#301 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

Really, there were times when his two wards were too predictable. It happened the last 400 ( a minor exaggeration, it was only 250...) times that people applied for the job. However those applicants either wanted A) A 'piece of those hot waitresses' and were swiftly answered with a boot up their asses or B) just were not capable of handling the Bar's random and unique events...such as Clown Convention of '07...ahh, lost a fine young drink mixer that year. Well, two..or three can play that game. Making a nigh discernible wink at Echo and turning his back to the girls, he whispered, "Play along," to Echo

Louder, he began, "Well, you're a fine young woman....." He put his arm around her and continued, "Let's move to my bedroom/office to discuss...a proposition." He led her to his bedroom and closed the door, just standing with his arms crossed.

#302 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

I watched as everyone but Ferrumo and I walked away from the table, and I glanced over at him a little shyly and nervously, as it was only the two of us alone now.

"Um...so Ferru...it is alright if I call you that...right? Um...so...can I ask what brought you all the way out here to this side of the Sky Empire," I asked, half stumbling over my words, as I had never been really good with making conversation.

#303 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

The minute everyone aside from Raven took off to what I assumed would best not include me, I got a heaping load of stew in a bowl and some of the pasta and roast on a plate. I took a few bites, hardly chewing before swallowing. I at least had the decency to look the other way to avoid having Raven stare in shock.

"Man that beats military rations..." I let out a sigh of satisfaction. Yeah...far better than being stuck in the forests of Vierran territory for several weeks while trying to pinpoint the enemy snipers within the high ground and living off snakes, mushrooms, and bitter fruit.

Far better...

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 18 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I watched as everyone but Ferrumo and I walked away from the table, and I glanced over at him a little shyly and nervously, as it was only the two of us alone now.

"Um...so Ferru...it is alright if I call you that...right? Um...so...can I ask what brought you all the way out here to this side of the Sky Empire," I asked, half stumbling over my words, as I had never been really good with making conversation.

I cleaned off my face with a rag before smiling, "Heh, sure. I've had tons of nicknames given to me. Sharpshooter, Lieutenant Lax...er..." I nodded, "Sure, I can settle with Ferru just fine. Whatever helps you remember me."

I kept my grin on my face as I studied her face for a moment, wondering if she seemed trustworthy enough for the answer to her other question. I think she wasn't working for the Empire...so...

"I'm on a break from military work. I'm..." I looked around a bit, "I'm a Field Major for the Republic's Stealth Ops forces. I've been doing too much of a good job lately; my superiors were thinking I wasn't taking time to relax once in awhile. Honestly, they were just overreacting, but no problem with me. I could use a break. Aside from that fact..." I tapped my chin, "I think I may stay for a while...Jyuuki and I were...close friends a few years back...and by close friends I mean um...well, you get the idea."

I chuckled a bit before continuing, "I might call up headquarters and tell them I'm taking a long-term leave from service to 'monitor' this sector. It seems safe enough for me, and I can check over the Empire's activity's around here." I rested the back of my head on my arms as I turned to face her, "If you don't mind me asking...how did you end up out in the boonies?"

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#304 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 18 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really, there were times when his two wards were too predictable. It happened the last 400 ( a minor exaggeration, it was only 250...) times that people applied for the job. However those applicants either wanted A) A 'piece of those hot waitresses' and were swiftly answered with a boot up their asses or B) just were not capable of handling the Bar's random and unique events...such as Clown Convention of '07...ahh, lost a fine young drink mixer that year. Well, two..or three can play that game. Making a nigh discernible wink at Echo and turning his back to the girls, he whispered, "Play along," to Echo

Louder, he began, "Well, you're a fine young woman....." He put his arm around her and continued, "Let's move to my bedroom/office to discuss...a proposition." He led her to his bedroom and closed the door, just standing with his arms crossed.

Echo wanted to laugh. Really, this was FAR too amusing! But if she laughed, it would be ruined. At least, that's what she thought. Instead, she merely chuckled, a low, inviting sound and nodded. "But of course... Cid, was it? I understand.. Completely."

With a soft sigh and noticeable smirk, she's able to say one thing before he shuts the door.

"I was actually hoping that we could discuss things... Privately." Oh, she really wanted to laugh. Again. That would ruin it! And she hadn't done this... Well. In years! Echo forgot how fun these sorts of things were. ♥

#305 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Jan 18 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rested the back of my head on my arms as I turned to face her, "If you don't mind me asking...how did you end up out in the boonies?"

I was about to take a spoonful of stew as Ferru told me his story, when he asked me how I had ended up out here.

I slowly lowered my spoon, and rested it back in my bowl, before looking off and to the side, so that my tear-misted eyes would not be seen by him.

"Because you trusted me enough to tell me about yourself, I'll also tell you my story. I was...am...a Sky Pirate. I was a crew member of the great Captain Jack Redbeard. He was...is...my father. Not my real father, as I am Elvaan and he is Hume, but he might as well be my real dad, as he took me in and cared for me after my parents were killed when I was 10. He raised me...he and the rest of our pirate crew...and showed me all the skills to being a great Sky Pirate. But...not that many months ago, he got tangled up with the Pirate Mafia in a shady deal gone bad. The Pirate Mafia they...they...attack and killed off half of our crew...my family...I ran...I didn't want to! I wanted to stay by my father's side, and help him fight! But he...he told me to run...he said that he could not...would not...allow his precious daughter to be killed over a huge mistake that he had made, by trusting the Pirate Mafia. And so I ran...I ran and ran and ran...and I didn't stop running until I somehow found myself here, being chased down by agents of the Pirate Mafia's Don. I was saved though...by Jyu, and Shin, and Cid...they saved my life...they didn't even know who I was...didn't even know my name, yet they still put themselves in harm's way to help me. And that's why I'm here now...eating this wonderful food prepared by you, and surrounded by people who make me feel happy like I used when I was with my pirate crew family. I don't know if my father is still alive...somewhere out there...but I vow to find him again someday soon! I can never rest until I know that he's alright. But until then...until the time that I can find him...find some kind of evidence that he's still alive out there somewhere...I want to stay here...with Jyu, Shin, Cid, and even the new lady Echo, and you Ferru. It's funny," I said with a light laugh, as I finally turned back towards Ferru, and gave him a soft, happy smile.

"You remind me of someone I used to know on my pirate ship. He was like my big brother. He taught me everything that I needed to know about being a great pirate. He was always there for me...he looked out for me, and cared for me like a real big brother would...I miss him...I don't know if he survived the Pirate Mafia attack either, and he's also another very important person to me, whom I one day hope to find as well. But you remind me so much of him, Ferru...I hope that that doesn't seem a little weird to you," I said, with a slightly embarrassed smile.

#306 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Jan 18 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Having fun?" I mouthed a simple question to Jyuuki, and so it seemed the thief within me was breaking out again. A simple steakout before the frontial attack on my target - this silence was beckoning, my breath was steady but the only thing I was missing was my dagger. And then it would be perfect.

Let's just hope the old man doesn't catch us.

GAH!?, my muscles would've shouted if they knew the language-- so instead they just jumped underneath my skin as Shihna's barely whispered voice hit my ear (I wasn't surprised, or caught off guard. PSH. The situation was just fragile! Yes. Shut up.) My hand slapped over Shihn's mouth and a finger shot to my lips. "Shhhhhhh!" Wide-eyed, I harshly whispered to her, before peeking around the corner and a sigh of relief left me. They hadn't noticed, gawd that was close. I looked back and let my hand drop, before composing myself, looking all suspicious. Ninja-mode dur. "Shihn, this isn't fun, this is work! I gotta get my paws on that promotion-- or at least let that old fart know I'm interested in it, and he totally blew it out of proportions, talking about dying and ugh what a drama queen. That said! I'm just doing recon for-- uh, to see if Echo...uh, is treated... fairly. Yeah and--"

I cut my awesome reasoning to justify my actions and we watched with wide eyes as Cid took the suddenly real life sex panther to his room. TO HIS ROOM. ROOM. WHERE MANY TYPES OF FURNITURE IS. FOR THINGS TO DO ON. BAD THINGS (IF THEY INVOLVED CID).

PANIC TIME.

"Oh my gawd! Lookit that! Didya see that!? Ho-kitten, Shihn, it's happening! Captain Dry Well is proving to us that his libido isn't lost in the tides of time and oh my gawd he locked it." I freaked my face off because this was all types of wrong. I didn't know whether be excite at the prospect of blackmail or be scared for Echo because seriously ew. I shuddered thinking about the latter and hoped that I could get kid-friendly blackmail.

I lifted two gloved fingers and pointed them to my eyes then pointed down the hall towards Cid's closed door. The wordless sign to get our asses down there. I lead the way, crouching down on our haunches and ninja-crawled to our destination. Bedroom, bedroom, bedroom-- hurgh, gross-- Cid's bedroom-- hurgh' I scowled and bit my lip as soon as we got to the door, smacked my back against the door's surface, and smashed my dangerously curious ear to the door. Oh gawd, this is just too good. "Shihn! Didya hear that? A proposition..." I shoved a hand to my mouth to stop my combination of a gasp, scream, gag, and laugh. "Holy crap, privately she said. Oh my gawd, what the hell's going on-- is she one of those geisha women that tried to seduce the old man last time? Oh gawd, this is so gross. And it should be considered illegal because Cid and Echo? Gah the images, they're molesting my brain. Make it stop. Hurgh, I need a bucket." I rambled to myself looking wildly at Shihna. My hands stayed on my mouth as I pressed my ear harder against the door. "Shih...we gotta get in there."

#307 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 18 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Shhhhhhh!" Wide-eyed, I harshly whispered to her, before peeking around the corner and a sigh of relief left me. They hadn't noticed, gawd that was close. I looked back and let my hand drop, before composing myself, looking all suspicious. Ninja-mode dur. "Shihn, this isn't fun, this is work! I gotta get my paws on that promotion-- or at least let that old fart know I'm interested in it, and he totally blew it out of proportions, talking about dying and ugh what a drama queen. That said! I'm just doing recon for-- uh, to see if Echo...uh, is treated... fairly. Yeah and--"

Eyes narrowing, I glared at Jyuuki before I let out a whisper of my own. So, it was true. Jyuuki was really aiming for this promotion to co-owner... but it looked like she couldn't notice the facts; after all the psychotic crap we've done, it'll take a contest for Cid to decide this. My loosened hair curtained my body as my younger blood continued to kick in, posture and features converting back to that so-called Thief-ian mode. "Work you say? Seeing if Echo is treated fairly? You know for a fact that Cid is going to give her the position of a bartender or a waitress--- he did the same with us. No matter how well we were at managing--"

Silencing myself nearly at the same time as Jyuuki, I could only stare agape at the 'performance' Cid had just given us. Couldn't help but ask myself if I was seeing things or if Cid and Echo were actually serious. Did the old man lie and keep this sultry secret hidden from us for so long?! And just decided among himself that it was time to show the world that even he was able to get a girl?! I could've sworn I felt a twitch from my body as he closed the door --- no seriously, he closed the door LIKE THAT.

Who in the world would do something so... so.... so... RIDICULOUS at a time like this? Especially when there were guests in here? Sure, we were all living together but atleast we had some common sense.

So if this was the case...

FEAR. I SAY, FEAR.

"Oh my gawd! Lookit that! Didya see that!? Ho-kitten, Shihn, it's happening! Captain Dry Well is proving to us that his libido isn't lost in the tides of time and oh my gawd he locked it." I freaked my face off because this was all types of wrong. I didn't know whether be excite at the prospect of blackmail or be scared for Echo because seriously ew. I shuddered thinking about the latter and hoped that I could get kid-friendly blackmail.

"I saw it... and I reaaaaalllly don't want to believe it! He put his arm around her, and she accepted it! When the hell was all of this goin' on?!" I couldn't believe any of this was happening because it was passed the levels of just plain wrong. I mean, we could use this discovery against him but seriously... this oddly brought a sick feeling to my stomach. Ew, just ew. Feeling the chills overcome me, this was some serious stuff!

What the hell was going on, man?!

I lifted two gloved fingers and pointed them to my eyes then pointed down the hall towards Cid's closed door. The wordless sign to get our asses down there. I lead the way, crouching down on our haunches and ninja-crawled to our destination. Bedroom, bedroom, bedroom-- hurgh, gross-- Cid's bedroom-- hurgh' I scowled and bit my lip as soon as we got to the door, smacked my back against the door's surface, and smashed my dangerously curious ear to the door. Oh gawd, this is just too good. "Shihn! Didya hear that? A proposition..." I shoved a hand to my mouth to stop my combination of a gasp, scream, gag, and laugh. "Holy crap, privately she said. Oh my gawd, what the hell's going on-- is she one of those geisha women that tried to seduce the old man last time? Oh gawd, this is so gross. And it should be considered illegal because Cid and Echo? Gah the images, they're molesting my brain. Make it stop. Hurgh, I need a bucket." I rambled to myself looking wildly at Shihna. My hands stayed on my mouth as I pressed my ear harder against the door.

A proposition? You have got to be kidding me! Mashing my ears against this probably tainted door (oh goddess, this was seriously gross... Cid's bedroom.), and the curiosity continued to kill me. Just listening to them both frightened and freaked me out as I attempted to hide my muffled words, anymore of this and I'd probably break out in a fit of laughter and a mixture of random screams. "Ohmigawd, if she's not one of those Geishas, then is she one of those girls who are into Old Men with pissy attitudes or--- crap. I-I need to shut up. The thoughts and images are going to start burning in my head... was he hiding Echo from us or something?! Oh god. Stop it, stupid mind." I replied, keeping my disturbed gaze towards Jyuuki, only glancing back at the door every few seconds. No matter how hard I wanted to leave it be, I just couldn't. This mission was nowhere near over, even though it was sickeningly gross.

This was simply crazy, and my wandering mind wouldn't leave me the hell alone!

"Shih...we gotta get in there."

"...Of course we have to get in there. Everything they're going on about, who knows what else is at risk, Jyuu...!"
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#308 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:29 AM

(OOC: Girls, I'm glad you decided to play along and not actually figure out Cid and Echo were yanking your chain.)

He covered up his snicker, "Honestly, every applicant that passed through here since those two were always watched by the girls. I rile them up once in awhile. So, while we're waiting for them to stand next to the door, what else can you do besides mix drinks? Can you keep those two in line?" He whispered to Echo, they were dealing with a ninja and a thief after all.

#309 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 18 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(OOC: Girls, I'm glad you decided to play along and not actually figure out Cid and Echo were yanking your chain.)

He covered up his snicker, "Honestly, every applicant that passed through here since those two were always watched by the girls. I rile them up once in awhile. So, while we're waiting for them to stand next to the door, what else can you do besides mix drinks? Can you keep those two in line?" He whispered to Echo, they were dealing with a ninja and a thief after all.

"I can damn well try," Echo murmurs in reply, a wide, amused grin on her face. She makes sure to keep her voice down, as this was really quite fun. Or maybe she was just evil. Well, if she was evil, he was too. "That ninja-girl seems quite.. Energetic. It might be difficult, but I'm sure I could manage." She smiles, glancing towards the closed door.

"What else would you need me to do?"

#310 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:46 AM

"Well, I dunno, seems like that Raven girl needs toughening up. This place gets rough almost all the time, even during the family hours. Between you, Shinha, and Jyuu, she'd be a warrior in no time. And make sure that no kitten happens between Ninja Brat and that boyfriend of hers, do that and you'll be the day shift manager. Now, we gotta wait until they're in front of the door." He made a devilish smirk.

#311 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Jan 18 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"...Of course we have to get in there. Everything they're going on about, who knows what else is at risk, Jyuu...!"

"...DEMOTIONS." My lips worded, silently, too wide-eyed and too caught off guard by the possibilities. Seriously, if Cid ever found an employee he liked knockin (brave brave [goddesses help her]) boots with, all of the rest of us would be screwed-- we're not about to go the distance and more just to get an A for conduct or alittle more money in our pockets (yes even I had standards).

I looked back at the door, hearing mumbles and whispers and oh my gawd are they woo-ing eachother? If so, then what the worst senario was happening right behind our ears.

...This is SO bad.

I whirled my head around looking for any possible solutions, and I just right out gasped when my eyes landed on the passage of enlightment (no, for real this was a Code Red)--

A vent duct.

"YES! I scream-whispered my cheer, punching the air and stood pointing excitedly up to the vent duct's screen cover. Thank goddesses for those things, it was always like heaven opening up for Shihna and I, because it was our only solution to getting in the Cave of the Old Man Sweat and Noises That Would Make Anyone Donate Their Libidos to the Church. That and it had always helped with boring afternoons-- I mean, when I trained my ninja skills. Duh.

"Shihn!" I motioned with both arms before patting my own shoulders, standing directly underneath our inanimate savior, "Gimme a boost!"

#312 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 18 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Because you trusted me enough to tell me about yourself, I'll also tell you my story. I was...am...a Sky Pirate. I was a crew member of the great Captain Jack Redbeard. He was...is...my father. Not my real father, as I am Elvaan and he is Hume, but he might as well be my real dad, as he took me in and cared for me after my parents were killed when I was 10. He raised me...he and the rest of our pirate crew...and showed me all the skills to being a great Sky Pirate. But...not that many months ago, he got tangled up with the Pirate Mafia in a shady deal gone bad. The Pirate Mafia they...they...attack and killed off half of our crew...my family...I ran...I didn't want to! I wanted to stay by my father's side, and help him fight! But he...he told me to run...he said that he could not...would not...allow his precious daughter to be killed over a huge mistake that he had made, by trusting the Pirate Mafia. And so I ran...I ran and ran and ran...and I didn't stop running until I somehow found myself here, being chased down by agents of the Pirate Mafia's Don. I was saved though...by Jyu, and Shin, and Cid...they saved my life...they didn't even know who I was...didn't even know my name, yet they still put themselves in harm's way to help me. And that's why I'm here now...eating this wonderful food prepared by you, and surrounded by people who make me feel happy like I used when I was with my pirate crew family. I don't know if my father is still alive...somewhere out there...but I vow to find him again someday soon! I can never rest until I know that he's alright. But until then...until the time that I can find him...find some kind of evidence that he's still alive out there somewhere...I want to stay here...with Jyu, Shin, Cid, and even the new lady Echo, and you Ferru. It's funny," I said with a light laugh, as I finally turned back towards Ferru, and gave him a soft, happy smile.

I smirked, happy to see her in a bit of a lighter mood after that rather dreary narration. Poor girl must have had a hell of a time if the Pirate Mafia was involved. Even I knew next to nothing about their business...just that they didn't let much get past them.

"Yeah, I guess it's good to find a place to belong, eh?" I took in another spoonful of stew before going on, "It seems this little bar-crew here is a bit of a family of sorts. From what I can tell, you're one of the family already if Jyuuki is talking to you." I laughed a bit, "...the girl always had a big heart. Makes up for her height...oh, don't tell her I said that. She'd be angry."

"You remind me of someone I used to know on my pirate ship. He was like my big brother. He taught me everything that I needed to know about being a great pirate. He was always there for me...he looked out for me, and cared for me like a real big brother would...I miss him...I don't know if he survived the Pirate Mafia attack either, and he's also another very important person to me, whom I one day hope to find as well. But you remind me so much of him, Ferru...I hope that that doesn't seem a little weird to you," I said, with a slightly embarrassed smile.

My smile softened a bit, "...I'm honored you feel that way. My family...well..." I scratched my head a bit, "...my family was a victim of the Imperial bombing runs...we had a nice farm outside of Edo...it was leveled...all of it. I was gone when it happened, but my parents weren't..." I sighed, "I try not to think of that stuff though. Helps keep me from being all depressed."

I got up to take in the dirty plates and walked over to Raven, "Well...I suppose that makes me your big brother in a way. Looks like I'll have to keep any men away from you..." I chuckled, ruffling her hair, knowing full well it'd probably upset her, "Glad to have someone like you around, Raven." I took the plates in while whistling some unnamed tune, wondering if the others would begging for dessert later.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#313 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 19 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"...DEMOTIONS." My lips worded, silently, too wide-eyed and too caught off guard by the possibilities. Seriously, if Cid ever found an employee he liked knockin (brave brave [goddesses help her]) boots with, all of the rest of us would be screwed-- we're not about to go the distance and more just to get an A for conduct or alittle more money in our pockets (yes even I had standards).

I looked back at the door, hearing mumbles and whispers and oh my gawd are they woo-ing eachother? If so, then what the worst senario was happening right behind our ears.

...This is SO bad.

"Yes... DEMOTIONS." I worded back to her, still taken back at exactly what Cid could do to our future... especially if he now had an employee who'd he could partake private meetings (god. god. just shut up, mind!) with. Who knew what he'd do with us after something like this? His little mistress would probably end up with all of the pay --- while we receive the chump change. Ah, wouldn't that be a nice scenario. Yeah, there was no way in hell that I would allow anything like that to happen. We worked hard enough for the old man, and there were limits to what I would possibly do. (surprising, right?)

My eyes shot back to the door yet again, and to Jyuuki just as fast. Was I actually hearing whispers and the occasional mumbles and grumbles. Exactly what was going on behind this door -behind our ears- is what truly frightened me. It wasn't everyday that something this... this wrong happened!

Gods. Didn't he just close the door? You've gotta be kidding me... This simply had to go down as one of the freakiest 'steakouts' I have ever been on. For seriously, I've been all over this crazy world and never before have I crossed upon something like this. No idea if I should still be sickened or just plain amused; meh. I'll stick with both for now.

"...What are you looking for?"

I whirled my head around looking for any possible solutions, and I just right out gasped when my eyes landed on the passage of enlightment (no, for real this was a Code Red)--

A vent duct.

"YES! I scream-whispered my cheer, punching the air and stood pointing excitedly up to the vent duct's screen cover. Thank goddesses for those things, it was always like heaven opening up for Shihna and I, because it was our only solution to getting in the Cave of the Old Man Sweat and Noises That Would Make Anyone Donate Their Libidos to the Church. That and it had always helped with boring afternoons-- I mean, when I trained my ninja skills. Duh.

Eyes widening at that sudden cheer, I glanced to wherever this spazzy girl was pointing towards. A vent duct?

Wait. She actually found a vent duct! Not only did realization wash over but I let out a silent-cheer of my own. It actually seemed that the gods were on our side today, because it was the only solution as of now. And the best one, too. It's not like we'd be able to barge into this bedroom of mental torture (for Jyuuki and I), well we probably could, but do really think the two of us would enjoy running in on whatever was going on in there?! Come on now, would you?! I think not.

"Jyuu! You are a total lifesaver... I forgot that this thing was here." A smile crossed my face as I glanced around at our surroundings. Lemme guess, Jyuuki was going to need a little boost up there? Well, I wouldn't turn down that 'order', I mean... we were both going to have to get up there somehow. We needed to know what was going on (especially since we were the only ones who knew of this 'secret'. awesome, right?)

"Shihn!" I motioned with both arms before patting my own shoulders, standing directly underneath our inanimate savior, "Gimme a boost!"

I took hold of my co-worker, before carefully pushing her towards our main objective. This vent duct was our only hope as of now, and who knew what we could possibly learn after all of this? Some pretty interesting stuff, I hoped. "Get in there, Jyuu! If you can hear anything else, lemme know when I get in there. Give me one of our old signals or something...!" If, I could even get up there with her. The two of us haven't used this thing in so long... so it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up flat on our faces in Cid's bedroom.

Stupid conscience, leave me be!

#314 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

My tongue peeked out as I worked on the vent duct's screen cover, standing on Shihna's strong shoulders and daym girl she must've been working out. It felt like I was standing on something pretty sturdy! WHAT THE CODE REDS JYUUKI FOCUS. And the mental berating helped because I quickly worked and let out a small squeal as the last nail fell away and I shoved my mini-screwdriver in my pocket (really these shorts had so many stories to tell) satisfied. This was diligent, delicate stuff here-- we had to walk on egg shells from now on -- totally mission time.

Find out what's going on behind the Gate to Visual Hell.

"Shihn, you nuts!? No way, I'm not goin' alone. Screw that! And here." I cut off my whispery whine, berating as I quietly passed down the cover. I nodded once before I slid my hands up and into the cold metal of the vent's entrance and then with a grunt pulled myself up and into the dark passage-way. Ahhh man, so many good times... I smiled, despite the situation. Really this is where I'd gone on one of my adventures looking into the newbie employee's rooms. Seriously, it was all precautions. Anyway, I snapped out of it when I caught site of the light coming from the vent screen from Cid's Room. Just a few feet away and gawd like I was gonna do this alone.

I shrugged off the hideous mental images I'd see in that room then those of me having a seizure and dieing in a vent-- and looked down, watching Shihna slowly put down the screen cover slowly. She looked up just as I reached down for her hands, my legs braced on the floor of the vent and looks like she got the idea that this sure as the sun rising wasn't a solo mission because she did this sort of acrobatic jump (maybe I taught her that? Hehe). She vaulted off the wall and then she grabbed my hands last second. I flew forward from the added weight and then gritted my teeth (must be all that extra muscle she got, oof) bracing myself, before tugging her out of the hallway and completely into the vent.

After composing ourselves (first objective was done, sadness) we looked at eachother and then Cid's vent then back at eachother. Our faces said it all: My stomach is in my butt because I'm scared of the outcome and my sanity.

Seriously, we'd done alot of things, alot of things. But naked boss? Naked father-figure? Naked old man?

Naked Cid-parts?

I was really diggin being ignorant right about then. Nevertheless, we had to get this done. It was in our blood-- we couldn't avoid it. I shook out my fears and faced my partner, serious business expression on my face. Planning time. "Kay first things first, the reason I didn't wanna go alone is that blind people are already down-in-the-proverbial-dumps right? Well, if I gotta be a blind person for the rest of my sexy life, I'd prefer to have blind friends. And that means you. I'm not about to do this alone, got it? Anyway, we gotta figure on how we're gonna pull this off. We already know, from their... hurgh, naughty talk, there is definitely something going down tonight. So we've gotta approach with the utmost, life-threatening caution." My hazel eyes left Shihna's and looked over my shoulder at that our destination, with open disgust. "I say we look at the same time-- and if they are... ugh, slammin' clams-- we bust in. That's all I got 'cause really, this mission is straight breaking and entering and barfing."

I looked back and grinned, the adrenaline rushing through my veins cos only very few things beat out sneaking around in vents with a friend/coworker to find out if your Boss had the Viagra-tinted hotts for some interested employee who had legs that went on forever. Very few things.

"So, how bout it?"

#315 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Jan 19 2009, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Yeah, I guess it's good to find a place to belong, eh?" I took in another spoonful of stew before going on, "It seems this little bar-crew here is a bit of a family of sorts. From what I can tell, you're one of the family already if Jyuuki is talking to you." I laughed a bit, "...the girl always had a big heart. Makes up for her height...oh, don't tell her I said that. She'd be angry."

I grinned at him, and said, "no worries. She won't hear it from me."

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Jan 19 2009, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My smile softened a bit, "...I'm honored you feel that way.

I got up to take in the dirty plates and walked over to Raven, "Well...I suppose that makes me your big brother in a way. Looks like I'll have to keep any men away from you..." I chuckled, ruffling her hair, knowing full well it'd probably upset her, "Glad to have someone like you around, Raven." I took the plates in while whistling some unnamed tune, wondering if the others would begging for dessert later.

My grin got even wider, and I hid a small pleased smile that he wanted to be my 'big brother.' It made me feel light and happy...like I used when I was around my pirate brother.

I then got up from the table, and followed Ferru into the back kitchen area with the sink, and began helping him clean up, bopping my head a little to the nameless little tune that he was whistling, and wondering what the others were up to, as they had all been gone for a while now.

I hoped that they would come back soon. I was more than ready for dessert.

#316 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 19 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was taking far too long, perhaps he underestimated the two girls. He gestured to Echo and opened the door, spotting the two girls standing on top of each other below a vent. "AH HA! If you wanted to join in, you could've just asked."

(OOC: woooops XDDD shad, we're both in the vent! and why're ya stopping half-way through omg. the tension is rising D: )

#317 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 19 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(OOC: woooops XDDD shad, we're both in the vent! and why're ya stopping half-way through omg. the tension is rising D: )

(OOC: Mah bad!! Seems like you girls were trying to open the vent. I'm gonna delete my other post okey-dey?)

They're taking way too long.... He lightly opened his door only to see no one. "Huh." He cleared his throat and, winking at Echo again, he closed the door.

"Oh yeah, Echo.... Looks like you'll definitely have that spot!"

#318 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 19 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Shihn, you nuts!? No way, I'm not goin' alone. Screw that! And here." I cut off my whispery whine, berating as I quietly passed down the cover. I nodded once before I slid my hands up and into the cold metal of the vent's entrance and then with a grunt pulled myself up and into the dark passage-way. Ahhh man, so many good times... I smiled, despite the situation. Really this is where I'd gone on one of my adventures looking into the newbie employee's rooms. Seriously, it was all precautions. Anyway, I snapped out of it when I caught site of the light coming from the vent screen from Cid's Room. Just a few feet away and gawd like I was gonna do this alone.

I shrugged off the hideous mental images I'd see in that room then those of me having a seizure and dieing in a vent-- and looked down, watching Shihna slowly put down the screen cover slowly. She looked up just as I reached down for her hands, my legs braced on the floor of the vent and looks like she got the idea that this sure as the sun rising wasn't a solo mission because she did this sort of acrobatic jump (maybe I taught her that? Hehe). She vaulted off the wall and then she grabbed my hands last second. I flew forward from the added weight and then gritted my teeth (must be all that extra muscle she got, oof) bracing myself, before tugging her out of the hallway and completely into the vent.

"Alright! Alright! I get you... I won't leave you alone with this one!" I muttered back, feeling my teeth grind against one another. I was used to this common situation, with Jyuuki standing on my shoulders trying to open some sort of sealed passageway --- or whatever you wanted to call it. Jyuuki and I were known for this kind of stuff (especially when it wasn't truly revolved around working business), but I caught my breath once noticing the small light shining upon me. It had taken her 'some' time to get this vent open, which made me wonder if we were getting rusty with this stuff? Could that possibly be the case and oh god, realization just hit me that we were this close to Cid's bedroom. Alright now, preparations were finished and long forgotten... it was the real deal now. And still, I couldn't get the mental imagine out of my head: life just had to be a betch when it came to stuff like this.

Well, there really wasn't anything we could possibly do. But get this over with, no way I was thinking of giving up, and the same went for the little ninja using me as support. We had gotten this far in a matter of seconds and muffled words, so what's the point of running away?

Feeling the loss of weight, I clearly got the picture that she had made it safe and sound into the vent. Still... were the two of us going to be able to fit in here again? It had been some times since our last adventure up here (who was it? that redheaded cook or the 'supposed' playboy bunny bartender?), but as usual I reached out for my partner-in-crime. With a grunt, I knew she wasn't going to be able to pull me up - even though we all knew Jyuuki could do it, but there was needed time that we were already wasting. And of course, who was going to get blamed for missing anything important? "Hold up, I'm gonna make this easier for all of us". Vaulting off the wall (been awhile since I used that one), I took hold of Jyuuki's hand and made my way into the vent, making sure to close this darn thing before anything else. The others were going to get suspcious, there was no point for all of us to be crammed in here!

I was really diggin being ignorant right about then. Nevertheless, we had to get this done. It was in our blood-- we couldn't avoid it. I shook out my fears and faced my partner, serious business expression on my face. Planning time. "Kay first things first, the reason I didn't wanna go alone is that blind people are already down-in-the-proverbial-dumps right? Well, if I gotta be a blind person for the rest of my sexy life, I'd prefer to have blind friends. And that means you. I'm not about to do this alone, got it? Anyway, we gotta figure on how we're gonna pull this off. We already know, from their... hurgh, naughty talk, there is definitely something going down tonight. So we've gotta approach with the utmost, life-threatening caution." My hazel eyes left Shihna's and looked over my shoulder at that our destination, with open disgust. "I say we look at the same time-- and if they are... ugh, slammin' clams-- we bust in. That's all I got 'cause really, this mission is straight breaking and entering and barfing."

And just like that, I was really hankering to start this mission of ours. Even as we both proclaimed that we were changed people, this is what showed others who we really were; and how our motives were not of habit, but in our blood. I noticed my partner's serious expression and only placed a determined -yes honest- smile on my own. I could only guess that it was our planning time, huh? As usual, it would be something so simple yet interesting in the crossfire, who knew what could happen? "That seems fair, we can both get a set of seeing-eye-dogs that sometimes enjoy ripping at each other's throats. Look, I already knew you weren't going to do this alone. Who else would you attempt something like this with?" My eyes trailed from Jyuuki and to our main objective, only scruntching my face in disgust in possible fear. Yeah, this is where it was going to get a bit crazy. "Ugh... don't say that. It already took most of my sanity to believe he could actually get a girl... but this is our only motive. Seeing as this is the only way into his room besides the front door--- wouldn't want to do that, right?"

I grinned before overhearing Cid's voice, yet again. Not only did that bring another wave of fear over me, but exactly what he said is what got to me. I twitched, bringing down anything that dared to escape my mouth, this was going to have me sick for a few days. And exactly what was he talking about?! What exactly did this Echo do to get... to get 'this spot'?! Gawd!

"So, how bout it?"

"We have to do this now. Tell me you just heard that, Jyuu! We should've brought along a pair of sunglasses or something... fer serious."

#319 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:57 AM

(sorry about not posting, my laptop screen's broken and I have no story ideas left....I'm actually waiting for Echo to respond.)

#320 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:31 AM

(sorry about that, work has been exhausting. Will respond when I wake up tomorrow. xD; )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users