Close
Photo

Bail o' Lies Nickname of Boruto's character for the summaries.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:57 PM

Yet despite them ignoring of the problems, everyone else still remembers and mocks them for it. Never admitting that it put off so many fans from the the series, heck I still recall Greg's video about how a father on the naruto message board to kishimoto typed how the series left a bad message for him and his daughters and they were done with him and his work.

#22 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 08:04 PM

Yet despite them ignoring of the problems, everyone else still remembers and mocks them for it. Never admitting that it put off so many fans from the the series, heck I still recall Greg's video about how a father on the naruto message board to kishimoto typed how the series left a bad message for him and his daughters and they were done with him and his work.

Well two things, unless Kishiomoto or someone else important saw that message it doesn't matter anymore than our comments here, and men have always hated this kind of romantic pairings. Its been hated by men since the dawn of literature itself. Yet, there are still hundreds of stories every year with that type of romantic pairing. Why? Because some women love it. SS can endure because of that, despite the criticism. Since, its the same for thousands of other awful romances in stories out there. So, it doesn't really matter if the dad loves it or not, it matters if his daughters do.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 May 2022 - 08:12 PM.

#23 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 03:55 PM

Well two things, unless Kishiomoto or someone else important saw that message it doesn't matter anymore than our comments here, and men have always hated this kind of romantic pairings. Its been hated by men since the dawn of literature itself. Yet, there are still hundreds of stories every year with that type of romantic pairing. Why? Because some women love it. SS can endure because of that, despite the criticism. Since, its the same for thousands of other awful romances in stories out there. So, it doesn't really matter if the dad loves it or not, it matters if his daughters do.

Well apprantly kishimoto did hear the message to an extent, because apprantly according to retrospectgreg kishimoto was finally told by an editor or assistant that the main reason that people hated sakura, was because of her feelings for sasuke.

Which I think lead him to do gaiden to try a do damage control on the now boruto project coming out at the time, though I don't think he succeed at all with that and made it worse.

Well the problem with trying to appeal those type of female shipper fans is that they are not the targeted market for a fansty shonen series and clearly not enough to make the profits naruto used to. Many ways the se could be said with reylo in star wars.

From the way it was apprantly worded I don't think that father's daughters liked it ether and even if they I did I doubt the father wwould of let them continue reading naruto if he thought it was giving them a bad message.

#24 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 04:27 PM

Well apparently kishimoto did hear the message to an extent, because apparently according to retrospectgreg kishimoto was finally told by an editor or assistant that the main reason that people hated sakura, was because of her feelings for sasuke.

Which I think lead him to do gaiden to try a do damage control on the now boruto project coming out at the time, though I don't think he succeed at all with that and made it worse.

Well the problem with trying to appeal those type of female shipper fans is that they are not the targeted market for a fantasy shonen series and clearly not enough to make the profits naruto used to. Many ways the same could be said with reylo in star wars.

From the way it was apparently worded I don't think that father's daughters liked it ether and even if they I did I doubt the father would of let them continue reading naruto if he thought it was giving them a bad message.

Well there you go. It was important because someone working of the franchise saw it you were right.

It worked because it help make Salad really well receive despite the problems of the gaiden itself. The problem comes in that both it and the movie which stated Bolt's goal is to be her shadow/enforcer/Danzo means she is the central character of the story. However, none of the three clowns have any interest in her. The pedophile and Kodaichi want to make their own character Nail be the main character, and kishimoto gives up on his females very quickly if left to his own devices.

Yet, they are the ones holding it up. Just enjoy the ironic hell SP and Kishimoto put themselves in. The anime staff hated Sakura and wanted their dream girl Hinata to be the love interest. Them getting what they want destroyed the series that used to give them enough money to do whatever they wanted. Now their stuck having to appease women who are only watching to see the romance the woman they hate (SS) to keep the lights on. Kishimoto abandon his story at the last minute because people told him doing this would make it more profitable. Instead, it crashed and burn. Now. he is stuck writing the sequel after his new manga flopped.

Fair enough, as long they actually believe that and aren't just saying it to appease their father. Kids often doing things their parents tell them not to do.

#25 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 12:47 AM

Please, for the love of god, make Boruto go with Sumire and piss off all the NH and SS fans that support BurritoSalads. Please...oh and don't explain why or give them development..

Most of SS shares the same oppinion as you.
SS doesn't want Sarada to turn into in a pairing fodder and have the same destiny as  Sakura/Hinata. 
They really want Sarada to become the  strong and indepedent  new Hokage.

Most of the Salad fans are also old Sasuke/Uchiha fans. They completely despise Naruto and his spawn.
At this point they completely gave up and dropped Bort manga.

They are specting a Sasuke 2.0 or a Itachi/Madara Jr. Not a pairing bait character.
They hate the fact Kishimoto choosed a girl to be Sasuke's daughter. Probably to not outshine Bort/Kawaki.
But Salad still is the most popular character in Boruto thanks to her Uchiha blood and status as SS daughter

Edited by Therece, 02 April 2023 - 05:22 AM.

#26 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 01:24 AM

SS is the, "dreamy bad boy that can only be fixed by true love." Its a staple of women romantic fiction. Fans of such pairings have low standards and SS also has the appeal of the story continuing after they get together; allowing them to further their fantasy. It allowed it to endure the negative implications when nH couldn't, since that was suppose to be the perfect flawless couple.

If you remove Sakura's feelings and Sasuke from the Team 7 love triangle.
NS was the typical shounen  pairing.
NH completely lacks any appeal aside Hinata's boobs. 
SS have the "shoujo" and "tragic" appeal that lacks in NH and NS.
Kishimoto made NH to turn Hinata more popular but ironically turning Sakura in the "Mrs uchiha" made her more popular than ever, both for fans and Haters. 

Uchiha/Sakura were the focus in Naruto. But not in Boruto's story.
Now these idiots (Ikemoto,Kishimoto,Pierrot) are stucking with the Uchiha family being more popular/interesting than the Boruto's family/Hinata AGAIN. 

Even Shoujo mangakas are coming to praise Kishimoto because Sakura/SS these days:

55444.jpg

Edited by Therece, 02 April 2023 - 04:48 AM.

#27 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 08:47 AM

Most of SS shares the same oppinion as you.
SS doesn't want Sarada to turn into in a pairing fodder and have the same destiny as  Sakura/Hinata. 
They really want Sarada to become the  strong and indepedent  new Hokage.

Most of the Salad fans are also old Sasuke/Uchiha fans. They completely despise Naruto and his spawn.
At this point they completely gave up and dropped Bort manga.

They are specting a Sasuke 2.0 or a Itachi/Madara Jr. Not a pairing bait character.
They hate the fact Kishimoto choosed a girl to be Sasuke's daughter. Probably to not outshine Bort/Kawaki.
But Salad still is the most popular character in Boruto thanks to her Uchiha blood and status as SS daughter

I never said that, did you edit my quote or is this an error on h&e? I said: "I find this ironic that ss is the most popular fanbase in boruto, despite the fact its one of the main reasons why most other fans dropped the series, because of how toxic their relationship is"

I don't give a dang who sadara ends up with as I think she is an overrated character and her existence does not justify sasusaku happening. Frankly I don't care if they do drop it because they should of executed this given how sakura and sasusaku was written in naruto.

If you remove Sakura's feelings and Sasuke from the Team 7 love triangle.
NS was the typical shounen  pairing.
NH completely lacks any appeal aside Hinata's boobs. 
SS have the "shoujo" and "tragic" appeal that lacks in NH and NS.
Kishimoto made NH to turn Hinata more popular but ironically turning Sakura in the "Mrs uchiha" made her more popular than ever, both for fans and Haters. 

Uchiha/Sakura were the focus in Naruto. But not in Boruto's story.
Now these idiots (Ikemoto,Kishimoto,Pierrot) are stucking with the Uchiha family being more popular/interesting than the Boruto's family/Hinata AGAIN. 

Even Shoujo mangakas are coming to praise Kishimoto because Sakura/SS these days:

https://twitter.com/...2362232832?s=20[/size]

55444.jpg

I don't care if sasusaku is considered a shoujo tragic appeal, it should not have happened, because how unhealthy it was. Narusaku might be a typical idiot and tsundere relationship, but I'd pick that over ss any day.

I'd hardly call sakura/uhchia the focus in naruto , the bond between naruto and sasuke was the focus. With sakura feelings for naruto and sasuke changing throughout the series, naruto being more positive and sasuke more negative. Haters still don't like sakura being Mrs uhchia, they still see it as a bad pairing.

Frankly I find it worrying that shoujo mangaka would praise how kishimoto wrote the sasusaku relationship, because it is not a positive portrayal of romance and a bad message to girls.

#28 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 03:05 PM

I never said that, did you edit my quote or is this an error on h&e? I said: "I find this ironic that ss is the most popular fanbase in boruto, despite the fact its one of the main reasons why most other fans dropped the series, because of how toxic their relationship is"

I don't give a dang who sadara ends up with as I think she is an overrated character and her existence does not justify sasusaku happening. Frankly I don't care if they do drop it because they should of executed this given how sakura and sasusaku was written in naruto.

Old post in the  first page from James S Cassidy. Probably a error.

Just saying that SS fanbase doesn't give a damn about BoruSara.

Most of the Sarada fans including the SS ones hates Boruto's character.

Boruto x Sarada fanbases hate each other. 

Most of the Sarada fans are Sasuke or Sakura fans and they hate Naruto, Hinata and their spawn.
This pairing never will become "big".

Also there's no need for a epilogue with new Kids in Boruto. Boruto is too much a failure for a continuation.At this point the producers/Kishimoto must be thinking in reboot/Cancel Boruto.

I don't care if sasusaku is considered a shoujo tragic appeal, it should not have happened, because how unhealthy it was. Narusaku might be a typical idiot and tsundere relationship, but I'd pick that over ss any day.

I'd hardly call sakura/uhchia the focus in naruto , the bond between naruto and sasuke was the focus. With sakura feelings for naruto and sasuke changing throughout the series, naruto being more positive and sasuke more negative. Haters still don't like sakura being Mrs uhchia, they still see it as a bad pairing.

Frankly I find it worrying that shoujo mangaka would praise how kishimoto wrote the sasusaku relationship, because it is not a positive portrayal of romance and a bad message to girls.

The clan/backstory of the deuteragonist and three main villains like Itachi, Madara and Obito.
Uchiha was the main Clan in Naruto.  Sakura was the main female.
They aren't supposed to remain so popular in Boruto. So this is a problem for Ikemoto and his manga.
Ikemoto's characters are a failure.

SS have  good development/scenes in Part 1 thanks to Yahagi supervision (Not kishimoto).
Kishimoto made they tried to kill each other to reinforce how Sasuke changed and  how Sakura feelings still are strong.
Sasuke was redeemed, apologized to Sakura and she jumped in his arms again.  Now Sasuke/Sarada/Sakura are the few things worth of attention/merchandising in Boruto Era with a big active fanbase with potential  to bring some old readers back.

Did Kishimoto could have done a better Work or make NS instead? Of course. But SS aren't the first and neither will be the last couple who tried to kill each other in fiction/manga.  I pick SS over the boring/lackluster NH any day. I hate Hinata and how she was overrated for nothing.   Even Sakura x Lee is better than NH. 

Also It's good to see Sakura get more recognition/attention and destroying Hinata/NH in these years. if you want to count the Haters who are obcessed with Sakura. (Who are non existent in Japan) Sakura is the most popular character in the franchise.

If Kishimoto had few minutes to look at the internet trends/social medias back in the day instead of listen Pierrot. He would know that.

Edited by Therece, 03 April 2023 - 05:37 AM.

#29 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 08:19 PM

Old post in the  first page from James S Cassidy. Probably a error.
Just saying that SS fanbase doesn't give a damn about BoruSara.
Most of the Sarada fans including the SS ones hates Boruto's character.

Boruto x Sarada fanbases hate each other. 
Most of the Sarada fans are Sasuke or Sakura fans and they hate Naruto, Hinata and their spawn.
This pairing never will become "big".

Also there's no need for a epilogue with new Kids in Boruto. Boruto is too much a failure for a continuation.At this point the producers/Kishimoto must be thinking in reboot/Cancel Boruto.

The clan/backstory of the deuteragonist and three main villains like Itachi, Madara and Obito.
Uchiha was the main Clan in Naruto.  Sakura was the main female.
They aren't supposed to remain so popular in Boruto. So this is a problem for Ikemoto and his manga.
Ikemoto's characters are a failure.

SS have  good development/scenes in Part 1 thanks to Yahagi supervision (Not kishimoto).
Kishimoto made they tried to kill each other to reinforce how Sasuke changed and  how Sakura feelings still are strong.
Sasuke was redeemed, apologized to Sakura and she jumped in his arms again.  Now Sasuke/Sarada/Sakura are the few things worth of attention/merchandising in Boruto Era with a big active fanbase with potential  to bring some old readers back.

Did Kishimoto could have done a better Work or make NS instead? Of course. But SS aren't the first and neither will be the last couple who tried to kill each other in fiction/manga.  I pick SS over the boring/lackluster NH any day. I hate Hinata and how she was overrated for nothing.   Even Sakura x Lee is better than NH. 
Also It's good to see Sakura get more recognition/attention and destroying Hinata/NH in these years. if you want to count the Haters who are obcessed with Sakura. (Who are non existent in Japan) Sakura is the most popular character in the franchise.

If Kishimoto had few minutes to look at the internet trends/social medias back in the day instead of listen Pierrot. He would know that.

It's a cheap rip of of narusaku and narusasu so I dount they or nh would generally care for it. Just let those two fanbases rip on each other its funny they destory themselves.

If they do cancel and reboot naruto/boruto I don't want to see etheir nh or ss canon, those ships have literally destoryed this franchise.

Just because kishimoto over focused on the uhchia and sakura is the main female character, doesn't justify her becoming apart of the clan. Especially given how most of them ended up a villains.

Just because sasusaku had a few "good moments" in part 1 does not justify them getting together, especially with how bad they were written in part 2. Heck I'd even argue the moment sasuke left, they shouldn't get together because he rejected her.

Heck I have no desire to support any merchandise or series with the sasusaku family and I doubt anyone who isn't a shipper does as well, especially here.

I don't care how many other ships tried to kill eachother that became canon, it still does not justify sasusaku becoming canon. I'd argue that more of a problem with media in general prompting toxic romance.

Frankly I see ss as bad as nh in destroying this series and if they reboot this series etheir have narusaku canon or open ended so we don't get an ending like we got with naruto's again.

Pierrot and the editors showed him the scoical media and the Internet, its why we got the ending we did because he was shown youtubers who loved hinata and hated sakura in the west. Frankly he should of done narusaku like he intended regardless of which ship was popular, because it made the most sense of what he wrote.

#30 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 12:25 AM

It's a cheap rip of of narusaku and narusasu so I dount they or nh would generally care for it. Just let those two fanbases rip on each other its funny they destory themselves.

Kishimoto never should "play" or "troll"  with so many big fanbases.

If Kishi is a "genius" for anything its the drive of his fandom wars, the pure hatred between certain groups still thrives to this day.

Heck I have no desire to support any merchandise or series with the sasusaku family and I doubt anyone who isn't a shipper does as well, especially here.

You will be surprised of how much they milk SS with events/store  merchs including a one with Sakura using a big Uchiha crest in her belly. Compared to this Hinata/Boruto Characters have nothing. 

https://twitter.com/...3043073025?s=20

HEREEE.jpg

111111111.jpg

00000000000000000000000000.jpg[/url]

15.jpg
16.jpg
18.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Just because kishimoto over focused on the uhchia and sakura is the main female character, doesn't justify her becoming apart of the clan. Especially given how most of them ended up a villains.

This isn't the reason of SS. But the SS/Sakura/Sasuke/Uchihas popularity is still much more big than NH,Boruto and anything that Ikemoto created in his manga.

Ikemoto is too stupid. At least the bussiness  guys and even Pierrot know how to explore that.

Frankly I see ss as bad as nh in destroying this series and if they reboot this series etheir have narusaku canon or open ended so we don't get an ending like we got with naruto's again.

I don't think NaruSaku alone could save Boruto Manga.

The story is bad.

Characters is bad.

Ikemoto is bad.

But at least Naruto's family would have a much better popular Wife/Mother for merchandising and fillers.

They will have SS/NH wrath and still will have to try to revive the NS fandom with a NaruSaku reboot.
This only will bring much more hate and death threats to Kishimoto for an uncertain outcome.
Too much late for that.

It's simply better cancel Boruto and let the series rest, make a proper part 3 removing the kids/open ended or just produce a Naruto anime remake. 

Edited by Therece, 06 April 2023 - 10:38 PM.

#31 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 09:12 AM

Kishimoto never should "play" or "troll"  with so many big fanbases.
If Kishi is a "genius" for anything its the drive of his fandom wars, the pure hatred between certain groups still thrives to this day.

You will be surprised of how much they milk SS with events/store  merchs including a one with Sakura using a big Uchiha crest in her belly. Compared to this Hinata/Boruto Characters have nothing. 

https://twitter.com/...3043073025?s=20

HEREEE.jpg

111111111.jpg
00000000000000000000000000.jpg[/url]

15.jpg
16.jpg
18.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

This isn't the reason of SS. But the SS/Sakura/Sasuke/Uchihas popularity is still much more big than NH,Boruto and anything that Ikemoto created in his manga.
Ikemoto is too stupid. At least the bussiness  guys and even Pierrot know how to explore that.

I don't think NaruSaku alone could save Boruto Manga.
The story is bad.
Characters is bad.
Ikemoto is bad.

But at least Naruto's family would have a much better popular Wife/Mother for merchandising and fillers.

They will have SS/NH wrath and still will have to try to revive the NS fandom with a NaruSaku reboot.
This only will bring much more hate and death threats to Kishimoto for an uncertain outcome.
Too much late for that.

It's simply better cancel Boruto and let the series rest, make a proper part 3 removing the kids/open ended or just produce a Naruto anime remake. 

Well he/jump did are paying the price for it.

I don't care how much merchandise they sell of ss I ain't going to buy it and no here would etheir.

Nh or ss which ever he writes I doubt Ikemoto could make any of these ships work. The foundation of the families was always written bad and none of the material be it the movies, manga or spin offs has convinced otherwise regardless of who wrote it.

Oh I agree nothing can save boruto and I don't antanything to, I will laugh if it gets cancelled. Im pretty sure a narusaku timeline would have never produced a boruto like timeline.

Kishimoto and jump should have never just appealed to those fandoms in the first place. The nh fandom has shown to rather be unreliable and ss is too toxic for those outside the shipping them. I'd frankly just ignore death threats or report them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do reboot or create a multiverse by saying any couple can be canon or not happen at all. Heck they can have the road to ninja universe as narusaku oneand just have it as a separate canon from boruto.

#32 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 04:30 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do reboot or create a multiverse by saying any couple can be canon or not happen at all. Heck they can have the road to ninja universe as narusaku oneand just have it as a separate canon from boruto.

About Road to Ninja.

It's funny because at 2023 they are still using RTN Sasuke for merch.

1111.jpg

This image alone caused a War between Sakura and Hinata fandoms in Twitter.

:argh:

22222222222222222.jpg[/ur

Honestly Sasuke x Hinata would be a serious threat to SS/NH at the time. (Unlike the joke SasuKarin because Karin has no fans)
SasuHina could be easily on pair with NaruSaku or even bigger because the entire Uchiha, Hyuugas and dojutsu things.  

You have a lot of Hinata female fans who also thinks Sasuke is better than Naruto like SS fans,wants Sasuke for a "Hinata harem" but only shiped NH because Naruto was the only non-crack option for Hinata. 
Kiba and Neji  were too much insignificant for Hinata fans

Edited by Therece, 09 April 2023 - 05:29 AM.

#33 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 04:58 PM

About Road to Ninja.
It's funny because at 2023 they are still using RTN Sasuke for merch.

1111.jpg

This image alone caused a War between Sakura and Hinata fandoms in Twitter.

:argh:

22222222222222222.jpg[/ur

Honestly Sasuke x Hinata would be a serious threat to SS/NH at the time. (Unlike the joke SasuKarin because Karin has no fans)
SasuHina could be easily on pair with NaruSaku or even bigger because the entire Uchiha, Hyuugas and dojutsu things.  

You have a lot of Hinata female fans who also thinks Sasuke is better than Naruto like SS fans,wants Sasuke for a "Hinata harem" but only shiped NH because Naruto was the only non-crack option for Hinata. 
Kiba and Neji  were too much insignificant for Hinata fans

Well I remember the merch for road to ninja at the time and the sakura of the road to ninja universe hated sasuke. With the audio drama road to charasuke revealed that the run sakura hated sasuke calling charasuke, considered him a playboy and liked mema the naruto of that universe.

Sasuhina is a crack ship they never had a canon interaction speaking to eachother in the boruto movie. With the only interaction in filler with the movie bonds sasuke told her to get lost.

Sasukarin while have quite a lot of problems due to the kage summit arc like ss, has at least stuff to built off. Karin at least has a reason to like sasuke with that chunin exam flashback, something not even ss has with sakura as Kishimoto stated that any reason sounds contrived.

While yes she forgave him was too easy (should of slapped him with their reunion at least), was at least still mad at him and while thw jokes in thw war weren't good at least had some serious moments in 663 and 664. Plus she is also an uzumaki, the same family as naruto.

I don't care how many fans think sasuke is better than naruto for his ship, frankly he has shown to be a rather poor option. Which frankly shows he be better of ether single or if he does have a kid or two better to have a unkown mother not from thw main female cast.

Kiba and neji while not major characters both had alit more interaction and developmwnt with hinata. Plus she herself isn't a major character despite her popularity.

#34 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 07:30 PM

Sasuhina is a crack ship they never had a canon interaction speaking to eachother in the boruto movie. With the only interaction in filler with the movie bonds sasuke told her to get lost.

Still SasuHina is the most popular crackship in fanarts and fics sites.

They easily suparss Canon Couples like MinaKushi, Asuma/Kurenai and Shikamaru/Temari.

Today they are even more popular than NaruSaku.

They just need some interaction in Part 1 or in the War Arc with some Hinata blush or Flashback with Sasuke. If Kishimoto had made Hinata a alternative pairing to Sasuke instead Karin then SS/NH fans would have a serious trouble with SasuHina/NaruSaku combo.

Female Hinata fans really likes SasuHina and easily accept to replace Naruto with Sasuke.

Sasuke rejecting Sakura for Hinata. It's even better than NaruHina who made Hinata looks like a consolation prize.

Kiba/Neji? These character never were a option for Hinata fans.

It's the same for a Sakura fan with Lee.

Sasukarin while have quite a lot of problems due to the kage summit arc like ss, has at least stuff to built off. Karin at least has a reason to like sasuke with that chunin exam flashback, something not even ss has with sakura as Kishimoto stated that any reason sounds contrived.
While yes she forgave him was too easy (should of slapped him with their reunion at least), was at least still mad at him and while thw jokes in thw war weren't good at least had some serious moments in 663 and 664. Plus she is also an uzumaki, the same family as naruto.

Sakura/Hinata were introduced in 1999, while Karin was created as a secondary  character in Sasuke's team at 2008. Sakura and Hinata had almost 10 years to build and consolidate their big fanbases. Karin not.

Sakura and Hinata were relatable for feminine/pairings audience.
Hinata was the cute shy girl and Sakura the romantic pink haired girl who wants to saves her lover.
Karin was just a perverted.

Transform Karin in a Uzumaki so late in the game didn't helped anything. Also hardly any female/ship will like or self insert in this type of female:

kitten.jpg

Karin isn't popular and Kishimoto made sure to ruin her in the War Arc.

Edited by Therece, 10 April 2023 - 05:56 AM.

#35 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 09 April 2023 - 08:19 PM

this dude^ is really about to make me come back full time.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#36 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 11:00 AM

Still SasuHina is the most popular crackship in fanarts and fics sites.
They easily suparss Canon Couples like MinaKushi, Asuma/Kurenai and Shikamaru/Temari.
Today they are even more popular than NaruSaku.
They just need some interaction in Part 1 or in the War Arc with some Hinata blush or Flashback with Sasuke. If Kishimoto had made Hinata a alternative pairing to Sasuke instead Karin then SS/NH fans would have a serious trouble with SasuHina/NaruSaku combo.

Female Hinata fans really likes SasuHina and easily accept to replace Naruto with Sasuke.
Sasuke rejecting Sakura for Hinata. It's even better than NaruHina who made Hinata looks like a consolation prize.
Kiba/Neji? These character never were a option for Hinata fans.
It's the same for a Sakura fan with Lee.

Sakura/Hinata were introduced in 1999, while Karin was created as a secondary  character in Sasuke's team at 2008. Sakura and Hinata had almost 10 years to build and consolidate their big fanbases. Karin not.

Sakura and Hinata were relatable for feminine/pairings audience.
Hinata was the cute shy girl and Sakura the romantic pink haired girl who wants to saves her lover.
Karin was just a perverted.

Transform Karin in a Uzumaki so late in the game didn't helped anything. Also hardly any female/ship will like or self insert in this type of female:

kitten.jpg

Karin isn't popular and Kishimoto made sure to ruin her in the War Arc.

Just because a ship is popular, doesn't mean its good or makes sense. The Naruto franchise is the poor state that its in partly because of the canon couples they chose because they thought its popularity would do well for them, it did not. Self inserting isn't always a good thing and the naruto fandom is proof of that.

Plus frankly I don't think rewriting part 1 and the war arc would make SH anymore believable than the long absence SS had, the only advantageis that it might not be as toxic as SS.

Just because a character was introduced later doesn't mean you should dismiss the character. While yes karin has some aspects of her writting that could use improvement I wouldn't just dissmiss her as just a pervert.

She has shown to be quite intelligent coming up with strategies and escape plans. Plus she is the only love interest to sasuke that is not afraid to openly critise him and leave him when he goes too far, something we never saw with sakura.

While yes not a fan with how she was written in the war execpt for 663 and 664, it was nowhere near as bad as sakura when it came to sasuke. At least karin was still mad and hadn't fully forgiven sasuke.

#37 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 01:10 AM

Plus frankly I don't think rewriting part 1 and the war arc would make SH anymore believable than the long absence SS had, the only advantageis that it might not be as toxic as SS.

Just because a character was introduced later doesn't mean you should dismiss the character. While yes karin has some aspects of her writting that could use improvement I wouldn't just dissmiss her as just a pervert.

She has shown to be quite intelligent coming up with strategies and escape plans. Plus she is the only love interest to sasuke that is not afraid to openly critise him and leave him when he goes too far, something we never saw with sakura.

While yes not a fan with how she was written in the war execpt for 663 and 664, it was nowhere near as bad as sakura when it came to sasuke. At least karin was still mad and hadn't fully forgiven sasuke.

Honestly SasuKarin is a thousand times worse  than SasuSaku.
Sasuke/Sakura actually have a lot of chesmitery back in Part 1, when Sasuke isn't a kitten in Part 2 and as a adults.
If Sakura was a fangirl. Karin was a very worst perverted version of Sakura.
Karin have zero story/chesmitery with Sasuke and her disguting perveted side only made the public dislikes or ignores her.
The few people who likes this thing is only because the Karin Uzumaki genes or are Sakura's haters.

The reason why Hinata fans despise NaruSaku is because Hinata ends Alone, Rejected or with a Random character.  SasuHina doesn't have  SS/SK  problems, have Hyuuga/Uchihas together, Hinata isn't a silver medal and is even more good looking/hot than SS. Sakura's fans from SS side eventually would accept NaruSaku.  Just a wasted opportunity for Kishimoto go to SasuHina/NaruSaku route.

Just because a ship is popular, doesn't mean its good or makes sense. The Naruto franchise is the poor state that its in partly because of the canon couples they chose because they thought its popularity would do well for them, it did not. Self inserting isn't always a good thing and the naruto fandom is proof of that.

Sakura is the perfect stereotype of a shoujo girl  in Naruto Manga.
Sasuke is the Badass/broken/Dark Character that is even more interesting than  Naruto. Chapter 181 until today is remembered as the most Shoujo thing in the manga. Even the few Sakura Fans from NaruSaku Side agree that SS looks "hot" together and now are multi shipping SS inside SS fandom. (Minus Chatte or lady gt)

When SS become official  Sakura managed to get her objective and at the same time "save" Sasuke.  (Yeah. SS fans totally ignores Naruto)
Thats why Sakura is more popular than ever. She  is achieving higher rankings than she has never achieved before. (Kishimoto said Sakura wasn’t popular in Japan according what some people told him before 2012). Now she is TOP 3 in a global poll with real chances to got 1 and She Won as the best fight in the franchise.

Now have a shoujo Girl and couple as the most popular things in a Shonen franchise is bad or Good?   Probably bad since the original public was young boys. But SS managed to outshine everything.

I don't know if Kishimoto was stupid enough to consider Karin as Sarada's mother and humiliate his main Heroine as a adoptive mother from a Sasuke's child that isnt hers . But back in Sarada Gaiden, editors received thousands of  death threats from SS fans in less than two weeks and Kishi was forced to make Sakura and Sarada biological mother and daughter. He has to give a lot of more Sakura's features to Sarada otherwise SS/Sakura fans claimed they will burn Naruto manga and never buy anything related to Naruto again.  Sarada is now  Sakura 2.0 with Sharingan and some Katons withiout  sakura's flaws

Edited by Therece, 13 April 2023 - 05:59 AM.

#38 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 10:37 PM

Honestly SasuKarin is a thousand times worse  than SasuSaku.
Sasuke/Sakura actually have a lot of chesmitery back in Part 1, when Sasuke isn't a kitten in Part 2 and as a adults.
If Sakura was a fangirl. Karin was a very worst perverted version of Sakura.
Karin have zero story/chesmitery with Sasuke and her disguting perveted side only made the public dislikes or ignores her.
The few people who likes this thing is only because the Karin Uzumaki genes or are Sakura's haters.

The reason why Hinata fans despise NaruSaku is because Hinata ends Alone, Rejected or with a Random character.  SasuHina doesn't have  SS/SK  problems, have Hyuuga/Uchihas together, Hinata isn't a silver medal and is even more good looking/hot than SS. Sakura's fans from SS side eventually would accept NaruSaku.  Just a wasted opportunity for Kishimoto go to SasuHina/NaruSaku route.

Sakura is the perfect stereotype of a shoujo girl  in Naruto Manga.
Sasuke is the Badass/broken/Dark Character that is even more interesting than  Naruto. Chapter 181 until today is remembered as the most Shoujo thing in the manga. Even the few Sakura Fans from NaruSaku Side agree that SS looks "hot" together and now are multi shipping SS inside SS fandom. (Minus Chatte or lady gt)

When SS become official  Sakura managed to get her objective and at the same time "save" Sasuke.  (Yeah. SS fans totally ignores Naruto)
Thats why Sakura is more popular than ever. She  is achieving higher rankings than she has never achieved before. (Kishimoto said Sakura wasn’t popular in Japan according what some people told him before 2012). Now she is TOP 3 in a global poll with real chances to got 1 and She Won as the best fight in the franchise.

Now have a shoujo Girl and couple as the most popular things in a Shonen franchise is bad or Good?   Probably bad since the original public was young boys. But SS managed to outshine everything.

I don't know if Kishimoto was stupid enough to consider Karin as Sarada's mother and humiliate his main Heroine as a adoptive mother from a Sasuke's child that isnt hers . But back in Sarada Gaiden, editors received thousands of  death threats from SS fans in less than two weeks and Kishi was forced to make Sakura and Sarada biological mother and daughter. He has to give a lot of more Sakura's features to Sarada otherwise SS/Sakura fans claimed they will burn Naruto manga and never buy anything related to Naruto again.  Sarada is now  Sakura 2.0 with Sharingan and some Katons withiout  sakura's flaws

Not really SasuSaku is just as problematic or even worse than SasuKarin. Just because SasuSaku had a few good moments in part 1 does not excuse all the negative development they have in part 2 and in some cases part 1. While Karin has shown to be more open pervy than sakura, she has also shown alot more level headness when it comes her feelings for sasuke by just wanting him happy or move away from him when he goes full pycho. 

Those who ship SK don't just ship her for being an uzumaki or hate sakura, many shipped her with him because she more open and acted like herself around compared to sakura who acts like a fangirl, not afraid to criticize and similar backstories of being survivors.

If that's the reason then they are pathetic, hinata can easily be with some minor character or random guy and be happy or even single. Heck a better story for her to step and proof herself worty of leading her clan and changing it for the better. You will probably find that SS and NH fans would be angry that their ships didn't become regardless of who Sakura, Naruto, Sasuke and Hinata ended up with. Heck I have seen plenty of SS fans trash SasuHina as a crack ship.

Sakura is also more of a standard shonen heroine tsundere that gets mad at the protagonist and grows more fond of him as time goes on. Frankly I find Sasuke writing to be too inconsistent to be interesting and frankly takes too much spotlight from other characters, something you will find other on the site threads saying and other places. While you might find a few NS fans multi shipping SS and vice versa, you will find that many NS fans still hate SasuSaku and rather have no ships of Sakura be canon than have SS canon. Heck all the more if sakura gets a much better character arc or growth. 

Sakura never saved Sasuke, that was more itachi, harashirama and naruto. While yes her original goal was to get in a relationship with sasuke, it evolved more of fighting alongside her teammates and getting them back together as a team. Plus frankly the end goal of her should never be about getting with sasuke, with the way most of the manga was written was a love triangle similar to slam dunk where the girl likes the one guy who doesn't return her feelings but slowly over time realize she actually likes the other guy who likes.

She is not solely popular because of SS. You will find that people outside the ss fandom voted for Sakura for various reasons. Some like NaruSaku, multi shippers or just fans in general voted for her to show the haters that she was well liked, get her in the top 5/10 or see if there was a chance that she could get the one shot and show her training with tsunade. Heck some were reluctant to vote for her because they thought of the risk of being another bad ss fic, though given Kishimoto's announcement that Minato's jutsu is the focus it would of been a good chance of the 100 seal training. Besides that some female fans voted for her that she had the best chance among the female cast of winning and some voted because it would have annoyed those that hate her.

SasuSaku is bad and the fact that a shonen manga is trying to be shoujo isn't doing it any favors and many people still hate the ship and consider its writing to be bad not just NS fans. Heck female characters in jump can still be popular without ships, just look at rukia and Nami. Rukia despite not getting with ichigo is still one of the most beloved female bleach characters and Nami doesn't look like she will be with anyone, but she will still be popular regardless.

Sending death threats is pathetic no matter which fandom, heck I wouldn't even send them writers I dislike like dan slott or J.K.Rowling. Frankly sadar does look more like an SK kid to me and wouldn't be surprised if that was originally the case. While I know how angry ss fans were, whether that affected the production of gaiden remains skeptical. Mostly because it was a 10 chapter manga planned to tie into the boruto movie that was coming out that year. Sadara I find overrated and not much has been done with her charcter after gaiden.

#39 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 24 July 2023 - 07:03 PM

I updated the character notes post with stuff from the end of part one and the two side manga.

I had forgotten Therece and Blue turned this into a SS debate thread for some reason.

The funny thing is that Salad is just pairing fodder now, as shown by the end of part one. Her goal of becoming Hokage is unimportant to the plot. What is important is, she loves Bolt, immune to Hime's Omnipotence power, and she got her Daddy to train Bolt.

Her goal of becoming Hokage is something the manga has never cared about.

As for SS, Edo Tensei, and half of Boruto fanbase is not that impressive.

Just for a heads up. This is a Boruto character discussion topic not an SS pairing topic. Normally, I don't do this. But, any further discussion of SS that does not relate to Boruto. I will report and hope the mods will be kind enough to delete. If people want to debate & discuss SS. Make a topic for it already.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 July 2023 - 08:23 PM.

#40 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 12:00 AM

Was never my intention, though with thearce most threads up being the case

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users