Close
Photo

Fan-fic writers and readers how do you feel about NaruSaku "affair" fics?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:27 AM

For writers, everything has been done under the sun. Every story. Every trope. Every character. They have all been written into oblivion. An affair could be creatively lazy, but it doesn't have to be. It depends on one matter - execution. Like Nate said, writer bias will probably play a role. A NaruSaku shipper will more than likely do characters injustice. They might spin the web to try and justify that the affair is correct without fault to Naruto or Sakura; however, in the right hands that doesn't have to be the case. But it will more than likely be the case.

The challenge in writing comes from being emotionally involved with your characters and not being emotionally involved at the same time. It sounds oxymoronic but it isn't, I promise. An author has to understand the psyche of their character while also being able to make plot choices based on the good of the story, not the good of the character. I can't tell you how many times I have been given a story meant to be dark in some fashion, only for the author to have gotten so attached to their character that they abandon the story's integrity for the perfect ending with all loose ends tied up, etc.  

I wholeheartedly agree with this. 

As a reader, I personally think affair fics are really enticing when done well! One author who writes HHr is writing a spectacular fanfic. It's one of my favorite fics actually. 

They can definitely be creative, but yeah, a lot of authors try to justify the affair by having the other partner have an affair as well. Those type of fics get repetitive in fanfiction. 

As a writer, I personally don't feel comfortable writing an affair fic. I've thought about writing one just for the sake of writing one, however I simply would not feel comfortable and morally right if I were to write one.  

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#22 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

I'm working on it.  Every day it's a little easier.  I'm usually not on board with denial, but in this case I cannot accept the reality (emotionally or intellectually) so I don't have much choice.

As for an affair fic, no.  Cheating is an extremely damaging betrayal.  It strikes at the core of commitment, not just between married couples but to children.  No.  It would violate everything Naruto (the character) is about to have him cheating, and thanks to Kishimoto we've already had enough violation of Naruto's character.   :down:

Just to make it sure, and I know what I just said will feel like a real bad thing to say, but actually it won't. Everybody have the potential, in the right set up to have an affair, it is sometime a stupid mistake, sometime multiple episode. Yeah it damage most character but that is what affair does in the 1st lace. Nobody is preset to have one. I mean nobody is safe from it, which is a sad reality.

Things like not being happy in a couple, being mistreat by your boy/girlfriend, being distance to your partner, being force to a relationship, having make a mistake in your partner choice, never seeing your partner just increase the chance from happening. And after seeing 700, I feel bad for the kid, but those couple made having an affair is quite possible and would still be kind of human in real life. I don't say it the best thing to do, but it could happen the way they portray NH and SS. If I were to do a affair fanfic, I couldn't bring myself to break the kid so no kid involve, that scar you for life and what's sad is that they might repeat the behavior :( . GOD damn it why I'M doing psychology here :P.

The affair fanfic between NS, what would be the reason. Will it be out of love for each other, if it happen will they kept it a secret for long or being straight right after the 1st time they cheat, will it be just physical, for the sex, for reliving themselves out of stress, for closure, were they drunk etc. Depending on the fic, it might not damage the character as much as you thought. Nobody like affair, me include. But sometime, it might start a relationship sooner than your thought when you made a mistake. Everyone got his 1st boyfriend/girlfriend and we definitely have repress feeling on NS side and both NH and SS come out of no where and we have an idea of the dynamic of both couple. I understand why people see a potential in an affair fic, you've got all the ingredients.

#23 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

Seduce My Wife! from Narf-for-the-garthoc (

spoilers:

spoilers

Sasuke's reason make him about just as big of an *sshole as in the manga but it's a good read

PS: I hope posting a link to an authors page isn't against the rules if he's written M rated fics.

I didn't post a link to the story directly for that exact reason.

Edited by Torxe, 14 November 2014 - 08:55 AM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#24 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

I might accept this kind of story: Hinata dies and Sakura divorces Sasuke. Naruto and Sakura go out on dates they realize they love each other and get married.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 14 November 2014 - 07:30 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#25 SuperSilverStar

SuperSilverStar

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:23 AM

Well, I just read the first NS "affair" fic that is depicted in Post-Chapter 700. It's written in Spanish and it's a mature work so I won't link the title or anything like that but just reading that makes all those criticisms about affair fics found in thread so true. To me, I don't want to see NS in that sort of predicament. It's a situation where it's just morally wrong to support anything like infidelity. It degrades both characters, in my opinion, to be doing things like that. Hopefully, I don't some of our NS authors writing stuff like this because honestly, I don't see an author who can portray this sort of story in a positive and meaningful way.

#26 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

Affair fics are my guilty pleasure. Any story that starts off NaruHina(SasuSaku completely optional) that ends in NaruSaku gets a read from me.

So uh, if anyone has any to recommend that would be great and appreciated!

#27 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

I usually don't really like affair fics and I avoided them before. I only read Seduce My Wife, as Torxe mentioned and I liked it because the plot was fun, but it hurt a bit knowing that Sakura was married to Sasuke. I used to think it was so unrealistic that she was with Sasuke so that's probably why that wasn't my favorite fic ever. Ah I was so innocent back then!

But anyway after I read the last chapters, I say go affair fics! Mainly because I can't see Naruto and Sakura interacting again without any kind of tension left. But yeah, I still prefer AU ending fics where everything ends as it should have been and we ignore those feeling Naruto got out of the blue for Hinata.

#28 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:my interests? well, they are ever evolving as life goes on.

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

Affair fics? Big no-no for me. I am a Christian, so I am strongly against affairs or any adultery of the like. It's also just plain wrong. It tears families apart. If you are married, stay with him/her or get a divorce. I would also think it would be incredibly OOC for Naruto. Whether he loves Hinata or not, he would still stay loyal to her, not have an affair, since they are married.
rsz_photo_1_zps7fb3fb6d.jpg

do you wanna build a snowman?  
{ i would love to meet you! }

#29 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

I usually hate affairs but in case of this NARUTO manga I don't mind. The reason why is because the relationships of the main couples are already portrayed in a very ugly manner, that to me, it's like adding an extra sugar to a cake. In the canon version, I don't see Naruto or Sasuke committed to their wife. If Naruto doesn't interact with his wife, drink alcohol at work, have an unhealthy obsession, neglects his child, and is seen as miserable, what bad can adding an affair to his resume do? He already doesn't look committed to his wife, and the girl he's loved all his life is lonely, that there's a certain potential out there.

Naruto until chapter 698 would not have been involved in an affair. But that's because he would have married Sakura.
Naruto in 700, why the hell not? A man that has the characteristics of Naruto in chapter 700 are known to have them.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#30 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

uh.. naruto just doesn't seem like that kinda guy.. if he did accept hinata as his wife, then chances of him cheating are very, very low.. He is loyal to a fault, and if he does something like this, he will be overtaken by guilt..

If someone does want to write such a fic, he will have to pace it slow.. and tackle all the problems that come with such an idea.

the idea has merit, and it is just the fact that the idea of indfedility done by a character of high morals such as enaruto that i find a tad repulsive.
6r1oag.jpg

#31 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:56 AM

I got around to writing one if anyone is interested

http://www.narusaku....showtopic=14987

#32 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

Here's my opinion now on affair fics: 'They kittened our pairing over, let's kitten theirs over as well.'

#33 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:51 PM

I'm not in favor of it because it would seem so OOC for Naruto or Sakura. They're not the bad boy/bad girl type who would just go off and do what they wanted to do, regardless of their situation. 

Instead, I could see Naruto and Sakura keeping a stiff upper lip about it, being sad for themselves but hiding it for their partner's sake, or being sad to see the other one in their new relationship but still hiding their feelings and trying to make the best of it.

I don't see a lot of drama, just heartache.

#34 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

Instead, I could see Naruto and Sakura keeping a stiff upper lip about it, being sad for themselves but hiding it for their partner's sake, or being sad to see the other one in their new relationship but still hiding their feelings and trying to make the best of it.

Well, at least Sakura would have the consistent privacy to cry into her pillow at night since Sasuke wouldn't be there.  He'd be out roaming, doing exactly whatever he pleases.

Sigh.

#35 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:25 AM

^ Ha. Sasuke, the eternal nomad. Because, y'know, aimlessly wandering around is so much better than spending time with your wife and daughter. Yup.

Edited by Win-chan, 26 February 2015 - 08:25 AM.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#36 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

I'm not in favor of it because it would seem so OOC for Naruto or Sakura. They're not the bad boy/bad girl type who would just go off and do what they wanted to do, regardless of their situation. 

I don't see a lot of drama, just heartache.

I think they'd try hiding it, but especially for Naruto it'd be difficult. He is not good at hiding his feelings or lying, and he doesn't like it either. I think he wants to be fair to Hinata, but the kids keep them together still. But there must be a limit to how much they can bottle up their feelings. They might pop one day, and Sai, Ino, and maybe Shikamaru will be the first to notice something is wrong.

I usually hate affairs but in case of this NARUTO manga I don't mind. The reason why is because the relationships of the main couples are already portrayed in a very ugly manner, that to me, it's like adding an extra sugar to a cake. In the canon version, I don't see Naruto or Sasuke committed to their wife. If Naruto doesn't interact with his wife, drink alcohol at work, have an unhealthy obsession, neglects his child, and is seen as miserable, what bad can adding an affair to his resume do? He already doesn't look committed to his wife, and the girl he's loved all his life is lonely, that there's a certain potential out there.

Naruto until chapter 698 would not have been involved in an affair. But that's because he would have married Sakura.
Naruto in 700, why the hell not? A man that has the characteristics of Naruto in chapter 700 are known to have them.

But isn't the point of fanfics to fix the characters that were ruined? :P I personally wouldn't read a fic where they all act like their 700-selves, unless it's on the purpose so they can gradually change for the better.

ナルサク

#37 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

You lot are treating this as if it would be a real life situation. It is a work of fiction, those affair stories and they want to reflect reality.

Key words:reflect, reality.

The author is dejected by the disastrous yet understandable ending from a neutral point of view, of course they couldn't care less about that so what will their first resort be?

Fan-fiction. Be it affairs or young love stories, the author finds their "ending" in those and that's why there are so many stories like that.

In my opinion, those are fine if you are still hurt over the ending and now, let's be honest; how can you stay faithful to someone you don't even know, let alone love?

I'm not going to turn this into a pro-ns argument so I'll keep it short. We read affair fics for their depiction of NS post-ending. Seriously, those two...

Anyway. It all matters based on your views and opinions so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Tony Blu, 21 April 2015 - 01:00 AM.

#38 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:03 AM

If the writer can pull it off then shout out to them but..I am someone who is  highly against cheating of any form, even if I truly dislike someone or a character Im not going to hope said character gets cheated upon.

Now if Sakura, Naruto, Hinata and Sasuke all agree on forming a relationship together I am all for that.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#39 One Piece Nation

One Piece Nation

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:35 PM

I love them

"It’s wrong to resent a child for the sins of his father.” -Edward Newgate “Whitebeard” (One Piece).

#40 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:35 PM

I enjoy NaruSaku affair fics. But at the same time I don't. Idk.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users