally and logically while Naruto is trying to rush things. Naruto declaring his revenge for Jiraiya might be what is alerting Sakura to how hard Naruto is taking Jiraiya's death to be. Perhaps she knows that he's not dealing with it that well, but his actual declaration of revenge shows her that he's at the point where he's out for some blood to avenge his mentor.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#3 Cedrk

Cedrk

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Computer Networking, Programming, Gaming (Battlefield 2/2142, cabal extreme, X3 Reunion)

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:36 AM

True they both snapped.

Sakura: Because she doesn't want Naruto to follow the same revenge path(darkside) Sasuke did and leave for power.

Naruto: because the closest thing to a father/grandfather figure been killed and he needs to do something anything to get his emotions out.

Well that's what I figure anyway.

A little friction between them isn't bad thing, because it could lead to them confronting each other about how they feel about each other. unfortunately this didn't happened but we can hope something might happen after Naruto's fight with pain cant we...

Edited by Cedrk, 23 February 2009 - 12:37 AM.

#4 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Feb 22 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this is the first time that we see Naruto even close to angry with Sakura (though angry isn't the word I would use, maybe frustrated?). And Sakura seems to be snappier with him as well. I would have thought that she'd be more sensitive towards him in light of what he's going through with Jiraiya's death and all.

What are your thoughts on it? unsure.gif

Right, because Naruto and Sakura obviously hate each other, and should get all the time.

Joking aside, it's no big deal really, seems like a normal cause and effect type thing to me.

#5 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ Feb 23 2009, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, because Naruto and Sakura obviously hate each other, and should get all the time.

Joking aside, it's no big deal really, seems like a normal cause and effect type thing to me.

True. I was just surprised at the tension here between the two of them. It's not something you normally see. Not something that I think could break the couple, but maybe a milestone in their relationship? I mean, one of the major reasons aruging against NaruHina is that Naruto would walk all over Hinata. You sort of saw that with Sakura dominating Naruto - if he's willing to "fight" with her for he believes, the relationship becomes more plausible and morelikely to last longer.

Am I making sense at this point? sweatdrop.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#6 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (Cedrk @ Feb 22 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True they both snapped.

Sakura: Because she doesn't want Naruto to follow the same revenge path(darkside) Sasuke did and leave for power.

Naruto: because the closest thing to a father/grandfather figure been killed and he needs to do something anything to get his emotions out.

Well that's what I figure anyway.

A little friction between them isn't bad thing, because it could lead to them confronting each other about how they feel about each other. unfortunately this didn't happened but we can hope something might happen after Naruto's fight with pain cant we...

No kidding. And at least Naruto isn't as bad as Sasuke. He just wants to make Pain suffer, not just seek revenge at any cost. Sasuke is different in that level.

Though I see where this is. At least she's being as supportive as she can. I bet instinctively right now, she knows not to get in the way but she more than likely WANTS to help him out in any way.

Bryon

#7 Draco_K

Draco_K

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:I got alot of intrests. ask me and I might tell ya about them.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

i think this is a way of developing thier relationship. i mean all couples fight at sometime or another and sometimes it helps make them stronger. it all comes down to how Naruto reacts to Sakura if she does try to stop him. it should be interesting to see if they become closer or drift apart because of this.
Been There, Done That, Bought the T Shirt but damned if the son of a b*tch didnt get tossed out.

#8 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

I think Sakura was approaching this from a rational standpoint. She knows about the time it takes to analyze because she's been working with Tsunade. Naruto does not. So she does snap back at him because she thinks he's being his usual overconfident self. I don't think she realizes his emotional state when she snapped back at him. But at the end, when Naruto says he wants revenge for Jiraiya, I think that's when Sakura realizes that Naruto is holding himself back as it is. The old Naruto would have gone barrelling out of Konoha already. Sakura's reaction (not snapping back or arguing at the end) shows that she understands how Naruto feels. In other situations, if Naruto is being stubborn, Sakura would have just gotten angry and punched him. 111193.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users