2627 replies to this topic

#2061 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

Thanks to having a Cyber Sleuth save file, got some extra items, so already got Betamon up to MegaSeadramon before chapter 3, lol. And already ran into some old characters too.

2e5.gif

#2062 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Thanks to having a Cyber Sleuth save file, got some extra items, so already got Betamon up to MegaSeadramon before chapter 3, lol. And already ran into some old characters too.

Hopelly I get the game this afternoon crossfinger :argh:

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#2063 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

I got mineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :argh:

#2064 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

GOOD!!! But again no spoilers til I get mine :hehehe:

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 January 2018 - 08:57 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2065 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:07 PM

GOOD!!! But again no spoilers til I get mine :hehehe:

OK small details.

#2066 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

Are Keisuke and Erika a couple yet? :lmao:  :P

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 January 2018 - 11:05 PM.

#2067 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:13 PM

Are Keisuke and Erika a couple yet? :lmao:  :P

Who knows, she is Tsundere XD.

#2068 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

I just began my game.

My party will just Dragons type

#2069 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

You mean only Dramons? :hehehe:

#2070 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

You mean only Dramons? :hehehe:

Mostly, there are some exceptions like Examon or Dracomon both of them are dragon even though do not end in dramon.

Well I have the basic Seadramon. Right now I stop to level up.

#2071 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:38 PM

The most tedious thing in any RPG is level grinding but you do it anyway! XD

#2072 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:08 AM

The most tedious thing in any RPG is level grinding but you do it anyway! XD

Numemon is the key, well Platinum Sukamon in the beginning. 

#2073 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:39 AM

I got Dracomon.

#2074 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

Currently got MegaSeadramon, MegaKabuterimon, and Wingdramon.

2e5.gif

#2075 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

Currently got MegaSeadramon, MegaKabuterimon, and Wingdramon.

Are you using Platinum Sukamon or Numemon? What chapter you are?

#2076 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

Okay my copy FINALLY ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!! :D

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 January 2018 - 06:47 PM.

#2077 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:52 PM

It's funny, Taichi/Sora/Yamato reminds me a lot of Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke.

It always felt like Sora only had a shallow crush on Yamato. Yamato never seemed interested in her at all. Taichi and Sora got all this development that went no where.

One reason I hated s2 and the ending so much. Also the fact that Hikari and Takeru didn't get together when they were hands down the best "couple" in the series. I was hoping Tri would retcon stuff, but I heard that's not the case.

Edited by jak123, 23 January 2018 - 08:57 PM.

#2078 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:28 AM

Okay my copy FINALLY ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!! :D

Now play and get Black Wargreymon, do you get DLC?

#2079 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:03 AM

A fan of Digimon on Twitter:

Differences between analyzing a sequel with some similarities to the previous game but different and analyzing a game called Pokemon that is 90% identical but with 4 improvements.

26993858_1589079654462509_49401781471401

26993751_1589079754462499_29664915864312

Right now in this moment there are certain reviews unleash a Digimon vs Pokemon, HM vs USM. This mean both game are using recycle, but they are still the same  game. Digi fans are little upset they know  Pokemon is popular, but they think that the reviews are being unfair with HM and certain reviews  because Pokemon  is more popular.

What do you think?

Edited by Liu bie, 24 January 2018 - 01:11 PM.

#2080 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

Are you using Platinum Sukamon or Numemon? What chapter you are?

Neither. I've just been abusing the Digi-Farm and leaving the game on while I do other things, lol. Also, since I uploaded my Cyber Sleuth save, it gave me some items like some Brave Point C (10,000 EXP for a Digimon) and Brave Point A (40,000 EXP for a Digimon) and whatnot.

It's funny, Taichi/Sora/Yamato reminds me a lot of Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke.

It always felt like Sora only had a shallow crush on Yamato. Yamato never seemed interested in her at all. Taichi and Sora got all this development that went no where.

One reason I hated s2 and the ending so much. Also the fact that Hikari and Takeru didn't get together when they were hands down the best "couple" in the series. I was hoping Tri would retcon stuff, but I heard that's not the case.

Sora didn't even start having any sort of "crush" on Matt until like...halfway through Digimon Adventure 02. Up until then, there was even LESS time of them together than NH.

They're clearly trying to get people to ship Tai with Meiko instead, but just like Sora / Yamato and NH, there is NO real meaningful interaction between the two at all throughout all of tri so far. The only time Tai and Meiko ever seemed to talk was when Tai had to try to pull Meiko out of yet ANOTHER funk of self-pity and such. They even tried to have Agumon interact with her in the most recent episode and try to seemingly establish some sort of "bond" between them like it would force Tai to be with her.

The first half of tri was cool, emotional, and intriguing, but this latter half, post-reboot, feels like a mess. Not only are the plotholes created by Digimon Adventure 02 never addressed (heck, 02's cast is "missing" with no in-universe explanation), but they only created MORE questions and holes that have yet to be answered while also ruining other things, like destroying the power and mysticism behind the Digimon Sovereigns by turning them into just partners of a previous group of Chosen Children (that were NEVER mentioned by Qinglongmon / Azulongmon in 02 despite BEING one of those partners), which leads one to wonder just why that group of children just seemed to leave them and do whatever and also just how they could have lost to the Dark Masters if they're supposedly SO much stronger than Tai and co. (given how effortlessly Qinglongmon stopped BlackWarGreymon despite his full power being sealed by the Dark Spires) who were able to beat the Dark Masters one-on-one and pretty easily all things considered (only Piedmon REALLY gave them a challenge in the end), which ends up destroying the image of the Dark Masters as such a huge threat.

A fan of Digimon on Twitter:

Differences between analyzing a sequel with some similarities to the previous game but different and analyzing a game called Pokemon that is 90% identical but with 4 improvements.

Right now in this moment there are certain reviews unleash a Digimon vs Pokemon, HM vs USM. This mean both game are using recycle, but they are still the same  game. Digi fans are little upset they know  Pokemon is popular, but they think that the reviews are being unfair with HM and certain reviews  because Pokemon  is more popular.

What do you think?

This is why I ended up growing out of Pokemon rather quickly. I noticed as early as Gen III that Pokemon had no intention of truly changing anything; anime or game-wise. It was just going to repeat 95% the same things over and over while only changing / adding overall very minimal things. This further shows the big difference in age demographic - Pokemon being aimed at children ages up to 10 years old while Digimon is usually for young adults ages 13+. Pokemon's target audience are more mentally immature, ones who won't really question much in terms of the Pokemon universe and only care more about just flashy, cool battles. This allows Pokemon to get away with repeating SO much  Digimon, though, is for an audience who is at least in the middle of greater mental development and maturity, and will most likely start finding themselves wanting MORE substance out of their stories and games and such.Thi

This is why Pokemon tends to overall be mostly about friendship and not a whole lot else anime-wise whereas Digimon tends to dive into deeper and more complex social issues beyond just friendship, like life and death, divorce, adoption, xenophobia, depression and suicide, etc. Pokemon at least implies a little more in the games (like Red / Green / Blue's Lavender Town bringing up that Pokemon do actually die / can be killed, and later titles having slightly darker elements), but it still remains overall light-hearted and doesn't dwell on such issues for very long whereas most Digimon games are pretty similar to the animes on issues. Pokemon's games (at least until more recently) and anime.don't even have much of what could be called a "plot" while a lot of characters are, at best, pretty simplistic and not very interesting or "deep". Most of the Digimon anime and games tend to have some sort of plot to them that actually changes and develops, with pretty unique characters (interesting or not can depend) who actually have noticeable development that affects them and others, and usually plays into the conclusion of the series.

Like, anime-wise, Tai and Yamato start out neutral towards each other at best and, more often, antagonistic to each other at worst, but by the end of Digimon Adventure, because of their development individually and through their interactions with each other, they're among the closest friends of their group. Ash doesn't really have anything like that with any of his main rivals in Pokemon. His main antagonistic rivals don't become his friends due to meaningful interaction and their own individual development, but magically become them after Ash or someone else beats them in an important battle(s), including Gary (first losing in the fourth preliminary battle of the Indigo League allowing Ash to pull ahead of him, then to Ash himself in the Johto League).

Not to say Pokemon is "bad" or anything - I'm just someone who quickly grew out of a demographic that could enjoy it, but as someone who has experience with both Pokemon and Digimon, such things are what I have noticed a lot over the years and it's why I have long since preferred Digimon anime and games over Pokemon and am sad that Digimon isn't give more of a chance. Unfortunately, a lot of people who have grown up with and/or are still deeply rooted to Pokemon have been "brainwashed" into thinking Pokemon is SO  original and did EVERYTHING first; accusing not only Digimon, but other series' and franchises that have virtually anything similar to Pokemon as "ripoffs" without even realizing that virtually nothing about Pokemon is original; every part of it can be traced ranging all the way back to things like Ultra Seven in the 1960s (of which Pokemon's creator even said Pokemon is heavily inspired by as he was a fan of Ultra Seven as a kid, and it utilizes the "monster allies from capsules" concept), things like Monster In My Pocket and Shin Megami Tensei in the 80s, to even Digimon itself from the 90s to today (especially since 2013 with Mega Evolution).

I largely blame it on Pokemon being heavily backed by Nintendo and getting a very aggressive marketing campaign in the year leading up to its international release. You couldn't go anywhere, read anything, watch anything, or listen to anything without something Pokemon being there, and the Nintendo Power magazine was constantly talking about it whereas Digimon was (and still is) just sort of quietly released in the US overall outside of a couple Digimon V-Pet commercials on TV. If Pokemon didn't have Nintendo's huge backing and/or Digimon got just as much, if not more aggressive marketing by a big company, Digimon would be just as, if not more popular than Pokemon internationally (the two look to be a lot more even in Japan).

In some ways, I'm glad Digimon isn't so huge like Pokemon is because Pokemon has started to show signs of being milked for its name with things like Pokken (bombed overall last I saw) or Pokemon Go (a fad that only lasted for a month or so before it just kinda died on the spot), and even Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon seem to have had more noticeable criticism of being virtually the same exact thing as over the last 20 years. The Pokemon: I Choose You! film also seems to be trying to bank more on nostalgia for attention (especially considering the last few films bombed last I saw) and yet changing things people liked about the earlier Pokemon days like the exclusion of Misty and Brock early on in favor of two new characters (who split at the end) while also trying to force in Gem III+ Pokemon (Entei, Lucario, Suicune, Incineroar, Luxray, Raikou, Lycanroc, etc.) and such.

2e5.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users