• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#1 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

I always wondered how Tobi is Obito. Sure they have the same personality and hair, but does Tobi have the sharingan? If he does, is he an Uchiha? I'm curious......
I am still pinky-ash

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

I used to always say no. Just like I would always say no to the whole 'Yodaime is Naruto's daddy' theory.

But Kishimoto has become so predictable in his storylines lately...

Akatsuki taking over the world blah blah dry.gif
Naruto once again having a new technique restricted from him >.<
Team SNAKE...omg couldn't he have come up with something a little more original =_=
And of course the big showdown with Itachi :rolleyes:

So at this point, I honestly wouldn't even be remotely surprised if Tobi did turn out to be Obito behind that mask sleep.gif

#3 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:43 AM

Well I guess people think Tobi is Obito. I don't believe it.
I am still pinky-ash

#4 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:06 AM

Wouldn't surprise me either, which is unfortunate because I don't like this theory.

Dl, that is pretty much why I hate theory. It would be another occasion of him apparently killing someone (or someone meeting established criteria of death (Like Gaara and Chouji) and then still living anyway. One, as you said, it's way too DBZish in a manga that has borrowed from it and has let it's fights fall completely into to the DBZ mold, depending almost completely on power and jutsu and involving very little tactics. They always resembled them, but as the manga goes on Kishimoto is losing the uniqueness they once possessed.

Two, doing that stuff ruins the impact of death scenes. I know Gaara's was weaker for it and I spent some of Asuma's thinking, oh he's not going to die. And it's not so much whether or not I think he can do it, it's as you said, there a lot of holes that need filling and I don't see there been a good way to do it that doesn't make him look like a half-hearted attempt to revive a character he couldn't bear killing. It'll be tough explain how he lived through that, let alone what he's doing with Akatsuki. I just think he is better of staying away from that.

This is pretty much my take on it now. Even if it turns out he is undead, as has been theorized, it wouldn't change my overall opinion. It's technically different what I mentioned in the quote, in that he actually does die, but it would still wouldn't change my impression and it, like all other theories have a number of holes, that I'm just not sure he can adequately fill.

#5 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

If it is him, I'd like to know how the hell he wound up with Akatsuki in the first place, undead or not.

#6 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

I would find it very interesting if Tobi is Obito. I would like to know how Kishi will explain that he is an Akatsuki now and all.

#7 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jun 14 2007, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it is him, I'd like to know how the hell he wound up with Akatsuki in the first place, undead or not.

That's the kind of thing I mean when I talk about holes in the various theories. If he's not, then how did he sruvive and what is he doing with Akatsuki, if he is, then who revives him, how did they do it, why do they even care enough to do ir, and still, why is with Akatsuki?

I've yet to here a theory that satisfactorily answers all those kinds questions.

I only bring up the undead one because in the spoilers that support the Tobui/Obito Theory Sasuke says something that at least lends a little bit of credence to the theory, but (1) those still haven't been confirmed and thus, remain rumors at this point (2) what he says doesn't have to mean that at all and, really is a bit vague. So I'm taking it with more than a grain of salt until I see the actual chapter.

#8 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

Tobi = Obito?

Is it just because of Sasuke's statement?

In Kakashi gaiden, Obito's personality didn't strike to me like Tobi's. I know Obito acted childish but Tobi acts like an idiot and a kid at the same time.

There are differences.

Anyway, it would be interesting if Tobi turns out to be Obito. Kishi-sensei will have a lot of explaining to do. I hope he doesn't leave loopholes like the rookie nine knowing about Kyuubi inside Naruto beforehand. (This is one of the biggest loopholes I found in the manga. I hope it can be explained in the future)

#9 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:09 AM

No, it's not that. I was talking about Tobi possibly being undead. Sasuke's statement suggests something odd about Tobi's body, but it doesn't have to mean that. I really don't know if I buy the idea, but I wanted to cover all of my bases. For all we know it could be closer to Kakuzu, but I doubt Kishimoto does the same thing twice. There is something going on with Tobi as he took no damage in the last chapter, but what that is, is unknown right now.

Anyway, that particular spoiler was never confirmed. Like I said, I was more covering all my bases so don't put too much stock into that until it happens.

What's pushing the theory now, is that the same spoiler which I referred had a scene where they look through the book Kabuto gave them and next to Tobi it lists the village of Konoha. Like the rest of that spoiler this hasn't been confirmed either (as far as I know) and wasn't a part of the spoiler that has been confirmed at this point.

#10 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Shriner @ Jun 14 2007, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it's not that. I was talking about Tobi possibly being undead. Sasuke's statement suggests something odd about Tobi's body, but it doesn't have to mean that. I really don't know if I buy the idea, but I wanted to cover all of my bases. For all we know it could be closer to Kakuzu, but I doubt Kishimoto does the same thing twice. There is something going on with Tobi as he took no damage in the last chapter, but what that is, is unknown right now.

Anyway, that particular spoiler was never confirmed. Like I said, I was more covering all my bases so don't put too much stock into that until it happens.

What's pushing the theory now, is that the same spoiler which I referred had a scene where they look through the book Kabuto gave them and next to Tobi it lists the village of Konoha. Like the rest of that spoiler this hasn't been confirmed either (as far as I know) and wasn't a part of the spoiler that has been confirmed at this point.

Oh ok...I thought I missed something over there. I understand what you trying to say Shriner.

still it would be interesting to see where Kishi is trying to take the manga or is it the ending phase for Naruto.

It might be the end as things seemed to be converging quite a bit though I am in a bit of a predicament regarding Kabuchimaru. If he becomes a prominent villain then I don't think the manga is finishing anytime soon.

Lets see what happens huh a_plotting.gif

#11 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

Sasuke saying something odd about Tobi's body? Maybe Tobi's barely dodging all his attacks AKA reading his attacks and acting accordingly AKA Mangekyou?

#12 utopia21

utopia21

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:basketball football soocer sports hangingout doingnothing<br />

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:19 AM

I'm pretty sure Tobi is Obito, I mean, even his name kinda gives it away. Add one 'O' and scramble 'em up; boom. You got Obito, and I also think that Madaara Uchiha is the Akatsuki leader

#13 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (utopia21 @ Jun 16 2007, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure Tobi is Obito, I mean, even his name kinda gives it away. Add one 'O' and scramble 'em up; boom. You got Obito, and I also think that Madaara Uchiha is the Akatsuki leader

Well Sasuke's statement about Tobi was a little ambiguous so we don't really know but it seems like Tobi might actually be Obito.

If that turns out to be true then maybe there is a chance that Rin might be alive as well. After all we don't know how she died or anything.

As per Akatsuki leader being Uchiha Madara. Well, its a good theory and it might be possible but there is also a theory that the leader might be Yondaime.

I guess Kish-sensei will surprise us when the person is revealed, though personally I don't go for the Yondaime theory. Guess I am biased since I like whatever we do know about the guy laugh.gif

#14 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

As I always say... We'll live..We'll find out.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#15 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Vespar @ Jun 16 2007, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke saying something odd about Tobi's body? Maybe Tobi's barely dodging all his attacks AKA reading his attacks and acting accordingly AKA Mangekyou?

Actually after seeing the chapter, that spoiler was false. So, ignore that statement.

#16 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Shriner @ Jun 18 2007, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually after seeing the chapter, that spoiler was false. So, ignore that statement.

So that whole thing is false or just the statement regarding something different about the body?

#17 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Ashley @ Jun 13 2007, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always wondered how Tobi is Obito. Sure they have the same personality and hair, but does Tobi have the sharingan? If he does, is he an Uchiha? I'm curious......

I've wondered that too!! I'm leaning towards him actually being Obito. I think it's highly possible.

#18 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:03 AM

There was no indication of Tobi having a sharingan or anything like that. I think Sasuke just says that Tobi's body is weird or he moves around weirdly. Other than that I did not see anything else regarding Tobi unless I am forgetting something.

That is why Tobi and Obito theory sounds strange to me.

#19 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:29 AM

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me, Shriner.
I was reading the chapter just before and I didn't quite pick up on that.

Either way though, Tobi just got up from taking a slice that should've torn him in two (or atleast lose half his cloak) -a fact confirmed when Deidara berated him afterwards about not letting his guard down.

Now that in itself, is already a whole other level higher than Hidan's decapitation.

#20 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Vespar @ Jun 22 2007, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me, Shriner.
I was reading the chapter just before and I didn't quite pick up on that.

Either way though, Tobi just got up from taking a slice that should've torn him in two (or atleast lose half his cloak) -a fact confirmed when Deidara berated him afterwards about not letting his guard down.

Now that in itself, is already a whole other level higher than Hidan's decapitation.

Agreed, about taking the slice that should have cut him up in two, but my question is what makes people ask the question that Tobi might be Obito?

I might be missing the point totally, so can someone please clarify it for me??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users