91 replies to this topic

#41 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:36 AM

Do we really need to have little positions for everyone? I mean I would think that anyone with any sense would be able to see if a situation is getting out of hand and take care of it dispite any title they may have. I know I would and have, there obviously wasn't someone there with enough responsiblity to see this last time why do we think that they'll be there this time, titles or not?

#42 Demonic_Wonder

Demonic_Wonder

Space-Pirate-Ninja Dohicky.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Interests:There's a difference between the things that I do and what interest me.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:37 AM

I was thinking about that first suggestion, but It's impossible. Insults can come in a sentance, with many variables, and a machine can't recognize them all.

#43 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:40 AM

I can already think of a few good choices. Just for the record, I'll go ahead and list those I think would be good so all can discuss.

Here's the list, in no particular order:
ForgottenBushido
BlackLightning
Derock
StarlightAngel
JoHamSandwich
Danni
ashleyriot

And those are the best I can think off of the top of my head.

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 19 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we really need to have little positions for everyone? I mean I would think that anyone with any sense would be able to see if a situation is getting out of hand and take care of it dispite any title they may have. I know I would and have, there obviously wasn't someone there with enough responsiblity to see this last time why do we think that they'll be there this time, titles or not?

You make a decent point. However, do consider the major age range of H&E members, Historic. They range from preteens all the way up to college graduates. That variance has to be considered.

True, but, for an intermediate measure, it should do well enough.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#44 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:anime, basketball, and writing.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:44 AM

I think people are more aware of it this time around, the mods especially.

I just think, since there aren't a whole lot of mods, that it'd be prudent to have a greater number of people able to step in and control things, since the LC is a 24/7 thing.
I'm not cynical- I'm right.

#45 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Mar 19 2007, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can already think of a few good choices. Just for the record, I'll go ahead and list those I think would be good so all can discuss.

ForgottenBushido
BlackLightning
Derock
StarlightAngel
JoHamSandwich
Danni
ashleyriot

Why am I... nevermind laugh.gif
But seriously, it may be a good idea, Abel, but there's one thing, majority of us will possibly not be on the LC 24/7 when there aren't any mods around, many of us have school, work, family/personal business, etc.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#46 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Mar 19 2007, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ForgottenBushido
BlackLightning
Derock
StarlightAngel
JoHamSandwich
Danni
ashleyriot

And those are the best I can think off of the top of my head.
You make a decent point. However, do consider the major age range of H&E members, Historic. They range from preteens all the way up to college graduates. That variance has to be considered.

http://www.narusaku....?showtopic=4238
You suggested two that you thought would be good, but they have been part of the people involved in the actions as we can see from that thread. I don't mean to point them out, but its that Age really doesn't make a difference in this instance. Get the point? People that may seem responsible aren't always all of the time.

Of course the variance has to be considered but level of maturity isn't always judged by age, espcially on such an easy subject to differeniate on, my comment stands as it has nothing to do with age since there should usually be a responsible person on anyways.

I think people are more aware of it this time around, the mods especially.

I just think, since there aren't a whole lot of mods, that it'd be prudent to have a greater number of people able to step in and control things, since the LC is a 24/7 thing.

I agree, I think we should give it another chance and maybe this time people will realise how far they can go and/or when to stop something like this because of this thread.

#47 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 19 2007, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why am I... nevermind laugh.gif
But seriously, it may be a good idea, Abel, but there's one thing, majority of us will possibly not be on the LC 24/7, many of us have school, work, family/personal business, etc.

..and therein lies the alternative, which is to close down the LC when there are no mods present.

It would seem that those are the two options, if you want to maintain order and keep the LC safe for everyone. Either increase the authority, or decrease the availability of the chat.

#48 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (TheBugNinja @ Mar 20 2007, 04:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..and therein lies the alternative, which is to close down the LC when there are no mods present.

It would seem that those are the two options, if you want to maintain order and keep the LC safe for everyone. Either increase the authority, or decrease the availability of the chat.

That wouldn't work too well either. Mods aren't going to be around all the time. It would also be annoying as well. You're in a middle of a conversation, but the mod wants to leave, you gotta stop and continue it another time, or use the P.M. system or something.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#49 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:58 AM

Derock, I listed you because, as far as I've seen, you are calm and level headed while on LC. Also, the fact that a small number can't be on all the time is why I suggest many in shifts.

Historic, as I was unaware of that thread until you provided the link (and, I am sorry to see Ash go before I really had a chance to talk with her at length about anything), I'll have to read it before I can fully and truthfully respond to your post.

#50 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:59 AM

I see where the admins and such are coming from on the chatroom deal.

I moderate at a forum that used to have a chatroom. It was a house of drama, fights and daily bull. Once I figured out the userplane chat was giving out viruses, I put in to have the whole thing removed. We're currently deciding the fate of the chatroom on that forum as well, and I'm the key proponent against it. I was on it a lot, and you wouldn't believe some of the bull**** some of the people there would instigate, and I honestly did a lot of babysitting. Sad fact is people think less when in a chat room then they do posting on a forum.

Sad fact is that like Nick said, chatrooms are damn difficult to moderate. Nobody can be in there 24/7, and fights always start up at some point. About the only way to solve things is if you are PM'ed when there is a problem, and often by then the problem is long over.

So I understand if they decide to kill the LC. I was hoping to get to know the other members here, as I figured this community wasn't like the one at TBRS and the chat room would be relatively fight and drama free. But I guess drama and fights will happen everywhere. When human beings get together in some way, there will be disagreements.
bd5.jpg

#51 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Mar 19 2007, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That wouldn't work too well either. Mods aren't going to be around all the time. It would also be annoying as well. You're in a middle of a conversation, but the mod wants to leave, you gotta stop and continue it another time, or use the P.M. system or something.

Like I said, it falls into the category of "we brought it on ourselves." Nobody here has room to complain.

If that means we have to continue a convo via AIM, YIM, MSN, Email or PM, so be it.

If someone else has an idea that would work, aside from increasing authority or decreasing chat availability, I'd love to hear it.

#52 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:05 AM

I'm confused, what is that list for?

By the way bass, I was just foolin' about. I was just being silly.

Am I really that anal, that yall think everything I say, I'm serious about? I can understand, I'm pretty serious about a lot of things..but geez. I've just been so mis-understood lately. I'm startin to think I should talk a lot less.

#53 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (TheBugNinja @ Mar 20 2007, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said, it falls into the category of "we brought it on ourselves." Nobody here has room to complain.

If that means we have to continue a convo via AIM, YIM, MSN, Email or PM, so be it.

If someone else has an idea that would work, aside from increasing authority or decreasing chat availability, I'd love to hear it.

While it'd be nice to talk to someone LIVE, but boards work well for me anyway. Can't speak for the rest, but I think it would be better in the long run, and the boards can get flowing again.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#54 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:11 AM

....well, there's always the FC Chat Thread in the Ichiraku Thread... ( if the mods decide to closed the LC for good)...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#55 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (ForgottenBushido @ Mar 19 2007, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way bass, I was just foolin' about. I was just being silly.

Am I really that anal, that yall think everything I say, I'm serious about? I can understand, I'm pretty serious about a lot of things..but geez. I've just been so mis-understood lately. I'm startin to think I should talk a lot less.

Thats my main boo on all of this, I know it was probably nothing taken way to seriously. Thats the normal drama case, and then the instigators get all the flak when they really didn't mean anything by it. I know I can be pretty crazy and offensive but i'm only kidding around. If it offends you, first ask them to stop politely if they don't (it should end here if they're kidding but please adknowledge you know they're kidding or you really sound ignorant), ignore them, if you can't then leave to another channel and report them if you feel it needed.

edit: THIS is YOU being responsible for the chat, no one needs to do it for you.

#56 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:15 AM

nvm. abel. I'm an idot. I just wasnt paying attention. Yeah I just learned how to read five minutes ago.../sigh

#57 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:21 AM

ForgottenBushido, that list was of those I felt would be good choices to act as 'Deputies', as someone put it, for LC. Members with no forum power beyond the basic account (unless current staff decides otherwise) but are in charge of making sure the LC stays clean while they are on. I included you because I felt your serious nature and levelheadedness (sp?) would work great for that job.
Lol, just read your second post. Still, I'll leave this up so you know why I decided to include you on that list.

Historic, you make a very good point. The LC had the option of setting someone to 'ignore' for a very good reason. I doubt the creators included it for nothing.

#58 bassclef

bassclef

Konoha Journalist

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:40 AM

Abel, you probably didn't notice, but over the past week I volunteered to help the mods and admins with the... complications we've been having in LC lately. So far I was able to prevent one fight from happening. smile.gif

I'd love to stay and chat, but it's getting awfully late. I need some sleep.
"I got bored, so I decided to go and buy a 360. *shrugs* I mainly use it when I'm bored... Which happens to be all the time, lol." -me

#59 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:43 AM

Meh, I just think people are gunna fight to fight. Most of the time when people say stupid stuff. I or someone usually says something anyway to get them to stop. There are a few people that are a continual(..bloody hell I just remembered i have a dentist appointment in the morning.) Anyway, I mean there are people there that annoy me because they're constantly saying things that I don't think are respectful to someone else. For the most part I'm pretty confident in saying that they don't like it either. However, It's still up to us or not if we just hit the "block" button. I think that all of us, Including myself just have emo moments and go crazy from time to time. I've been around for good amount of time and a fair portion of you guys know me.I've said some stupid junk too. I've seen some fights and some things get outta hand, but nothing like this was done before. Like I say, I just think somtimes we just go emo..lol. Full moon or something, I don't know. I think for the vast majority of the people here, they use the chat room as a place to vent. Bare in mind, everything I'm saying here I include myself as well. I don't think any one person is excluded from the group.

More specificaly, I wasn't here for the last fight, that appearently sent it over the edge. I had left the LC just before it happened. So I have no Idea what happened and it wasnt explained to me at all. Nor do I care to find out what it was about. I could really care less. I say that to say, If it was really that bad to shut down the chat, then just turn it off all together. Because at some point, people are gunna fight. Regaurdless of mods being there. Because so far what I've seen. Some people have said some pretty stupid crap, well they werent banned or kicked. They were warned and in some instances it just continued and things blow up like they just did the other night, appearently. If the chat remains open there needs to be a new set of rules and they need to be enforced. Seriously enforced. Which in order to do so, there needs to be an increased number of "anbu".

Now, looking at it the other way. I really dont want the chat to change at all. Some of you guys have already mentioned this; but if we really cant be mature enough to handle things as gentlemen and ladies then we're all a bunch of children and need to be put in a courner because we just need some time to mature. I've heard some of you say, "Well, I don't claim to be a gentleman." Well you better damn well do it, because you cant go through life being an ass. I for one don't tollerate it, and I've gone off on a few people because of it. I think if we all just agree to be cordial and cut out the bullsh** we'll all get along just fine.

Just watch your mouths and if we got fights, let's take 'em outside. That includes me. I'm really easy to bite at people when i feel i've been offended or someone i care about is offended. Yall know that. So that goes for me too. I'm not just standin' on a soap box here.

Well. thats what I think anyway.

#60 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:54 AM

LOL! STOP SPAMMING THIS DAMN THREAD EVERYONE! XDD!!! Kidding, kidding.

And I'm surpised that I'm suggested as a LC moderator. XD! Although having LC only moderators would be a good thing IMO. I think we need someone...forgive how I'm saying this, but tight-assed (no this is not a gay joke DX)... we need someone who can just... be like: HEY. STOP IT OR YOU GET BOOTED....yeah. XD!

Anyway. in response to Bushido, I don't even know where to find that damn weapon. XD! If that's the only thing stopping you to play, too bad. DX.

We should have all LC participants have a PSO account... just in case any of them want to start fighting... BAM! Hop onto PSO, do battle mode. XDD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users